Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

1 hour ago, Alexios31 said:

Have you seen any fan art that you could pass along so I could have any idea of what you mean exactly?

Yes, something like this:

945e04645979b01f0f18a188be62384f861a62e0

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, PeterPancake said:

To be honest, if done well it's gonna looks real and blend well in real-life. 

The fur just like Sonic Fan Film except that no fur on his arms and belly which is good.

9 minutes ago, SmezMorePrakezz said:

To be honest, if done well it's gonna looks real and blend well in real-life. 

The fur just like Sonic Fan Film except that no fur on his arms and belly which is good.

Sonic fan film?

24 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

Sonic fan film?

He meant this one.:

In case you don’t know, the Angry Video Game Nerd and the Nostalgia Critic Guy made an appearance in this. It’s awful according to many people that I hear from, but, I can guaranteed that the movie will be much better than this.

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

I can guaranteed that the movie will be much better than this.

We trust the team by far. Just hope his design will not go too off-model to its game counterparts.

-----

What would happen if the design was too off-model?

-Obviously, fans will go bananas and there will be a protest happen in front of Paramount headquarter.
-If done wrong, not only it will not blends, it will make the whole movie looks funny.
-It will be the biggest, greatest, and most powerful ammo for people to bash Sonic all over again.
-Generic people will go..."Who the hell is this guy, he doesn't look like Sonic at all!"

-----

What would happen if the design was close to the game counterparts?

-Fans will happy.......half of them. Why? It depends on which Sonic is based on, Classic or Modern.
-If done right, it will look spectacular. (I f   d o n e   r i g h t . . . Because cartoon character is quite challenging to throw in the real-life footage.)
-It will draw more people into watching in theaters because most of the people will recognize him, Sonic is one of the biggest gaming icons alongside Mario.

But it depends on how to story goes, a first teaser or trailer can be either light of glory...or a nail in the coffin.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, SmezMorePrakezz said:

We trust the team by far. Just hope his design will not go too off-model to its game counterparts.

-----

What would happen if the design was too off-model?

-Obviously, fans will go bananas and there will be a protest happen in front of Paramount headquarter.
-If done wrong, not only it will not blends, it will make the whole movie looks funny.
-It will be the biggest, greatest, and most powerful ammo for people to bash Sonic all over again.
-Generic people will go..."Who the hell is this guy, he doesn't look like Sonic at all!"

-----

What would happen if the design was close to the game counterparts?

-Fans will happy.......half of them. Why? It depends on which Sonic is based on, Classic or Modern.
-If done right, it will look spectacular. (I f   d o n e   r i g h t . . . Because cartoon character is quite challenging to throw in the real-life footage.)
-It will draw more people into watching in theaters because most of the people will recognize him, Sonic is one of the biggest gaming icons alongside Mario.

But it depends on how to story goes, a first teaser or trailer can be either light of glory...or a nail in the coffin.

I know, I’m aware of the criticism. Even the movie is bad, at least it’s will be an fun movie to watch.

You know, I could see Progressive making an commercial with Sonic in it again to promote the movie.:

Also, I like the picture you made. Nice effort to make this look real. Good job!!!

52471xjnb7o11.png

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Also, I like the picture you made. Nice effort to make this look real. Good job!!!

52471xjnb7o11.png

They're all too green after I pay attention. I must be worried about ambient occlusion too much. but Thank you :-)

2 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

I know, I’m aware of the criticism. Even the movie is bad, at least it’s will be an fun movie to watch.

Yes. I'd watch day 1 and get 4K version if it's available on the shelf. 

But here's the thing, one side of the spectrum, while Sonic won't look radically different in terms of design attributes, he also won't look like a cartoon - poorly blending into a real life environment like that above image and that Progressive Commercial. The reason why I use that drawing of Sonic specifically is because what Patrick said about it in reference to what he said about Sonic having a more realistic design. "Still Sonic but looking more like a real animal that could actually exist in the real world" 

Or At least make some sort of biological sense from what we know about anatomy.

Also, I don't get why some fans hated the Eddie Lebron look. It was basically just the modern design with realistic textures and it still looked extremely cartoony because the CG quality was poor. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Nosing in on the set photo tweets from the last few days, I came up with my own little synopsis based on what I've seen.

I think Sonic's going to come into town, perhaps in the middle of a scuffle with Eggman, full on City Escape-ing, running recklessly and bumping into all the cars. Then, instead of GUN, he literally gets into trouble with the local police for the damage, especially because of the classic car show. Everyone in Green Hills loves their cars. But then Eggman is actually here to ruin everything, and Tom the Cop and Sonic the Hedgehog are forced to reluctantly team up to save the day.

Probably totally wrong, but the idea of a movie that starts off centred on the the harsh reality of Sonic's dismissal of cars amuses me XD

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

This is how I imagine Sonic will look like in the movie.

• Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

Do you all think we will get merchandise based on the movie?

Possible. Maybe, the movie could get some promotional partners like Sonic Drive In and Progressive. Maybe Toyota could join in. I do remember there was an Tacoma which appear to be the latest generation that was spotted on set. 

3F622E8F-C6F3-4039-A136-D1F86322A298.thumb.jpeg.d297cb991e5903b34cb90e8e405996b0.jpeg

26 minutes ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

This is how I imagine Sonic will look like in the movie.

I expect Sonic to look not too much different. He will probably look the same, but with some realistic fur to fit in.:

D86EC98D-52AB-483F-980F-18308C724A38.thumb.jpeg.b4ee1594dbfa763d3eb0226d91995f2b.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 3

27 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Possible. Maybe, the movie could get some promotional partners like Sonic Drive In and Progressive. Maybe Toyota could join in. I do remember there was an Tacoma which appear to be the latest generation that was spotted on set. 

3F622E8F-C6F3-4039-A136-D1F86322A298.thumb.jpeg.d297cb991e5903b34cb90e8e405996b0.jpeg

I expect Sonic to look not too much different. He will probably look the same, but with some realistic fur to fit in.:

D86EC98D-52AB-483F-980F-18308C724A38.thumb.jpeg.b4ee1594dbfa763d3eb0226d91995f2b.jpeg

That doesn't make him fit in. That model still looks like a cartoon, there is nothing real about it - whereas the one I posted looks like a real creature that could believably exist alongside human beings. 

Also, we're definitely going to get merch and tie-in ads. We'll find out soon who is sponsoring the movie.

TOMY is probably going to make the storyline for the movie 

1 minute ago, CaptainRobo said:

You mean something like this?

6677FB8C-3B4E-4B29-B6DA-0C309C8FA54A.thumb.jpeg.ca1d1125fe5b1d06c32c4867bb012a59.jpeg

Yup, exactly that. They'll probably make a line of figures for the movie. Hopefully we get a figure of movie Sonic like that 6 inch Collector's edition Classic they came out with. I love that figure. 

Wouldn't be surprised if IDW makes a prelude comic as well to tie into the movie.

• Thumbs Up 2

I could see an Sonic Drive-In commercial something similar like this. Maybe we could see Sonic messing with the car guys and eating chili dogs.:

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

I could see an Sonic Drive-In commercial something similar like this. Maybe we could see Sonic messing with the car guys and eating chili dogs.:

That could work!

Since USPS is doing product advertisement for the movie, I could see a commercial like this with Sonic

Sonic moving super fast and delivering a package.

"Only one service can deliver your packages on time/as fast as Sonic..."

Something like thatb

• Thumbs Up 4

40 minutes ago, Rabid-Coot said:

If there's merchandise there's a good chance our first look at movie Sonic will be from a toy fair.

Yes, definitely expecting our first look late January - February. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Alexios31 said:

Yes, definitely expecting our first look late January - February. 

I completely forgot about that as TOMY did reveal some stuff from Sonic Boom Season 2 (in toy form) as well as revealing toys for Team Sonic Racing at the New York Toy Fair (before the game was even announced) for the past 2-years.

So it's likely the same this time around for the Sonic movie. That is if TOMY is involved this time around. Also come to think of it New York Toy Fair also was where the Indoraptor from Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom was revealed in toy form (earlier this year).

45 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I completely forgot about that as TOMY did reveal some stuff from Sonic Boom Season 2 (in toy form) as well as revealing toys for Team Sonic Racing at the New York Toy Fair (before the game was even announced) for the past 2-years.

So it's likely the same this time around for the Sonic movie. That is if TOMY is involved this time around. Also come to think of it New York Toy Fair also was where the Indoraptor from Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom was revealed in toy form (earlier this year).

Yeah plenty of reveals happen at Toy Fair.

• Thumbs Up 3