Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

Silver Sonic MK II is one of the many robots created by Doctor Eggman that are modeled on Sonic the Hedgehog. Its only appearance in the games was in Sonic Adventure, in which it can be seen in a stasis tube near the entrance to Eggman's Final Egg base. It is about twice the size of Sonic. It was unnamed in its game appearance, although it later appeared in the Archie Comics series and was given the name Silver Sonic MK II. Although many fans presume that he is a villain, his affiliation could not be considered evil, as he was never activated. His fate is unknown, but it could be presumed that he remains unactivated in the Final Egg base.

Silver Sonic II Sonic wiki page

Thank you.

Just one of many robot Sonics. In Archie's Sonic, he's Silver Sonic II and briefly attacked Station Square when they were rebuilding after Chaos flooded it. Sonic beat the robot and it was reprogrammed to act as a guardian of the city.

You mean Emerl?

Arbitrariness on the part of the dev team in all likelihood. They include the really big SEGA stars and then throw in everyone else at random. Or if you make it clear there's popular demand (as happened with NiGHTS for Transformed). It's the same way the Chaotix, Silver and Blaze are randomly thrown in and out of side titles. They're just thrown in when they've used up all the mains. 

I can see your point, so that's why... In SEGA Superstars Tennis, there were two characters from every game that was featured, it wasn't weird that Sonic and Shadow represented Sonic the Hedgehog, but Eggman, Amy and Tails, well, these guys were probably added just to fill in.

You mean Emerl?

Um...no? Nothing I said had anything to do with Emerl...at all...

In the Archie Comics, he had just came back to Knothole from going to Eggman's city as "The Sneak" and had just hid his disguise in a tree trunk when the "Sigma-Alpha 2" team of GUN Soldiers came.

So, In my headcanon, Sonic was running through Green Hill and had just did his victory pose at the goal ring when they came.

How did the soldiers GUN, to catch Sonic before City Escape?

Hmm, well lessee. Sonic's captured shortly before the Radical Highway stage since Shadow meets Sonic at the end of that.

Presumably Sonic became wanted due to the crimes Shadow committed at the very beginning... though it is kind of odd the military couldn't tell the difference. Unless they wanted to cover it up to hide the fact there was a biological superweapon in their care... suddenly I no longer see the reporters in SA2 as dingbats. It was all a conspiracy...

I presume they must have led Sonic into some sort of trap. He has an apartment, doesn't he? They must have ambushed him while he slept or something. But this is all in the span of a few hours tops so it's kind of hard to guess...

Here's another one I just thought of, may be simple, may not.

Since in Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic only absorbed (3 or 4) of the World Rings, it's totally visible that Darkspine Sonic isn't at full power.

My questions is, what would have happened (or what you think) if he had absorbed all 7 World Rings?

I do recall Sonic saying that he thought absorbing all 7 would open the gates of Hell, which was totally awesome to hear him say, but I'm just throwing these out there.

ALSO, why weren't the World Rings a bigger part in the Second Sonic Storybook Game, Sonic and the Black Knight? I mean, who didn't want to see Darkspine make a return?

Here's another one I just thought of, may be simple, may not.

Since in Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic only absorbed (3 or 4) of the World Rings, it's totally visible that Darkspine Sonic isn't at full power.

My questions is, what would have happened (or what you think) if he had absorbed all 7 World Rings?

I do recall Sonic saying that he thought absorbing all 7 would open the gates of Hell, which was totally awesome to hear him say, but I'm just throwing these out there.

Firstly, you just made me look that up just to be sure that he did say that.

Erazor Djinn briefly absorbed all seven, and could only take on a vaguely more stable, humanoid form once he'd ejected three of them. A being with all seven rings would possess godly power both inside and outside the book. However, I'm inclined to think they might possibly also lead to a balanced personality - there's lot of negative rings bit positive ones as well. Added together they would most likely put one's heart in a state of harmony. One's conscious mind likely remains independent of those influences of course, so Sonic and Erazor would continue their moral alignments, just not be so prone to one emotion over another.

At least, that's what I would reason.

ALSO, why weren't the World Rings a bigger part in the Second Sonic Storybook Game, Sonic and the Black Knight? I mean, who didn't want to see Darkspine make a return?

The Rings were a gimmick of Secret Rings. Black Knight had its own gimmick of the various swords and their mystical powers.

• Thumbs Up 1

Firstly, you just made me look that up just to be sure that he did say that.

Pretty cool, isn't it?

Erazor Djinn briefly absorbed all seven, and could only take on a vaguely more stable, humanoid form once he'd ejected three of them. A being with all seven rings would possess godly power both inside and outside the book. However, I'm inclined to think they might possibly also lead to a balanced personality - there's lot of negative rings bit positive ones as well. Added together they would most likely put one's heart in a state of harmony. One's conscious mind likely remains independent of those influences of course, so Sonic and Erazor would continue their moral alignments, just not be so prone to one emotion over another.

That's an awesome answer, Bro. 

I was thinking on more of a Full Powered Darkspine Sonic, but that's a cool idea too!

Pretty cool, isn't it?

Indeed it is.

I was thinking on more of a Full Powered Darkspine Sonic, but that's a cool idea too!

Well to make it philosophical, I imagine he'd be close to the lighthearted interpretation of God: he wouldn't really be dark anymore. He'd be free from the spiral of emotions most people face, as all the emotions would cancel eachother out and become null. He'd have the omnipotence and omnipresence, and Sonic's kind heart prior to the transformation would leave him as omnibenevolent as well.

I presume he'd give up the power soon after however, because some deep remark that such power shouldn't be in the hands of mortals, or more likely, because life's no fun without challenges. Godhood gets boring after the first few million years.

I didn't, seriously, I wouldn't ask for Gamma in a game other than Sonic Adventure, I wouldn't ask... for time traveling in another game than Sonic CD... etc

What does ARK stand for? The name always appears in all caps, which suggests that it's an acronym.

What does ARK stand for? The name always appears in all caps, which suggests that it's an acronym.

Well, the religious significance is easy: Noah's Ark was meant to save humanity from extinction. Gerald's ARK is meant to save humanity from its inevitable demise at the hands of disease, aging and trauma.

Were it spelled ARC it could easily be "Advanced Research Center," as cliche as that would be.

If it's an acronym the K is important. Kingdom? Kintobor? There's many words that the K could stand for. Gerald said his purpose was to make people happy through science, so the K could stand for "Kinsmanship," since he wished to benefit all people and not just one nationality. Advanced Research for Kinsmanship?

There's really a lot of options...

It is very possible Robotnik was from that world's version of Eastern Europe, however, so it could be a non-English term too.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

So, I have a question that may be kinda stupid:

Okay, from what I know from '06, the game events pretty much were wiped out from the continuity, right? So, actually, nothing had even happened. Then... how did Sonic meet Silver? From what I've seen in Generations, it seems that Sonic and Silver already met, but I don't recall (or know) any canon game besides Generations that they've met.

Edited by ViniciusLC

Okay, from what I know from '06, the game events pretty much were wiped out from the continuity, right? So, actually, nothing had even happened. Then... how did Sonic meet Silver? From what I've seen in Generations, it seems that Sonic and Silver already met, but I don't recall (or know) any canon game besides Generations that they've met.

The Sonic Rival Series re-introduced Silver. (If I remember correctly)

Edited by Eugene H. Krabs

Honestly, I'm concerned with that myself.

I understand that they did "re-introduce" him in Rivals, but I think the whole thing with Silver is just a huge mess. 

Don't get me wrong, I love Silver, he's probably my 3rd or 4th favorite Sonic character. But the whole thing with his introduction and history is still a big mystery.

By the way, while I'm here. Does anyone think it was possible that SEGA has the open mind of possibly making a Silver Game?

I thought of it like this:

Since in Sonic Adventure 2, they introduced Shadow, and fans loved him, not only did they keep him in the series, but also made him his own game to explain his messed up past and such.

Thinking of that, do you think it would have been the same kind of test with Silver? Throwing him out there (bad timing!) to see if fans liked him, and if they did enough, they would make Silver his own game explaining his past?

That'd be cool :3

Hmm, well lessee. Sonic's captured shortly before the Radical Highway stage since Shadow meets Sonic at the end of that.

Presumably Sonic became wanted due to the crimes Shadow committed at the very beginning... though it is kind of odd the military couldn't tell the difference. Unless they wanted to cover it up to hide the fact there was a biological superweapon in their care... suddenly I no longer see the reporters in SA2 as dingbats. It was all a conspiracy...

I presume they must have led Sonic into some sort of trap. He has an apartment, doesn't he? They must have ambushed him while he slept or something. But this is all in the span of a few hours tops so it's kind of hard to guess...

Actually, they just fooled Sonic to take him "to a ride somewhere" (he said so). The GUN troop probably just approached him during his morning jog with a military van disguised as a chilli-dog van. biggrin.png

Edited by Jango

Actually, they just fooled Sonic to take him "to a ride somewhere" (he said so). The GUN troop probably just approached him during his morning jog with a military van disguised as a chilli-dog van. biggrin.png

Hmm, that must have been in one of those intermission scenes which you miss if you don't pause and restart after each level... guess that makes sense. ...also kind of establishes Sonic as a bit of an idiot. Amusing proposal for a chili dog van though.

Thank you for clearing this up!

By the way, while I'm here. Does anyone think it was possible that SEGA has the open mind of possibly making a Silver Game?

Since in Sonic Adventure 2, they introduced Shadow, and fans loved him, not only did they keep him in the series, but also made him his own game to explain his messed up past and such.

Thinking of that, do you think it would have been the same kind of test with Silver? Throwing him out there (bad timing!) to see if fans liked him, and if they did enough, they would make Silver his own game explaining his past?

When you come to think of it, Silver traveled in time and all to find the so-called Iblis Trigger, and pretty much of his story was already told through Sonic the Hedgehog, but in my opinion, like you said, the same way it went with Shadow's story in whole being explained in an independent game, there could be a game that tells us the whole story of Silver and Mephiles, before and after the story of Sonic the Hedgehog, and maybe they can make new events after Silver went back (or forward) to his own time.

But if you ask me, I don't think that's possible, Sonic games are mostly based on speed, Shadow the Hedgehog (the game) didn't miss that aspect, on the contrary, Shadow's game had even new things never seen before than could sometimes give you extra speed, by that I mean motorcycles, cars (yeah there was that one in Heroes but it doesn't count), and Chaos Control that allows you to travel a long distance in a single glance.

I haven't played Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), but from what I saw I can say that Silver's stages weren't so speed-related, boxes and obstacles everywhere, use telekinesis and move them aside, pretty messy, Silver's gameplay isn't much like Sonic's, I'd say it was probably like Team Chaotix in Sonic Heroes, where moving fast didn't always matter, because sometimes the target of the mission is in the middle of the stage.

The Sonic Rival Series re-introduced Silver. (If I remember correctly)

Ok, but does Rivals even count? I know there's also a huge confusion with Eggman Nega and whatever.

I understand that they did "re-introduce" him in Rivals, but I think the whole thing with Silver is just a huge mess. 

Don't get me wrong, I love Silver, he's probably my 3rd or 4th favorite Sonic character. But the whole thing with his introduction and history is still a big mystery.

I don't even like Silver but if Sega wants to make a little more sense of the character they should totally re-introduce him. I doubt that they care about this nowadays but this whole mess with Silver should be cleared up.

I doubt that a Silver game would be interesting but I'm all up for a Sonic game where Silver plays a major role.

• Thumbs Up 1

Think of it like this: regardless of '06's canonicity, Silver's canonical debut was Sonic Rivals. His future is mostly fine except when it is attacked by Eggman the Fancharacter Nega. Iizuka said at Sonic Boom 2012 that Nega's Rivals backstory is his canon one. Henceforth, Silver's Rivals backstory would have to be true as well.

As for a Silver game... after the backlash against the character and Shadow's game, don't count on it.

Like, ever.

• Thumbs Up 1

Iizuka said at Sonic Boom 2012 that Nega's Rivals backstory is his canon one. Henceforth, Silver's Rivals backstory would have to be true as well.

Well I appreciate the info! I didn't know Silver's Rivals story was canon. I'm going to read up on that now. Thanks! 

Here's another question I was wanting to ask. I just got done watching Silver's story from both Sonic Rivals 1 & 2. I see that Silver's future is ruined from the Ifrit instead of Iblis. Also, Eggman Nega is the bad guy in that world. 

So here's my question. Playing Sonic Rush AND Sonic Rush Adventure, we can clearly tell that Eggman Nega is from the world where Blaze is from, since that's her enemy, and such. So, since Blaze and Silver are both from the world where Eggman Nega is the bad guy, does this mean they're both from the same world? (Or the future, whatever you wanna call it)

It doesn't make sense though, Silver is from the Future, where it's all ruined and stuff, but Blaze is from an alternate dimention with Sol Emeralds instead of Chaos Emeralds, and stuff like that. BUT Eggman Nega is from both of those worlds? 

See where I'm getting at? I'm kind of confusing myself by trying to explain all this, but hopefully someone can understand what I'm saying. 

Silver's from a ruined future, and Blaze is from an alternate dimention (Not the Future?) but Eggman Nega is the bad guy in both of those. How is that possible?

ALSO, something I thought of while typing this. How is the Ifrit from Silver's ruined future if he (the Ifrit) is from that story in Sonic and the Secret Rings?

Geez. Are all these plot holes or am I just going crazy? Haha. 
Edited by OmegaXCL

According to the Official Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, some accounts say he's from Silver's time, others say he's from Blaze's world. And he's in a war with the Zone Cops, enforcers of the multiverse who make sure that every zone is stable and that no one causes trouble in other zones. So, yeah let's just say he travels a lot. 

That's Archie continuity Nega.

We're discussing Game continuity Nega.

Please, please don't get the two confused. It's for your own good. Really. I assure you.

Here's another question I was wanting to ask. I just got done watching Silver's story from both Sonic Rivals 1 & 2. I see that Silver's future is ruined from the Ifrit instead of Iblis. Also, Eggman Nega is the bad guy in that world. 

So here's my question. Playing Sonic Rush AND Sonic Rush Adventure, we can clearly tell that Eggman Nega is from the world where Blaze is from, since that's her enemy, and such. So, since Blaze and Silver are both from the world where Eggman Nega is the bad guy, does this mean they're both from the same world? (Or the future, whatever you wanna call it)

It doesn't make sense though, Silver is from the Future, where it's all ruined and stuff, but Blaze is from an alternate dimention with Sol Emeralds instead of Chaos Emeralds, and stuff like that. BUT Eggman Nega is from both of those worlds? 

See where I'm getting at? I'm kind of confusing myself by trying to explain all this, but hopefully someone can understand what I'm saying. 

Silver's from a ruined future, and Blaze is from an alternate dimention (Not the Future?) but Eggman Nega is the bad guy in both of those. How is that possible?

ALSO, something I thought of while typing this. How is the Ifrit from Silver's ruined future if he (the Ifrit) is from that story in Sonic and the Secret Rings?

Geez. Are all these plot holes or am I just going crazy? Haha. 

Think of the whole situation like this:

• Nega exists in Silver's time. Blaze exists 200-something years earlier in the Sol Dimension.
  • Nega is made fun of by everyone since he's Eggman's descendant. He somehow stumbles upon the Sol Dimension and decides to take it over, thinking that will earn him respect. He teams up with Eggman, acting as his doppelganger to mask his true relation.
  • Sonic Rush happens.
  • Sonic Rush Adventure happens.
  • After Adventure, Nega decides to solve his problem at the source - get rid of Eggman and succeed where he failed. He drops the doppelganger guise after this.
  • Rivals happens.
  • Nega unleashes the Ifrit onto Silver's future, resulting in Rivals 2.
  • Nega is sealed away with the Ifrit, and will be (gleefuly) considered dead until further notice.

Oh, and the Ifrit Golem and the Ifrit are completely separate beings.

Edited by Spin Attaxx
  • Thumbs Up 4

^He believes all continuities are canon.

Iizuka confirmed that Nega is from the future and Blaze is from another dimension. As for his appearance in the Rush games, for all we know the dude could've been lying just so he could have a better lineage since he blames Eggman's failures for damaging the credibility of his family's name.

Edited by DarkLight

I know that their separate continuities in different universes, I was just trying to use the explanation given for his comic counterpart as an explanation for the games version's confusing backstory.

^He believes all continuities are canon.

Iizuka confirmed that Nega is from the future and Blaze is from another dimension. As for his appearance in the Rush games, for all we know the dude could've been lying just so he could have a better lineage since he blames Eggman's failures for damaging the credibility of his family's name.

I don't believe that all continuities are canon with each other, only stuff like characters abilities and stuff.