Awoo.

Sega 2013 "We release awesome games and tell nobody!"; " READ POST 498

Badnik Mechanic

So when is Bayo 2 releasing?

Seems like it was in early development stages when they first announced it, as they couldn't show gameplay yet back in January. I think Nintendo might give us a better estimate of when it'll come out at E3 2013, but we'll see.

Yeah, I don't doubt that SEGA is making some money on Bayonetta 2, but given the level of publicity they give for games they publish themselves, I see very little effort going into marketing a game that they aren't publishing at all. Maybe a few blog posts? Nintendo appears to be handeling the YouTube trailers.

It's such a shame. I remember being so hyped up about Bayo' because it was this incredible new SEGA game, even if not actually made by them or one of their teams.  Now that SEGA's name is just up there for legal reasons and nothing else it's a bit disappointing to me as a SEGA fan, you know?

And I just realised the colour schemes of the Bayonetta herself are backwards. In the SEGA game she was adorned in red, and now in the Nintendo one she's blue. lol

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 4

It's such a shame. I remember being so hyped up about Bayo' because it was this incredible new SEGA game, even if not actually made by them or one of their teams.  Now that SEGA's name is just up there for legal reasons and nothing else it's a bit disappointing to me as a SEGA fan, you know?

And I just realised the colour schemes of the Bayonetta herself are backwards. In the SEGA game she was adorned in red, and now in the Nintendo one she's blue. lol

Yeah and this also means no more Sega homages.

Also I hope Nintendo restrain the developers too much, I mean Bayonetta is supposed to be a violent and "sexual", it's part of it's identity and I don't want the game to suffer from it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh I doubt they will. Nintendo wanted to reach out the the audiences it let go last gen with the Wii, and Bayo' 2 is one of the ways they're doing that. If the SEGA references are all gone, then they'll probably be replaced by Nintendo ones.

Yeah that makes sense, still I'm a little worried.

And I guess some Nintendo references are welcome. But what about Eggman?biggrin.png

Oh I doubt they will. Nintendo wanted to reach out the the audiences it let go last gen with the Wii, and Bayo' 2 is one of the ways they're doing that. If the SEGA references are all gone, then they'll probably be replaced by Nintendo ones.

I heard the Sega references were in their was because Kayima was a big fan of Sega's Arcade stuff-

I found some NEW information regarding SEGA and Sonic.

First, this:

http://www.trademarkia.com/sega-alliance-79128037.html

There were already some reports that Lumberjack Yard itself was just an experiment towards SEGA's new 3rd party platform and that they were forming a new publishing division limited only to Digital,mobile and downloadable content.

Now these two should catch your attention:

http://www.trademarkia.com/tails-adventure-79127213.html

Not only are we aware the game is getting re-released on 3DS eShop soon, but this opens up possibility of a mobile phone release,re-make and even sequel.

Now, this is the one you guys are going to pay attention to:

http://www.trademarkia.com/sonic-sports-79119036.html

Sonic Athletics was just the tip of the iceberg, sounds like SEGA's planning a sports game as well for Arcades.

First, this:

There were already some reports that Lumberjack Yard itself was just an experiment towards SEGA's new 3rd party platform and that they were forming a new publishing division limited only to Digital,mobile and downloadable content.

Not only are we aware the game is getting re-released on 3DS eShop soon, but this opens up possibility of a mobile phone release,re-make and even sequel.

Sonic Athletics was just the tip of the iceberg, sounds like SEGA's planning a sports game as well for Arcades.

The Sonic Sports brand has been around for a while buddy.

sega-sonic-sports-all-stars-air-hockey-t

Also I wouldn't call it new information since we already knew about everything you posted.

The Sonic Sports brand has been around for a while buddy.

sega-sonic-sports-all-stars-air-hockey-t

Also I wouldn't call it new information since we already knew about everything you posted.

That's just an Air Hockey table and is counted as a redemption machine. I'm talking about an actual Arcade game. 

Edited by RE2010

First, this:

That isn't new information.

Jack Lumber, which was released last year was released under this brand, Sega Alliance is Sega's way of getting indi/less big developers to release games.

Re-Make and a sequel? How does this confirm that?

As for the phone thing, extremely doubtful, more than likely a mistake, much like how the listing for triple trouble claims CDRom. 

No it doesn't. Just look at the date of the thing, it's getting on for nearly a year old.

The trademark covers any coin opperated arcade game that they might want to publish under the Sonic Sports logo, however there is nothing to say that they're making an arcade game at all.

It's not new information and more than likely applies to the hockey table, the basketball game, the new UFO catcher anything else that Sega Amusements dream up.

That's just an Air Hockey table and is counted as a redemption machine. I'm talking about an actual Arcade game. 

Considering hockey tables are usually found in arcades I'm pretty sure this is. The only reason why those labels are attached is because they have to cover their butts just in case they actually do release something and it's in the same category.

Again nowhere does it confirm that they are releasing an arcade game.

Considering hockey tables are usually found in arcades I'm pretty sure this is. The only reason why those labels are attached is because they have to cover their butts just in case they actually do release something and it's in the same category.

Again nowhere does it confirm that they are releasing an arcade game.

Its a possibility. It doesn't just count as redemption machines. It could apply to "video amusement" arcade games.

And when did I say that there was a Sonic Sports arcade game? I said it sounds like Sega is planning one.

That isn't new information.

Jack Lumber, which was released last year was released under this brand, Sega Alliance is Sega's way of getting indi/less big developers to release games.

Re-Make and a sequel? How does this confirm that?

As for the phone thing, extremely doubtful, more than likely a mistake, much like how the listing for triple trouble claims CDRom. 

No it doesn't. Just look at the date of the thing, it's getting on for nearly a year old.

The trademark covers any coin opperated arcade game that they might want to publish under the Sonic Sports logo, however there is nothing to say that they're making an arcade game at all.

It's not new information and more than likely applies to the hockey table, the basketball game, the new UFO catcher anything else that Sega Amusements dream up.

Why would Sega not re release Tails Adventure to mobile and iOS? From a marketing standpoint, its completely logical. And as for a remake, why would that  not be possible? I was asking that if this meant if they were considering a remake or a sequel.

As for Sega Alliance, indie-wise. We've heard nothing from them. The Lumberjack Yard experiment came and went. There's also the matter of Sega Networks, there's still a US and UK division to be had.

Edited by RE2010

And when did I say that there was a Sonic Sports arcade game? I said it sounds like Sega is planning one.

Well, if we use common sense, if you say that Sega is planning to make a Sonic Sports arcade game, then you are saying there is going to be a Sonic Sports arcade game. All I'm arguing is that there's no proof that they are planning on making one.

Well, if we use common sense, if you say that Sega is planning to make a Sonic Sports arcade game, then you are saying there is going to be a Sonic Sports arcade game. All I'm arguing is that there's no proof that they are planning on making one.

"Sonic Athletics was just the tip of the iceberg, sounds like Sega's planning a sports game as well".

Emphasis on the word "Sounds like" meaning, it appears that way, not that they really are.

It sounds like its very very disputed when it comes to any speculation here. People's are taken out of context and words are put into their mouth.Any time you post some form of info on speculation, your automatically accused of claiming its real.

Edited by RE2010
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Sonic Athletics was just the tip of the iceberg, sounds like Sega's planning a sports game as well".

Emphasis on the word "Sounds like" meaning, it appears that way, not that they really are.

It sounds like its very very disputed when it comes to any speculation here. People's are taken out of context and words are put into their mouth.Any time you post some form of info on speculation, your automatically accused of claiming its real.

It is not that we take speculation bad around here, but there's good speculation based on evidence and then there's bad speculation based on misunderstandings. For example, when me, Hogfather or anyone else tries to give you the facts and explain them, you have the tendency to ignore us and go with your reasoning even though it's wrong.

Case in point, the Sonic Sports brand. From what I remember, we know about it since 2009 and it was explained what it was. You come here saying it is new information, I tell you is not and you keep on going.

The same goes with what Hogfather told you. Again, we love speculation, but only when it's actually backed by something reliable.

Yeah and this also means no more Sega homages.

Also I hope Nintendo restrain the developers too much, I mean Bayonetta is supposed to be a violent and "sexual", it's part of it's identity and I don't want the game to suffer from it. 

People still worry about this? This is the company that told complainers to screw when MadWorld was released on their console.

Hardlight will be at the Back Space festival at Lemington Spa.

Backspace-Lineup.jpg

Unrelated information to anything right now but Ubisoft's FY revealed the top 20 most selling franchises within the last 8 years in the industry. Guess who slipped on the 20th spot.

capture2gckzu.png

• Thumbs Up 5

Well that's disheartening--....

Why are Mario and Mario Kart counted as separate franchises?

• Thumbs Up 8

Well that's disheartening--....

What? If anything this is spectacular news.

Very happy for Sega

• Thumbs Up 3

I wonder how many of those sales came from the fanbase, as opposed to mainstream crowds? If they were on board as well then the franchise would probably be higher, but being on the list at all is pretty neat.

I wonder how many of those sales came from the fanbase, as opposed to mainstream crowds? If they were on board as well then the franchise would probably be higher, but being on the list at all is pretty neat.

A minority by the fanbase for sure...

Sonic is just a really appealing character.

• Thumbs Up 1