Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Debut Trailer

Carbo

You know, even though it was obvious, was anyone else really fucking happy that they kept Roger Craig Smith on? It's just great to hear him puking all over the game's audio again :')

...I actually am genuinely thrilled to seem him provide his cool and energetic voice once again.

• Thumbs Up 3

Tiara B. reborn!

Wt4XgdZ.jpg

Kidding. But there are MINOR similarities. Not enough for an actual comparison to be made.

• Thumbs Up 6

The level shown looks like it could be a really big level, or loads of acts. Neither of which I would complain about, seeing as I like big, long levels, if they're fun, which this one looks to be, and if it's loads of acts, they look really different, which is good because when we had loads of acts in Colours, most felt very similar to each other, while these look very imaginative. Bring on more!

But there are MINOR similarities. Not enough for an actual comparison to be made.

Just like with the Mario similarities, no?

wink.png

ogod dun kill me pls sonic fanz

Edited by Τhe Joker

707Xrmu.png

I think you're getting your 90's Genesis Platformers Mixed up

what does this even mean

I need to reflect on this in my Shark Cave

anyway, Trailer looks pretty Nifty-o, I still say the designs of the Deadly Six seem very expected, but in a way I like them anyway. Gameplay looks cool Aswell, and as for the level.....it's cool and all, but I hope not all levels are suspended in Midair like that.

Edit:

Pomf~=3

This, oh so much of this.

I'm also not a fan of going for a more cartoony approach. Unleashed-Generations was ok (other than the humans in Unleashed), those games felt like a much more balanced approach to me. This one takes it a step further, and considering the superior Wii U graphics, I really feel like they could do so much better with it.

Even with the added color, though, I could deal with it. But... what about the scenery? Nice backdrop of a green hill area. But its all flat, and not that impressive. I'd have preferred more detailed scenery like in the past few games, that would've looked so much nicer. And the Wii U can handle it, so there's no reason for this.

As far as Mario goes, though, it really only vaguely resembles Mario. So I don't see what people are getting on about. This is all Sonic, period. Sonic X-Treme, definitely, there's a ton of Sonic X-Treme feel in this game. The only reason this resembles Mario Galaxy is because of the planet physics, which any real planetoid-based platforming game would have, period.

Mario Galaxy is iconic, but its not the only game to do that kind of thing. Hell, SONIC did it before Mario. Does anyone remember Mad Space/Meteor Herd? Yeah, they weren't the best stages, but they still have the planetoid physics and was out LONG before Mario Galaxy.

EDIT: And, of course, the unreleased Sonic X-Treme. Seriously. And I know other games have planet physics like in Mario Galaxy as well, even if they're not the whole focus of the game.

Edited by JaidynReiman
  • Thumbs Up 1

Besides the game mechanics, which I mentioned in a previous message that I really enjoy, I absolutely love the music piece that played in this trailer. 

Looks fun, the style and theme they have going there look good and very colorful. Perfect for Sonic.

... well that's pretty much what we can gather from a debut trailer, but you know what? I liked the first impressions. Wonder how Eggman will be involved? He certainly will, based on the badniks. Hopefully keeping his jolly personality from the last few games. Perhaps adding some more tension to his threat as well?

• Thumbs Up 4

Pretty hyped, I love the Parkour Mechanics. However, I'm kinda worried about the level design. I love the slopes, hills and parkour-friendly design choices, don't get me wrong. But I barely see any branching paths- and those are what I love most about the stage design in recent sonic games. Well, I guess I should wait for more gameplay and details before I set my final standings on the game.

Tiara B. reborn!

Wt4XgdZ.jpg

Kidding. But there are MINOR similarities. Not enough for an actual comparison to be made.

I don't see a single similarity whatsoever.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tbh it looks more like Super Monkey Ball than Mario.

Like Jaidyn said, people only think it looks like Mario because Mario Galaxy is the only planetoid/gravity focused platformer that became extremely iconic and well-known, when Sonic has been doing similar things since forever. Gravity has always been more Sonic's gimmick than Mario's, pipes and using momentum to stick on things is a fundamentally Sonic identity. Platforms being raised in the sky is also a fundamental platform game trope, you just don't see them nearly as much in 3D platformers as 2D ones.

Honestly besides the odd tree, this is completely all Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 7

hopefully the Parkour Mechanics will be usable everywhere and not just certain spots

• Thumbs Up 2

First thing I have to say is that I am glad that the guardians have been confirmed to be villains. Hopefully, they all stay that way, because trust me, the amount of significant villains this series still uses is pretty low. Their designs caught me by surprise. well I guess i just have to get used to them.

This looks x-tremely cool. I got a real 3d blast vibe from the trailer.

Oh and no boost? Fuck yeah!

No Eggman? sad.png

I'm sure Eggman is going to be in this game.

This is awesome:

D-sIkDWfccU.gif

I don't know why, but that felt adorable. Still, smart guys, giding behind Sonic.

Calling it now: When Lost Worlds gets good scores, the fans will claim it's because Nintendo did all the work, and that SEGA is a has-been who's holding them back, and they should just give Sonic to real game developers because the TRUE SAWNIK FANS say so.

Meh, whatever. If that's the case, then there is no point even trying to convince some people (not that there would have been in the first place, but still).

2rx7hn9.png

2453296-you+confuse+knuckles.png

Please, SEGA?

But it's Sonic Lost World!tongue.png

hopefully the Parkour Mechanics will be usable everywhere and not just certain spots

Yeah that was actually one of my biggest peeves with Generations, the wall jump seemed almost pointless at times.

It doesn't look like the slopes actually really do anything, it just looks like an effect. I highly doubt they'll actually work the way everyone's thinking they will. Looks like I get to be the cynical asshole now, but I think everyone's just over-hyped because we haven't had any Sonic news lately. Chill, and watch the video again without the "WHOA IT'S SONIC!!" mindset. If you still like it, awesome, more power to 'ya, but I don't want any of you hyping this up and then getting disappointed in the end if it does wind up not meeting your expectations. I hope this doesn't mean SEGA will refuse to make anything but classic Sonic references now, too. It got to that point with Mario and I'm just sick of it there already. Also, I hope there's some kind of vaulting to the ledge grabbing, it looks painfully slow. D;

Anyways, on a less assholish note, I really do like the design of the 6 baddies. Reminds me of Night of the Werehog a bit, except... like, plastic. XD I can't see the story being much more complicated than "hey they stole the animals let's go save them! And let's restore the Lost World while we're at it!" though.

EDIT: 

StoneCycloneGalaxy.png

Edited by SKANKFUNK
  • Thumbs Up 3

Awesooooome! OuO For a debut trailer, there was a lot going on.

I actually really like the new level design, even though it reminds me of Super Mario Galaxy and I think the new gameplay mechanics look interesting. So glad they seem to have gotten rid of that bloody boost once and for all (unless it appears in later levels in the game?). Btw, lovin the designs of these VILLAINS! It'll be interesting to see what Eggman has to do with this. Bring on Wednesday's announcement!

I'm in class so I got only a quick glance, but... I got hyped when Sonic wall-ran and climbed. Fucking climbing! Sonic is acrobatic!

look up tall trunk galaxy in super mario galaxy 2, that specific galaxy looks like this game, but wait........
they were in green hill zone right? so levels gonna take place in mobious and lost world.

I'm seeing a lot of people praising the trailer, but... I don't really like it. Only Sonic playable once again (as far as we know), more levels for nostalgia (have we not had enough with Sonic 4 and Generations?), little amounts of 3D gameplay, and a "new" wall-running move, which he's been able to do since Sonic Adventure. Overall, I'm not very hyped at all. Sure, I'm glad to see a new Sonic game again, but this?

Digging those enemy designs, though.

Edited by Speedster
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm seeing a lot of people praising the trailer, but... I don't really like it. Only Sonic once again (as far as we know), more levels for nostalgia (have we not had enough with Sonic 4 and Generations?), little amounts of 3D gameplay, and a "new" wall-running move, which he's been able to do since Sonic Adventure. Overall, I'm not very hyped at all. Sure, I'm glad to see a new Sonic game again, but this?

Digging those enemy designs, though.

that's alot of assumptions u got there

what's scary is they may have some true to them