Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Debut Trailer

Carbo

While it's a shame that it looks like it will be Sonic only once again, I'm excited because the gameplay looks so unique and fresh! I was worried they would keep the boost but it seems like they have finally gotten rid of it. Hallelujah.

At least they remembered that badniks are powered by animals again.

Overall? Too linear, too many dash pads. This is not going to be my glorious classic-styled 3D Sonic game. ...but I'm interested. This is most definitely not just a repeat of the Unleashed gameplay (hell, there isn't even any boosting, at least not anything like they've been doing). You have my attention, Sonic Team...please don't let me down.

• Thumbs Up 7

I am so pleased they finally got rid of boost to win (or at least I HOPE they have. For all we know it is still there, but the trailer didn't show it).

I will once again hope this is the Classics in 3D we've been waiting since 1996 for. Don't worry, I know that won't happen though.

So this is Sonic Xtreme as we always imagined it?

This looks rather interesting

1232074_0.jpg

Those Motobugs are... really detailed. I don't recall them looking that detailed in the previous Sonic games.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's some fine illumination, shading and modeling right there, Sonic Team. Never had a doubt about their skills.

Look at that sexy~

sonic_zps73621b4f.jpg

• Thumbs Up 8

Hey where's Inferno at? I don't feel like checking through this thread but I think he's missing out once again. XP

• Thumbs Up 6

Hey where's Inferno at? I don't feel like checking through this thread but I think he's missing out once again. XP

I mentioned that in my status.

This is good, because the world can remain in peace and not go supernova as foretold by Nostradamus.

• Thumbs Up 6

The re(-re?)designed Badniks have so much more personality than they did previously. Not to mention they're fueled by hamster like back in the day, AKA pretty much what made Eggman's mooks so iconic in the first place.

Glad the Flickies and whatnot are back, this does give me a vibe that Sonic's world is actually going to be like Sonic's world again.

This trailer has a lot of small(?) details like that which I'm sure we'll all love to analyse, glad to see a real Nintendo-level attention to detail so far (lol).

Good job, Sonic Team.

We may have seen the trailer now, but at least we'll get some high-res screenshots and a press release tomorrow.

I haven't been this excited about a Sonic game in a long time.

Sonic 4 Ep. 2: Not a fuck was given

Sonic Generations: Neat and cool

This game: I am now 99% sure that I will get a Wii-U for this and Bayonetta. 

I'm sure going to miss the boost gameplay. This looks slightly interesting though. Can't wait to hear more.

OH MY GOD.

OH MY GOD.

Let me rewatch this 50 times before forming an actual opinion

Asbskkxnekqkzhdjwbeheh

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh God, I squeed. I'm squeeing, HOLY SHIT!!! I literally just ran outside and squeed at the top of my lungs. Yes!

I am totally loving the new jump sound. I didn't care for the SU/SC/SG sound but this sounds like a great throwback to the original.

It's nice that SEGA is embracing the original aesthetic style.

I'm sure going to miss the boost gameplay. This looks slightly interesting though. Can't wait to hear more.

I will miss it too, but I do love the classic principle this game is following. If you want speed, you'll have to earn it by flawlessly running through the stage instead of having it on a silver platter.

Edited by KrazyBean

Hmmmmm, not what I was expecting at all.

So clearly this is worlds apart from the current Unleashed style, a parkoury-mariogalaxy-xtreme fusion. To start with the good - I like the parkour part, Sonic's wall-running look pretty sweet - 'bout time he got some new moves. I also really like that they're keeping with the clean style, nothing overzealous or confusing, it all seems to fit nicely into Sonic's world.

On that note however; god was I already bored with that Green-hill design by the end of the trailer. There's just nothing..interesting about it. I appreciate that this is Sonic's iconic home and is important in terms of the brand itself, but it just feels so bland, there's no interesting twist or spin on it. Other reincarnations have at least tried to recreate it from a new angle, like in SA3 or even in Generations, where GHZ was given this humongous tropical waterfall scope that made it truly epic to play through. (despite it being a boost-fest)

And that's what my main problem with what we've seen comes down to, it just looks too much like a Mario game. I know this has already been said a hundred times, but there's no denying that those hills in the background look awkwardly like those out of World 1-1. The repetitiveness of scenery also bugs me, there's seemingly little variation in what the player goes through unlike in Generations, though early to tell I know. (waterfall-cave-open air-green pathway-loop etc.) The random planetry platforms and warping of gravities and perspectives just reeks of Galaxy, and too much so.

Not sure what to think of 'The Deadly Six' yet, though I like the name and way they're approaching the marketing, even if it does forbode that this'll be once again a kiddy-no-sense-of-danger-ever-fun-romp.

I will say it does look fun though, very fun actually and it's nice they're experimenting with something different yet not branching out into weird and unnecessary teritories ala pre-Colours. I feel this is Sega's new attitude with Sonic, a simple, clean, consistant and comercially acceptable design that alas can cause for some repetitiveness. But hell, I much prefer this direction to the sloppy, inconsistant trainwrecks of games (from an overall design perspective) we were getting pre-Unleashed.

One last thing though, where the heck are the better-than-360-PS3-generations graphics? From a distance I could honestly expect that sort of thing from the Wii. That's one of my problems with this kind of block-textures, simplified, Mario design; it doesn't allow for the beautiful set-pieces and really charming life that Generations brought to the table. In fact, I'd say that from what we've seen, this has nothing over how beautiful Generations was. The backgrounds are so dull and samey...bleh.

I felt the same with the trailer for Mario and Sonic '13, sure, the models have been updated but it otherwise looks incredibly dull. Not taking advantage of the new processing power that these new machines give you. Pasted picture backgrounds and floating platforms aren't acceptable anymore; you need to have stuff going on to bring the world to life, otherwise it just feels lazy and small in scale.

I dunno, there's just a lack of oomph here, I dunno what it is, new Sonic stuff just doesn't seem to have that immensely frenzied, must pre-order now excitement that it used to for me anymore.

I stopped giving a fuck about the boost the moment Sonic started wallrunning with actual player control to do so instead of the automated shit.

• Thumbs Up 7

nSKGwezh.png

Snailbot!

Sonic's pose there reminds me of that recent picture of that fat man prancing, through a rain storm or something... I can't find it because I don't know its name, but I'd shop it in if I could. Also, looks like a Sonicky Mario jump.