Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

*Finding Knuckles a home*

That's actually a pretty good idea. It fits in perfectly with the themes of the show.
  • Thumbs Up 1

CDd0Pp2UIAAaW3F.jpg

Yes there is Cubot. It's right there. Between the 't' and 'p'.

Yes, that's... that's the joke.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm a bit behind here but I was seeing people talk about Boom needing more Continuity and all I can ever think when I see that is does no one remember how literally every CN and Nickelodeon show I assume most of us grew up on had no arcs and very minor continuity nods occasionally?

Cause I feel like I might be the only one who remembers this and I obsessed over Space Ghost making contradictory statements when I was like 11.

There was a cancelled wrestling episode? Damn!

Glad to hear the Lightning Dolts will reappear though. We need some developed alternate antagonists.

Also like the idea of them keeping some small elements of continuity.

I'm glad you like my face swap. I'm guessing  you feel like Sticks, because you want to watch more episodes of Sonic Boom, but most of them are either not aired yet, or are only available to France at the moment (since CN is too stubborn to bother airing a full pair of new episodes, like they were supposed to...)

They're stretching the show for longevity, like they do with most other shows. It's like what they did with Johnny Test, and we all know how badly Johnny Test sucks. If you really want extreme, then watch Pear EXTREMELY humiliate himself on his Totally-NOT-Boring Youtube Channel.

(To the tune of the Top Gear Intro)

TOMORROW ON SONIC BOOM!

CD7cUTyWoAEaEIi.png

Sonic makes the dumb mistake of coming unprepared for WAR!

... well not really.

This week on Sonic Boom: with a Library Fee hanging in the balance, war erupts over a single delicious Chili Dog.
  • Thumbs Up 2

tumblr_nnn5qeDbfW1u5cb23o1_1280.png

On this week's Sonic Boom, Sonic must go under the hottest limbo sticks in the world.

Okay, here's what's actually happening:

This week on Sonic Boom: with a Library Fee hanging in the balance, an all-out war erupts over a single delicious Chili Dog.

Actually, it might be Amy's. Sonic's just returning an overdue book she's gotten a late fee for, and quite possibly might be going through hell to do it.

Actually, it might be Amy's. Sonic's just returning an overdue book she's gotten a late fee for, and quite possibly might be going through hell to do it.

I really want to know how this episode will play out. Why does Sonic have to return a library book, before Amy gets charged a late fee? Did Sonic ask Amy to borrow the book, and she made him promise her that he'd return it when done? One thing for sure, is that Eggman is really going to be the main conflict for Sonic struggling to return it on time. If Sonic is late, I hope they end the episode on a lighter note, with Sonic making it up to Amy, instead of ending it with Amy mad at Sonic.

NEW EPISODES CONFIRMED:

• Into the Wilderness will air on May 9th 2015! 

When Sticks insists on being the one to teach Amy survival skills, Sonic and Knuckles challenge them to a race through the jungle.

It's a Boys VS Girls episode-ish!

• Eggman Unplugged will air on May 16th 2015!

After Sonic and the others use Eggman's technology against him, he swears off technology for good; Lightning Bolt Society unleashes an attack.

Looks like the Lightning Bolt Society's coming back! Looking forward to that!

• Chez Amy will be airing on 23rd May 2015!

Amy decides to open her own restaurant which causes a rivalry with their former hang out and Dave the Intern.

Finally we get an episode focusing on Amy! And Dave the Intern is coming back too!

• Blue With Envy will air on 30th May 2015!

A cool new shrew arrives in town, threatening Sonic's status as the town's biggest hero.

Another episode we were talking about and here it is! Wait a minute. The rival is a Shrew?

• Thumbs Up 1

Are you sure, or are you just going by the French episodes? Because that last one would be episode 27 putting us past what would be the Season 1 count of 26 episodes.

Remember, it's 52 episodes. 26 is when two are put together. Which is what should be happening.

As for the new episodes, they sound alright. Should be interesting to watch.

• Thumbs Up 1

Another episode we were talking about and here it is! Wait a minute. The rival is a Shrew?

Hey wait..Come to think of it, Perci does look like a shrew mmm.

Is it me or did Sonic sorta kinda do a Super Peel-Out in this episode?

It's a Boys VS Girls episode-ish!

GXaIkD5.jpg

I really liked the new episode. Sonic actually having to show some patience for all the hold-ups he comes across was funny to watch. I actually didn't mind the return of the Gogobas this time around despite disliking them in Guilt-Tripping. 

Brilliant episode! The highlight had to be that stare Sonic gave to Sticks when she accidentally locked him in a cage.

NEW EPISODES CONFIRMED:

• Into the Wilderness will air on May 9th 2015! 
  • Eggman Unplugged will air on May 16th 2015!
  • Chez Amy will be airing on 23rd May 2015!

Today's episode was slightly disappointing. I was hoping Sonic would treat the situation more seriously. It got kind of annoying to see Sonic wasting so much time on stuff he didn't even want to wait through. The episode made it clear that the library wasn't too far from Meh Burger. The episode should have done a better and less repetitive job of stalling Sonic. Most of the interruptions were just annoying and easily avoidable, and seeing Sonic wasting time to go through with it just wasn't funny. The only interruption to get a laugh from me, was when Sonic came across Sticks, and when he later got caught in her trap. Otherwise, the old monkey and wolf were incredibly annoying and unfunny, Fastidious was once again being an unlikable character, by being so oblivious, and his behavior at the end was incredibly snobbish, at least Eggman gave him what he deserved, which helped Sonic help Amy in the end. 

I find it strange however, that despite Amy being one of the important characters in the plot, she actually had the least amount of screentime, even Knuckles, Tails, Sticks, and especially the people who interrupted Sonic got more screen time! The episode wasn't bad though, but it had too many moments that annoyed me as much as Sonic's impatience, instead of laughing at his impatience. I did love the part where Sonic was retracing his steps to what he did the day he last had the book, then it instantly cuts to Sonic fighting Eggman while hanging onto Eggman's Eggmobile, and I especially loved it when Sonic and Amy casued an explosion in Eggman's lair, and they took a self photo in front of scene, then they run off like 2 troublesome teenagers, that part made me laugh.

The ending really helped from making the episode not all bad, despite all the trouble Sonic went through. It may have been a little rushed, but  he was still able to return the book on time, especially after he was so close to being late, since Fastidious was being a difficult jerk. I like how the episode ended on a lighter note, Sonic returned the book on time, and it ended with Amy being happy with him, instead of being mad at him for almost being late. I can't stand it when episodes of any shows have mean spirited endings, especially to characters that others may like. One thing I worried about the episode, was will it have a bad ending for Sonic, and or Amy, or will it end ok? Luckily, it ended well.

So that's my opinion on the episode. It had many flaws in my opinion, but it was an episode that stuck with it's intended plot, and made sure to resolve the conflict, before ending. Most other tv shows with a plot like this, likely would have ended with the character making it on time, but it closes right as they get there, or they find out it was closed quite a bit ago. This show on the other hand steered away from the cliche of seeing a character struggle throughout an episode to get something done, only to fail in the end, leaving the viewers to feel the episode was a waste of time. This episode did the opposite, and actually let the main character get off the hook. I swear, that is very rare now in days, most tv shows seem to end on mean spirited levels, where the main character wasted a whole episode trying to do something, only to fail miserably, or get punished in the end. Sonic Boom may have had a few abrupt ending episodes, but none of them felt mean spirited. Sure, Unlucky Knuckles ended with Tails getting crushed by a piece of Eggman's equipment, and implies that Tails will have a bad luck streak, but the episode handled it in a more sensible kind of humorous ending, instead of a mean spirited humor type ending. Tails got crushed, and the gang gasp, and look concerned, it then shows that Tails is ok, despite being a little hurt. The fact that it showed Sonic and his friends giving a believable reaction to Tails's misfortune, instead of laughing at him, made it a more light hearted ending. Same thing with the ending to Buster, Tails got eaten by an Octopus, but it didn't just end it with him getting eaten. It showed the concerned look on the gang's faces, and Tails revealed he was ok, but needed help getting out. The episode left a good sense that Sonic and the gang would get Tails out. 

Are you sure, or are you just going by the French episodes? Because that last one would be episode 27 putting us past what would be the Season 1 count of 26 episodes.