Awoo.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

PSI Wind

Thanks mate but we've been talking about it for several pages tongue.png

Ahh; yeah. I'm just a tad slow due to college these days. :U don't mind me. XD

Fucking final exams and essays have been keeping me away from this game for over a week now. Tomorrow I can get back into it. I seem to be stuck in the area outside of Eldin just shortly after you meet those mole people, I think you have to blow up this rock that's just a few feet away from what appears to be a cork blocking the lava flow. How do I pass it?

You have to bowl the bomb across the bridge, breaking the cork. I haven't been able to play much due to similar reasons. I just beat the first Imprisoned fight.

Edited by Santamime

Beat the game a few days ago, excellent once I got used to waving the sheild at everything. I sucked so much at the first time you had to fight Ghirahim... beating him down for the last time was such a pleasure.

Any idea what Hero Mode actually is? I don't see any difference so far.

Fucking final exams and essays have been keeping me away from this game for over a week now. Tomorrow I can get back into it. I seem to be stuck in the area outside of Eldin just shortly after you meet those mole people, I think you have to blow up this rock that's just a few feet away from what appears to be a cork blocking the lava flow. How do I pass it?

Exams are cockblocking me from this game too. I am so close to finishing as well. People who finished, is the final boss a let down or is it interesting?

Exams are cockblocking me from this game too. I am so close to finishing as well. People who finished, is the final boss a let down or is it interesting?

I thought the final boss battle was okay. It's pretty straightforward overall. The atmosphere was absolutely amazing though. With that said, it's definitely not the best final boss. I won't go into specifics since I really don't want to risk spoiling you..

Let us know how you do. XD

Edited by canderson

So I been hearing from some its better then OOT. I been quite busy with finals so I haven't been caught up with how fans are reacting to this game, (comparing) to other games. Is it true that this finally beaten OOT's status, or did reviewers kind of hyped it to much?

I liked it, but yeah it wasn't the best. I don't want to spoil you so I'll just say I actually thought the fight before the final fight was better fight from a gameplay standpoint, while the true final boss was better from an epic atmosphere standpoint. I felt the final boss went down a bit to easy for all the build up it had.

So I been hearing from some its better then OOT. I been quite busy with finals so I haven't been caught up with how fans are reacting to this game, (comparing) to other games. Is it true that this finally beaten OOT's status, or did reviewers kind of hyped it to much?

Depends on your point of view. For instance I thought Twilight Princess already "beat" OOT. Would I call SS better then OOT? Maybe, I'm not sure yet. It kinda has to soak in for a while. I did prefer TP to SS though. To be fair I love all the 3D Zelda's so much that even when I do think one is better than another it really isn't by much.

If I had to rank them personally.

TP > SS >/= OOT > WW > MM.

Again it's by such a small amount that it hardly matters. Don't take this to mean I disliked MM because I love it! :)

Ah, thanks for the responses. I really was looking forward to the final boss this time because I enjoy the combat system with motion controls (weird because I hare motion controls) and I have kind of enjoyed almost all the bosses up to this point (I'm at the part where you collect the pieces of the song) Thanks for telling me not to get my hopes up for the final boss as I had big expectations.

I have been just doing side quest lately because I don't have time to do anything else. I hate not finishing a duengon in one sitting, so I'm gonna

wait until after my exams are all finished to finish the game. So I should be finished by next week.

Edited by ThatGuyJay

I like SS way better than TP. TP was just sort of OoT with a Hyrule Field that was as big as the Great Sea but, completely void of anything to do.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like SS way better than TP. TP was just sort of OoT with a Hyrule Field that was as big as the Great Sea but, completely void of anything to do.

It had a couple of neat things, but yeah for the most part it was pretty empty. I can see enjoying SS more than TP but the field just isn't the most important aspect of a Zelda to me. I love the dungeons and I thought TP easily beat SS in that department. Both fantastic games though.

Also it's not like there are a ton of things to do on SS fields either. Collect bugs/treasure, fight enemies and run around. It's not like there were a ton of hidden areas or secrets.

I still preferred the actual dungeons in SS over the "dungeon like" overworld. Either way I still think TP was the superior game when it came to the dungeons on offer. They were both great but I felt the only dungeon in SS that came close to TP levels was the

Sand Ship.

I also really liked how TP had a unique mid level boss and big boss for every dungeon. SS used a lot of

normal enemies for mid level bosses and reused a big boss battle once, and was missing a boss battle in it's final temple.

It's true that SS bosses were more challenging than the ones in TP but they still weren't very hard once you figured them out.

It had a couple of neat things, but yeah for the most part it was pretty empty. I can see enjoying SS more than TP but the field just isn't the most important aspect of a Zelda to me. I love the dungeons and I thought TP easily beat SS in that department. Both fantastic games though.

True that. That wheel you ride on that attaches to walls is like the best item in a Zelda game ever.

Argorok was one of the worst bosses I've ever had to fight in a video game ever. Just looking at him got me psyched for the fight, and yet someone at Nintendo thought it would be a good idea to make it the most boring boss fight in the history of the series.

Whenever someone mentions Twilight Princess, I think of that fight. And it gives me a bitter taste in my mouth.

The fact that I actually liked all of Skyward Sword's bosses is enough to make it better than Twilight Princess, and that's not even counting all of the other things that make it far superior.

I agree SS had some great bosses, just less than TP had IMO. TP had mini-bosses that could have passed for main bosses. Also Stalord* is the best boss in a 3D Zelda IMHO.

*the spinning top boss from TP.

He was easily the best boss in SS but I still like Stalord just a bit more. It was just such a unique boss fight. I hope they bring back the spinning top one day.

I think the difference is pretty much EVERY boss in TP was damn cinematic. The boss fights are just yet another example of how SS took the "gameplay over flair" route. Whether that's a good or bad idea is entirely subjective of course.

The TP bosses could have been epic but they were just too easy. The only bosses I liked was the baboon and the Forest Temple boss. Everything else was boring. I didn't feel any sense of danger. I was never on the edge of my seat or having a blast when I was fighting most of them for the first time. The only thing the designers got down were their size. I never cared about the backstory of any of them. What they were doing there.

TP dungeons themselves I didn't really like. The Forest Temple was the best out of all of them. Goron Mines was way too linear and easy. Lakebed Temple was pretty good but reused a lot of the rooms making the experience kinda dull. Arbiters Grounds is the most overrated dungeon. This dungeon is not scary at all. The atmosphere is just not there. And of course it's too easy. It's at this point in the game where the enemy trigger music really became annoying. Snowpeak Ruins was pretty nice. Temple of Time I think is the most linear dungeon in the series. City in the Sky was decent but extremely ugly to be in. Once again the atmosphere is not there. Hyrule Castle = ugly. That and all the music in these dungeons were SO repetitive and bland. Whenever I hear a single song from TP in a video it literally makes me sick. And it's not because it's not ochestrated. The sound in general I just cannot stand. There's so many things I didn't like about TP. Cheesy cutscenes, ugly characters, stiff Link animations, boring overworld, dull graphics, items that don't get used enough. I could go on and on. It's a shame. I remember everyone saying it was the best zelda ever.

Everytime somebody mentions TP, I always think of all the things that just disappointed me. I wanted to love that game so much. The team behind it obviously was no where near the quality of minds that made the previous games.

Well, that's opinions for you I suppose. Seeing as I prefer TP to both SS and WW. Not by some huge amount though. All Zelda is good Zelda to me.

Actually come to think of it, I really didn't care to much for Phantom Hourglass. It shit all over WW's great ending by being a direct sequel with an extremely boring story, shit all over Tetra's character, had lame dungeons, somehow made boat travel even more boring, and had the most boring main villain in Zelda history. I guess Lineback was cool though.

Phantom Hourglass never looked appealing to me. I loved the oracle games on GBC. Those looked beautiful and had so much depth and content in them. Phantom Hourglass I played 5 minutes of at Target in 2007 and didn't like. Every time I move Link around, my hand gets in the way of the screen. Not that I'm saying the entire game sucks since I only played that much, but even after looking up video reviews of the game, it still doesn't look interesting to me. I also heard the dungeons were extremely easy.

Both Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks just don't look all that appealing to me. The tedious touch screen movement made it all even worse for me, I'll take OoT3DS any day.

Damn the search quests can actually get pretty tedious. The 4th piece of the Eldin gate key takes forever to find and you have to find them in order.

By the way, which Skulltulas are worse for an arachnophobic, TP's or SS'?

Both Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks just don't look all that appealing to me. The tedious touch screen movement made it all even worse for me, I'll take OoT3DS any day.

Damn the search quests can actually get pretty tedious. The 4th piece of the Eldin gate key takes forever to find and you have to find them in order.

By the way, which Skulltulas are worse for an arachnophobic, TP's or SS'?

I didn't find the key search that hard or tedious, but Eldin in general is my least favorite area.

However, I just went to the Silent Realm for the first time, and it was awesome. Got very tense when I ran out of time. The feeling of things that were fast and could kill you in one hit actively pursuing you was exhilarating.

Also, as an arachniphobic, the spiders in TP were a bit creepier.