Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Oh look! It's this post again

B2vwm.png

Episode 15: He Makes Pony Music Too

Days go pass and we get closer to S3's air date, how much excitement can we expect in this shorter but by no means less memorable pony season? (If a kind of spoilerish pic i saw here and at EqD is anything to go by... I guess it's safe to assume we will get, at the very least, a reasonable amount of it).

But anyway, today we are going to have some fun times I guess, today's artist is a brony with a very nice voice and a tendency to go and do random sugared induced songs about who is best pony and comments in a Justin Beiber song, today's artist is someone who at his very first update made the very bold claim of being the one who would give Mando Pony a run for his bits (hence the similar playlist title), today's musician in someone who never really got to achieve that (but that might be because there was never any intention of actually doing so)... Silly pony... But still a mighty respectable singer, today we talk about Mysterious Bronie! (yes, it's spelled like that)

01 )

I... Don't feel like this one really fits it's original purpose it had (but then again, I really never enjoyed a rock opera... Still, I don't really feel this one fits so much with the subject in hand and the characters involved), but it's still a pretty badass song so I decided to kickstart the list with it.

This is a style that really surprised the first time I listened to it, being darker and more heavy than what I was used to hear from him... It's not like he doesn't do rock infrequently, it's just that I didn't get to hear that side of him before I decided to go with this list... In fact, today we have a lot more of this genre coming, including the next track.

02 )

I freaking love that voice at the beginning XD

And I can't shake this one is a parody of a song out there... I have the name right in the tip of my fingers but I can't type it.

Anyway, this song is amazing and shows that silly side of MB that you will see a lot in today's post,

03 )

Oh my... That voice again. XD (Apparently, he's called Pitchy and is a creepy Zebra)

I really like the chorus and the instrumentation in this one, best Nightmare Night song I've heard this year so far. And it kind of sounds like something PrinceWhatever would sing, would love to see a cover by him.

04 )

Now with a more Ska-like song! This little piece is based in a fanfic that has somehow managed to avoid me (it's somewhere in my list... Somewhere.. )

Once again, I'm really loving the chorus and instrument of this one, they are made of earworms. Also, I wish he made more songs in this style, maybe he could give Jesse Carlson a run for his bits? =P

05 )

dat grammar

Annd this is something MB does that also Mando did in his time, which is sing personifying a pony, truth to be told this is something that it always pulled me off a bit (mostly because I really like the original voices so hearing something else, especially a male is kind of.. Odd) but I won't discard a good song for that (the next songs also follow this trend).

If anything, I have to recognize that I really love the lyrics in this piece (well, I love most of the lyrics of his songs, I just remembered to mention it now).

Also, yes, I know most of the songs I mentioned so far are kind of rock-ish when I mentioned I didn't know he performed in this style back at the beginning of my post.. This is because I'm dumb (and I didn't really have a lot of tracks from him before I begun with this).

06 )

oohohohohohohoho.. laugh.png

Once again a song where MB impersonates a pony, in this case, Pinkie...

I'm not sure about you guys but this one sounds like a really nice alternative to Smile (except maybe for some lines here and there), I really feel like it manages to capture Pinkie's character and the kind of thing she would sing. (I guess I could say the same about the previous and the next track)

07 )

Woah, I just jumped to the complete opposite time of the day there. XD

As the title indicates this is a lot more relaxing piece compared to what I've been posting so far. Once again, I find myself gladly surprised about how MB can channel a character without really sounding like it at all.

I wish this song were a little longer and it didn't end so abruptly but eh, can't win them all I guess.

08 )

Well, this one is pretty blatant for me to not notice where it comes from XD

AppleDash song? AppleDash song!

Still, those who don't really like the pairing should still get some kicks out of the song, I mean... it's a ponyfied http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbtO_Ayjw0M... That alone should grant a listen at least, right?

09 )

I really like this one (the song that actually introduced me to MB)... I once again must praise the instrumentals but the chorus... Not so much this time... I mean the sound is awesome... But dem lyrics man...

It kind of makes me think of Acoustic-Mando's Long Way To Equestria too.

10 )

Oh man, I freaking love this one...

Beyond being a song about Rarity (and a negative one at that), what catches me about this song is the story and the way it's sung and composed.

It tells the story of someone who tried to get on with best pone a certain mare, but gets rejected since he simply doesn't fir with her dreams and ambitions, the pony in question obviously doesn't like this but still can't get over the mare... And I like the way it's told, it doesn't go insulting the one who pretty much ditched him... It's more told like one of those urban legends, a fable, and that gives the song such a... Mystic air... It tries to describe negatively somepony yet at the same time it elevates him/her status beyond just a simple Equestrian to something else, and that peculiar contrast and mix of emotions is something that I can't do anything but love. (because I don't really remember hearing much lyrics that are composed in such a way)

And that little part at 2:20... chills... chills all over me...

11 ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB33k4SgCzs

This is one of those songs that reminds me that Rainbow Dash is, in fact, a mare... (Not like I needed to be reminded of that... nope!)

It's arguable if it would be in Dash's character to consider to change so other ponies can notice the aforementioned fact... I personally don't really think it's so necessary (despite what I joked about a paragraph ago), I can't really express why right now (words failing me :< )but this isn't really the moment to go discussing about this anyway, so let's keep going.

12 ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ME34JhBgz4

Should I be surprised about the fact there are at least 2 songs about this train?

Should I be surprised that both of them are really good?

This one is a rock piece dedicated to... The train... And the amazingly epic yet terribly ordinary travels you can have on it, and yes, I do feel it's a nice song to listen while you travel.

13 ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVHlMF9DWic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJAs03f6jLU

A more rock-like version of the original, and with MB's voice as an added bonus (arguably, you might like Mathew's voice more)... I actually like the original more but this is a nice cover anyway.

14 ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6u0Y_US7bE

dat grammar

We close this one with a silly piece, and with a very 80'ish rock to boot! Gotta lol at that ragequit at the end. laugh.png

Pretty fun song if you get over the fact that it's about a self insert hitting on the mane 6.

And so, we conclude another episode of The Playlist, where mysteries aren't mysterious at all and we don't require a band of meddling kids to solve it... But hey! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6skaVBzbIM! :V

You might have noticed I was a little quieter than usual while posting this one, and it's because I really like MB, like what happened with that impossible toasting device... I just don't have much to add other than repeat myself over and over again (and I'm well aware this didn't stop me from doing it at some points of the post)... Also, I encourage you to take a look at his channel and listen to some of the things I didn't post, like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYLrDu0uZHA, one of my favorites that I couldn't put because... well... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRsj0t5rtyw

Anyway! This one will be the last episode of "the list" for a while, but there is at least one more in store before S3 starts, so I hope you can join me next week for B-Side Episode 3: Soon.

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 1

More episode titles! (not confirmed)

I hope these are legit! There's 2 possible Applejack episodes here!biggrin.png

OH MY GOD YES, season three is gonna be the best season ev-

inb4 S3E4 and S4E9 are only about Apple Bloom.

DAMMIT.

The next vinyl figures have been revealed!

1.JPG

Good to see Fluttershy... Little meh on Dr. Hooves (AKA pony David Tennant) though. Oh well, Still a buy for me.

Edited by Lyra of the Undead

Congrats, Wolfy! Great to see it get featured!

Anyway, more stuff on the Gameloft Pony game. Game informer interviewed them. I am no longer ashamed to be subscribed to GameInformer. The interview includes a trailer featuring a certain blond mare whose birthday is aparently today...

http://www.equestria...ameloft-on.html

Also a preview video. Featuring Time Turner, Lyra Heartstrings, BonBon, Flim, Flam, DJ PON3, Octavia, Trixie and Jeff Letrotski!

I could see myself spending a lot of time playing it. I'm a sucker for these sorts of games really and it kind of saddens me that I don't have a device to play it on.

Also, I hear instrumentals of the musical numbers, which is cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, they seem to move like those cosplayer suits sorta, like that one gif where Rainbow Dash charges at the camera. I don't know how to explain it other than that bouncy, bobbing around movement XD. Maybe it's the lack of sound from the ponies and the static eye expressions, idk haha

• Thumbs Up 1

Season three Tenth episode title. Makes me really freaking Happy. Please oh please oh please be true!

http://www.equestria....html#idc-cover

Title: Spike at Your Service

Air Date: December 29, 2012

Synopsis: TBA

Spike is my favourite character, tied with rarity. He needs more time to shine. I so want a Spike episode. Maybe he will get more love and something that will make "this gem" seem not as bad.

rjlOP.jpg

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

Season three Tenth episode title. Makes me really freaking Happy. Please oh please oh please be true!

http://www.equestria....html#idc-cover

Title: Spike at Your Service

Air Date: December 29, 2012

Synopsis: TBA

Spike is my favourite character, tied with rarity. He needs more time to shine. I so want a Spike episode. Maybe he will get more love and something that will make "this gem" seem not as bad.

rjlOP.jpg

Spike... Eh, could be good. The only reason why I didn't like the Spike episodes all that much last season is because I don't really care much for Spike himself. I really don't know why that is honestly...

But oh god, that picture, why did you bring it up? I'm not a Spike fan and even my sister who outright hates him felt much sorrow when we saw that photo.

Edited by Lyra of the Undead
  • Thumbs Up 2

I like Spike and...I find that picture hilarious. It was a nod to the fans who pointed out Spike wasn't in Sweet & Elite, that's all. I'm sure he couldn't be at the party for a good reason, not that the others didn't want him there, so...I still don't get what's so sad about it. :|

But yeah, I think Spike episodes are great, so I hope this is legit. The title makes it sound like he's going to get a job as a waiter or something lol

• Thumbs Up 2

yeah, if you don't like Spike and "that gem" makes you sad, imagine what it's like if he's your favourite character!

As for what's so sad about it, think about it this way. He's been with Twilight since was hatched. they're basically like Brother and Sister. Combine that with the fact that he's supposed to be friends with all the mane six enough to consider him family. Also that he's probably been there for about over a year as of the episode. The fact that he has to put a picture of himself in with a picture of the Mane six rather than having a photo of all of them from the start is really sad. I mean, why didn't they take a picture with Spike? You'd think that if he's close enough with them to consider family, there'd be a photo with all of them. It's like a portrait of a human family, except one of the kids has to put a pic of him on there because he wasn't in it but everyone else was. it's freaking depressing and definitely not funny.

Honestly kinda reminds me of the start of the episode with Spike's birthday. It was pretty d'aw the whole time and if there's an episode dedicated to giving him some well deserved spotlight, then cool beans.

> Peeking upcoming episode list.

> Reads episode 7 title.

> My face when...

photo-4267.jpg

Yush.

And to think, I was only kidding when I said there should be an episode that includes my favorite group of flyers, heh.

133759__safe_meta_princess-cadance_meme_a-canterlot-wedding_hasbro_party-of-one_bridle-gossip_writing_cutie-mark-chronicles_return-of-harmony_sisterhood-social.png

*Wonders how many people will get the joke because barely anyone on DB did*

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 8

Congrats, Wolfy! Great to see it get featured!

Anyway, more stuff on the Gameloft Pony game. Game informer interviewed them. I am no longer ashamed to be subscribed to GameInformer. The interview includes a trailer featuring a certain blond mare whose birthday is aparently today...

http://www.equestria...ameloft-on.html

Also a preview video. Featuring Time Turner, Lyra Heartstrings, BonBon, Flim, Flam, DJ PON3, Octavia, Trixie and Jeff Letrotski!

1:54 Nopony bucks with The Jesus

yeah, if you don't like Spike and "that gem" makes you sad, imagine what it's like if he's your favourite character!

As for what's so sad about it, think about it this way. He's been with Twilight since was hatched. they're basically like Brother and Sister. Combine that with the fact that he's supposed to be friends with all the mane six enough to consider him family. Also that he's probably been there for about over a year as of the episode. The fact that he has to put a picture of himself in with a picture of the Mane six rather than having a photo of all of them from the start is really sad. I mean, why didn't they take a picture with Spike? You'd think that if he's close enough with them to consider family, there'd be a photo with all of them. It's like a portrait of a human family, except one of the kids has to put a pic of him on there because he wasn't in it but everyone else was. it's freaking depressing and definitely not funny.

How do you know he doesn't have a picture that he was actually in? For all you know that wasn't the only group photo they've ever taken. I don't know, that's just the way I see it. I tend not to go right to the worst case scenario. XP

...why are we talking about this in spoiler tags?? :U

Hypehypehypehypehype~~

Who is that pony Rainbow is racing at the beginning? I can't pause at a good enough time to see who it is, but the colours of the blur make me think "Wonderbolt"...hmm.

133759__safe_meta_princess-cadance_meme_a-canterlot-wedding_hasbro_party-of-one_bridle-gossip_writing_cutie-mark-chronicles_return-of-harmony_sisterhood-social.png

*Wonders how many people will get the joke because barely anyone on DB did*

Took me a bit, but then it hit me... THAT FACE.

Yn8JC.jpg

And that Season 3 preview... "It is so on!" Indeed it is Rarity, indeed it is.

The CMC getting their cutie mark?

Spike and AJ episodes?

I'm hyped!

Edited by Applejack1973