Awoo.

My Little Pony's Justice 2 - Official MLP Thread v2

Sean

And now here with some 411, look's we've got a Rarity/AppleJack episode coming our way.

Season 4 Episode 13: "Simple Ways" Press Release with Full Synopsis

The press release from the Hub concerning the 13th episode this season has arrived. Spoilers are below the break as always!

"Simple Ways" - Rarity is known around Ponyville for her confidence and class, both of which are lost when Trenderhoof, the world famous travel writer and apple of Rarity's eye, comes to town. So, when Trenderhoof's attention is drawn to Applejack, Rarity does the unexpected and begins to dress and act more like Applejack than herself, which ends up in a muddy mess, on "My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic," Saturday, February 8 at 10:30 a.m. ET/ 7:30 a.m. PT on the Hub Network.

And so will commeth a titanic uprising of Rarijack.tongue.png 

Seriously though, I'm certainly looking forward to that one;lord knows what extent Rarity will go this time!

Another Equestria Girls movie eh?  I liked the first one; I'm hoping this one explores the world outside of the High School a bit more.  I'm also curious as to how Sunset Shimmer's been doing; I imagine it's pretty awkward considering she attempted to murder Twilight and brainwash the school and stuff.

On that note, maybe we'll see the other Twilight that Pinkie mentioned?

A lot of stuff that'll probably never be answered, but I'm nervicited anyways.

• Thumbs Up 3

And now here with some 411, look's we've got a Rarity/AppleJack episode coming our way.

The press release from the Hub concerning the 13th episode this season has arrived. Spoilers are below the break as always!

"Simple Ways" - Rarity is known around Ponyville for her confidence and class, both of which are lost when Trenderhoof, the world famous travel writer and apple of Rarity's eye, comes to town. So, when Trenderhoof's attention is drawn to Applejack, Rarity does the unexpected and begins to dress and act more like Applejack than herself, which ends up in a muddy mess, on "My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic," Saturday, February 8 at 10:30 a.m. ET/ 7:30 a.m. PT on the Hub Network.

And so will commeth a titanic uprising of Rarijack.tongue.png 

Seriously though, I'm certainly looking forward to that one;lord knows what extent Rarity will go this time!

Already hyped for this.

I for one can't wait to hear Tabitha St. Germain imitating a trans-Atlantic accent while also imitating a southern accent. Good times ahead.

• Thumbs Up 4

Synopsis update.

(Second synopsis for Pinkie Pride): 
Pinkie Pie finds her status as “super - duper party pony” in jeopardy when the mysterious Cheese Sandwich comes to town and offers to plan an epic birthday party for Rainbow Dash. Guest voiceover by Weird Al.

February 8 – “Simple Ways”: Rarity has a crush on travel writer, Trenderhoof, and plans to wow him with her ideas for the upcoming Ponyville Days Festival. But Trenderhoof soon has a crush of his own, and Rarity finds herself competing with Applejack for his attention.

February 15 – “Filli Vanilli”: When a member of the singing group, the Ponytones, has to drop out of an important performance, Fluttershy takes drastic measures to ensure that the show goes on.

February 22 – “Twilight Time”: The Cutie Mark Crusaders are thrilled when Twilight offers to help them with their studies. However, problems arise when the girls realize they can use their relationship with Twilight to increase their popularity.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, Friends Forever #1 was released yesterday, and it stars Applejack and Pinkie Pie (these two have had a lot of screentime together recently)! 

The story is a lot of fun, but feels... unfocused. In a very short period of time, Pinkie enters a cooking contest, Applejack accidentally gets dragged into the same contest (replacing the chef who was supposed to be there), a subplot about a poor restaurant owner comes up, prompting Pinkie and Applejack to let her win before changing their minds and deciding not to patronize her, and then... the real chef shows up with a weaponized frosting blaster and tries to freeze everyone in revenge before being defeated by the other contestants and frozen herself. And then the poor restaurant owner wins the 50,000 bit prize, as the comic ends. Okay, Friends Forever #1. Okay.

With that said, I did enjoy this comic. It's funny, the character interactions are nice, and the art - with the exception of the occasional odd facial expression, or the fact that the surprise villain is essentially a Fluttershy recolor - is pretty solid. More than the comic itself, though, I love the concept of Friends Forever; The "friendship" episodes of FiM, which focus on two characters and their interactions (rather than focusing on either all six or one central character) are among my favorites in the entire show, and to see a comic that revolves entirely around these kinds of stories is incredibly promising. Character interaction is, to me, the biggest appeal of this series; So I'm definitely hyped to see what the rest of Friends Forever has to offer!

As always, I'll leave you with a preview panel, along with my usual endorsement of the IDW comics for anyone who isn't on board yet:

ibRWNSh.png

This comic was about a cooking contest.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, you know I'm looking forward to this one.  I'm not big on shipping in any way, but Rarijack is something I've always liked for some reason.

Also:

1.PNG

ALL OF MY BITS.  ALL OF THEM.  ALL. OF. THEM.  Or $16.50.  Whichever.

• Thumbs Up 2

Guys....I think Lauren Faust was telling us something with her previous shows

81d.png

She's the devil in disguise, or her shows are really long-lived?

We got a preview for tomorrow's episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqUi388eFnw

I have high hopes for this episode

Funny, between the hype for the guest star and Discord's song in the coming episodes, I was actually not that excited for Rainbow Falls. But it turned out to be probably my favorite episode so far in season 4, and Derpy's return was just icing on the cake. Bulk Biceps stole the episode though, he sort of reminded me of Terry Crews, can't wait all the crossover Old Spice videos... but I can see that not happening because everyone will be too busy making BulkShy shipping artwork and fanfiction *coughandr34andclopficsohgodnodonotwantcough* . I still say hell naw to BulkShy ships.

I can actually see a probability of MLP going even beyond 6 seasons do to it's enormous popularity but I'm not sure that's a good thing due to season decay and whatnot. Season 4 so far has been astronomically better than Season 3 IMO, but how will 5 and the probable 6 hold up?

I can actually see a probability of MLP going even beyond 6 seasons do to it's enormous popularity but I'm not sure that's a good thing due to season decay and whatnot. Season 4 so far has been astronomically better than Season 3 IMO, but how will 5 and the probable 6 hold up?

Sometimes, I have the same thoughts.

At the end of the day, MLP is just something made to sell the toyline. When G5 will come around, G4 will end. And, as much as I like the show, I'd like for them to not go overboard. 5-6 seasons could be okay, but after that? I'd like a bittersweet goodbye. All good things come to an end. If they don't do that in time, they become an horrible parody of themselves. Just look at the Simpsons.

See, I think FiM is so consistently entertaining that even its worst episodes are still pretty good. Frankly, I like these characters and their interactions so much that I want the show to go on as long as possible, seasonal rot be damned (not that I think that's happening so far; season 4 is my favorite in the whole show as of now).

• Thumbs Up 1

Sometimes, I have the same thoughts.

At the end of the day, MLP is just something made to sell the toyline. When G5 will come around, G4 will end. And, as much as I like the show, I'd like for them to not go overboard. 5-6 seasons could be okay, but after that? I'd like a bittersweet goodbye. All good things come to an end. If they don't do that in time, they become an horrible parody of themselves. Just look at the Simpsons.

That reminded me of a picture I saw

76243_629410003789672_1485575836_n.jpg

Obviously this pic is bullshit, in fact some of the characteristics in 2014's picture have been present since the beginning. I think this was just made by someone who thinks the show turned to shit when Faust left, but it certainly is what might happen if the show goes on for too long. As for G5... considering they make a G5, even if they follow in the footsteps of G4, I doubt it's have the same impact. Maybe a very large one, but not one like this. Hell, they may go back to G3's method for all we know.

See, I think FiM is so consistently entertaining that even its worst episodes are still pretty good. Frankly, I like these characters and their interactions so much that I want the show to go on as long as possible, seasonal rot be damned (not that I think that's happening so far; season 4 is my favorite in the whole show as of now).

Yeah, I was going to add that to my post, but I'm going to quote you, Doc.

Season 4 is actually lightyears from season 3 in terms of quality. Pinkie Apple Pie is probably one of my favourite episodes of the series, alongside Castle-Mania. And, of course, I'm hyped for the up-coming Rarity / AJ episode. IF (and that's a big if, actually) the writers keep going in this direction, I could share your line of thought.

Still, before finishing the series, they must give me an episode solely focused on my favourite characters, maybe with a song thrown in it: Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Twilight.

• Thumbs Up 1

[image]

Yeah, I don't think this is accurate at all. Even back in season one, the characters fluctuated, and were not pigeonholed to one personality trait; Rarity's selfishness, Rainbow Dash's laziness and arrogance, Fluttershy's tendency flip from meek to mad... These character flaws were all there even back then, and I feel it hasn't dramatically changed. I'd actually argue that most differences in characters' personalities can be attributed to character development rather than derailment.

Also, considering he's using terms like "bitch" and "whore" to describe My Little Pony characters (or anyone, for that matter), this is difficult for me to take seriously as a legitimate criticism of the show.

• Thumbs Up 7

Funny, between the hype for the guest star and Discord's song in the coming episodes, I was actually not that excited for Rainbow Falls. But it turned out to be probably my favorite episode so far in season 4, and Derpy's return was just icing on the cake. Bulk Biceps stole the episode though, he sort of reminded me of Terry Crews, can't wait all the crossover Old Spice videos... but I can see that not happening because everyone will be too busy making BulkShy shipping artwork and fanfiction *coughandr34andclopficsohgodnodonotwantcough* . I still say hell naw to BulkShy ships.

Don't worry it has begun 

4cf.png

As for the BulkShy ship. I find it cute as hell for some reason

129.png

• Thumbs Up 7

Bulkshy might be cute... But it's no match or Cheerleader!Twi:

533157__safe_solo_twilight+sparkle_vecto

530136__safe_twilight+sparkle_pinkie+pie

533165__safe_twilight+sparkle_pinkie+pie

Oh wait! Is that Cheerleader coco!? hhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng*ded*

On another note, I really don't know what to expect about the incoming episode. It's such an odd formula...

But I sure as hay want to see is how long will Cadance's breathing exercises last against Discord. :V

Bulkshy might be cute... But it's no match or Cheerleader!Twi:

533157__safe_solo_twilight+sparkle_vecto

530136__safe_twilight+sparkle_pinkie+pie

533165__safe_twilight+sparkle_pinkie+pie

Oh wait! Is that Cheerleader coco!? hhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng*ded*

On another note, I really don't know what to expect about the incoming episode. It's such an odd formula...

But I sure as hay want to see is how long will Cadance's breathing exercises last against Discord. :V

I swear Cheerleader!Twi is something off of this 

lollipop_chainsaw-HD.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

It's time to look back at Three's a Crowd that is now showed for the third time at the Brony Network.

Guess if Discord faked his sickness or not.

So, can we all agree that Discord is fabulous? This song was a blast because of all the fun little visual and verbal gags. Tons of little references, too, especially to Disney.
  • Thumbs Up 4

The new episode was... odd.  The interactions between Twilight, Cadance, and Discord feels off and very one sided (mostly favoring Discord).  That might've been the point, but I really did want an episode where it's just Twilight and Cadance having fun together as a family.  However, the episode was still enjoyable; watching Discord be... well, Discord is still entertaining even if it isn't what I wanted.

Now I think it's safe to say that

It Ain't Easy Being Breezies is a Fluttershy episode, and will take place during this episode, or will be a result of what Fluttershy did off screen during this episode.

Also, I thought it was cute that Flash Sentry got a short cameo in the beginning.

Edit: where the fuck is my sunshine ladybugs dance

Despite it being a filler, I did like this episode. What I liked most was Discord putting Twilight to the test. For the past few episodes, she's been standing around and giving an advice or two, but not really doing much, so I'm glad to see her back in action again even though it was Discord who truly stole the show here.

One things for sure, the writers practically went wild with this episode with all the gags and references in there. I liked Discord's song too. It's one that sounds it would come right out of him too.

Speaking of Discord, I really like how he was handled in this episode, even better than the season 4 premiere episode. Despite being reformed, he does enjoy making things difficult so his chaotic character isn't completely gone. 

I also thought it was pretty smart of them to foreshadow the Breezie's episode with Fluttershy leaving the story,

All in all, this was a fun episode with some great gags and references. Now it's time to start hyping for next's week's episode with Weird Al!

Overall, I enjoyed this episode as well. Always good to see Cadence and Twilight get some more screen time together.

One thing is bugging me though, and that is that this is the 3rd or so time that we've seen Discord come back since he was brought back from being turned to stone. So my question is, why was he resurrected again? Celestia sounded like she had some kind of big reason for doing so, yet all we've seen him do since his revival is occasionally show up and annoy everybody. I hope we get more of a reason to think that Discord is around for a bigger purpose than turning up and messing stuff up because he's bored.

S4 is not over, but this is already the best FiM Season ever. This episode had so many highlights like the long awaited Discord song.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like how despite being reformed, the mane six(sans Fluttershy) still treat Discord like crap.

Friendship is Magic :V

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk