Awoo.

Yoshi's Woolly World (Available now on the Wii U, 3DS and in my veins! My bloodstream is woolly soft!)

YoshiUnity

No, though we do know Kamek is involved. That said I don't think it'll be anything spectacular. I mean, its a Yoshi game. :P

What are you talking about?  Yoshi stories are excellent and brimming with depth, from the subtle messages about birth control in the first game to the social awareness of Yoshi's New Island in regards to modern imperialism and Middle Eastern relations.  This is a series that speaks volumes to players of all ages about the world around them.  We're all living the human condition, but Yoshi, he's speaking it.

I'm joking of course, but I think the cuteness of the game plots to be spectacular in their own right.

• Thumbs Up 7

Well as long as it's anything above Kirby's Epic Yarn's storytelling I'm happy.

Well as long as it's anything above Kirby's Epic Yarn's storytelling I'm happy.

I want you to look me straight in the face (er, profile pic) and tell me that the narration and story book presentation wasn't cute (and sometimes even funny) in that game, seriously epic yarn may not have a great story in general but it was still pretty neat.

New GameXplain hands-on preview discussion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRFdFC1KhrU

Covers most of the stuff seen in the previous NintendoLife preview, but also contains a few new details - for instance, the story involves Kamek turning the Yarn Yoshis into Wonder Wools (which explains why collecting Wonder Wools gives you new Yoshi designs). Also, you can play independent co-op in the little hub world.

Oh, and you can ride Poochy in any level!

• 2 weeks later...

SO. DAMN. CUTE. <333 Kamek is adorable too, look at 'im with his widdle pin wand awwwww!

Argh, I can't wait until I get my hands on the Yoshi Amiibos so I can hold them and cuddle them all day~

In other news, further amiibo support has been confirmed for the game (the back cover of the box art was leaked) - Yarn Yoshi amiibo will have both read and write functionality, allowing you to spawn a second Yoshi and also save a chosen Yoshi pattern. The normal Yoshi amiibo will just have the read functionality, spawning the second Yoshi. Other amiibo including Mario, Luigi, Peach "and more" will unlock special Yoshi patterns based on those characters.

So this game does have Read/Write compatibility? Interesting.

Sonic amiibo please be compatible, Sonic amiibo please be compatible, Sonic amiibo please be compatible, probably not....

Oh my gosh! I want every single one of them!  So, so, so cute! T_T <3

I think this is the game I'm most excited for this year.

I'm pretty damn sure I've died of cuteness. Let me check my pulse...

Yeah, this game has killed me.

So, how many Yoshi patterns will you be able to unlock by collecting the Wonder Wool in each stage?

Absolutely freaking loads, if this new teaser trailer is anything to go by!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4_JRPhDtiY

Oh mah gawd they are so adorable!

In other news, further amiibo support has been confirmed for the game (the back cover of the box art was leaked) - Yarn Yoshi amiibo will have both read and write functionality, allowing you to spawn a second Yoshi and also save a chosen Yoshi pattern. The normal Yoshi amiibo will just have the read functionality, spawning the second Yoshi. Other amiibo including Mario, Luigi, Peach "and more" will unlock special Yoshi patterns based on those characters.

EDIT: Here's some new artwork and screens! (more here)

Yoshis.

Yoshis EVERYWHERE.

In all seriousness this is adorable!!

I died of cuteness when I saw this video.

Funerals will be held on Monday.

...In all seriousness, that was freaking adorable. Not Sayaka adorable but pretty close.

I don't think I'll be able to handle the cuteness in this game, and I thought Kirby Epic Yarn was bad!

• 2 weeks later...

I think Sonic pattern for Yoshi's Wooly World has been confirmed.

Why does one of the Yoshi's laughs sound like the warlocks from Cloud Temple in Spyro 2?

I think Sonic pattern for Yoshi's Wooly World has been confirmed.

Someone, whoever's got a Sonic Amiibo, get that Yoshi game, and use that amiibo on a yoshi and see what happens!!

This has given me an idea for a new drawing!!

I guess there are some licensing issues with Game Freak?

https://amiiboalerts.com/news/yoshis-woolly-world-compatibility

Mario Party's Toad Amiibo and the Pokemon Amiibo don't work with the game. No Charizard Yoshi for you.

EDIT: Never mind, Toad works! 

Oh, ok, that's good. Nice that Toad works, too.

What about Splatoon?

I guess there are some licensing issues with Game Freak?

Its really weird considering the fact we've got support for SONIC and MEGA MAN in this...

Its really weird considering the fact we've got support for SONIC and MEGA MAN in this...

And Pac-Man. But they were already in MK8 so that might be why? I dunno, it's really weird to me as well and I'm just making baseless assumptions.

• Thumbs Up 1