Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

I finally got my hands on a Hidden Ability Eevee via the GTS. And what makes it even better is that it had Wish in it's move roster. I evolved it into a Sylveon because Pixilate;

2dwcap0.png

Pokerus came from my Milotic. I'm surprised at how valued Hidden Ability Eevee's are. I put a lv 1 bred one up for offer on the GTS and got a female lv 75 Aegislash.

You best farm those Eevee's girl.

I pretty much gave up trying to breed a shiny Honedge after 200 eggs. >.>

Guess I'll stick with my in-game Aegislash than can still fare against online teams. lol

So, has anyone heard of this deal?

tumblr_n1kh6dNrDI1qjx7iio1_500.png

Is it legit? I'm considering downloading Y for the Aggronite and for casual play.

EDIT: oh wait, it has to be in that timeframe. Lame.

Is it legit? I'm considering downloading Y for the Aggronite and for casual play.

I have a spare unregistered 3DS and a qualified game I recently got. And yes, it's legit. Although if you already registered your 3DS, it doesn't count. Same for the qualified games.

So apparently GTS loves 4 and 5 IV Honedges because I'm getting all kinds of cool stuff for mine. Just today, I got a snivy, oshawott, turtwig, chimchar, piplup, porygon, clefable, and an omanyte. Because praise helix, darn it.

I also got a Japanese Xerneas on Wonder Trade the other day. o_o Has anyone else had that kind of luck?

I'm kinda scared to use Bank anymore on account of my friend's save file becoming corrupted.

Wait, what? Their Bank save file, or their game?

If it's the former, that's pretty worrying...

Fucking got all 718 Pokémon (Porygon-Z was my last one). I also got every variation of the following: Unown, Vivillon, Deerling/Sawsbuck, Wormadam, Shellos/Gastrodon, and Basculin. Oval and shiny charms are mine.

tumblr_n0mhih9pGx1rwk9lyo1_400.gif

Damn, and here I thought I'd done a lot by owning 713/718 and having borrowed four of the remaining five. Even I couldn't be arsed getting every alternate forme of everything. D: (I did get all Megas and quite a lot of other formes though)

My Diamond file got corrupted once for some reason, which certainly wasn't related to Pokebank.  Fortunately the game actually keeps double saves, and the backup was good, so I didn't lose anything major (at that point I had about 600 hours invested and all the interesting Pokes from FireRed through Diamond, plus Colosseum and xD on there - I'd have really hated to lose that file).  I haven't had any problems with the Bank yet.

I finally got my first shiny in X/Y - an aqua Corsola through chain fishing.  I'm a bit annoyed that I can't seem to breed shinies in Platinum anymore - I need one more shiny Eevee to convert to Sylveon and round out my set.  I'll have to fiddle with the program again and see if I can figure out what I'm doing wrong - I've got plenty to prove that it used to work, but the program's been replaced by something that takes two programs and looks a lot more complicated, so I can't get the actual instructions for the old one anymore.  If all else fails I'll drop my Vaporeons at the Day care and try  breeding one, but I've never had much luck with that sans RNG.

My Diamond file got corrupted once for some reason, which certainly wasn't related to Pokebank.  Fortunately the game actually keeps double saves, and the backup was good, so I didn't lose anything major.

What? Never heard of such thing.

My Diamond once got fucked up because I tried the black void glitch to get Darkrai/Shaymin and saved in the middle of a black screen of nothingness and when I loaded the game after that the character was stuck.

My old Ruby team was in there, man. I miss those dudes.

That Black Void glitch was funny. I never got it to work, but I had an AR with the walk through walls code so it didn't really matter.

EDIT: oh wait, it has to be in that timeframe. Lame.

Yeah it's legit I just got an email from club Nintendo saying this

Y'know I love this game and all, but I want to start a new game. THIS is where I think Pokemon might might want to start taking ques from this game of all things:

SFF_boxart.jpg

To be more precise, its "New Game Plus" Function.

That allows for you to start a new game, but transfer and add on your saved data and leveled mons from the old file. For someone like me, who loves replaying games for story, cutscenes, replaying bosses and hearing those themes, especially on games that have only one save file (seriously, why Gamefreak!?), this was a god send to me. It made leveling up and grinding a bit more fun too. I'd push for this because I don't want to lose my event gifted Blaziken!

• Thumbs Up 1

In fairness, now Bank is out, you can just move all your Pokémon to Bank then delete your save. 

Admittedly, I bought X (already had Y) because I wanted to play the story again without losing everything else I'd invested in the save file (got all TMs, mega evolutions etc as well), so I can see how that would still prevent some people from restarting with Bank use.

As for why they don't allow multiple saves, primarily business reasons. If sales became 'one per household' rather than 'one per person', that's gonna hurt sales quite a lot.

I left my 3DS box back at California.

Though personally I'm not fussed about getting Y. What made XY amazing to play through the first time was the sheer novelty of seeing everything in 3D. Now that that's over with, what we have is one of the outright weakest, least memorable stories and pre-E4 adventures in the series' entire existence.

The one benefit I would get from getting Y is having access to those three remaining megastones I am missing. I otherwise have no desire to replay the game from scratch and I'll just sit here and wait for the Hoenn remakes to come my way. I'm not denying the gameplay enhancements that gen6 brought about - this is by far the most polished main Pokemon game to date. However, I would rather wait and see these resources used for a future title than re-experience what I have already been through just recently.

Quick question:

Is it possible to use the download code on a different 3DS system?

Thing is I have no need for the extra version, but I'd love to be able to give this to my sister who plans on getting a 3DS.

I'd imagine no, the code would be tied in to the registered console.

You could get the 3DS for your sis and register THAT, though.

What? Never heard of such thing.

My Diamond once got fucked up because I tried the black void glitch to get Darkrai/Shaymin and saved in the middle of a black screen of nothingness and when I loaded the game after that the character was stuck.

My old Ruby team was in there, man. I miss those dudes.

Well, if you saved in the middle of a glitch, probably the save itself was good but the glitch was part of the save.  It only happened the one time, but I turned on the game, and it told me my file was corrupted, then it told me the backup was good, would I like to load the backup.  I said yes and continued the game. 

As for why they don't allow multiple saves, primarily business reasons. If sales became 'one per household' rather than 'one per person', that's gonna hurt sales quite a lot.

I guess; it just really hits me hard since the last Pokemon games before Gen 6 that I played, the Ruby/Emerald/Sapphire series, I recall did have at least two save slots. And since Gen 6 is my actual return to Pokemon since Gen 3, I'm not familiar with Pokebank and how it works. Not to mention the fact that at college the Internet security isn't compatible with my 3DS-XL, ugh.

I mean, I haven't even completed my very first entourage (I'm currently trying to grind up Ampharos; right before the 8th Gym Battle) and I've kind of made up my mind about re-starting, due to a bit of hindsight regrets and all, as well experiencing a lot of high-tense scenes, collecting certain things earlier, and whatnot.

But goddamn if you're going to force one slot, at least give us online-stranded folks, a bit of a more local safety net.

Oh and on a side-note, as cool as he and his boss battle theme were, who else could tell from his very first appearance that Lysandre was the Big Bad?tongue.png

Quick question:

Is it possible to use the download code on a different 3DS system?

Thing is I have no need for the extra version, but I'd love to be able to give this to my sister who plans on getting a 3DS.

You should be able to. If it's anything like any of their other promotions, you'll literally be sent a download code for the eShop via e-mail which you can theoretically give to anybody and it should still work. A code is a code, as far as I'm aware it doesn't have any way of tying the code to a specific system or individual.

I guess; it just really hits me hard since the last Pokemon games before Gen 6 that I played, the Ruby/Emerald/Sapphire series, I recall did have at least two save slots. And since Gen 6 is my actual return to Pokemon since Gen 3, I'm not familiar with Pokebank and how it works. Not to mention the fact that at college the Internet security isn't compatible with my 3DS-XL, ugh.

You must be remembering wrong- I'm almost 100% certain that no Pokémon games ever have allowed for more than one save file.

Pokémon Bank isn't hard to use (especially between Gen 6 games- moving from Gen 5 to 6 is a bit more of a pain), but yeah, I guess not being able to get online easily would be a huge pain and barrier to that. :/

Okay, so how exactly does Pokebank work anyway?

You download it from the eShop as a separate app. Open it up with X or Y in the cartridge slot (unless you have the download version).

Then you'll see your in-game PC boxes on the bottom screen and 30 online Bank PC boxes on the top screen. You can basically move Pokémon between the in-game and Pokémon Bank PC boxes just as you normally would on the in-game PC.

There's a more in-depth guide here; http://www.pokemonbank.com/en-us/how-to-use/

• Thumbs Up 1

The downside? You can't move items, which means you'd have to have someone else hold onto your Mega Stones. :/

I actually wondered if mega stones will work in the next group of games that come out.

They will. They'll just make them find-able again or maybe as items you can purchase from the next institute