Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Man idk bout you guys but my grades are already sinking, like I have 3 F's already, when October 22nd comes im gonna have F's left & right. Good thing I start off with an A+ every new semester..

Anyway I find it ironic Sonic Lost World comes out before Halloween, the Zeti are pretty much demonic after all.

• Thumbs Up 2

Man idk bout you guys but my grades are already sinking, like I have 3 F's already, when October 22nd comes im gonna have F's left & right. Good thing I start off with an A+ every new semester..

Anyway I find it ironic Sonic Lost World comes out before Halloween, the Zeti are pretty much demonic after all.

I do feel bad for you some. I am waiting for the game come out as well while I focus on college work. The odd thing is, I have good grades so far due to studying.

Edited by Zor

As much I do feel bad for you guys, we need to get back on topic about SLW.

Right.. How do you guy feel about the direction sega decided to take with the gameplay stye for this title? I personally like it a lot, I think it's a nice change from pervious titles. I'm very interested on how it will feel actually playing the game. :)

Right.. How do you guy feel about the direction sega decided to take with the gameplay stye for this title? I personally like it a lot, I think it's a nice change from pervious titles. I'm very interested on how it will feel actually playing the game. smile.png

I like the direction this is going personally. I can see myself having fun with the game when it comes out. I just hope the new direction offers good challenge.

Edited by Zor

The new direction is great, I like the fact that they brought back the Spindash & Peel Out, Not gonna lie I got tired of boosting to win..

Either way I hope the game is hard & gives you an equal sense of speed, I like all the platforming but I kinda wanna just speed through & explore, sucks the Spindash just throws you forward pretty much =/

The new direction is great, I like the fact that they brought back the Spindash & Peel Out, Not gonna lie I got tired of boosting to win..

Either way I hope the game is hard & gives you an equal sense of speed, I like all the platforming but I kinda wanna just speed through & explore, sucks the Spindash just throws you forward pretty much =/

Spin dash and peel out for the win.

And though I understand where you are coming from, I liked the boost gameplay formula, and I wasn't tired of it yet. However, in several ways, I understand that the boost gameplay had its flaws, and in some ways, it was a bit too easy. That is why I think that it is good that they are moving on from the boost gameplay, starting something new at all. Still, I hope Sonic Lost World does have a good sense of speed in its levels.

Spin dash and peel out for the win.

And though I understand where you are coming from, I liked the boost gameplay formula, and I wasn't tired of it yet. However, in several ways, I understand that the boost gameplay had its flaws, and in some ways, it was a bit too easy. That is why I think that it is good that they are moving on from the boost gameplay, starting something new at all. Still, I hope Sonic Lost World does have a good sense of speed in its levels.

Yea i mean, the boost was a great skill that I liked but I kind of got bored of using it, good thing they brought back dat Spindash. So far this game takes the skills in a pretty new direction compared to Unleashed, Gen, Colors. The Parkour is pretty nice, its a pretty straightforward formula, like you how back then you crash into a wall & now you can run up it with skill. Back then running on walls was limited to "Wall Running Sections" so im glad they through that into another Direction & made a completely new formula based off that.

Speeking of new skills & shit, the Wisps are epic as hell. Like their supposed to be in every Sonic game from now on that they fit in which is pretty cool. I actually made a couple wisps of my own like, Amytheyst Frost & Turqoise Orca XD.

Edited by Zazz

Right.. How do you guy feel about the direction sega decided to take with the gameplay stye for this title? I personally like it a lot, I think it's a nice change from pervious titles. I'm very interested on how it will feel actually playing the game. smile.png

The gameplay has really been growing on me so far, especially seeing as it's going to give the player much more control again. It looks to be bringing back the best of SA1 and 2's gameplay while adding new stuff in the process, which I like. I hope the parkour system feels as intuitive as it looks.

However, the idea of a "run button" really bothered me at first (and it still does a little bit), since I had no problem with just "D-pad/control stick = go" in the past. I'll wait to play the game before I judge, though.

Yea i mean, the boost was a great skill that I liked but I kind of got bored of using it, good thing they brought back dat Spindash. So far this game takes the skills in a pretty new direction compared to Unleashed, Gen, Colors. The Parkour is pretty nice, its a pretty straightforward formula, like you how back then you crash into a wall & now you can run up it with skill. Back then running on walls was limited to "Wall Running Sections" so im glad they through that into another Direction & made a completely new formula based off that.

Speeking of new skills & shit, the Wisps are epic as hell. Like their supposed to be in every Sonic game from now on that they fit in which is pretty cool. I actually made a couple wisps of my own like, Amytheyst Frost & Turqoise Orca XD.

I understand where you are coming from. While I liked the boost, it did seem to make a lack of challenge. Also, I agree with most (or all) of what you said. Heck! Reading some of the things you said makes me feel like I'll like this form of gameplay more than the boost! Heh heh! The parkour feature is also a nice touch as well, though you may have already known that.

I also agree about the Wisps being epic. I loved them in Colors. However, I would at least like to see Sega come up with a reason as to why they are in a game in a world other than Planet Wisp this time around.

Of all the zones we've seen gameplay of I have to say Silent Forest is definitely looking to be my favourite. It just looks so much fun to play.

• Thumbs Up 5

Luigi, the legend of parkour approves sonic's parkour.

So do I. Almost a month away!!!

Man each month Agood game has come out.
August: Pikmin 3
September: Rayman Legends/ GTA5
October: Sonic Lost World
November: Super Mario 3D World
December: Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

Edited by jordine
  • Thumbs Up 1

The direction really does look to give you control again.

And as already stated, it seems to take them best of SA1 and SA2 and fuses the control scheme together.

I'm pretty sure the speed is there. It's just that watching the gameplay after coming off the boost era games makes it look slower. Well, that's my guess.

One little thing.

We've got the Red Star Rings, and we've got animal collecting. Do any of you think that maybe a teaser for the third game might be hidden within Lost World, locked behind the collectibles?

A preview of some sort for the third exclusive?...That would be a pretty cool easter egg, actually.

Personally I'm hoping for bonus stages for completing the game 100%, but a preview of the exclusive would be a fitting reward if you beat those bonus Zones. My ideal bonus Zones would be hard as hell, because why the heck not?

Also, I'm really starting to think that you'll need to fight each member of the Deadly Six more than once, not just Zavok. Especially after watching GameXplain's analysis of the boss trailer. Either that or the bosses have vastly different phases that go to different locations...and with different times of day...which would be odd, but hey, what about this game isn't odd?

Edited by Celestia

I do feel bad for you some. I am waiting for the game come out as well while I focus on college work. The odd thing is, I have good grades so far due to studying.

Well, this is my first year in college, and I'm doing pretty fine as well. My only problem is that there's no Gamestop in the area. I'm hoping for all sakes that the Deadly Six Edition will be available at Walmart!

You could order them on Amazon or some other online retail outlet and have your games delivered. That's how I do most everything now since I don't have a car. 

Edited by Indigo Rush

So, I haven't been up on the art news, but have they finally released a bigger version of this image yet?

LostWorldEggmanthumbnail.jpg

Because I'm dying to splice it with the Waluigi image to make a new avatar.

When are the English & Japenese Sonic Lost World websites gonna get updated =O

Edited by Zazz

Well, this is my first year in college, and I'm doing pretty fine as well. My only problem is that there's no Gamestop in the area. I'm hoping for all sakes that the Deadly Six Edition will be available at Walmart!

It's my first year as well, and it looks like I'm only gonna be able to afford the 3ds version.

Meh, feel for you guys in college, im still in High School & im 14 soo.. my moms getting me the 3DS version. When this game finnaly comes out im gonna be playing all day long, get every Red Star Ring, & just have fun. Idk bout the Red Star Rings, they look hard to find compared to Colors.

Meh, feel for you guys in college, im still in High School & im 14 soo.. my moms getting me the 3DS version. When this game finnaly comes out im gonna be playing all day long, get every Red Star Ring, & just have fun. Idk bout the Red Star Rings, they look hard to find compared to Colors.

Yeah it seems like they'll be a lot harder this time since you can't exactly see every side/angle of the tube in stages like Windy Hill so you'll have to play the stage a lot. Either that or just spend a lot of time in each stage.