Awoo.

Xbox One Discussion

Remy

I haven't laughed this hard in a very long time. Thanks, Microsoft. I needed a laugh.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's a little disappointing, doesn't seems to be a bad console at all however.

Its still a powerful console, more than enough for a jump to a new generation, I mean, this was confirmed to be 1080p @ 60 fps.

93d4dbae-f75c-4474-8e7b-0227bd818493.jpg

ba3d078c-b77b-40d5-94fa-3a3021fde440.jpg

32f83faf-3ed1-4c5d-83a7-c10ce865f110.jpg

looks great.

even with all the negativity I believe this thing will sell like crazy in the US, they seem to have hit all the "right" spots for the casuals, while still delivering a powerful truly nextgen console (unlike the Wii U, nothing against btw).

they have the casual appeal for people who wants more than a gaming machine, (twitter, TV, sports, etc...)

They secured the DudeBro casual shooter gamer, with a great online infrastructure and better graphics.

and they do have a powerful machine for hardcore games, and lot's of games to announce, PLUS the support ot the third parties.

there is a meme where we say that GAF is aways wrong in their predictions, we are not that enthusiastic about it, but being optimistic the Xbox One seems very well tailored to their specific market.

I don't see this thing flopping, not at all.

Edited by Anti Alias

Which is depressing, since gaming seems less and less about the actual games each day.

Thank god for the PS4 and Wii-U.

• Thumbs Up 4

Which is depressing, since gaming seems less and less about the actual games each day.

It still will play games.

unless you don't want to.

This reveal was disappointing because we were expecting a game reveal, but they were very upfront about it, it's a two day story, today was the reveal of  the console and it's features, the games will be shown at E3.

this same thing will play 1080p games with the latest graphic technology available in the industry, in two years, we will be playing games in these very boxes that will blow away Crysis 3 and BF4.

in one or two years we will probably be playing a 1080p 60fps Sonic game with cinematic pixar like graphics in this very box.

stuff that impressed us this gen like Uncharted, Crysis, Halo and such will look more mind-blowing than ever before.

it's a new generation guys, with tons of games to come, who ever said there would be no games? the reveal was disappointing doesn't means the console will be or that the games will be too.

Edited by Anti Alias
  • Thumbs Up 2

I think you overestimate how much better games are going to actually look on this, and they certainly won't be running at 60 FPS and looking as good as you want at the same time.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

sooo...why is it called Xbox One? Surely there's some kind of philosophy behind it right? Did they mention that at all?

Wow. I didn't expect this console to hit all the ticks on the list of how badly Microsoft could screw this up. Now I'm actually glad that I had to sleep through the whole reveal.

I'm sorry, this isn't truly 'next-gen'. This is an anti-consumer fratboy box. I'm sticking with my PC and Wii U, thank you very much.

• Thumbs Up 4

Wow. I didn't expect this console to hit all the ticks on the list of how badly Microsoft could screw this up. Now I'm actually glad that I had to sleep through the whole reveal.

I'm sorry, this isn't truly 'next-gen'. This is an anti-consumer fratboy box. I'm sticking with my PC and Wii U, thank you very much.

Don't forget PS4?

In all seriousness, the name Xbox One is probably meant to emphasize individuality like the Wii U is supposed to do.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think you overestimate how much better games are going to actually look on this, and they certainly won't be running at 60 FPS and looking as good as you want at the same time.

no, of course not all games will be at 60 fps.

but they will look insanely good.

like, they are supposed to look good by 2019/2020 standards.

this never failed, EVER.

It's a little disappointing, doesn't seems to be a bad console at all however.

Its still a powerful console, more than enough for a jump to a new generation, I mean, this was confirmed to be 1080p @ 60 fps.

93d4dbae-f75c-4474-8e7b-0227bd818493.jpg

ba3d078c-b77b-40d5-94fa-3a3021fde440.jpg

32f83faf-3ed1-4c5d-83a7-c10ce865f110.jpg

looks great.

even with all the negativity I believe this thing will sell like crazy in the US, they seem to have hit all the "right" spots for the casuals, while still delivering a powerful truly nextgen console (unlike the Wii U, nothing against btw).

they have the casual appeal for people who wants more than a gaming machine, (twitter, TV, sports, etc...)

They secured the DudeBro casual shooter gamer, with a great online infrastructure and better graphics.

and they do have a powerful machine for hardcore games, and lot's of games to announce, PLUS the support ot the third parties.

there is a meme where we say that GAF is aways wrong in their predictions, we are not that enthusiastic about it, but being optimistic the Xbox One seems very well tailored to their specific market.

I don't see this thing flopping, not at all.

It still will play games.

unless you don't want to.

This reveal was disappointing because we were expecting a game reveal, but they were very upfront about it, it's a two day story, today was the reveal of  the console and it's features, the games will be shown at E3.

this same thing will play 1080p games with the latest graphic technology available in the industry, in two years, we will be playing games in these very boxes that will blow away Crysis 3 and BF4.

in one or two years we will probably be playing a 1080p 60fps Sonic game with cinematic pixar like graphics in this very box.

stuff that impressed us this gen like Uncharted, Crysis, Halo and such will look more mind-blowing than ever before.

it's a new generation guys, with tons of games to come, who ever said there would be no games? the reveal was disappointing doesn't means the console will be or that the games will be too.

The problem is that the PS4 also does most of those things. Games at 1080p and all that. And, while not entirely bullshit free and with a few nervously bullshit-smelling ideas that they've been vague about answering, is at least not so full of bullshit that Sony thinks they can shut down an entire market or shut off your system if you don't log in every day; or that people will welcome it in open arms completely ignoring that because they've got timed DLC for their dudebro titles.

And the United States isn't the only market. Microsoft might as well not even put the thing on the Japanese market based on what they showed off today; and half the stuff they talked about was irrelevant for people in Europe.

• Thumbs Up 3

And the United States isn't the only market.

Well for Microsoft....

So overall I guess I'm disappointed about this console for a number of reasons:

Graphically it doesn't look like it will update all that much. It apparently might not even rival the power of the WiiU.

The focus is less on gaming and more on American television and Sports, which is disappointing.

The always online and used games shit is all over the place in news at the moment,and if any of that is true the. There's that.

I mean, with all those reasons, why exactly should I not think low of this system? What is there that would make me look over all that. It just to me seems like a underwhelming dumb system.

Edited by Aqua

I don't like all the anti-consumer bullshit MS is trowing at their console, but being honest, I don't see it being an obstacle at all.

some people (arguably most people) just wants to play CoD, Fifa and Halo, some people (arguably most people) wants to watch Netflix, do skype calls and send tweets, Microsoft is showing a console that is eight times more powerful that their last one that can do all that stuff, the drawbacks are very relatively small for that public.

and there is also the possibility of X1 being cheaper than the PS4, like, 100 dollars cheaper. (it could be more expensive too, just speculating), how would that turn on things?

there are a lot of details that are missing, but at a pure market standpoint, MS did their job, this box is mainstream and good at it, while still having a great potential for the hardcore.

• Thumbs Up 1

Has this been posted yet? Phil Harrison trying to clarify things again:

"So, think about how you use a disc that you own of an Xbox 360 game," he began. "If I buy the disc from a store, I use that disc in my machine, I can give that disc to my son and he can play it on his 360 in his room. We both can't play at the same time, but the disc is the key to playing. I can go round to your house and give you that disc and you can play on that game as well.

"What we're doing with the digital permissions that we have for Xbox One is no different to that. If I am playing on that disc, which is installed to the hard drive on my Xbox One, everybody in my household who has permission to use my Xbox One can use that piece of content. [so] I can give that piece of content to my son and he can play it on the same system."

Harrison then explained what happens when you want to take that game beyond the borders of your own home and into a friend's place.

"I can come to your house and I can put the disc into your machine and I can sign in as me and we can play the game," he explained.

"The bits are on your hard drive. At the end of the play session, when I take my disc home - or even if I leave it with you - if you want to continue to play that game [on your profile] then you have to pay for it. The bits are already on your hard drive, so it's just a question of going to our [online] store and buying the game, and then it's instantly available to play.

"The bits that are on the disc, I can give to anybody else, but if we both want to play it at the same time, we both have to own it. That's no different to how discs operate today."

That makes the issue of game ownership a lot clearer than it has been at any point so far. Once you install a game, it is tied to your Xbox login, and in this way Microsoft can avoid scenarios where you buy a game, install it, then just give the disc to all your friends so they can install and play it without paying for it.

The next issue is what happens when you finish with a game and want either to trade it in at a store or sell it on in another way.

"We will have a system where you can take that digital content and trade a previously played game at a retail store," Harrison said. "We're not announcing the details of that today, but we will have announced in due course."

Harrison would not be drawn on how this worked, even as I suggested various scenarios. For example, I asked whether you would need to pay for the second-hand disc at a store and then pay a fee to Microsoft when you got home, a bit like an Online Pass. Harrison wouldn't be drawn.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-22-phil-harrison-tries-again-to-clarify-game-ownership-second-hand-sales-and-always-online-in-xbox-one

Taking away the ability to just buy one game for a household with multiple consoles and/or players is a real first world pain in the ass. They're fucking up the ecosystem.

"For only $4.99 a month you'll be able to access the cable you're paying $75 a month for. And I think that's wonderful."

• Thumbs Up 1

Remember how we were taught that sharing is caring in preschool. Well, Microsoft just said "fuck that noise".

I can't wait to watch television by paying extra cash while simultaneously using Internet Explorer, the best web browser available! It's a dream experience! Especially when I can Skype my friends and family at any time, so beneficial on my video game console. So helpful! As soon as this comes out, I'll make sure to borrow games from my friends so I can pay that bit extra toward playing again; something that I've always wanted to do! Especially once I like that game and go buy it a second time in stores to keep permanently! The best thing about this is truly the game range; sport and shooters. The greatest and most original types of videos games of the contemporary day. Once again, Microsoft has blown me away with their futuristic vision, just as Windows 8 truly revolutionised Windows for the better. 

This is truly a watercooler as you imagined it. Dog.

• Thumbs Up 1

Back in the day me and my pal used to swap our PS1 discs around like nobody's busines. Microsoft wants to make sure no kids can have any fun like that without money going into Bill Gates' pockets.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't wait to watch television by paying extra cash while simultaneously using Internet Explorer, the best web browser available! It's a dream experience! Especially when I can Skype my friends and family at any time, so beneficial on my video game console. So helpful! As soon as this comes out, I'll make sure to borrow games from my friends so I can pay that bit extra toward playing again; something that I've always wanted to do! Especially once I like that game and go buy it a second time in stores to keep permanently! The best thing about this is truly the game range; sport and shooters. The greatest and most original types of videos games of the contemporary day. Once again, Microsoft has blown me away with their futuristic vision, just as Windows 8 truly revolutionised Windows for the better. 

This is truly a watercooler as you imagined it. Dog.

you don't need to watch TV or to use Skype.

you can just simply boot straight into your game.

these are optional things, why would extra features be seen as a negative?

Because it was being marketed as the biggest selling point throughout the whole damn conference?

Why should we believe that it's meant to be a gaming machine when it's not being hyped (using that term loosely) as one?

Edited by y cant solkia crawl
  • Thumbs Up 7

I don't like all the anti-consumer bullshit MS is trowing at their console, but being honest, I don't see it being an obstacle at all.

And how do you figure that when the closest competitor which will have most of the same functionality and games (no matter how much Microsoft wants to throw money at publishers so they will pretend otherwise) won't have that issue?

you don't need to watch TV or to use Skype.

you can just simply boot straight into your game.

these are optional things, why would extra features be seen as a negative?

The exact same reason they were for the PS3 from 2006-2009.

I don't like all the anti-consumer bullshit MS is trowing at their console, but being honest, I don't see it being an obstacle at all.   some people (arguably most people) just wants to play CoD, Fifa and Halo, some people (arguably most people) wants to watch Netflix, do skype calls and send tweets, Microsoft is showing a console that is eight times more powerful that their last one that can do all that stuff, the drawbacks are very relatively small for that public.     and there is also the possibility of X1 being cheaper than the PS4, like, 100 dollars cheaper. (it could be more expensive too, just speculating), how would that turn on things?   there are a lot of details that are missing, but at a pure market standpoint, MS did their job, this box is mainstream and good at it, while still having a great potential for the hardcore.
okay some people want Skype,tv,etc. however most people already have all that and it's perfectly convieniant to them. Why should get decide to pay 300+ dollars for something they already own? 8 times more powerful? From the sound of it and from what I've heard, the thing is rivaling the WiiU apparently. But that might not be true... Also, we don't know the price. That's the thing. It could be more expensive than the ps4 for all we know, which would again just add to the list of things that turn people o away from this thing.