Awoo.

Sega 2013 "We release awesome games and tell nobody!"; " READ POST 498

Badnik Mechanic

Knuckles' proeminence is just speculation, for all we know it's a compilation of rare Sonic games

• Thumbs Up 2

Yea, I think people are kind of jumping on a bandwagon here; we have no idea what this game even is, let along if its going to star Knuckles in any way.

• Thumbs Up 3

for all we know it's a compilation of rare Sonic games

Sonic Schoolhouse, the Sonic popcorn machine game and more, all in one disc!

Gooooood....

Edited by Auto
  • Thumbs Up 1

Knuckles' proeminence is just speculation, for all we know it's a compilation of rare Sonic games

Knuckles Chaotix confirmed for re-release?

• Thumbs Up 2

"After twenty years, the games the fanbase demanded! Play as Sonic in a police car as you stop Eggman's road rage in WAKU WAKU SONIC PATROL CAR! And after that, jump into your ship and give chase to Eggman as he escapes with your kidnapped friends in SEGA SONIC COSMO FIGHTER GALAXY PATROL!"

• Thumbs Up 8

"After twenty years, the games the fanbase demanded! Play as Sonic in a police car as you stop Eggman's road rage in WAKU WAKU SONIC PATROL CAR! And after that, jump into your ship and give chase to Eggman as he escapes with your kidnapped friends in SEGA SONIC COSMO FIGHTER GALAXY PATROL!"

well, Sonic arcade(which is good), and Knuckles Chaotix, which also hasnt been ported(well properly at least) arent widely known or released, and that would be cool

Better to have fun and speculate with the evidence at hand than to be at each other's throats since the entire community is a bunch of blood thirsty beasts starved of Sonic news.

..Good point, so I'll just watch the carnage unfold. Should be amusing.

Better to have fun and speculate with the evidence at hand than to be at each other's throats since the entire community is a bunch of blood thirsty beasts starved of Sonic news.

On the other hand, if the hype overinflates, when the news finally come and don't correspond with the masterpiece that has been collectively thought the hangover is going to be bloodier tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 6

On the other hand, if the hype overinflates, when the news finally come and don't correspond with the masterpiece that has been collectively thought the hangover is going to be bloodier tongue.png

Well then that's just their fault for being excited about a Jurassic franchise.

• Thumbs Up 3

Nothing will ever, meet the expectations of a rabid fanbase, that has been so starved of information for such a long time.

• Thumbs Up 9

Nothing will ever, meet the expectations of a rabid fanbase, that has been so starved of information for such a long time.

This. This is why I'm not letting myself get too hyped: It'll just lead to sadness, disappointment and negativity. 

Edited by Generations (Chaos Warp)

Yea, I think people are kind of jumping on a bandwagon here; we have no idea what this game even is, let along if its going to star Knuckles in any way.

But...But...what about Hunnid-P saying he was doing music for a Sonic game? D:

Anyways, if this really is a huge, proper Sonic game like Sonic Unleashed...whoo! Especially if it's got Knuckles. Lots and lots of Knuckles. BUT I'm not hyping this just yet in case I'll be really disappointed once it's revealed. As long as its not a Storybook game and not short as hell though, I'll be satisfied.

Sonic Lost World?

Maybe is a sequel to Generations, about Eggman building a new world inside the white space? Sonic will be alone this time(without his classic self), so Tails and Knuckles will offer him help?

Maybe is something related to dinos? Or a planet, like Colors?

OR.

9 versions of Lost World from SA, each badnik being a boss and a rival :D

• Thumbs Up 2

Actually, I wouldn't mind if this "Sonic Lost World" turns out to be a new Sonic Storybook title. I mean, if Sonic Colors is anything to go by, at least the gameplay likely won't be so cumbersome.

Actually, I wouldn't mind if this "Sonic Lost World" turns out to be a new Sonic Storybook title. I mean, if Sonic Colors is anything to go by, at least the gameplay likely won't be so cumbersome.

Its not exactly going to be spectacular either if that's the logic we're using. And that's all I'm saying on the subject, I'm not going into detail. Deal with it.

Sonic_the_hedgehog_lost_worlds.png

It's gonna be shit.

So I wasn't the only one who thought of the hack...

But I honestly have no idea what this new game is about. I doubt it's gonna be a Jurassic Park crossover, but then again, you never know.

Hehe, that's pretty cool! Was it confirmed that this would update the XBLA and PSN versions of the game? I'd like to give this one a spin. No pun intended.

Dangit BlueBlood, you made me look all silly.

Edited by Indigo Rush

I don't think Lost World being a story book title is a horrible idea. Secret Rings and Black Knight had some of the best art direction, story, and characterization of any console Sonic game between SA2 and Unleashed. The god awful controls were mostly a by-product of being pre-classic controller exclusives on the Wii which is now an outdated console. There's no reason why Sonic's next romp through a fiction-witin-fiction parallel world can't have normal controls if it's on current gen consoles(besides being another shitty Kinect game of course).

• Thumbs Up 1

While I wouldn't mind it if Lost World is a Storybook game, I think at this point in time, when the fans have been starved for information and with the hype that this is starting to generate among people already, if SEGA was to come out and say that this is a Storybook game... the results would NOT be pretty. ;P

But...But...what about Hunnid-P saying he was doing music for a Sonic game? D:

I've looked up his actual quote.

That was apparently from his Youtube page, in response to a fan praising his music; he said they'd get more when he works on the next Sonic game.

For all we know, he was actually just making a joke (as in a "Yeah, when Sega hires me again, like that'll happen" way). Unfortunately sarcasm doesn't carry well over the internet so...

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice
  • Thumbs Up 3

Come on now, we all know that everyone loved the rap songs from SA2. biggrin.png

So...I'm going to assume that an announcement isn't far off now? Correct me if I'm wrong but has Sega ever announced a Sonic game at E3 or have they always announced it just before?

Nick McKenzie- The chap at SEGA who registered soniclostworld.com. So I did a little research and found this info from Moby Games and various pages at Sonic Retro:

Aliens: Colonial Marines (2013), SEGA of America, Inc. Head of Web Design Nick Mckenzie
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (2012), SEGA of America, Inc. Head of Web Design Nick Mckenzie
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (2009), SEGA of America, Inc. Online Services Nick Mckenzie, Ryan O'Rourke, Michael Hewit

Now there's plenty more games I just didn't bother to list, but yeah. This guy works for SEGA and does their web design. Not like incredible info or anything but eh.

It's also worth pointing out that this is unlikely to be "Sonic and the Lost World", or that it's supposed to be spelt "Worlds". Both "www.soniclostworld.com" and "www.soniclostworlds.com" have been registered, but neither "www.sonicandthelostworld.com" or "www.sonicandthelostworlds.com" have been. And then you look at the trademark information and see that it's simply "SONIC LOST WORLD".
lostworldregister.png

For comparison, here are the Storybook trademarks:

storybookregisters.png

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 3

I wonder what mystic civilization/place will be summoned to Sonic's world this time? And watch this have absolutely nothing to do with Knuckles.

• Thumbs Up 4