Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Wow......a  new Wii U and 3DS Exclusive Sonic game to play? Welp, that makes me want to save up a lot of dosh (known as money) on the game and a Wii U system later this year. I'm excited! XD

Just realized, this may mean Knuckles isn't in the game after all. :c

Damn, I can't be the only one who is sick and tired of playing as Sonic and Sonic only. .__. And only Sonic, Tails and Eggman stories. It's getting old now, I want something new!

• Thumbs Up 3

From Nintendo Europe:

“We're delighted to be forming this new partnership with SEGA, and bringing new games in the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise to Nintendo systems,” said Laurent Fischer, Managing Director of European Marketing and PR at Nintendo of Europe. “We hope fans are as excited as we are when more details will be shown closer to E3."

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2013/May/Nintendo-announces-exclusive-partnership-with-SEGA-for-upcoming-Sonic-the-Hedgehog-games-757496.html

Looks like it's a multi game deal. 

And that's just what people get for assuming the game's title had anything to do with SA1....

And just like that, expectations are being shattered.

Let's see, so far I see; criticisms about looking too much like Mario, only Sonic & Tails so far, announced in May....Its like Deja Vu to 2010.

So yea, Imma just drop out till something meaningful shows up.

To quote Gavvie from the other thread;

EDIT: Courtesy of Eurogamer, it seems that this exclusive partnership means the next THREE Sonic games are exclusive on either Wii U, 3DS, or both.

The first two games are the ones we've heard about today - Sonic: Lost World & M&S Sochi 2014. The third title will be revealed at a later date.

So there will only be one more Nintendo exclusive Sonic game, and I'm guessing it'll be 2016 Olympics. you guys worry too much.

Screw Knuckles, this game looks good enough without him already!   :P
what did you say sonny knuckles makes anything better
  • Thumbs Up 1

You know looking at the shapes of those little islands... they look kind of... game map-y. SMW style overworld? 

It's what I thought. However given they look the same and there are so many, it could be that this game will be a bit more adventorous and strategic with a different progression? 

Can't see how people are thinking Sonic is being Ninty-exclusive now.

Sonic 06 = PS3, 360.

Storybooks = Wii

Unleashed (the version with more attention) = PS3, 360

Colours = Wii

Generations = PS3, 360

Lost World = Wii U

Sounds right enough to not make Sonic Nintendo-only.

Iwata knows SHIT about climat in Russia.

"In Russia it's cold"

FUCK NO!!! Russia is a HUGE country, having the biggest territory in the world! Why is he so ignorant?

Yes because Winter Olympics don't have snow.

• Thumbs Up 4

Still not buying a Wii U.

Niether am I. Glad the 3DS is getting some love

And just like that, expectations are being shattered.

Let's see, so far I see; criticisms about looking too much like Mario, only Sonic & Tails so far, announced in May....Its like Deja Vu to 2010.

So yea, Imma just drop out till something meaningful shows up.

Don't forget Nintendo exclusive.

Sonic Colors vibes? Sweet, ill take it.

Can't see how people are thinking Sonic is being Ninty-exclusive now.

Sonic 06 = PS3, 360.

Storybooks = Wii

Unleashed (the version with more attention) = PS3, 360

Colours = Wii

Generations = PS3, 360

Lost World = Wii U

Sounds right enough to not make Sonic Nintendo-only.

you forgot rush and advanced games

• Thumbs Up 1

It's what I thought. However given they look the same and there are so many, it could be that this game will be a bit more adventorous and strategic with a different progression? 

Yeah! the only thing is it seems kind of hard to trace a sensible path through the world, presuming that the game is taking the stereotypical videogame stage order and starting in islands, finishing up at the grim black volcano.

But, Sochi has not cold, guys. 

Cold in Vorkuta, I live in Vorkuta and now so much snow! :3 

• Thumbs Up 4

you forgot rush and advanced games

They're handhelds. I'm only counting the consoles here. Besides, we still got Rivals if you really want to be picky. Plus, the DS was the more popular system at the time, and the GBA, if I recall correctly, was the only handheld everyone had in its generation.

I finally have another good reason to buy a Wii U besides Bayo 2 and W101 when it drops in price.

The fact that SEGA is in financial trouble also must have helped this happen. Making PS4 games is expensive so they go for the Wii-U, since its a level of hardware technology they are familiar with, and it's cheaper.

I know its kinda out of nowhere but what if this partnership maybe hints(not the right word.) that Sonic will be in the new Smash Bros game? Just maybe....??

Edited by frokenok3

Yeah! the only thing is it seems kind of hard to trace a sensible path through the world, presuming that the game is taking the stereotypical videogame stage order and starting in islands, finishing up at the grim black volcano.

This game could do it totally different. Like not even have simple A to B stage progression, and drawing your own path. Like Sonic games before it - I'm sure if this will have some kind of hook.

The fact that SEGA is in financial trouble also must have helped this happen. Making PS4 games is expensive so they go for the Wii-U, since its a level of hardware technology they are familiar with, and it's cheaper.

Sonic games are not the financial problems of Sega.

Microsoft and Sony won't miss out on Sonic games...however 2014 might be the time they get their stuff?

Edited by ChikaBoing

I know its kinda out of nowhere what this partnership maybe hints(not the right word.) that Sonic will be in the new Smash Bros game? Just maybe....??

Yeah I think that's far more likely now too.