Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

54 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Wait, there is going to be plush version of a Baby Sonic? Does that confirmed that there will be a younger version of Sonic appearing in the movie?

Rumors spoke of Sonic being raised on Earth. By an owl, too... old man owl confirmed

Toys were inevitable. It still bothers me that they're going full throttle on the Dr Robotnik name, which hasn't been Eggman's name in nearly 20 years (nor was it ever if you're Japanese). Why now?

Edited by Polkadi~♪
20 years, not 10...
  • Chuckle 2

3 minutes ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

Rumors spoke of Sonic being raised on Earth. By an owl, too... old man owl confirmed

Toys were inevitable. It still bothers me that they're going full throttle on the Dr Robotnik name, which hasn't been Eggman's name in nearly 10 years (nor was it ever if you're Japanese). Why now?

Because this is a movie about a talking hedgehog. Gotta make sure it's taken seriously.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Chuckle 1

8 minutes ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

That would be kind of interesting actually, since, iirc, there's some early Western material (Stay Sonic I think?) that states Sonic was raised by an owl named Sophocles.

why the fuck do i know this shit what am i doing with my life holy fuck

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1

I don't even hate baby forms of characters, but er... uh... I really don't want to see that monstrosity as a baby lmao.

I also actually wouldn't mind the whole Sonic being raised by an owl thing, because at least that seems to focus the movie on the woodland critters that Sonic protects as opposed to leaving them as an afterthought.  In theory, anyway.

• Thumbs Up 9

9 minutes ago, Heckboy said:

That would be kind of interesting actually, since, iirc, there's some early Western material (Stay Sonic I think?) that states Sonic was raised by an owl named Sophocles.

You know, now that you've mentioned the Sonic Bible, seeing that puts a lot of things in this movie into perspective. Father killed long ago (homeland destroyed being the substitute), living off of trash, raised from the wildlife... Even the Kintobor part is implied here. Makes it strange to see the similarities between the two, when the Sonic Bible has been out of commission for a decade and a half.

Again, why now?

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

You know, now that you've mentioned the Sonic Bible, seeing that puts a lot of things in this movie into perspective. Father killed long ago (homeland destroyed being the substitute), living off of trash, raised from the wildlife... Even the Kintobor part is implied here. Makes it strange to see the similarities between the two, when the Sonic Bible has been out of commission for a decade and a half.

Again, why now?

Oh wow, really? Dr. Ivo Kintobor? Interesting.

This bodes well for comic inspiration 

I'd honestly love if they adapted the old Sonic Bible stuff. Full Kintobor origin and everything.

I'm excited to buy some merch for the movie. :D Gonna probably buy my niece the Baby Sonic plush. Already bought her tons of Sonic stuff lol

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Heckboy said:

I'd honestly love if they adapted the old Sonic Bible stuff. Full Kintobor origin and everything.

It's the perfect place for it, really.

So this movie seems to be going back to the Sonic Bible/Sonic 1 vibe. Man vs. Nature and all that. I wonder if Badniks will be in the movie. Sonic being among the animals makes sense that he would have a personal stake in what Robotnik is doing 

Had it been 3D and aimed at strictly gamers they probably would have stuck with eggman. Being as they want to appeal to both kids and adults and those not familar they probably went with robotnik to ease some people into the series before having this serious villian named eggman. He may not be fat is why to?

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

Again, why now?

Scavenging in the movie vs eating trash in the Sonic Bible (Had to say that part)

21 hours ago, Diogenes said:

The url drops the decimal in "8.5 inch" and so I imagined an 85 inch baby Sonic and almost screamed.

Yes, hello.  I'd like to order a 7 foot 1 inch Baby Sonic plush.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Had it been 3D and aimed at strictly gamers they probably would have stuck with eggman. Being as they want to appeal to both kids and adults and those not familar they probably went with robotnik to ease some people into the series before having this serious villian named eggman. He may not be fat is why to?

Kids know Eggman as Eggman, because that's the only thing that Sonic media these days call him. He's been Eggman for nearly two decades in the west. Everything he makes has a general 'egg' theme to it. I, a fan in the teenage demographic, even grew up knowing him as Eggman (before I started checking out old western Sonic material, but even then still called him Eggman).

Changing that suddenly for the movie, while still having everything else call him Eggman creates this sudden confusion, especially for new fans coming in from the movie. They'd come out from a movie calling him Dr Robotnik over and over, to hop online and be slapped in the face with the revelation that he has always been Eggman since the start.

8 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Scavenging in the movie vs eating trash in the Sonic Bible (Had to say that part)

Both are basically the same when you think of how one would get fed.

• Thumbs Up 5

9 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

So if given what my source said is true (And he does have direct connections)...  this movie could get, um, interesting.  He did say the PG-13 rating was the one that the full movie should get... so... Yeah.

Yes, hello.  I'd like to order a 7 foot 1 inch Baby Sonic plush.

Anything else your source said? Also this isn't the Reddit guy I'm assuming.

I could easily imagine a MOS type scene where a baby Sonic is sent to Earth to escape the Great War that has decimated Mobius. 

55 minutes ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

Toys were inevitable.

Well some were.  It seems to me that if they intended to make a lot of money selling toys, they should have included more Sonic characters in this movie.  For all that the Bayformers films get a lot of crap, even they remembered that Transformers is about highly marketable toy robots.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

So if given what my source said is true (And he does have direct connections)...  this movie could get, um, interesting.  He did say the PG-13 rating was the one that the full movie should get... so... Yeah.

The Redditor from last week also mentioned a Baby Sonic and said the film leans more on PG and is family friendly.

21 hours ago, Myst said:

The Redditor from last week.also mentioned a Baby Sonic and said the film leans more on PG and is family friendly.

1 minute ago, tailsBOOM! said:
  Hide contents

According to the source, they had two test versions.  Which is why the leaker can't be in legal trouble.  

Hm. What exactly do you mean by 'interesting'?

1 minute ago, Myst said:

The Redditor from last week.also mentioned a Baby Sonic and said the film leans more on PG and is family friendly.

Not that I mind this, but if their goal is to cater to as many people as possible, why is this movie so half-assed with things that both fans and children would want to see?  I know this horse has been dead for months, but I seriously don't know what the plan is with this film.  Short of a very small allotment of funds and low faith in its ability to make a lot of money back through merchandising and fanservice, very little explains how askew this film's priorities seem to be.

• Thumbs Up 3

21 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

Anything else your source said? Also this isn't the Reddit guy I'm assuming.

I could easily imagine a MOS type scene where a baby Sonic is sent to Earth to escape the Great War that has decimated Mobius. 

We'll see

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, tailsBOOM! said:

Here's everything.  I posted it in several status updates:

Hide contents

The story he told was a little messed up.  For the most part, it was (For better or worse) true.

Tiki has a bigger role, as some stuff was left out of the test screening. (I'm seeing now that I might of misread the name?  Who knows)

This movie is PG-13, the leaker on Reddit saw the PG version of it)

Both versions are apparently being screened (Caught me off guard)

PG-13 screening has far more content

They're both being unanimously well received.

He said that the crewmember said he wouldn't believe any movie reports coming from DreamCastGuy (Regarding Gangster's Paradise), though he isn't 100 percent sure as that's not his position.

There is going to most (If not all of what that guy said) plus some stuff that the crew member is keeping close to his chest.  We'll have to see what that means (It may have been said but the screenshots didn't show if it did).

Uhhh interesting. So

How do I use Spoiler tags? Is this considered a Spoiler?