Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Debut Trailer

Carbo

Pro controllerr is nice, but i like my gamepad so at leastvim good, but they should allow other controllers

I'm glad we'll finally be playing in levels/areas that haven't been polluted/taken over by Eggman. I'm also pretty sure that each member of the Deadly Six are going to be fought in individual boss fights.

• Thumbs Up 2

SonicTeam havebeen pretty good with controller options in the past, with Colours and Unleashed Wii offering set ups for every type of controller. Don't count it out just yet.

I was about to ask, if the game is indeed Off TV, how will the Wisps work when you're mainly playing the game on the Gamepad?

SonicTeam havebeen pretty good with controller options in the past, with Colours and Unleashed Wii offering set ups for every type of controller. Don't count it out just yet.

I can only hope so. I can't imagine how anyone played Sonic Colors or Unleashed Wii with anything other than a GameCube or Classic controller. I used a Classic controller for both personally.

Ignoring the GamePad (which still isn't as comfortable as I'd like) and the Wii U Pro controller, the Classic controller is the only controller to come out of Nintendo since the SNES days that I can tolerate using really.

Edited by Chooch

I can only hope so. I can't imagine how anyone played Sonic Colors or Unleashed Wii with anything other than a GameCube or Classic controller. I used a Classic controller for both personally.

I used a Wiimote/Nunchuck for both. 

It was passable for Wiileashed - it did what you wanted to most of the time (waggle controls lol). But in Colors the nunchuck literally was not responsive enough to handle quickstep sections at full speed (Final Boss and Planet Wisp come to mind)

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Ignoring the GamePad (which still isn't as comfortable as I'd like) and the Wii U Pro controller, the Classic controller is the only controller to come out of Nintendo since the SNES days that I can tolerate using really.

I used the GCN controller for Unleashed, but didn't like it for Colours. The remote + nunchuck combo worked very nicely to be honest with you.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you can't get comfortable with the Gamecube controller, it must be your hands that are uncomfortable, not the controllers.

• Thumbs Up 3

The GameCube controller is really only good for first party Nintendo stuff and some Sonic games. Everything else? No thanks. I don't even use a GameCube controller for Smash Bros. anymore. I just use the Classic controller. Nothing wrong with my hands.

I'm not in the mood to debate controller preferences to that degree. I'm just hoping the Wii U Pro controller works for this game. That's it, really.

Edited by Chooch

The GameCube controller is really only good for first party Nintendo stuff and some Sonic games. Everything else? No thanks. I don't even use a GameCube controller for Smash Bros. anymore. I just use the Classic controller. Nothing wrong with my hands.

I'm not in the mood to debate controller preferences to that degree. I'm just hoping the Wii U Pro controller works for this game. That's it, really.

I was just joking, I didn't mean anything by it. :V

The art style is very remnant of the Sega Saturn/early Dreamcast era.

Very vibrant colors, simplistic geometrical shapes for backgrounds and objects, very high emphasis on classic elements. Although you can tell there's a good bit of detail put into textures compared to the more simplistic style going nowadays, you can tell its to make up for the low-poly look of everything, compared to nowadays where all of the detail is in the high poly-ness.

It also really reminds me of Sonic CD in how the level design is really surreal and takes place on a very geometrical planet. So that adds to all of it.

So yeah, I'd say its not "un-Sonicy" at all, and definitely not too Nintendo-y. It screams Saturn era to me, and I thought that was one of the most defining parts of the Segasonic feel. It definitely feels like Sonic. Just not the more 'realistic' Sonic. I'd personally prefer one day to see big environments and heavy detail again like how we used to get, but the cartooniness and vibrancy levels are exactly what I want from Sonic from now on. Its beautiful.

That doesn't explain why Sonic 3D went out of its way to add texture. The only thing that made me think of the Saturn era was that, at first glance, this game resembled X-treme a bit. Otherwise this feels very different.

That said, I do like elements of this new style. It looks great in the screenshots of half-pipes and cylindrical paths, but terrain made of cuboids makes me think more of Mario, even if they are covered in the checkerboard design. I'm not really a fan of the simplified badniks, but at the same time I'm happy to see the old school critters popping out of them again.

I will pray to God it's just a Nintendo thing and is not permanent.

Judging by the Popular star on Blue Blood's response, I think we're utterly outnumbered in this view :(

Edited by Frogging101

I've just noticed something, look at this picture of one of the half pipes. 8C35FKp.png

You guys see that sheep? When the Choppers jumped out of the water, it turned red and stopped in its tracks. Also during this part, a distressful bleat can be heard, evidently coming from the sheep.

I don't know what significance (if any) this may have. It could just be a simple detail, but I'm thinking that there might be parts of the game where you will have to protect the animals from the enemies.

A little far-fetched I suppose, but who knows?

Edited by Haden
  • Thumbs Up 1

You guys see that sheep? When the Choppers jumped out of the water, it turned red and stopped in its tracks. Also during this part, an distressful bleat can be heard, evidently coming from the sheep.

I don't know what significance (if any) this may have. It could just be a simple detail, but I'm thinking that there might be parts of the game where you will have to protect the animals from the enemies.

A little far-fetched I suppose, but who knows?

Or they pull a Cucco and start ramming Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope the opposite. The way that levels are suspended in the sky will hopefully be only for this game, but the actual graphical style can stay please.
Can someone convince me that this graphical style is better? No, seriously; I'd be a lot happier if I learned to like it, since this is what it's going to be.

Can someone convince me that this graphical style is better? No, seriously; I'd be a lot happier if I learned to like it, since this is what it's going to be.

Or we can just you know...

have our own opinions on what styles you prefer.

• Thumbs Up 6

Ultimately, Frog mah boi, this whole matter is down to simply personal preference. You simply don't like this game's graphical style, and that's perfectly fine. I prefer it over the graphical style of the "Boost Era" games and that's also perfectly fine. Stop trying to force yourself into liking something you don't, causing yourself -- as well as everyone else here -- so much unnecessary stress.

I mean, gads, having different opinions is not the end of the world. Take it easy...

Edited by Komodin
  • Thumbs Up 8

Why?

You know...You and I are the same in the way that we both have our styles and we won't change.

So instead of this, we should keep our own opinion and in any case tell the others why we don't think like them...

• Thumbs Up 1

Ultimately, Frog mah boi, this whole matter is down to simply personal preference. You simply don't like this game's graphical style, and that's perfectly fine. I prefer it over the graphical style of the "Boost Era" games and that's also perfectly fine. Stop trying to force yourself into liking something you don't, causing yourself -- as well as everyone else here -- so much unnecessary stress.   I mean, gads, having different opinions is not the end of the world. Take it easy...
My (possibly heat-warped) reasoning behind my post was in fact with the goal of sparing everyone, as you put it, unnecessary stress. When an opinion pervades my mind I can't keep my mouth shut about it. The choice was either me continually complaining about the graphics for quite a while to come, or changing the opinion. I'm already too much of a complainer in real life so I attempted assisted opinion suicide, which apparently has failed.

My (possibly heat-warped) reasoning behind my post was in fact with the goal of sparing everyone, as you put it, unnecessary stress. When an opinion pervades my mind I can't keep my mouth shut about it. The choice was either me continually complaining about the graphics for quite a while to come, or changing the opinion. I'm already too much of a complainer in real life so I attempted assisted opinion suicide, which apparently has failed.

Er..........................How 'bout you just forget this whole hair-brained "opinion suicide" and just accept that people have different opinions then yours........

I don't mind the graphical style. It also could be the level style. Other levels might look alot different, maybe closer to Colors which we hit other parts of the game? Sonic is known to really have dramatic level changes and looks. Least Sonic appearance really hasn't changed much. But we will see.

Er..........................How 'bout you just forget this whole hair-brained "opinion suicide" and just accept that people have different opinions then yours........
Grr. It would've worked if this was an objective matter... It's funny, really. Often people might say "your opinion is wrong and here's why", but here I am saying "my opinion is wrong, now tell me why".

Grr. It would've worked if this was an objective matter... It's funny, really. Often people might say "your opinion is wrong and here's why", but here I am saying "my opinion is wrong, now tell me why".

But your opinion isn't wrong. It's just what you prefer.

Unless your ideals are far removed from what the series should be, nobody can call your opinion wrong, regarding Sonic I mean.

It's a fucking video game guys.

Let's not make this into a bigger issue than it has to be. Seriously sick of coming into this forum and seeing drama everywhere.

You're missing something.

It's a SONIC game. There has to be drama and exaggerated issues.

• Thumbs Up 1