Awoo.

My Little Pony's Justice 2 - Official MLP Thread v2

Sean

Hmm, I wonder if I should write a recollection here about how I got into this show and caved into it just last year. Suggestions?

Hmm, I wonder if I should write a recollection here about how I got into this show and caved into it just last year. Suggestions?

I would be interested in reading it, but I don't really have any suggestion, I'm afraid. Just write what you know.

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright then, I'll take off some time eventually to get to documenting it.

Heck, while I'm at it, perhaps I'll describe my experiences with each episode, working up to the present, granted I have yet to see Equestria Girls and the "Crystal Empire" episode of Season 3, but seen everything else.

I have to say that so far almost halfway in, season 4 has been the most consistently great season so far, at least en-par season 1 which was stable for the most part. Season 2 had mare-do well that dragged it down, and season 3 is... Well, season 3, disappointing as a whole. I'm almost worried they'll never be able to surpass pinkie pride.

Also, Not exactly relevant to the show itself but I guess here's as good a place as any to put it.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/02/michael-morones-story-hits-people.html

Turns out Michael Morones' story is making its way around the media slowly. Heck if you just google my little pony, tons of articles of this come up. Basically he was bullied to the point of suicide for being a fan of my little pony, although he was caught in the act and saved before dying but is now in the hospital in a vegetative state. Some speculate that it's just an excuse to get money off the fandom, but honestly, does the reason for the bullying really matter? Being an ass to others is not against the law but that doesn't somehow make it ok to do so. You can victim-blame, you can dismiss it as just another suicide, you can say you have no respect for whoever kills themselves, I've heard them all. The fact is that different people have different coping methods for things like this. Some can just shrug it off, some attack the douchebags head-on, some bottle it up. And when the time comes when you reach a breaking point, some commit suicide like Michael, and some go on mass shootings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fZGNaBJcx0

So I just recently watched Frozen and I have to say "Let It Go" is the best song I've heard through the movie besides every other song. It is by far my favorite. 

So I was curious if they had a MLP parody and I found this one. Her voice is beautiful and I adore the lyrics so much. 

BRB let me just feel this song for a moment

• Thumbs Up 2

On saturday it's Rarity and Applejack's duel.

"Rarity is known around Ponyville for her confidence and class, both of which are lost when Trenderhoof, the world famous travel writer and apple of Rarity's eye, comes to town. So, when Trenderhoof's attention is drawn to Applejack, Rarity does the unexpected and begins to dress and act more like Applejack than herself, which ends up in a muddy mess"

Just watched Pinkie Pride again and, while the episode is great, there is one thing that bothers me, the fact that they never expanded on Pinkie stopping the Goof off because Rainbow Dash wasnt having fun. It just sorta happened and then was never mentioned again :/

I mean to me it seems like a pretty big deal that 1) Pinkie could sense that her friend wasnt having fun and 2) That she stopped the goof off because of it. She never even told anyone that that was why she forfeited, surely that would make her the better Party Pony because she could sense when Rainbow wasnt having fun anymore?

Just seems like they mentioned it and then dropped it when it could have been used

Pinkie Pride was awesome, loved every second of it. They really made use of Weird Al with all those songs, and I'm glad they did because they were great. It was nice how the episode was more of Pinkie episode featuring Weird Al instead of vice versa because I completely expected it to be all about Cheese.

We got a preview for the upcoming episode, Simple Ways. Couldn't find it on YouTube so Tumblr link and thoughts in the spoiler.

http://fuckyeahrarity.tumblr.com/post/75852004854

Excited Rarity is best Rarity. All her mannerisms and the shrine are great. Looking forward to hearing Tabitha voicing Rarity while mimicking AJ.

• Thumbs Up 3

bef.png

I think we probably all figured it out by now. Goddamit Meghan 

Wait, those were actually in there? How did I miss those!?

Here comes a new SImple Ways Preview.

AJ and Rarity opposite.

My god, it's like Freaky Friday. Mind swap fever ahoy!

This episode is going to be great. You just can't fail with Applejack and Rarity. Their interactions just write themselves.

• Thumbs Up 3

Here comes a new SImple Ways Preview.

AJ and Rarity opposite.

So much scenery-chewing, and in only 30 seconds! I'm definitely hyped for Rarity's second focus episode of season 4. This is gonna be good.

• Thumbs Up 2

So much scenery-chewing, and in only 30 seconds! I'm definitely hyped for Rarity's second focus episode of season 4. This is gonna be good.

And it seems you've already found a new avatar, doctor. I thought you would have waited until the episode, but, eh. I knew you were going to choose that face, of all things!

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh, right. MLP issue #16 was released yesterday. I suppose I'd better talk about it now before it gets totally overshadowed by Simple Ways tomorrow.

So, the comic concludes the two-part "bookworm arc," with Twilight, Rarity, Pinkie, and Rainbow Dash trapped in an empty void and start blaming each other for their predicament. Fortunately, they make up relatively quickly, and devise a plan to lure the bookworm back (and return to their world) by making up a new story on the fly, which involves everything from mountains of power to zombies to spaceships to film noir. It's an eclectic story, to say the least.

Meanwhile, back in Equestria, the villains of the storybooks are running amok and taking over the town. They soon capture Applejack, Fluttershy, and Spike - but out heroes hatch a plan to warn their friends of what's going on by quickly writing their own comic book and placing it on the shelf. This works, and the leads to a confrontation with the bookworm, who explains that he's simply angry that he can't relate to any of the stories due to none of them having bookworm protagonists. Once they give him one, he apologizes, sets things right, and poofs the villains back into their stories.

Overall, this two-parter was fun, and definitely had tons of great jokes... however, I do feel that it's a bit weaker as a story than the pirate arc before it. The idea of fictional villains unleashed into the real world has a lot of potential, but I feel they squandered it by not having them actually do much. The resolution itself wasn't really hinted at beforehand, and seems to kind of come out nowhere too. 

Still, the characterization's as great as always, and while it had its problems, I wasn't disappointed overall. Get issues 15 and 16 if you haven't already!

Next issue is apparently about Starswirl the Bearded. That has some potential to be interesting...

"Ms. Applejack, you're trying to seduce me................. aren't you?"

545760__safe_solo_applejack_animated_smi

545758__safe_solo_applejack_smile_bedroo

ohmy.png

After seeing only a handful of animated gifs and the YouTube preview I can already tell this is going to end up being my favorite episode in the series.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm actually hoping for Big Mac to have big role in this as being very protective for his sister whenever Trenderhoof tries to hit on her or something. But sadly might not happen. 

"Simple Ways" is Rarity's second (and Applejack's third) focus episode of the season, and while it doesn't quite live up to "Rarity Takes Manehattan," it's still tons of fun.

First, this is one of the funniest episodes since... well, the previous episode! Rarity's hackneyed attempts at "simple country livin'" made me laugh harder than I've laughed in a long time. Major props to Tabitha St. Germain's voice work here; The way Rarity slips in and out of her country accent was a nice touch as well. Applejack is no slouch when it comes to comedy either, though in her case it's simply dry wit in reaction to Rarity's and Trenderhoof's over-the-top antics. 

Ever since "Look Before You Sleep," I've really enjoyed Rarity's and Applejack's friendship, and this episode does not disappoint. The interaction between the two friends is both hilarious and heartwarming, as Applejack goes from irritated to aghast to genuinely concerned for Rarity's well-being. As Rarity said, Applejack knows Rarity, and as a close friend, may know her better than she knows herself. I love that, and I think of just how far the two of them have come since their first time co-starring in an episode together. 

The lesson is good, and one that applies to all kinds of relationships, not just romantic ones. If you have to fundamentally change who you are to get someone to like you, then it's not worth it. Be yourself, and accept that some people just won't be into you, and that's okay.

Trenderhoof himself is, interestingly, just as guilty of not being true to himself as Rarity. I found that to be a nice way to wrap up the episode, as Rarity not only learns a lesson, but helps another character learn it as well. Rarity accepting herself for who she is, and moving on from her crush on Trenderhoof, was a great moment of growth for her.

Minor note: I was very pleased at Pinkie's portrayal here as well. While she wanted to host the event, she took the results very well, showing that last week's lesson in "Pinkie Pride" really resonated with her!

Anyway, "Simple Ways" is every bit as great as I expected it to be. I'm still grinning from ear to ear as I type this, and as a Rarity fan, my day has been made. Go watch it if you haven't yet!

• Thumbs Up 6

It was a pretty great episode throughout.  The best part was easily near the end where Applejack decided to play Rarity at her own game to show her how silly she's been.  It was pretty awkward to see Rarity try the more "simple" life (her own interpretation of it anyways), she just isn't very good at it, which makes sense because she doesn't have much experience with living on a farm.  However, I feel Applejack trounced Rarity; she played the part of the "high society" pony pretty well and that also makes sense because Applejack actually lived that life before (even if it only was for a short time as a filly).  It's out of character for Applejack to act like that, sure, but she acted the part well, at least, better than Rarity (also it seems Applejack actually does have a bit of an eye for fashion, assuming she was the one who picked out that specific dress from Rarity's large line of clothes and managed to style her mane like that on top of it).

That being said, I need an Apple Jewel avatar/signature combo asap.

• Thumbs Up 3

The whole episode felt like a romantic comedy movie albeit a not so great one. Of course, it’ll be hard to top the Weird Al antics from last episode. 

The things I liked were Bulk Biceps, the Rarity dramatics/antics were amusing but also cringe worthy at times that it became slightly embarrassing to watch even the fake accent at one point became kinda grating to me, Spike (felt sorry for the little dude) and the whole AJ and Rarity personality switch-off near the end which again reminded me of the ending to the Spongebob episode Big Pink Loser. 

As for Trenderhoof, I feel…rather indifferent of him. He didn’t strike me as interesting and was pretty much there to provide the plot/conflict, but at least, he has character more so than Brad. I don’t know why, but I actually want him to be a bit of jerk to Rarity and say mean things to her so Spike could toast his flank and defend her ‘honor’ so Rarity can be more appreciative towards him and that Spike will be less of a slave/pack mule because of it (though of course he’ll probably do anything for her regardless). 

Again, I was hoping Big Mac would get a bigger role in this as the (over) protective big brother and intervenes whenever Trenderhoof gets too close for AJ’s comfort. At least, it’ll give Mac a bit more character since Pinkie Apple Pie so it’s a missed opportunity here and something I would have really liked to see. 

You’d think Rarity would have learned much about (delusional) crushes and some love reality ever since the whole Gala incident from Blueblood. Even though Trenderhoof wasn’t as jerky, she could see that he wasn’t interested in her but to AJ and should try to move on. Not to mention trying a bit too hard to impress him even though it was part of the fun, but again felt cringe worthy at points because of it. What also kinda hurts the episode is that there was an over reliance of gags from Rarity, I suppose, as it didn't hold up as well as in other episodes starring her like Suited for Success or even Sweet and Elite. As for AJ, for being the element of honesty, you would have expected her to ask him politely to back off and say she isn’t interested in him whenever he’d gotten too close and stalking her. The ending felt rushed as well. 

The episode overall felt meh and pretty weak. It definitely isn't one of Rarity's stronger outings.

Even though this episode started off slow, it picked up later on and right up there with Castle-Mania, this was one of the funniest episodes. I had to pause the video for a moment when Rarity started acting like Applejack because I was laughing so hard. Meghan did say there was an episode that broke Tabitha, and this appears to be the one. Both her and Applejack's VA was in their top forms. I really liked how Applejack started acting like Rarity to show her the errors of her ways. The lesson was well executed too.

I'm actually surprised Spike didn't act all jealous when Rarity had that crush since he has a crush on Rarity.
  • Thumbs Up 2