Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

The chances of the Six showing up again are basically zero whether or not they turn good.

How so?

And Iizuka did mention that if they can find more to do with them, he has no problem bringing them back.

• Thumbs Up 2

^Not to disagree, but most weren't real happy when it was revealed the Wisps were back.

EDIT: Personally I'm neutral on if they (Deadly Six) come back. If they do, fine, but if they don't, ah well. I can't help but think that if they were to be reoccurring antagonists, they need to be more than just 'we're territorial and don't fuck with us!' like they've shown to be so far. But hey, that's just me making an assumption before we know how the plot will lay out and then we'll see if there's a future for these guys.

Edited by DarkLight

How so?

As much as this series has a reputation for carrying along a huge cast, there's also been plenty of one-shot characters. I don't expect they'll find much use for a group of six from some planetoid who knows where in future games, unless they do a direct sequel, which they most likely won't.

And Iizuka did mention that if they can find more to do with them, he has no problem bringing them back.

That doesn't mean their chances aren't basically zero. It's just standard noncommittal ass-covering.

As much as this series has a reputation for carrying along a huge cast, there's also been plenty of one-shot characters. I don't expect they'll find much use for a group of six from some planetoid who knows where in future games, unless they do a direct sequel, which they most likely won't.

Its not really close to zero because its already established this takes place near Sonic's world, their chances of being one-shots and their chances at being recurring aren't really set in stone yet and there's really nothing suggesting that they can't come back after this game either.

That said, I am warming up to them with every bit of dialogue we get, but I'll hold judgment until I see the final product.

Edited by Azure Yakuzu

I don't see them coming back at all unless we get some deeper motives beyond them being a bunch of dicks who don't like people trespassing on their property, or a background for Lost Hex that justifies its future return.

• Thumbs Up 1

From what I can tell, this is going to be a preview that shows what happens before the intro of the game. As evidenced by the "Sonic's world now" which has the Tornado chasing Eggman which results in (I guess) the Tornado getting damaged as seen in the Gamescom trailer. I'm really interested in what else happens before Lost World actually starts. And GOD I hope that they don't do the whole turn good from bad thing because that's GETTING REALLY OLD.
Besides shadow when has that happened?

I don't see them coming back at all unless we get some deeper motives beyond them being a bunch of dicks who don't like people trespassing on their property, or a background for Lost Hex that justifies its future return.

Speaking of which, you think we'll get any background info on Lost Hex at all if we haven't already?

They're not likely to break up a group and only use one or two of its characters in a future game. They're not likely to try juggling all six of them along with whatever other characters are involved in a future game, unless it's immediately related to them. They aren't likely to make another game related to them because they flit from one new idea to the next instead of building on existing material. Plus they're still going light on recurring characters, and if we're hoping for them to recur as villains that makes their chances even less.

If they were standard villains I'd say they have alright chances of returning, but the setting and the nature of the characters (or what we've seen of it so far at least) just doesn't allow for it to plausibly happen. Which is kind of a shame, since from what we've seen of them I'm actually really liking the characters.

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst

I'd love to see the deadly six be returning villains as much as I love eggman I think the only returning villain in this series is eggman Nega besides that I'd actually like to see sonic have enemies that aren't humans

In my honest opinion the best villain you could think of (besides Eggman) is Metal Sonic. He's a PERFECT enemy for Sonic. Other than that there's Eggman Negas as well (if you don't min him being such an obvious recolor).

• Thumbs Up 1

In my honest opinion the best villain you could think of (besides Eggman) is Metal Sonic. He's a PERFECT enemy for Sonic. Other than that there's Eggman Negas as well (if you don't min him being such an obvious recolor).

But Metal Sonic is a subordinate of Eggman, so he's kind of an extension of him in that regard. 

I think The Deadly Six should stay villains and appear in future games. They could be against Eggman, but against Sonic too.

But the difference between nega and eggman is nega laughs in a cruel and cold hearted way

I'm not holding my breath to be honest, SEGA always make one shot bad guys.... Black Doom, Mephiles, Captain Whiskers/Johnny, Erazor Djhin, King Arthur, Dark Gaia etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

If the Deadly Six are to become good guys at the end of the game, they can't call themselves the Deadly Six anymore...

They'll be, and God forbid...

THE FRIENDLY SIX

*Shudders*

I hope they stay bad.

Edited by The Eleventh Doctor
  • Thumbs Up 4

But the difference between nega and eggman is nega laughs in a cruel and cold hearted way

..which makes him more of an actual villain, no?:) Having a rival for Eggman himself would be awesome. That's why the Rush games duo stories were so great!

But Metal Sonic is a subordinate of Eggman, so he's kind of an extension of him in that regard.

Sonic 4 Episode 2, Sonic CD. He was Eggman's right hand but he was still the villain which appeared quite often. Also, Heroes but people don't like how Metal is portrayed in that game.

However they seem to be putting a lot of attention and emphasis into the D6 and trying to pass them off as the new bad guys, who knows, SEGA could deliver with potentially NEW recurring bad guys for the series?

I'm not holding my breath to be honest, SEGA always make one shot bad guys.... Black Doom, Mephiles, Captain Whiskers/Johnny, Erazor Djhin, King Arthur, Dark Gaia etc.

To be fair, Black Doom got space lasered, Mephiles was wiped from existance, Whiskers and Johnny are presumed dead (but they really need to come back) but even then are stuck in the Sol Dimension which has yet to be revisited, Erazor is trapped in a lamp and a storybook, I forgot what even happened to Arthur and if he was just Merlina's puppet or what but he's still kinda stuck in a book, and Dark Gaia is kinda sleeping at the planet's center for another million years or so. As long as the Deadly Six don't die, their chances of returning are a lot stronger.

Though honestly, the Deadly Six probably won't come back unless the Lost Hex is either destroyed, thus forcing the 6 to evacuate down to Sonic's World, or remains in the planet's airspace, thus leaving room for potential visits or havoc to be brought down on the surface dwellers. Plus, since the Deadly Six are getting such heavy emphasis this time around, their chances might be a bit stronger than the usual one-off characters.

Also, the idea of the Six possibly going down to the planet's surface and disbanding as a team does sound like a neat little thing they could do. It'd allow for each of them to go down their own little paths, so maybe characters like Zazz and Zeena could resort to lives of crime, or Zomom could go out and make a multi-million dollar sandwich industry (after heavy funding to get Cucumber Sandwiches on the menu). It could really help flesh out each of the characters in their own little ways, and having little segments in later games where they cross paths and judge each other for what they've became could also be pretty cool to see play out.

Edited by Panda Cero

oh wow a different laugh that totally justifies this guy's continued existance as a seperate character and not just simply adding those traits to eggman

I really want these guys to be recurring bad guys because of how imbalanced the hero to villain ratio is, especially when one takes into consideration that the only two non-Eggman recurring bad guys are a subordinate and repaint of Eggman anyway.

But I suppose if the Deadly Six is shown to be a term that isn't made up by Eggman, they'd still be bad guys....

To be fair, Black Doom got space lasered, Mephiles was wiped from existance, Whiskers and Johnny are presumed dead (but they really need to come back) but even then are stuck in the Sol Dimension which has yet to be revisited, Erazor is trapped in a lamp and a storybook, I forgot what even happened to Arthur and if he was just Merlina's puppet or what but he's still kinda stuck in a book, and Dark Gaia is kinda sleeping at the planet's center for another million years or so. As long as the Deadly Six don't die, their chances of returning are a lot stronger.

Though honestly, the Deadly Six probably won't come back unless the Lost Hex is either destroyed, thus forcing the 6 to evacuate down to Sonic's World, or remains in the planet's airspace, thus leaving room for potential visits or havoc to be brought down on the surface dwellers. Plus, since the Deadly Six are getting such heavy emphasis this time around, their chances might be a bit stronger than the usual one-off characters.

Also, the idea of the Six possibly going down to the planet's surface and disbanding as a team does sound like a neat little thing they could do. It'd allow for each of them to go down their own little paths, so maybe characters like Zazz and Zeena could resort to lives of crime, or Zomom could go out and make a multi-million dollar sandwich industry (after heavy funding to get Cucumber Sandwiches on the menu). It could really help flesh out each of the characters in their own little ways, and having little segments in later games where they cross paths and judge each other for what they've became could also be pretty cool to see play out.

And Zor forms a rock band where all the members are just his shadow clones? And Zik opens a dojo? And Zavok would...

Uh...

You know, now I think about it, there really doesn't seem to be much characterisation for Zavok other than "the leader."

I'd see Zavok either going the berserker route and try to level Sonic's World and make it his own, even if he has to do it by himself, or he could take a bit of a nomadic route, traveling the world to see everything it has to offer and fighting the greatest warriors across the globe to hone his strengths. Though, I guess a combination of the two where his berserkerness only pops out when he feels its the right time to strike could also work. 

• Thumbs Up 2

an ending where sonic fights with zavok and/or the deadly six, and by some means they fall down to earth, where sonic would make a snarky remark and run off as they lie on the ground, would be okay in my book, if not kind of generic. it would be a lot better than THOSE GUYS YOU FOUGHT BEFORE ON ANOTHER HIDDEN PLANET ARE BACK FOR SOME REASON GO FIGHT THEM AGAIN

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst