Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

On 9/24/2018 at 7:23 PM, CaptainRobo said:

I guess were getting some new lore about Green Hill Zone.  What a huge departure from what everyone is familiar with but I guess this confirms the movie really is its own thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Disappointed we haven't seen a single totem pole on set. I understand they can't use loop de loops and be believeable, but a few totem poles scattered across the town could be considered 'decorative' and a nice reference to the original stage.

It seems like Green Hill, but in name only. They're not really trying to cleverly throw in little Easter Eggs referencing elements from the stage, they're just using the name and that's it.

For example, the businesses. Why not have a bar called the 'Star Light' lounge? 

They need to incorporate music from the games in this somehow too. And no I don't mean just a 30 second sample of 'Green Hill Zone' during the final battle and that's it. I wanna hear Chemical Plant, Star Light, Death Egg Robot (even if the Death Egg Robot isn't used in the movie, the music should play during the final battle)

• Thumbs Up 4

So, GHZ is in Montana, now? I wonder if the rest of the background info given on the plaque will be relevant to the story or if it’s just a bunch of nice worldbuilding like in Unleashed? 

6 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

Ben Schwartz was doing facial mocap for Sonic. Which suggests his face may be a little more expressive than we're used to

I love when cast just hangs out and actors have fun with each other. It's really warming! And I experienced it with some tv shows filming as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

So.. Is nobody gonna talk about what a human face being mapped to Sonic's facial expressions may mean for his design?

Not really. Mocap is used for non-human characters all the time. Rocket Raccoon is mocapped.

1 hour ago, Flyinpenguin117 said:

Not really. Mocap is used for non-human characters all the time. Rocket Raccoon is mocapped.

Full body motion capture. Facial Mocap is an entirely different thing. Sonic's face is mapped to the actor and usually when that is the case, the face of the character is synced with whoever is wearing the tracking dots. Look at Hulk, Thanos, Doomsday, Steppenwolf, Bay Turtles, Ultron etc. They were all given humanoid faces to better implement the actor's performance into the character.

ninja_a.jpg

avengers-age-of-ultron-2015-1513016035.j

Notice how Bradley Cooper is NOT wearing tracking dots when he's doing the performance for Rocket? 

maxresdefault.jpg

Just sayin... Don't be surprised if we end up getting a face closer to this

4n3tuqkdi1511.jpg 

Really interested to see what we end up getting in this movie. 

• Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

NYC/Station Square is definitely where the big final battle will take place 

I always thought that since Station Square had palm trees and is near a tropical location that it was LA.

Thanks! Since the movie will set in San Francisco, I imagined Sonic speeding through the Golden Gate Bridge, while the CHP try to catch him. So, I ended up making this. 

I'm not sure why they are filming in NYC for? Maybe using the city as an stand in for SF? Or maybe an scene where Tom, Tika, and Sonic somehow accidentally ended up in NYC?

Anyway, I'm starting to think that Sonic's friends might not appear in the movie. That's an shame. Maybe they will appear in the end? I don't know. I guess we will have to wait and see.

• Too Many Rings 1

4 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Thanks! Since the movie will set in San Francisco, I imagined Sonic speeding through the Golden Gate Bridge, while the CHP try to catch him. So, I ended up making this. 

I'm not sure why they are filming in NYC for? Maybe using the city as an stand in for SF? Or maybe an scene where Tom, Tika, and Sonic somehow accidentally ended up in NYC?

Anyway, I'm starting to think that Sonic's friends might not appear in the movie. That's an shame. Maybe they will appear in the end? I don't know. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Oh I hope we get a glimpse of Tails and Knuckles. 

23 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

What has this got to do with the movie?

I think he is using this video to imagine how Sonic and his friends would look like on the live action scenes. 

BTW, here is an new filming notice. Nothing much, just filming for an small scene. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Way Past Cool 1