Awoo.

Sega 2013 "We release awesome games and tell nobody!"; " READ POST 498

Badnik Mechanic

I knew that Colonial Marines would sell a little bit on its license alone... but a million + is disgusting.
It dang near outsold Transformed.

• Thumbs Up 2

NeoGAF recently found out SEGA's fiscal report:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=556054

-ASRT sold 1.36M, Colonial Marines 1.31M, Yakuza 5 590k

-SEGA acquired Relic

-Total packaged Retail sold 10.78M, 4.2M in US, 4.42M in Europe, 2.14M in Japan

-Phantasy Star Online has 2.5M users

capture2nrp2i.png

42 new titles coming along the year...

I wonder if they're counting the titles that haven't reached yet the West.

• Thumbs Up 1

I knew that Colonial Marines would sell a little bit on its license alone... but a million + is disgusting.

It dang near outsold Transformed.

I'm honestly shocked Transformed sold better than it.

Buyer tastes are usually much worse than this.

I'm honestly shocked Transformed sold better than it.

Buyer tastes are usually much worse than this.

Actually, bear in mind that ASRT has been on the market for 6 months, and A:CM has only been around for three.

• Thumbs Up 1

True, but afaik Aliens is either out of the charts or is on its way out, and Transformed has been coming back in to charts occasionally.

Actually, bear in mind that ASRT has been on the market for 6 months, and A:CM has only been around for three.

Also, S&ASRT is on more platforms.

Interesting. 7 new titles for the next fiscal year are set to be on Wii U, with three of them launching this first half. Wonder what they have cooking.

As much as i think that half the sales of ACM should be in Transformed, i am relieved that at least it was Sega's best performer.

On other news SEGA seems to made profit 33.7 billion yen and they have great expectations for the next annual profit.

47 billion yen to be exact.

Also about al those Wii U titles and 3ds. One could potentially say its Bayonetta 2 i guess(doesn't really matter) but i think we gonna see some digital stuff + the main Sonic  title along with an Olympic game i suppose.

I just wish Iwata-san would come out during a direct and say. Hello everyone today i have great news for another game collaboration. Take a look. *bows* BOOM Sonic and Mario platformer/adventure game.

Interesting. 7 new titles for the next fiscal year are set to be on Wii U, with three of them launching this first half. Wonder what they have cooking.

I didn't notice that. Crazy that WiiU and PS3 are gettin the same amount.

I kinda doubt Bayonetta will make fiscal 13 though. Maybe one of em is Mario & Sonic? And maybe the WiiU will get Castle of Illusion afterall, unless it doesn't include digital games in which case I'm curious about what's happening with Virtual Console and the like.

Lookin forward to seeing their support, considering I've been feelin pretty pessimistic about SEGA's WiiU support.

I don't really see much of a reason to doubt Bayonetta 2 coming this fiscal year.

I didn't notice that. Crazy that WiiU and PS3 are gettin the same amount.

I kinda doubt Bayonetta will make fiscal 13 though. Maybe one of em is Mario & Sonic? And maybe the WiiU will get Castle of Illusion afterall, unless it doesn't include digital games in which case I'm curious about what's happening with Virtual Console and the like.

Lookin forward to seeing their support, considering I've been feelin pretty pessimistic about SEGA's WiiU support.

SEGA can sympathise with their situation. 

shieldmonitor.png

• Thumbs Up 2

But "Bayonetta 2" is even considered a SEGA title anymore? Nintendo's who will publish it after all

I don't think Bayonetta 2 counts to their line-up because Nintendo is publishing. Sega is only acting as a parent company for the IP.

That makes sense.

And, I don't think Bayonetta 2 will come in fiscal 13 because we haven't seen footage, all we've been shown is model development which means it's probably quite early. Maybe the rest of 2014, but not before March '14 I don't think.

There's been a lot of proof to support the idea that Bayonetta 2 was in development for quite a while before the switch to Nintendo. A deal of the game had to have been done before that happened, and the reason Platinum went with that short original teaser trailer was because the company wanted to make a callback to the original game reveal.

Fiscal 2013 doesn't seem out of the question, especially since Nintendo said they're going to have a steady stream of titles the second half of their own year.

Transformed sold nearly 1.5 million despite all of the things they "did" to advertise Transformed? That's pretty impressive.

• Thumbs Up 9

Transformed sold nearly 1.5 million despite all of the things they "did" to advertise Transformed? That's pretty impressive.

It's ridiculous how little SEGA did to make the average consumer (i.e, not us) aware of this game when they had a license with Disney to use the flag-ship character from one of the years most popular films. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It's mainly digital content.

NeoGAF recently found out SEGA's fiscal report:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=556054

-ASRT sold 1.36M, Colonial Marines 1.31M, Yakuza 5 590k

-SEGA acquired Relic

-Total packaged Retail sold 10.78M, 4.2M in US, 4.42M in Europe, 2.14M in Japan

-Phantasy Star Online has 2.5M users

By the way, going by Gaf's thread title those are shipped units, not sold ones.

It's mainly digital content.

Sega's focus is almost all on digital content these days. 360 and PS3 are getting the same amount of titles the next FY. What's surprising is that they're balancing the output with the Wii U since not many publishers are putting much stake into the console.

By the way, going by Gaf's thread title those are shipped units, not sold ones.

Companies almost always report on shipped numbers because it generally looks better on them and that's where the bulk of the profit comes from. If there's a discrepancy in the amount of actual sold units and shipped numbers it often reflects in the following reports since suppliers won't obtain more stock until they rid of units they have.

Plus it's easier to run the numbers on their end; and short of an Enter the Matrix-level fiasco (which probably applies to Colonial Marines, actually) there usually isn't that much discrepancy between sold and shipped units anyway for software.

Surely the number would be higher if it included digital releases? SEGA classics and such.

I know the financial report has been discussed already, but wasn't sure if anybody typed out the actual number for upcoming games. So...

As for the future of SEGA, the company forecasts 11 games on PC, 7 on Wii U, 7 on PS3, 6 on 3DS, 5 on Vita, 4 on Xbox 360, and 2 on PSP in the fiscal year ending March 31 2014. 

Here's the article I wrote up too: http://segabits.com/blog/2013/05/10/sega-sammy-sees-fiscal-net-profit-aliens-shipped-1-3m-all-stars-racing-shipped-1-36m/

---

It should be noted that there is sure to be a lot of crossover, and some titles are certain to be Japan exclusive. Interesting that 360 has 4 while PS3 has 7, but my guess is three of the PS3 titles will probably be stuff like Miku and that Football sim: http://www.sakatsuku.com/2013/

I'm also wagering a guess that the 4 360 titles will also appear on PS3 and Wii U, and the three Wii U titles that are not on 360 will be on the Xbox 720 and PS4. 

One of them has got to be the next Sonic game. 6 3DS games is great, hope they're worldwide titles.

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 3

6 games on the 3DS. I guess I can be calm and know that a sonic 3ds adventure is in the works.