Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

That's also possible because they seem like the rep wasn't supposed to mention it too. In smash run there big enemies that appear and seem boss like bit like its not like its a full out boss battle so he might be confused by that.

To change the subject off of the clones thing for a bit (since this has been on my mind for awhile) is anyone else slightly disappointed in how little mechanics have been shown for this? Now before you say anything, yeah I do know about the ledge mechanics and all of the changes that have been made to the games mechanics so far but I still don't really feel all too satisfied with it, sure the character reveals are cool and all for like a couple of minutes but then whats left at the end of the day when those are done? It would be cool if we could get more information on some of the changes to the game itself  besides just character movesets like if there was some new kind of L-cancelling we could use or if the comboing is being re-worked or something.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid and the Evo matches of melee from this weekend are still on my mind but at this point I'd like to learn a bit more about the game itself whether than have more character reveals cause ultimately I want the game to have some speed, combo's and just overall good fighting in general.

I really don't get the "Dixie's hair is really unique and could totally set her apart from the rest of the cast" mindset. Yeah her hair attacks might be sort of visually distinctive but gameplay-wise I can't see it offering anything particularly noteworthy. Hell, I'd say the gum gun from Tropical Freeze has more to offer, since it would have an effect that is unique to Dixie and potentially interesting gameplay uses. I mean it's not like she wouldn't work, and there's plenty to go off of if they did want to include her, but she's not the sort of character who would be included for the limitless gameplay possibilities she would offer.

I have no idea how the fuck people think she would be a Diddy clone though, that's just asinine. She probably has more similarities to Donkey Kong than she would to Diddy.

No.

Dixie's hair is a pretty cool mechanic as a whole, but mainly, its to better represent the Donkey Kong franchise. DK is a huge franchise, and adding K. Rool and Dixie Kong to round out the roster would be quite a smart move. We get the three most important heroes in the franchise and the main villain of the franchise.

K. Rool a boss in Smash Run? WTFH?! Some people are just insane...

From what I understand of Smash Run, bosses wouldn't make much sense. I think this might be a case of a rep not knowing what they're talking about.

There are Smash Run bosses, but they are basically like minibosses. In fact, the ones we've seen look better than the Yellow Devil, which is a stage hazard more than it is a boss. The Kremling one is probably Krusha or Klump. There is also Kraid mentioned; its probably the Fake/Mini Kraid that can be encountered in Kraid's Lair.

I actually don't mind about the whole deal that she's basically a clone of Marth with slight differences, but I'm more over curious why they couldn't share the same slot, ala Mii Fighters. Mii Fighters are able to choose from 3 completely different play styles, and their sizes also factor in on how they control and function. I feel like Lucina could've been the same under Marth, however I could understand if the characters aren't really that relate-able to be able to just plop together on the same slot like that.

Pretty excited to see all these characters play out though, especially some Lucina vs. Marth matches haha. And for people worried about Lucina hogging up a valuable slot on roster, I honestly think that with the amount of work, attention, and detail he's put into the roster this time around, and with Lucina probably not taking nearly as much work as other characters to make, I don't think it'd actually "take up up spot." Like maybe it'd be better to more-over look at it like "an extra bonus spot" rather than thinking "oh no! That's 1 of 50 precious spots taken now!" *shrugs*

• Thumbs Up 1

Do we actually know if Mii Fighters are under one slot? I may have missed Sakurai saying that.

Do we actually know if Mii Fighters are under one slot? I may have missed Sakurai saying that.

I guess not but I've kinda just assumed, looking at the art on the site as all 3 types are bunched together as so. I figured choose your Mii and fighter type and were ready to go or something, but now that you point it out I guess it really could be 3 slots next to each other as well

I guess not but I've kinda just assumed, looking at the art on the site as all 3 types are bunched together as so. I figured choose your Mii and fighter type and were ready to go or something, but now that you point it out I guess it really could be 3 slots next to each other as well

I think Mii Fighters are one slot, you go into customization, pick your Mii, set your type, set the abilities you want and add the clothing and accessories you want for your character. They then can be selected under "Mii Fighter."

I actually don't mind about the whole deal that she's basically a clone of Marth with slight differences, but I'm more over curious why they couldn't share the same slot, ala Mii Fighters. Mii Fighters are able to choose from 3 completely different play styles, and their sizes also factor in on how they control and function. I feel like Lucina could've been the same under Marth, however I could understand if the characters aren't really that relate-able to be able to just plop together on the same slot like that.

Pretty excited to see all these characters play out though, especially some Lucina vs. Marth matches haha. And for people worried about Lucina hogging up a valuable slot on roster, I honestly think that with the amount of work, attention, and detail he's put into the roster this time around, and with Lucina probably not taking nearly as much work as other characters to make, I don't think it'd actually "take up up spot." Like maybe it'd be better to more-over look at it like "an extra bonus spot" rather than thinking "oh no! That's 1 of 50 precious spots taken now!" *shrugs*

I don't see the problem. People keep complaining about it, but what's the difference? So they add an extra slot to the roster for a separate character.

At one point I thought we could get alternate skins of different characters, and Sakurai proved me both right and wrong in the same announcement. Lucina is basically an alternate skin, but she's a new character, so she gets her own slot.

I would like to see Krystal making a return in this game... would u imagine her with the magic staff from Starfox Adventures?

I would like to see Krystal making a return in this game... would u imagine her with the magic staff from Starfox Adventures?

She was actually my personal choice for a Starfox rep in Brawl, replacing Falco clone or being wholly unique third rep. Instead we got Falco again, which I don't mind so much since I prefer playing as him instead of Fox, and...um, the sorta clone Wolf. Sorta. =[ Yeah, wasn't too happy about that since I think Krystal would've been a more unique and interesting character to play as, not to mention a female rep!

Of course now we got plenty of female reps in SSB4, but I'm not sure we'll get Krystal this time around either. Hell they might scrap Falco and just keep Fox and Wolf instead! D:

I would laugh so hard if Krystal was revealed as a playable character. You don't even know...:lol:

I kinda hate Krystal so I kinda don't want her to be playable.

But it may end up being a Little Mac where I'd end up loving her because of her move set.

I sorta don't see Star Fox getting another representative. It'd be like another seeing another F-Zero racer. Sure, they could do something interesting and fun, but the series hasn't felt relevant for a long while. Not saying that means we shouldn't get one, but I feel like that's a major deciding factor in how characters are chosen. :c

Also, DaN, your signature is enormous. It's about 10x taller than your post. 

I kinda hate Krystal so I kinda don't want her to be playable.

But it may end up being a Little Mac where I'd end up loving her because of her move set.

You saying you hate Little Mac?

She was actually my personal choice for a Starfox rep in Brawl, replacing Falco clone or being wholly unique third rep. Instead we got Falco again, which I don't mind so much since I prefer playing as him instead of Fox, and...um, the sorta clone Wolf. Sorta. =[ Yeah, wasn't too happy about that since I think Krystal would've been a more unique and interesting character to play as, not to mention a female rep!

Of course now we got plenty of female reps in SSB4, but I'm not sure we'll get Krystal this time around either. Hell they might scrap Falco and just keep Fox and Wolf instead! D:

I would've thought Falco would be cut before Lucina was revealed. Now there's literally no reason to cut Falco other than them wanting to clear up roster spaces, but we've established that clones don't take much development time and roster spaces mean nothing, so its really not happening at this point. And I don't see Krystal getting in as a fourth Star Fox rep, either, as I think Sakurai would probably realize that Star Fox has more than enough representation and would probably go for DK or Kirby getting fourth reps.

If Krystal is in and uses her staff, I'd be fine with it. I just don't think its very likely to happen.

I sorta don't see Star Fox getting another representative. It'd be like another seeing another F-Zero racer. Sure, they could do something interesting and fun, but the series hasn't felt relevant for a long while. Not saying that means we shouldn't get one, but I feel like that's a major deciding factor in how characters are chosen. :c

Comparing Star Fox to Kirby and DK, its definitely easy to see which franchise(s) deserve more characters first. DK is extremely big, and Kirby is about on par. I don't know which is more popular, but I think DK is slightly more... I'm really not sure, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I disliked him. He wasn't a character I found interesting, but once I saw him in Smash, I really liked him.

I would like to say that I usually dislike the clones as they 'take up a slot.'

But honestly, the Idea of taking up a slot is still viable. I will remain hopeful though that Sakurai was just listening to fans, and then set aside two folks saying 'Yo, make a Lucina model, get the VA to do some lines, and program her like Marth just so she's in the for the fans.'

Despite the hate/love/neutralness of Lucina, at the very least it's not Pichu.

There will never be another clone as bad as Pichu

Edit :

fixed your weird spelling error there, really oughta turn spell-check on

You're totally correct, let me fix my mistake...

There will never be another clone as hilariously amazing, yet still utterly as dreadful as a clone designed by twigs such as Pichu. And that's terrible, but relieving at the same time.

There will never be another clone as hilariously amazing as Pichu. And that's terrible.

fixed your weird spelling error there, really oughta turn spell-check on

• Thumbs Up 5

I remember the backlash wolf got. In late january to may of 2008 he was as hated as R.O.B. if only because he allegedly took Krystal's slot.

• 7 months later...

Lucina just got announced! Do you think she'll be like a Roy-style clone with a tipper at the back? I mean, she can't just have nothing, right?

• Thumbs Up 7

Wow reading all these messages sure does take me back... XD

Anyway, can't wait for that Mewtwo DLC.

There's some ESRB Leak or some shit, it's probably fake

super_smash_bros_3ds_wii_u_roster_leak.j

Seriously, Shulk look like a photoshopped Little Mac!

• Thumbs Up 8

Pft, yeah, Shulk will make it into Smash, sure. Next you'll tell me something else that they'd never do, like removing Lucas from the roster!!

Still not over it ;-;