Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Debut Trailer

Carbo

My body was ready. However the CGI little animals I wasn't.

Genuinely surprised to see some gameplay footage when I was expecting the typical CGI teaser trailer. 

And the guardians do look pretty sweet if not more crude-looking but I'm not gonna lament them as being badly-designed because of it. The trailer also seemed to make them look like antagonists for the most part.

It's as if, like everyone else says, Sonic X-Treme and Mario Galaxy had a love child.

And I am excited as fuck.

• Thumbs Up 2

Holy mother of spindashes, I was not expecting that.

This looks absolutely amazing. New moves, a new take on the Unleashed/Colours/Generations gameplay, and more classic Sonic vibes than I can handle. So much awesome.

TIME TO RISE AGAINST THE SIX, MOTHERTRUCKERS!

I still hate the looks of the enemies. The gameplay looks pretty cool, but I'm not quite sure about this one. It looks way different from the recent titles. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I just want some consistency, I don't want them to keep changing the gameplay formula all the time. If it at least feels like past 3D titles despite being a little different, I won't mind that so much I guess.

But, still, the enemies... God they look wretched. I can NOT take them seriously.

As for Mario Galaxy, still not seeing it. This is more like Sonic X-Treme than anything else.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, TOTALLY love the wall-running. Hope it plays decently enough.

Edited by JaidynReiman
  • Thumbs Up 2

Level design looks too... planetoid, but the gameplay's lookin' good! Totally love the new gameplay style, and I really love Sonic's peelout.

The music's still got a bit to get there for now though.

there you go:

SPw1T8J.png

I only don't like orange dude and maybe purple emo midget, the rest are fine.

This looks like my dream game =|

I...I...wow, I'm just speechless right now. We are actually having a Modern Sonic game with no boost and tons of platforming. UIIGHUDBWUHJSIHGNREGVISEGBFIANFGIRAHF!!!

Edited by KrazyBean

I still hate the looks of the enemies. The gameplay looks pretty cool, but I'm not quite sure about this one. It looks way different from the recent titles. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I just want some consistency, I don't want them to keep changing the gameplay formula all the time. If it at least feels like past 3D titles despite being a little different, I won't mind that so much I guess.   But, still, the enemies... God they look wretched. I can NOT take them seriously.     As for Mario Galaxy, still not seeing it. This is more like Sonic X-Treme than anything else.   EDIT: Oh, yeah, TOTALLY love the wall-running. Hope it plays decently enough.
Looking at the gaurdians, I doubt seriousness was the idea. They suit the rest of the games design well.

Though I don't have favorite just yet, I might like the red and green ones. Orange is really the only one that will take time for me to grow on but the rest are okay to me.

Edited by DarkLight

I got such overwhelming X-Treme meets Galaxy vibes there. Looks... I dunno. We'll see! Certainly looks like a brave new spin on an old franchise.

Looks kinda...throwaway? Like it doesn't seem as inspired or new as Colors was, both in logo and design. Overall I am slightly dissapointed after all the wait, but ya know gotta wait for more.

Call me naive, but... yeah, I'm excited.

Even if this creates more Galaxy jokes than Colours did, I don't care. The look, the game, the CLASSIC ANIMALS, the Six Ne'er-Do-Wells... oh yes, I'm liking the way things are going so far.

It's probably just a coincidence, but if this is somehow meant to feel similar to the cancelled Sonic X-Treme, this is one hell of a way to try that concept again.

Edited by Dr. Crusher
  • Thumbs Up 3

As someone who's never played or seen Mario Galaxy, I have no idea what any of you are talking about.

Woah.

I'm not a fan of Green Hill Galaxy... because Green Hill Zone.  But goddamn, the game looks like fun.  Look at all the slopes and shit, the wall running, the ledge grabbing...

Can't wait to see more.

Looks very 2.5D. Which isn't a bad thing. I just hope these new mechanics like that ledge grab don't slow the game down too much. 

If it was at Colours' speed that would be OK with me.

SPw1T8J.png

Well DAMN my predictions were off. Especially with Slumpy (or Slumpette now, I guess), Not!Bowser, Grimace and The Girl (or She-Go/Terra, I guess).

Also, if the black pants weren't enough, the Badniks practically scream it - Eggman's behind it.

Edited by Spin Attaxx
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have to wonder if assets of Super Mario Galaxy and SMG2's coding are being used in this game. That section with the thorny vine looping around reminds me too much of Tall Trunk Galaxy's slide section for it to be a coincidence.

Using those assets is not automatically a bad thing, not at all. But I'm curious.

• Thumbs Up 1

So is the girl like...

Is the green her

Or is the black like

Is she....

Um

• Thumbs Up 4

Wait, are we talking about Badnik designs or the 6 antagonists because the Badnik's are the classic ones.