Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

So, who did you guys vote for? I voted for Wolf on my PC, King K. Rool on my laptop and Issac from my iPhone. I would love to see those guys get in as DLC.

I decided to vote for Rayman because he is like the only real 3rd party character that I can see working. I also voted for Hawlucha (It's a fucking LUCHADOR BIRD! Who wouldn't want that?) and Chibi Robo (I really want him in Smash, haha).

Eh, I gave my vote to Wolf just to make extra sure Nintendo or Sakurai don't forget. I'm not obsessed or anything.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I see Wolf getting in next too. Lucas is just sort've there to show 'Yes. We plan more. Look, see, he's already working.'

And hopefully are taking time to give him a unique final smash.

Honestly, I don't think any of the other cut characters are necessary.

-Young Link was made obsolete by Toon Link

-Pichu is just a weaker Pikachu who hurts itself

-Roy... well, we already have four Fire Emblem reps, and three of them share many similarities. (Plus, having two characters with the exact same name might cause some confusion.)

-Ice Climbers, as cool (heh) as they were, the 3DS can't handle them, and it was decided from the get-go that both versions had to have the exact same roster. It stinks, but that's just how it is.

-Wolf was just another Fox clone. We already have Falco, who at least has become more distinct, but Wolf doesn't really have much to stand out with.

-Squirtle and Ivysaur don't really stand out individually as well as the fully-evolved, ridiculously-popular Charizard does. Maybe if they were fully-evolved, it could work, but as it is, we already have six playable Pokemon, and I certainly don't think Gen 1 needs any more love!

-And finally, Snake. To me, there's kind of an unspoken rule about third-party Smash characters: they need to be strongly associated with Nintendo. Sonic's been on Nintendo consoles for most of his career, and with the three-game partnership, it's evident that Nintendo and SEGA are closer than ever; Mega Man started out on the NES, and has had quite a few games on later Nintendo systems. And Pac-Man has also been pretty tight with the Big N (and it helps that his company co-developed Smash 4) Snake, on the other hand? The only Metal Gear game released on a Nintendo platform between Brawl and now was the 3DS remake of Snake Eater. He's just not relevant to Nintendo anymore.

-Wolf was just another Fox clone. We already have Falco, who at least has become more distinct, but Wolf doesn't really have much to stand out with.

I'd have to disagree. To me, Wolf was more of a semi-clone than a regular clone, and he had more differences from Fox than Falco did in my eyes. I would just say that Wolf is different enough from the other two to be worthy enough to come back. I know you may disagree, but Wolf is not as clone-ish as you may think. Plus, he was one of my mains in Brawl.

• Thumbs Up 3

Wolf plays nothing like Fox or Falco, in fact, he was more unique to Fox than Falco was.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wolf really wasn't a clone. He had conceptually similar specials but they all functioned very differently, and all of his normals and aerials were unique. He's one of the most unique cut characters.

A "clone" is someone like Dark Pit, Falco, Dr. Mario or Lucina. Roughly the same moves with some different properties. Some are less different than others.

That said, I almost feel like it would be a waste for every DLC character they pick to be a veteran. Mewtwo and Lucas returning is super exciting but I don't think they could ever be as interesting as someone entirely new.

Finally, I can beat up Nintendos as Lucas and actually appreciate it this time because back in Brawl I hadn't played the Mother games yet.

Other characters from previous games who didn't make the cut have a good chance of getting in now, but I just wonder about any completely new characters somewhere down the line. Guess that's where the voting thing comes in, but uh...I'm not sure who to vote for. Maybe I'll show some support for an indie character like Shantae or Shovel Knight since that'd be cool to see.

I see what you guys are saying. Out of all the guys I listed, I'd say Wolf probably has the best chance of returning. And y'know what? If they make him distinct enough, I'd be all for it. He always was one of my favorite Star Fox characters. 

Just please give him a different Final Smash! We do not need any more Landmasters!

Making an entirely new character takes time though. FAR more time than just yanking Lucas and Wolf out of Brawl and tuning them up. I imagine they'll just pull some of the guys cut from previous games over to hold us over until they finish with whatever new characters they're working on.

Wolf really wasn't a clone. He had conceptually similar specials but they all functioned very differently, and all of his normals and aerials were unique. He's one of the most unique cut characters.

A "clone" is someone like Dark Pit, Falco, Dr. Mario or Lucina. Roughly the same moves with some different properties. Some are less different than others.

That said, I almost feel like it would be a waste for every DLC character they pick to be a veteran. Mewtwo and Lucas returning is super exciting but I don't think they could ever be as interesting as someone entirely new.

I doubt they would, either. Lucas and Wolf are very easy ports from Brawl. However, none of the other cut characters are all that interesting. I certainly doubt we want to see tons of Pokemon DLC just as much as we don't want to see tons of veteran DLC.

I'd say Wolf will be the last veteran DLC, and he's probably going to be announced at E3 alongside an official Star Fox U trailer. Maybe with a new newcomer announcement (like the Mewtwo one; just a brief glimpse based on preliminary polling data; I highly doubt they're going to sit on their toes and wait for the poll to fully end before they start working on more).

I see what you guys are saying. Out of all the guys I listed, I'd say Wolf probably has the best chance of returning. And y'know what? If they make him distinct enough, I'd be all for it. He always was one of my favorite Star Fox characters. 

Just please give him a different Final Smash! We do not need any more Landmasters!

This is my only complaint. Give him a new Final Smash and otherwise he can be exactly the same.

Making an entirely new character takes time though. FAR more time than just yanking Lucas and Wolf out of Brawl and tuning them up. I imagine they'll just pull some of the guys cut from previous games over to hold us over until they finish with whatever new characters they're playing.

That and DLC stages. I think they'd probably work on new stages as well. Honestly, Wolf is the only other veteran I can see them bringing back. Unless they managed to work out the kinks with Ice Climbers or make them new 3DS only, which I highly doubt will happen.

Its possible they started work on other characters already, but that's iffy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Making an entirely new character takes time though. FAR more time than just yanking Lucas and Wolf out of Brawl and tuning them up. I imagine they'll just pull some of the guys cut from previous games over to hold us over until they finish with whatever new characters they're working on.

I know for sure that you have a good point. With that said, I wonder how long it would take to make an all new character compared to ones existing from before like Lucas? I would mention Mewtwo, but they had trouble importing his Melee data into Smash Bros 4, and they had to make him all over again.

He was distinct enough to begin with, the Landmaster was the only thing that was almost exactly the same.

• Thumbs Up 1

I voted for Marshal of Rhythm Heaven. It just seemed the most logical choice. A series that isn't repped in anything but Trophies, and was rumored to be one of the ones in before.

Either way, always next vote for K.Rool and Simon Belmont from me. Potentially Paper Mario too. Gosh, this all has me excited, I really hope they post the results.

So, who did you guys vote for? I voted for Wolf on my PC, King K. Rool on my laptop and Issac from my iPhone. I would love to see those guys get in as DLC.

We are many, we are united, we are KREMLINGS!

CBjS89rVEAAaEOy.jpg

Joking aside, he's my main vote, but I also plan to vote for Captain Syrup, Ray mk, and perhaps Issac later on... would consider Goeman, but third party is iffy, though I may do Sami

• Thumbs Up 1

We are many, we are united, we are KREMLINGS!

CBjS89rVEAAaEOy.jpg

Joking aside, he's my main vote, but I also plan to vote for Captain Syrup, Ray mk, and perhaps Issac later on... would consider Goeman, but third party is iffy, though I may do Sami

*high fives Mando* K. Rool for the freaking win! I do hope he makes it in.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry I was lame and asked for Snake to Return, we have better chances of getting characters from previous games back then out of nowhere ones so no pipedreaming for me this time.

So how many times can we submit?

Sorry I was lame and asked for Snake to Return, we have better chances of getting characters from previous games back then out of nowhere ones so no pipedreaming for me this time.

So how many times can we submit?

Its supposed to be once. Technically, though, its probably one per IP.

I don't really think we'll get anymore veterans than Wolf, honestly. None of the remaining cut Melee vets are that interesting, and Ice Climbers had difficulty working. If they can SOMEHOW manage to fix IC's, or they opt not to allow IC's on normal 3DS and only on new 3DS (I HIGHLY DOUBT THIS WILL HAPPEN), I think the only other vet will be Wolf.

Just a little bit disappointed that Mewtwo's moveset didn't get tweaked much, but honestly I'm just glad enough to see him back again. Check out the sick hitpause on his FS. Oh, and Lucas too. Wonder if they're going to fix his absolutely retarded Usmash this time around.

Let's talk about the Ice Climbers for a moment. The whole problem is that Nana's AI is too much for the 3DS to handle, right? Why not just have Popo summon her as a striker in his special moves? The Ice Climbers have some pretty sick metagame but it's all based on exploits that aren't really explained or supported within the game itself - a striker-based moveset could streamline the whole thing and make self-comboing relatively fairly accessible in the same way Rosalina's Luma does.

As far as the poll is concerned, really, I'm not feeling many other choices right now besides a Splatoon Inkling. My second choices would be Wonder Red, K.Rool, Krystal and maybe an obscure curveball character like DHD was, but right now out of anybody I could pick, a Splatoon rep easily sounds the most unique and fun to play. Especially if covering shit in coloured paint has actual metagame uses much like it does in its own game.

well i'm still unsure who to vote for, but whenever the time comes i hope the new character, (or characters, they didn't say it might be just one) will be a newcomer.

I'm probably the only one that voted for Klonoa

-_-

There's probably 3 or 4 others who did too. 

It's hard for me to come up with a submission choice. There are few characters that I really want that I actually consider feasible. 

I voted for Captain Rainbow. Because rainbows are awesome. Yes, that is my reason and I'm sticking with it.