Awoo.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

PSI Wind

It's not really possible for The Hero of Winds to be a reincarnation of The Hero of Time, simply because The Hero of Time didn't die in the WW Timeline, he died in the MM/TP timeline.

So TP Link could possibly/probably be a reincarnation of that Link, infact he is probably blood related if you take the implications of the Skeletal Warrior seriously.

The 'Skeletal Warrior' is the spirit of the Hero of Time... at least, that's what I took from the many comments he made.

It could be that if the Hero of Time has returned, that it's not a reincarnation, but instead with TP Link having been trained by the legendary hero's spirit, he at some point is given the mantle of the Hero of Time by the man himself so that he might continue the great hero's work.

Could you be so kind as to direct me to the interview where that information was given out? Thanks. :)

Alright I'll try to find it.

But in the meantime the fact that this Link is right handed should be enough to suggest it's a brand new Link. People don't just randomly change their attacking arm after a big adventure.

EDIT: SL Delivers!

Edited by SuperLink

How do you know they're all the same hero reborn? It never says that.

Well, you've got me there. I was just going by what's generally ingrained in the fandom's consciousness and there's really not much to back that up. I think it's just there to explain why there are so many Links- or rather, why all Links are so similar.

Nintendo themselves have said that every Link is different unless said otherwise, and that the series has no definite timeline, so it's probably not worth speculating over.

I kinda hope these rumors are BS. :/ I thought it was a cool idea for the girl to be a living Master Sword. I also don't like the thought of no Zelda or Ganondorf, and that the game might not even take place in Hyrule. IMO it makes it kinda feel like an unimportant side story.

I think it is a lie though, since it was confirmed that some fan speculation about the concept art was correct. The only bit of speculation I remember is about the girl being the Master Sword, and if that's true then none of those rumors can be.

...........come on E3. :(

IMO it makes it kinda feel like an unimportant side story.

The Zelda sidestories are also the best games in the series. MM and the Oracle games created some the strongest original characters and mythos yet.

The only bit of speculation I remember is about the girl being the Master Sword, and if that's true then none of those rumors can be.

Oh come on, there was shitloads of speculation. What about the Fairy Queen? What about the possibility of a connection to Zora? Nintendo are allowed to say that some fan speculation was correct, because let's be frank, there are so many Zelda fans on the planet tha one of them is bound to come up with something near relevant; even if the majority opinion is wrong.

Case in point: Twilight Princess being about the flooding of Hyrule, which was accepted by most of the fandom until more details were released.

I kinda hope these rumors are BS. :/ I thought it was a cool idea for the girl to be a living Master Sword. I also don't like the thought of no Zelda or Ganondorf, and that the game might not even take place in Hyrule. IMO it makes it kinda feel like an unimportant side story.

Zelda I can sort of understand, what with her being the titular character and all, but why Ganondorf? As much as I like him, it feels cheap to use him over and over and over again, as if he's the only one worthy of being the villain of a main game. If he's going to show up so often, his appearance will have less and less impact. The same goes for when he's defeated in the end, because really, you know he'll be back another billion times.

I thought Skull Kid + Majora's Mask and Chancellor Cole and the like were refreshing breaks from this. Granted, it hasn't always worked out, as there have been pretty lame villains too; such as Vaati and Bellum, with their "PLEASE SHOOT MY BLATANTLY OBVIOUS GIANT EYEBALL WEAKPOINT(S)" but that doesn't mean that we can't have successful villains besides Ganon.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bellum was a terrible villain that couldn't have been less memorable or interesting, but Vaati was awesome! Definitely my favourite non-Ganon villain in the series, probably because he is (or was) recurring, and has a more interesting backstory than Ganon too. (Not to mention despite having an obvious weakspot, Minish Cap's final bosses were much harder than most Ganons these days)

Otherwise I completely agree.

Edited by SuperLink

Bellum was a terrible villain that couldn't have been less memorable or interesting, but Vaati was awesome! Definitely my favourite non-Ganon villain in the series, probably because he is (or was) recurring, and has a more interesting backstory than Ganon too. (Not to mention despite having an obvious weakspot, Minish Cap's final bosses were much harder than most Ganons these days)

Otherwise I completely agree.

Well, his uninspired "final form" design was what I was complaining about. Vaati, unlike Bellum did actually have SOME character to him. I don't think he got enough screen time, although I might just be saying this because I haven't played Minish Cap in forever and my memories of it are a bit foggy.

I'll admit it, wanting Ganon is mostly for nostalgia. It would be okay if they could come up with someone as cool as him. Maybe I'm slightly worried we'll get another Bellum type though. Zelda however is essential IMO. It's bad enough she plays little to no part in most games already, but I'd hate for her to not even show up. It is still her legend, right? Spirit Tracks nailed it IMO. Also Ganondorf showing up too often isn't a concern of mine. When it takes 4 years (give or take) for new Zelda home console game to release, Ganon missing even one game means you wont see him for around 8 years. That's fucking long!

Also I love every Zelda game, but I prefer the "main" story games to the "side" story games. I'll love it either way, but I'll love it more if it has that main story (Zelda, Ganon, Hyrule, Triforce) feel.

Keep in mind this is my personal opinion so there is no need for anyone to try and prove how wrong I am.

Edited by speedfreak

I think Bellum was just a one off horrible boring shitty villain, since the Spirit Tracks villain as A-OK.

And I agree about Zelda, her part in Spirit Tracks is actually now one of my series highlights, and it's just depressing to think that she's been a "main character" since the series began and has never had a part anywhere near that big up until now.

I want to see Zelda taking the spotlight far more often from now on.

And Ganon missing big games doesn't mean a thing if the game he returns for doesn't even do anything for him. Did Ganondorf's part in TP really make him or the story that much more interesting? Not really. He was just in there so TP's final boss could be Ganon, and for no other reason.

Characters need to benefit the story, so unless Nintendo can make Ganon interesting again I honestly wouldn't mind if we didn't see him for another half a decade.

Characters need to benefit the story, so unless Nintendo can make Ganon interesting again I honestly wouldn't mind if we didn't see him for another half a decade.

That's exactly what I want, an interesting story with Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. I don't want the same old story. I don't think it should be too difficult for Nintendo to come up with a interesting original story involving those three. Like I said though, I can forgive Ganondorf not being in if the new guy can fill his shoes without turning out lame, but if Zelda plays no role at all I'll be pretty disappointed.

Anyway I think someone on NeoGaf proved this rumor to be false anyway. They posted a link from a month ago where a Gamefaqs user had the exact same thing written up or something.

I really liked the idea of the living Master Sword girl and I still hope that is the case. With the way Miyamoto and Aonuma were dropping hints about the sword missing from the art it's still the most likely outcome IMO.

And also to be fair 2ch is very hugely Anonymous-based (like 4Chan), so even if they got "leaks" about Kingdom Hearts, Wind Waker and Brawl, doesn't mean they'll be right this time. They probably "attempt to leak" every other big Japanese game release anyway ^^

Still, who knows.

There's already a new set of rumors that contradict this previous set.

1.) The development of the game began in Febraury 2006.

2.) The development team is the largest ever used by Nintendo for the realization of a game.

3.) The game will implement many ideas never met in a video game ever.

4.) The use of the Wii Motion Plus will be a imprenscindibile component for the dynamics of the game.

5.) The new Link will be much more mature, but the dark atmospheres of Twilight Princess will be left.

6.) The Master Sword will play a key role in the history of the origin of the Legend, there is a reason if it not appear in the artwork.

7.) At now is the only game that uses 100% of Wii hardware, at the same time the current power of Wii is not enough to achieve that result.

8.) The appearance of Link will be renovated but not be completely unprecedented.

9.) The plot will be the most articulate ever devised for an episode of Zelda.

10.) May be the last chapter of the saga.

Yeah, no idea where this is going, but the "last chapter of the saga" thing makes me call bullshit.

These new rumours sound like a total load of crap. For one thing hardly any game ever uses "100% of the hardware", and the rest just sounds like "dramatic wishywashy" BS.

MOST MACHORE EVER

LAST EVER ADVENTURE

BIGGEST DEVELOPMENT TEAM IN GAMING HISTORY

YOU CAN THROW A FRISBEE TO THIS VIRTUAL DOG.

Etc.

Those rumors sound pretty bullshit. Zelda isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Unless it means the end of the Hero of Time saga, or whatever.

In the year of the big new Zelda's revelations, bullshit spouted by over-eager fanboys or those who want to play with fanboy hopes and dreams is inevitable, just as it is in console reveal/release years.

If anything, this game should make a reference to the Minish Cap considering that it was released like 5 years ago, I mean Ezlo's Minish form is a likely reference to the sage at the end of Zelda 2.

Edited by Tailikku

• 2 weeks later...

Still scarce on the details, Aonuma teases a little bit more about Zelda Wii to us in the most recent issue of Famitsu.

- Aonuma once again stated that Zelda Wii will be at E3, and he hopes to show something playable to the show-goers

- Aonuma has been pushing the staff hard to try and get the game out this year, "We'll work hard in order to get you playing it as soon as possible."

- Aonuma confirms a good amount of progress has been made over the year, "We've progressed in development since last year. At present, the core areas have come into clear view."

- Once again, we hear that the game is MotionPlus exclusive, "After actually making it compatible, it just feels so natural. Link's sword and the controller that you're holding become one."

- Aonuma admits that the way in which you fight enemies could be a puzzle within itself

- Aonuma ends the interview by stating that Spirit Tracks was almost a Spring 2010 title, but he managed to push the team enough to get it done for 2009

Okay, this has me interested. Especially the bit about the enemies themselves being puzzles.

But since Wii Motion Plus is going to be mandatory, do you think that means it'll come with the attachment, like Mario Kart did with the Wii Wheel(even though that wasn't necessary)?

- Aonuma has been pushing the staff hard to try and get the game out this year, "We'll work hard in order to get you playing it as soon as possible."

Worrying. The last thing we need is another rushed Zelda. I hope they're not cutting anything out just to get a 2010 release date.

- Aonuma admits that the way in which you fight enemies could be a puzzle within itself

Shadow of the Colossus much?

• Thumbs Up 1