Awoo.

Yoshi's Woolly World (Available now on the Wii U, 3DS and in my veins! My bloodstream is woolly soft!)

YoshiUnity

This looks cute, and charming, and I'll no doubt pick it up. I guess Yoshi "levels up" in this game when he eats enemies?

I kinda would have preferred a crayon-style but at least this game looks like it's doing something unique from a gameplay perspective. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I love the level that's placed in a living room. It alludes back to the aesthetic choice in Yoshi's Story, with the cardboard boxes and labels and whatnot. I would love to see more of this. Refrigerator level go go go.

I didn't see any Yoshi Egg projectiles, so that's got me concerned a bit. Seems eating enemies just restores health and nothing more.

Edited by Obnoxious Celtic Guardian

As said in the other topic, part of me really hoped to see Yoshi make his debut in a 3D game but this still looks utterly lovely.  It's weird as hell seeing some effects from Epic Yarn being slapped onto a different franchise but I can't say it doesn't suit Yoshi just as well as it suits Kirby.

Now all of a sudden, I want to purchase a Wii U o.o 

I feel the same way. Mario U didn't interest me but Da** did this do it. GRRRRRR.

I gotta say, without Kirby's Epic Yarn, those screens would've been much more magical. Now I'm just like "Meh, it's still beautiful, but I've seen that already...", which is really a shame. But okay, I'm still really excited for this game.

As a huge fan of the original Yoshi's Island, I feel like this is a wasted opportunity. I'm sure I'll love this game but I hope we get a more traditional Yoshi game too, like how Kirby got a traditional game a year after Kirby's Epic Yarn.

• Thumbs Up 2

HYPE HYPE HYPE.

TBH I would have hoped for a return to the style of the original Yoshi's Island art style before anything else, but fuck, beggars can't be choosers. This looks really fucking cool. Wii U is good as bought at this point.

Oh my god this game looks wonderful. It really feels like a spiritual sequel to Kirby's Epic Yarn. And I loved Epic Yarn.

... But it's going to be a Wii U game isn't it? Oh well, maybe one day.

I'm still waiting on a portable Yoshi adventure. At this point I don't care if its a mini game style game or a DK king of swing style game but I'm craving more yoshi on the go other than playing as him in Mario tennis Open, and in Mario kart 7 when I get around to buy it.

I hope I see some egg throwan all up in dis. Also fruits.

BUT YES OMG THIS GAME LOOKS SO ADORABLE/GOOD I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR ANOTHER YOSHI GAME AND THE YARN STYLE FITS YOSHI MUCH MORE THAN KARBY HURFHGHJDF. ALSO IS THIS LIKE YOSHI STORY 2 LOOKS LIKE IT.

I'm sooooooooo hyped. Ninty's upping the game again. 

Edited by Azookara
  • Thumbs Up 1

I will more than likely get this one despite not playing much Yoshi, but man I can't wait for the music. I loved Epic Yarn's soundtrack and I hope this game gets a similar treatment.

• Thumbs Up 1

Controlling egg throwing with the gamepad's screen, maybe? It'd certainly make it far easier than using a control stick to aim.

Though I highly doubt they'll omit the egg throwing aspect of Yoshi. That's what makes Yoshi, Yoshi after all. It'd be like getting rid of Kirby's ability to

oh

• Thumbs Up 9

Yeah, that's my only worry. Then again, Epic Yarn was loved by a lot of people (I never got to play it), so maybe it won't be too bad at all. Will still be kinda sad to go without it though.

So I guess there's going to be a bunch of Yarn games? That's cool, I guess.

I don't really get what made Nintendo think I wanted more of this style tho'.

Edited by Chooch

So I guess there's going to be a bunch of Yarn games? That's cool, I guess.

Technically, Epic Yarn capitalized on the style that Yoshi's Story was more known for. If anything, this is the more logical evolution for this particular franchise.

That and unlike Epic Yarn, not all of this game is yarn based. Just one level in the screenshots shows a 2D patch-style layout.

The fact that people loved Epic Yarn?

Even so, wasn't it massively overshadowed by Return to Dreamland?

The fact that people loved Epic Yarn?

Even so, wasn't it massively overshadowed by Return to Dreamland?

My line of thinking was that people thought Epic Yarn was a far more memorable game that Return to Dreamland (though not necessarily better).

Eh.. I get what you mean about it being in a similar vein to Yoshi's Island in style, but I think the two games have enough stylistic differences that I can refer to them separately.

The game looks good and it looks fun, but this art direction immediately makes me really apprehensive and worry that it won't be enough of a Yoshi game.

• Thumbs Up 1

So

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/28/yoshis-island-surfaces-for-wii-u

Listings for Yoshi's Land for Wii U have surfaced on Best Buy/Future Shop retail sites, including descriptions of the game that read as follows:

"Take Yoshi on an epic adventure to remember in Yoshi Land for Nintendo Wii U. Check out Yoshi as you've never seen him before: in glorious high definition. Enjoy dual-screen control thanks to the Wii U Touchscreen GamePad, while you'll also be able to experience full integration with Nintendo's MiiVerse service."

This is in addition to a strange Miiverse admin 'hack' or glitch last week which also featured a listing for a game of the same name (alongside other titles like 'zombie' and 'resident evils'). At the time it was assumed to be simply a placeholder - but with these listings, perhaps not.

Still, this is not a game that has been announced by Nintendo, nor has the publisher confirmed the existence of a 'Yoshi's Land' for Wii U. We've reached out for comment, and will update this story if and when we hear back.

Guess the rumors were true.

I really love the yarn artstyle. This will probably be my reason to get the wiiU. I don't know if it will stack up to Yoshi Story but the game looks so cute and adorable I may just need insulin for this :) <3

er I mean, GRRR THIS KIDDY SHIT SUX! NO EXPLOSION OR CARS MANLY SHIT GRR!!!

As long as they make a traditional Yoshi game soon after, I can deal with being unable to throw eggs and stuff.