Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Oh and hello new variant cover. You're looking awesome today.

227495_10151108654293282_264734549_n.jpg

I know some are annoyed by how many they re but I can;t complain because they all kick do much ass!

This one.

I want this cover.

All the others suck because of this one's existence.

• Thumbs Up 4

Okay then, since my status is too small and will probably be shunted out of the way by new statuses, I have to ask:

How would the concept of the Avatar from Avatar the Last Airbender (I'm referring to the whole "can control 4 elements" thing, the other stuff about reincarnation and the Avatar State isn't that important) work in Equestria? More bluntly, WOULD it even work at all?

I guess you'd have to be like the perfect person, personality wise which is near unrealistic. But do the individual elements have any powers on their own? If not then it simply wouldn't be the same.

I guess you'd have to be like the perfect person, personality wise which is near unrealistic. But do the individual elements have any powers on their own? If not then it simply wouldn't be the same.

Okay I'm confused. What do you mean by this?

Okay I'm confused. What do you mean by this?

You wanted to know how learning all the elements would work like when Aang learned all the bending forms right? I'm saying I don't think it would be quite the same because unlike the bending forms, the individual elements don't have powers on their own so they would be pretty useless until the "Avatar of harmony" learned them all.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you.

Edited by Prince Solaris

You wanted to know how learning all the elements would work like when Aang learned all the bending forms right? I'm saying I don't think it would be quite the same because unlike the bending forms, the individual elements don't have powers on their own so they would be pretty useless until the "Avatar of harmony" learned them all.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you.

I think my question was about the possibility of a pony being able to wield all four elements like in Avatar, and whether such a pony could exist. Also wondering if the Avatar Cycle can even work in Equestria.

Also, it doesn't have to be an alicorn, since in Avatar, you don't see any specific nation/race getting the power to wield all of the elements 100% of the time.

Edited by Enigmanator

So...today marked the debut of Season 2 on Italian television.

...The first two episodes they aired were "A Canterlot Wedding". Why?

Also... Fuck it, they replaced our opening with a translation of the original.

Edited by Azure Nald

So along with the preview, it looks like some pages from the my little pony comic were at NYC comicon. I found these while browsing Derpibooru.

These are in bad quality, but these'll do for now. Someone else will probably post better quality ones if they ever turn up.

121062__safe_official_preview.jpg

We have the party cannon and Changelings here... And... Rarity using the party cannon? Huh.

That's not Rarity...

1.jpg

It's Pinkie Pie with Rarity's hair style!blink.png

More high quality scans here: http://www.equestria...irmed.html#more

EDIT:

Holy. Sh*t.

251270_352931921466963_427177862_n.jpg

Edited by SweeCrue
  • Thumbs Up 6

Ah, speaking of the Italian dub, "Big Brother Best Friend Forever" was translated as "Fratellone Amico Per Sempre". Yeah, FAPS. You english-speakers are going to make jokes about this, I know.

That's not Rarity...

1.jpg

It's Pinkie Pie with Rarity's hair style!blink.png

More high quality scans here: http://www.equestria...irmed.html#more

Looking at those nice scans.

Pinkie being awesome? Check.

Derpy? Check.

Changelings? Check.

The fucking Blues Brothers? Check, check, and check.

This is the greatest comic ever.

• Thumbs Up 3

Why not just post all four?

4.jpg

I really like the fanservice in this one. It's nice to see Screwball back. Also good to see Derpy(Who is adowable~), Blues brother ponies, Firefly, that "YEAH!" pony, Angel with a mustache on a stick, and of course, Doctor Whooves(looks like he is running in the direction of the changeling).

1.jpg

So, I'm trying to figure out what the heck is going on in this panel but honestly it's Pinkie Pie with Rarity's hairstyle using her party cannon as a weapon again while Twi is still a badass with lasers and Spike laughs maniacally.

2.jpg

I wonder what happened to Sweetie Bell and Applebloom. Also what caused rarity to freak out so bad while AJ did not. Also, Applebloom's eyes in that top small panel is creepy as hell.

3.jpg

From what I can make out, Twi apparently has the mane six and Spike in the library which those things are trying to get in to. She's probably asking what those things are and Pinkie apparently thinks they're zombies due to her throat cutting motion and drooling at the mouth. That's my guess at least.

Man, this comic is going to be awesome.

EDIT: Andy Price has uploaded the fanservice page on to his deviantart in even more clear quality. He has confirmed it is page three of issue 1.

http://andypriceart....t.com/#/d5hrj7k

mlp_fim_page_3_issue_1_by_andypriceart-d5hrj7k.jpg

I've noticed a few more things.

- The Doctor is running and behind him is a building that says "Run for the Roses". One of his closest companions was named "Rose". Fun coincidence.

- On her re-election poster, Mayor Mare looks like she trying to pull off Trollestia's expression.

- There's an iron Will Flyer

-- Above the Blues Brothers are the words "EST. 1982". That's when their run ended due to John Belushi's death.

- Three ponies have the same eyes that Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom do later on. One them is Diamond Tiara.

- The perspective with Firefly and Rainbow Dash is a bit weird.

- Derpy is best flyer.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond
  • Thumbs Up 6

I have to admit, I was a little worried about the quality of the comic when it was first announced, but it's nice to see those worries were completely unnecessary. TAKE MY MONIES.

I noticed what looks like molted Philomena is sitting on one of the rooftops, just to the right of the Blues Brothers. o.o

Comics look ridiculously awesome, excited for those.

Season 3 clip looks absolutely awesome, and definitely no slack in quality. In fact, judging from that clip, it looks like season 3 is going to be by far the best, most polished season yet. So unbelievably stoked.

Here's some art I got around to uploading! It's a new OC of mine that would probably be the very special somepony of me as a pony.

new_oc_by_andrewclocksin-d5ht4tb.jpg

Edited by AndrewClocksin
  • Thumbs Up 5

After nearly 3 weeks in the making, my next chapter (and the conclusion to Part 1) is up:

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/49977/Crossing-Over

FINALLY!

In this chapter, I get back to the library and find Twilight and the others already there. After a short discussion, I tell them I'm not very good at explaining our universe. Twilight says she has a spell that'll let her see into my memories so she can tell others about our universe. She uses it on me, and we both learn things about each other that neither of us wanted the other to learn.

So I made the Mane six plus Derpy in the Sims 3... yeah. i had a huge Sims urge and decided to do so.

I think I made them quite well.

As soon as i started, Twilight and Derpy immediately decided to start a pillow fight.

Screenshot_zpsffbda7b9.jpg

I think Derpy won.

Screenshot-12_zps5a0e4b20.jpg

Then Pinkie and Derpy decided to join the Journalism career and as soon as they got out, they just stood still next to each other Pinkie is in her formal dress for some reason.

Screenshot-2_zpsd7d29233.jpg

Twi then decided to tell a ghost story with a flashlight. In broad day light. Seriously, pillow flights, ghost stories, it's the slumber party episode all over again!

Screenshot-5_zpsbb1f5db8.jpg

At least Sim!Twilight is as much on the slippery slope of insanity as the one from the show. At least I got that right.

Screenshot-6_zpse4f158e0.jpg

Screenshot-8_zps50d11de8.jpg

Fluttershy just doesn't give a flying feather. I gave her the coward trait but she just isn't phased. Nice try, Twi.

Oh and Rainbow Dash you say? What is she doing?

Screenshot-10_zps3e082669.jpg

Ptfff! Who wants lame ghost stories or employment? She's just chilling like a boss.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond
  • Thumbs Up 4

Oooooh, I read you loud and clear!

You did mean dragon fire, right?

Oh, fine. I look forward to Spitfire. XP

• Thumbs Up 1