Awoo.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

PSI Wind

>implying i don't play all vidya like that

nah i'm too much of a fatass

Also fuuuuu i want this game so bad.

Edited by Dr. Jackstraw

Oh, out of interest, how much did everyone here "embrace" the motion controls with the bow and arrow? Personally I found it all the more satisfying to draw back the bow Wii Sports Resort style with the C button every single time, even when I didn't need a full power shot.

I know some people find Motion Controls immersion breaking, but I find once you're in a groove with them they heighten the level of satisfaction and player feedback the game provides.

I used the bow like in Twilight Princess. Feels better to me.

This guy must fuck like a tiger......yeah I just went there.

In any news...Still don't have this game, and probably won't have it till Christmas, I'd get it now if I had a nun-chuck(Dog Chewed the others), and Wii-motion plus. Fucking money. I did get to play a demo however and the controls are awkward at first, but once you know what you're doing its fun as hell.

I got this game free with my Wii. It's still sealed up.

Is it a good game? :) I'm debating if I should sell it so I can get Super Mario Galaxy 2.

It's a fantastic game. I wouldn't trade it for Galaxy 2 (Thought it's also a great game), but it depends on what genre you like more, I think.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's a fantastic game. I wouldn't trade it for Galaxy 2 (Thought it's also a great game), but it depends on what genre you like more, I think.

I can get Super Mario Galaxy 2 for Christmas :) I heard that this is the best Zelda game of all time, so I suppose I must keep it!

(The entrance to the first duengon literally took me like 30 minutes to figure out, thats when I realized I was a dumbass)

Edited by Melru

The way you killed the Octoroks is the parry, called the "Shield Bash". Lift the shield just as an enemy is about to hit you, and it stuns them.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Beat the game today. Loved the ending to bits, both gameplay and story. I don't know if I'd call this the best Zelda, but it's definitely my favorite. It has all the charm and fun dungeons of Wind Waker with the characters and interesting world of Majora's Mask. While it falls short in some areas, those were aspects that made WW and MM so wonderful to me, and combining them resulted in a great experience.

I could probably go on about what I thought of the game and maybe I'll take the time to write some more later, but all in all I can say my high expectations were met and I was even genuinely impressed a few times.

My only two huge gripes are (MAJOR STORY SPOILERS)

There was never a scene where Hyrule was named. With the "Grooseland scene" I was absolutely expecting them to take it seriously at the end of the game and was really hoping to see the surface get its name. The other is the Triforce mark on Link's hand. That's all nice that they explained that, but I felt gipped that they didn't make any mention of the marks on Zelda's and Ganondorf's hands.

Edit: Disregard, I suck cocks, the reason for that was because Ganondorf got the Triforce in OoT and it split then.

Edited by Noire

Second post but, holy hell do I suck at Fledge's Pumpkin Pull. Which is really odd because, I raped the hell out of all the previous shooting gallery games. Freakin' shaky hands.

Finished it, didn't like it... Even if this had featured no motion controls at all (I came to like the controls for the most part), it would probably be my least favourite 3D Zelda... I've stated the reasons enough times and gotten enough hatred for it already, but I'm going to give my opinion on the story...

I could sum up every emotional scene in this game with 'I MUST GO NOW' followed by a non-spoken 'please don't leave me!'...

So Zelda reveals that she's the goddess incarnate, and says, "I MUST GO NOW, I need to be sealed away, wake me up in the future!", Link has a hysterical moment realising that he has to... gasp... go back through the portal to the future and wake her up, pretty much.

Link wakes Zelda back up in the future and they have an emotional reunion after so long apart (fetch quests = long time passed), and we get the final boss battle. Demise says "I will live on as an incarnation of my hatred, which probably will rhyme with cannon!" and gets stored in the master sword.

"I MUST GO NOW," says Impa, "I have to remain in my own time."

Zelda cries again, "But Impa, you and I have been through so much off camera together!"

"Don't worry," Impa comforts Zelda, "You will see me again soon."

Fi decides that she also MUST GO NOW, because her job is done, and we get the worst sci-fi cliche of all, the robot experiencing emotions and not understanding them. I was actually laughing at how bad this dialogue was. Basically along the lines of "These moments together are some of the most precious in my memory banks, I don't understand" etc. etc., and she even actually gets so far as to say "I think this is what you humans call... happiness". Sniffle.

They return to the present and, whaddaya know, the old lady was Impa all along! A glance across the room between her and Zelda, and a glance at her bracelet is all we needed to understand that. But wait, no it wasn't. "...See." Impa says. OK, that works - wait - no - there's more... "I told you we'd see each other again!", yes OK, now the people on Mars in a cave with their fingers in their ears and their eyes shut get it, we're good OH wait here are some more close-ups on her bracelet. So what happens next?

Impa MUST GO NOW. Again. She disintegrates/vanishes for some reason.

Link and Zelda decide that they want to stay on the hostile surface and populate it with generations of inbreds. Because of this their Loftwings MUST GO NOW back to Skyloft (what was with setting up the whole 'emotional and personal bond with your Loftwing' thing, only to have them just bugger off back to the sky when they don't need them anymore?), leaving them happily stranded. I'm not sure how long it would have taken after the credits for Zelda to ask "So where's the nearest market? I'm starving."

Edited by DistantJ
  • Thumbs Up 1

Absoloutely agreed with everything you had to say about the emotional moments there DistantJ. What bothers me most is not only are they all sudden and pointless but:

I don't care about Zelda or Fi. Zelda was cute in the intro but literally lost ALL her prior personality once srs bsns shit started. Fi also had her 85% running gag which was charming, but... that was it. Aside from that she really was just a robot. There was no development at all. Hell in fact every now and then I had to briefly remind myself why she was with me. Ghirahim was a weapon in human form too but they managed to make him interesting.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

The 4th temple was great and it had my favorite boss yet! :-O

The controls have become second nature to me now and I can pull everything off that I want to do flawlessly.

Sorry I can't comment on the post's with spoilers. I really don't want to be spoiled so I'm avoiding reading posts that could contain anything that would spoil something for me.

Yeah, they're pretty major spoilers, speedfreak, so if you're enjoying it please don't click that button until you've beaten the game because it spoils pretty much the whole ending.

Absoloutely agreed with everything you had to say about the emotional moments there DistantJ. What bothers me most is not only are they all sudden and pointless but:

I don't care about Zelda or Fi. Zelda was cute in the intro but literally lost ALL her prior personality once srs bsns shit started. Fi also had her 85% running gag which was charming, but... that was it. Aside from that she really was just a robot. There was no development at all. Hell in fact every now and then I had to briefly remind myself why she was with me. Ghirahim was a weapon in human form too but they managed to make him interesting.

Haha, yes! Fi isn't Navi, she's C3PO. "Never tell me the odds!"

Pretty much everything up to Faron Woods was brilliant, though sadly an utter cocktease for the rest of the game's story:gameplay ratio.

Groose redeemed himself and became a likeable character nicely. I really enjoyed the handful of scenes of interaction with Link, Groose and Grannie, and protecting the temple with them.

I saw Zelda's crystal through the crack in the doors when I first went to the temple and was like "hmm, wonder what that is". So it was nice to get back after she sealed herself and have a "...Oh wait! Cool." moment.

The old lady being Impa was a simple and easily guessed but nice little twist. I liked that. Shame they had to ruin it with the random disappearing.

Yeah, Ghirahim was one of the best things about this game, he was brilliant. I love his design and mannerisms, very David Bowie. I also really liked the look of (though not so much the gameplay of) the final boss. Very cool, a little bit too much like..

Akuma from Street Fighter

...but very cool.

And Groose was cool too, yeah, I loved how he developed as a character. Probably the only character development in the game, oddly enough.

...Am I the only person who, whenever performing the skyward strike, yelled "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL!"??

Edited by DistantJ

I can't really argue with the claims that the game had a number of cliches, but honestly I don't see that as a bad thing. Even OoT was one giant cliche. It sums up to, "Oh no you are chosen to fight evil! Collect stones to get the ultimate power! Oh no time travel! Collect medallions to get the ultimate power!" which isn't much better than, (not really a big spoiler but just in case)

"Oh no you are chosen to fight evil! Find Zelda! Oh no she must go! Power up your sword to get the ultimate power!"

I can't really argue with the claims that the game had a number of cliches, but honestly I don't see that as a bad thing. Even OoT was one giant cliche. It sums up to, "Oh no you are chosen to fight evil! Collect stones to get the ultimate power! Oh no time travel! Collect medallions to get the ultimate power!" which isn't much better than, (not really a big spoiler but just in case)

"Oh no you are chosen to fight evil! Find Zelda! Oh no she must go! Power up your sword to get the ultimate power!"

They're fairly generic and cliched, but that gives them a certain charm, I think.

I won't disagree with the last bits with Fi and Impa. Fi learning how to be happy wasn't exactly laughable to me but it certainly wasn't great writing. I did adore how she gets to relive her happiness every time Link uses the Master Sword though. And as for Impa disappearing, well fuck knows what that was.

I assume it's because she's like a spirit or something. I mean wasn't the past Hyrule 1000 years ago or something?

Also I loved how the credits showed Zelda's quest.

Edited by Noire

Was it? I really never noticed any mention of that. I assumed it was just a MY QUEST IS DONE I MUST GO ON deal like with Fi.

I actually totally ignored the credits so I should probably watch those now. Plus it gives me an excuse to fight a thousand bokoblins again.

By the way that was fucking awesome. I remember in Hyrule Castle in TP there was a moment when you were totally surrounded and they had a cutscene cop out where those dudes from the bar kill them for you. SO glad they didn't pull that here and actually let you fight.

Edited by MarcelloF

The only thing that annoyed me with that bit:

The bokoblin horde that is, is that they didn't give you any health restore items of fairies afterwards. I really got through by the skin of my teeth, which was cool and all, but, ignoring the fact that I was so shit at the final boss I had to consult the shiekah stone, it kind of broke the flow to take Fi up on her offer to retreat and stock up.

The only thing that annoyed me with that bit:

The bokoblin horde that is, is that they didn't give you any health restore items of fairies afterwards. I really got through by the skin of my teeth, which was cool and all, but, ignoring the fact that I was so shit at the final boss I had to consult the shiekah stone, it kind of broke the flow to take Fi up on her offer to retreat and stock up.

Really? I got hearts every second xD I had full life for about the whole thing.

I guess the Heart Medal really helped for once.

Urgh....all of these spoiler tags. I really want to know what you guys are speaking about and join the conversation, but I'm only in the 5th dungeon. I wonder if that's enough to at least read the spoilers. Or maybe you guys are speaking about the very end of the game?

...Am I the only person who, whenever performing the skyward strike, yelled "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL!"??

Really? I got hearts every second xD I had full life for about the whole thing.

I guess the Heart Medal really helped for once.