Awoo.

My Little Pony's Justice 2 - Official MLP Thread v2

Sean

The episode was funny but a little rushed towards the end. But nonetheless it was awesome.

Plus that slow mo part where Trenderhoof looks at AJ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDTP8rIT9tA 

Also, Derpy has a colt friend! But it's not Doctor Whooves. 

Goddamit!

• Thumbs Up 3

Absolutely loved "Simple Ways".  Tabitha St. Germain just never ceases to amaze me with her performances in this show and she was all over the place with Rarity here.  And, of course, Applejack was pretty awesome.  Definitely up there with my favorite episodes.

• Thumbs Up 5

My boyfriend wanted me to watch an episode of this stupid show today, so I watched the latest one with him.

I feel I can sum it up in one image:

547064__safe_rarity_edit_spongebob+squar

~Hey Rarity,
You were right! Those jokes were funny. Why don’t ya come on down to the barn for cider and cookies to celebrate.

Love Applejack~

• Thumbs Up 4

Well, this was definitely another solid episode.

Pros:

- Nice to have another solid, slice of life episode.

- Again, nice to see Derpy's subtle inclusion.

- I love how AJ never specifically gets mad at Rarity. She basically just wants to help her see what she's really doing.

- I. fucking. love. the way Spike was written in this. He's been in this place so many times before with Rarity that he's basically grown immune to it. He even tries to help her out as a friend! Not to mention that dead pan look he gives the camera when Rarity's complaining (I died when I saw that). Oh man, this was a great episode for him!... of course AJ and Rarity as well heh...

- I thought Trenderhoof was a pretty cool character.

- The characterization in this episode was pretty spot on.

- Country Rarity (while a huge stereotype to farmers that I'm surprised AJ never gets mad at) was pretty funny. Tabitha really did well in this episode... well, she always does well doesn't she? She did particularly well in this. XD

- I did quite like the message of this one... in fact, season 4 has really been on top of things when it comes to that for me.

- "I love being covered in mud!"

Cons:

- Pinkie's jokes kind of fell flat to me in the few parts she was in.

- The plot was pretty predictable (even when I knew nothing about the episode going into it). Because of this, some parts of it came off as a bit boring.

Have to say I did quite enjoy my time with this episode. It was very solid, well maintained, and was another great slice of life ep. Though, I'd have to say this doesn't rank in my favorites. Not because it was bad (far from it), but mainly because of personal reasons like me not being as big of a fan of AJ or Rarity as I... probably should be. Also, I just don't think the plot was very strong to begin with. Though, even with this and my bias it is definitely another win for season 4 and an episode that I can see myself going back to.

• Thumbs Up 2

Poor rarity seems to have rotten luck when it comes to the ponies she looks up to, doesn't she?

Hmmm. I dunno, this episode just didn't do it for me, really... I can't really put my finger on it, but there was something about this episode that felt a bit awkward.   

Interestingly, this episode does not have as positive reception on the other pony forum I frequent as it does here, .Different strokes I guess.

This episode was too bizarre, I didn't really like it. Rarity got kind of OOC at times and I felt like she was being super mean and condescending when she started going country. Everyone's complained about her being a bitch in the past which I totally disagreed with, but this is the first time I have ever thought that she's come off as being a jerk. To me this episode's tone felt off from most of everything else, in fact I would go so far as to say it was very sexualized and I just found it very off putting.

It wasn't like... a bad episode and it was watchable but there were some parts that either weirded me out or made me feel uncomfortable.

• Thumbs Up 4

I've seriously never laughed so much at an episode (actually to be honest MLP hardly ever makes me actually laugh out loud). Sure there were some weird spots and I can see why this episode might be decisive, but I absolutely loved it. 

Best part was Spike's look towards the camera, who thought such a dumb joke would make me laugh that much. 

Yeah, to be honest, this is the first Season 4 episode I'm kinda "eh" about.

I appreciated it from a comedy standpoint at least (seriously, Tabitha's performance was outstanding), but the second half of the episode is one of the very few times I didn't like Rarity. Yea that was probably the intent--it's not like the episode made it out that she was justified--but it wasn't really handled that well, in my opinion. At least she realized how ridiculous she was being, but it still kinda bugged me how insulting she was. I know she's had her moments of being a bit of a jerk, but that was a bit much.

And like Sean, a few moments made me a bit uncomfortable. I mean, I want to believe AJ's fashion walk was supposed to just be a joke ("see, the tiny cartoon horse is walking like a model, ha!") but...yeah. Eh...

Though that aside, Applejack was as great as ever. She was clearly completely uninterested and even uncomfortable with that Hipster Pone, not that I blamed her since I found him creepy within about three seconds of him appearing on screen and just got worse over time. Rarity going country was done in an insulting kind of way, but that guy got kind of stalker-y by the end of the episode. I guess after the lesson was learned he seemed fine, but whatever. Not really interested in ever seeing him again.

Oh, and Spike was pretty cool in this episode, which was a pleasant surprise since it's not quite what I expected when he started to play a (mostly minor) role in the story. I think he still has feelings for Rarity but they don't really seem to consume him anymore, and that he was willing to help her try and win over Trendy anyways was great. It's almost like you can be friends with someone you're romantically interested in who isn't interested back. Truly a lesson that nobody who watches this show would have to learn, though!

546808__safe_solo_animated_spike_screenc

Seriously, if they had an episode that focuses on Spike coming to terms with just being friends with Rarity and how that's not a bad thing at all I'd be really impressed......and it'd probably make a certain bronies mad, and I think that's very important.

But hey, next week's episode has a title that's a reference to Milli Vanili, that certainly has comedy potential!

I liked this one but I just cannot help but think of the fun some people (namely, r34 artists) are going to have with this episode. Also, Trenderhoof was just a generic douche hipster I did not like. But that would explain a lot of things, namely, both him and FlashSentry are known as "waifu stealers" now. Trenderhoof is a hipster douche and Flash Sentry is a popular pretty boy. The fanbase loves Trenderhoof but hates flash. Hmmm...

I liked this one but I just cannot help but think of the fun some people (namely, r34 artists) are going to have with this episode. Also, Trenderhoof was just a generic douche hipster I did not like. But that would explain a lot of things, namely, both him and FlashSentry are known as "waifu stealers" now. Trenderhoof is a hipster douche and Flash Sentry is a popular pretty boy. The fanbase loves Trenderhoof but hates flash. Hmmm...

That being a hipster doesn't make you better, and that you're just as generic and cliched as the pretty boy but with a slightly different name tag attached onto you?

Equestria Girls 2 are confirmed again.

Q:

Anything at all you can spill about Equestria Girls 2, ostensibly subtitled as "Rainbow Rocks"?

A

: It'll be adorable!

This episode was too bizarre, I didn't really like it. Rarity got kind of OOC at times and I felt like she was being super mean and condescending when she started going country. Everyone's complained about her being a bitch in the past which I totally disagreed with, but this is the first time I have ever thought that she's come off as being a jerk.

I'm annoyed because, having seen no other episode this season, the entire episode seemed to require her to act like the shallow stereotype she initially appeared to be in Season One before they character development'ed her out of it, all in order to "learn" a lesson she already knew.

The episode being a mishmash of glued together Season One plotlines didn't help.

It's funny because I actually liked the lesson, it's just that I don't really think it's one Rarity needed to learn. It's like it had to be her in this episode's plot because...she's the one who has crushes???? Well that and as an excuse for Tabitha to do the accent, but they could've always come up with another scenario for that. :u Why not just use one of the other main characters, I highly doubt Rarity is the only one interested in romance!

I dunno...not at all the worst episode ever, not by a long shot, but the more I think about it, the more I have mixed feelings about it. Shame since I was looking forward to it, and I enjoyed the beginning of the episode...

But that would explain a lot of things, namely, both him and FlashSentry are known as "waifu stealers" now. Trenderhoof is a hipster douche and Flash Sentry is a popular pretty boy. The fanbase loves Trenderhoof but hates flash. Hmmm...

For what it's worth, I'm personally a lot more annoyed by Trenderhoof, lol. Like, Flash was boring more than anything, due to not really being developed. Then again I guess we don't really know the real Trender, either. Hmm.

This episode was too bizarre, I didn't really like it. Rarity got kind of OOC at times and I felt like she was being super mean and condescending when she started going country. Everyone's complained about her being a bitch in the past which I totally disagreed with, but this is the first time I have ever thought that she's come off as being a jerk. To me this episode's tone felt off from most of everything else, in fact I would go so far as to say it was very sexualized and I just found it very off putting.

It wasn't like... a bad episode and it was watchable but there were some parts that either weirded me out or made me feel uncomfortable.

Pretty much my thoughts. I didn't really enjoy it. Like I wanted to stop watching when Rarity was trying to turn it into a southern "hootenanny." Completely out of character and just silly. I don't think they introduce romance into the show very well.

• Thumbs Up 1

For those saying Rarity was out of character here, well... yes. I think that was the entire point of the episode, leading to the lesson that completely changing yourself is a bad thing. It was out of character and awkward for Rarity to act like this, but I feel it was supposed to be.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really blame a lot of the problems in this episode on the fact that it's done by a new writer. It's the downside to shows with multiple writers: not everyone is gonna understand the characters.

I think everyone here is missing the point of the episode.

547593.gif

This entire episode was just build-up for Applejack's runway scene.  Simple Ways is best Applejack episode.

Applejack wearing a great dress aside (my mind is still plagued by the hilariously awful dresses everyone wore during Twilight's coronation), her entire mockery of the high society life was great and sadly accurate considering our insight of Equestria's upper crust makes them out to be horrible ponies who are obsessed with themselves (outside of Fancy Pants).

...Uh..I can kinda see where Sean is coming from; this episode seemed more....risque than others. I'm fine with that shit in fan works, but in official stuff....not so much.

I don't think it was the writers' intention to make the characters come off as sexy (because gross), but I still thought there was quite a bit of sexualization, intentional or not. The scene when Trenderhoof sees AJ for the first time, those "almost kiss" moments between him and Rarity, the entirety of AJ's model scene (including that part where she wiggles her butt ??)... I would have toned it waaaaay down personally, especially since I don't think anyone needs to see Applejack seductively covered in apple sauce.

I don't think it was the writers' intention to make the characters come off as sexy (because gross), but I still thought there was quite a bit of sexualization, intentional or not. The scene when Trenderhoof sees AJ for the first time, those "almost kiss" moments between him and Rarity, the entirety of AJ's model scene (including that part where she wiggles her butt ??)... I would have toned it waaaaay down personally, especially since I don't think anyone needs to see Applejack seductively covered in apple sauce.

You filled my mind with horrible, horrible images. Yeah, I really don't need to see that, thank you.

As funny as Simple Ways was when I first watched it, once I rewatched it, it became SO cringeworthy, it took me many starts and stops just to get through it. SW was no longer funny, but painful to watch.

To look at some pluses:

1. Great music, especially the romantic score.
  2. Finely done animation, for the most part. However, I still find Trenderhoof's snappy walking a little awkward, but that's just me.
  3. AJ's sarcastic accent is hilarious, and so is Rarity's southern voice (at first).
  4. Beside the "have-Spike-haul/push-a-heavy-object" scene, he was treated with respect and wasn't stuck as the flat comic reliever all the time. At the supporting role, he was the levelheaded, mature half of the Spike-Rarity duo, ala Lesson Zero and EQG. More of this and less of the Spikabuse from the likes of RTM or CM-ia, the better.
  5. When Trenderhoof pointed at Derpy and said, "the unappreciated." I don't know what that is aimed at, whether it's her censorship in TLR or the higher-ups for suggesting it, but it gave me some laughs.
  6. This.

img-2285591-1-545758__safe_solo_applejac

How it got passed the censors, I have no idea, but it really pushed the TV-Y rating… Good. >)

But…some things I really don't like.

1. Both Trendy Hipster and Rarity become way too stupid for their own good. Their obsessions turn Trenderhoof into an incompetent oaf and Rarity an inept flanderization. Most of Act 2' and 3's humor, particularly Rarity's swooning, was cringeworthy. There's no need to make characters under huge crushes into idiots who don't know what they're doing and are incapable of doing their JOBS.
  2. The resolution is resolved way too quickly and makes the whole ending anticlimactic.
  3. I won't say Pinkie was flnderized here because she had a reason to be so chirpy, but it was still headache-inducing. She doesn't need to have other ponies shut her up.
  4. Rarity's southern accent was funny at first, but upon second viewing, it got worn out in a hurry and dragged. AJ's accent, walking, and faces, though, are still funny.

In short, blah and meh. Not something I'd rewatch for a while.

• Thumbs Up 5

img-2285591-1-545758__safe_solo_applejac

How it got passed the censors, I have no idea, but it really pushed the TV-Y rating… Good. >)

I honestly never saw this as intentionally suggestive at all. If anything, I always saw it as a joke about how unkempt/uncouth/unsophisticated Applejack is, making it all the funnier that the urbane Trenderhoof keeps fawning over her.

I honestly never saw this as intentionally suggestive at all. If anything, I always saw it as a joke about how unkempt/uncouth/unsophisticated Applejack is, making it all the funnier that the urbane Trenderhoof keeps fawning over her.

The bedroom eyes really are not helping this case. If that was their intention, then they kinda messed up.