Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

I got one.

What the hell is up with the Pumpkin-shaped spires in SA2?

It just clicked to me and I'm thinking, "...wait what?"

Because in retrospect, that's pretty freaking weird.

Tributes to the god of pumpkins?

Also, concerning the ShTH question, someone on another thread suggested that not all of the stages were places Shadow had been, but were just situations other characters went through by themselves. It's just that after he'd heard what happened, Shadow might have included himself in said adventures because, you know, he's lonely and such. :P

Edited by Potada

Here's one.

Why is Shadow's Chaos Blast so shitty in Sonic '06?

...Oh wait, I just answered my own question.

• Thumbs Up 4

Why is NiGHTS playable in Sonic Riders Zero Gravity but she isn't in Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing?

Edit: Also in SEGA Superstars Tennis... Which means she is a SEGA star after all.

Edited by Mysterious X

Why is NiGHTS playable in Sonic Riders Zero Gravity but she isn't in Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing?

Edit: Also in SEGA Superstars Tennis... Which means she is a SEGA star after all.

Because he doesn't need to be in every all stars game?

NiGHTS is a 'he'? Sorry! XD

So that little AiAi and Samba de Amigo are more popular than NiGHTS or something?

I need a better answer.

NiGHTS is a 'he'? Sorry! XD

So that little AiAi and Samba de Amigo are more popular than NiGHTS or something?

I need a better answer.

It's actually genderless. People just refer to it by which gendered pronoun they want to.

I suppose it's because AiAi and Amigo had more games released at that time?

That's it...Super Monkey Ball is a more updated series...The apparition of NiGHTS in Superstar Tennis coincided with Journey of dreams as well as the re-release of NiGHTS into Dreams HD with All Stars Racing Transformed.

Edited by Seraphinprincess

Makes sense.

I just remembered something I always wanted to know.

In Sonic Adventure DX, in the Egg Carrier, after finishing the Egg Carrier stages, there is something in a capsule that appears to be a black metallic hedgehog, with blue tail and yellow insect eyes, and fingers ready to launch missiles... What is it?

Makes sense.

I just remembered something I always wanted to know.

In Sonic Adventure DX, in the Egg Carrier, after finishing the Egg Carrier stages, there is something in a capsule that appears to be a black metallic hedgehog, with blue tail and yellow insect eyes, and fingers ready to launch missiles... What is it?

250px-591570627.png 138px-Mecha_sonic_sa.png

Silver Sonic MK II is one of the many robots created by Doctor Eggman that are modeled on Sonic the Hedgehog. Its only appearance in the games was in Sonic Adventure, in which it can be seen in a stasis tube near the entrance to Eggman's Final Egg base. It is about twice the size of Sonic. It was unnamed in its game appearance, although it later appeared in the Archie Comics series and was given the name Silver Sonic MK II. Although many fans presume that he is a villain, his affiliation could not be considered evil, as he was never activated. His fate is unknown, but it could be presumed that he remains unactivated in the Final Egg base.

Silver Sonic II Sonic wiki page

Just one of many robot Sonics. In Archie's Sonic, he's Silver Sonic II and briefly attacked Station Square when they were rebuilding after Chaos flooded it. Sonic beat the robot and it was reprogrammed to act as a guardian of the city.

Okay, I have to ask;

When developing the ultimate lifeform, how did Gerald go from a giant lizard thing to a tiny black hedgehog?

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe a mobian hedgehog that looked exactly like Sonic with Black Arms DNA is the best physical form for an Ultimate Lifeform/or it's the best physical form for utilizing Chaos Energy. 

Although I believe that either A) Pr. Gerald, while researching Echidna ruins, came across the Hidden Palace mural, possibly a whole bunch of Sonic prophecies (wouldn't be hard to believe), and thought that Sonic's form would be best. Or B) The Chaos energy used to make Shadow made him into an exact physical replica of Sonic the Hedgehog due to him possibly being the one with the most powerful connection to chaos energy.

Maybe a mobian hedgehog that looked exactly like Sonic with Black Arms DNA is the best physical form for an Ultimate Lifeform/or it's the best physical form for utilizing Chaos Energy. 

Although I believe that either A) Pr. Gerald, while researching Echidna ruins, came across the Hidden Palace mural, possibly a whole bunch of Sonic prophecies (wouldn't be hard to believe), and thought that Sonic's form would be best. Or cool.png The Chaos energy used to make Shadow made him into an exact physical replica of Sonic the Hedgehog due to him possibly being the one with the most powerful connection to chaos energy.

Okay, the first one makes sense, given the mural does show a very Sonic-looking creature and all that. But the second one doesn't given the fact that Sonic wasn't even close to being born when Shadow was created and thus wouldn't have had a connection to chaos energy.

Edited by Special Operative Blaire

I think the BioLizard was made as a kind of "Right, an Ultimate Life Form needs to have this feature, that feature and these features" and it ended up looking like a big lizard. Shadow was more "Okay, let's make that more compact and practical...hey look at this mural depicting a God like being who looks like a hedgehog and fellow who kind of looks like me, oh hi obviously evil monster who wants to help me!"

Edited by The Conductor

Arbitrariness on the part of the dev team in all likelihood. They include the really big SEGA stars and then throw in everyone else at random. Or if you make it clear there's popular demand (as happened with NiGHTS for Transformed). It's the same way the Chaotix, Silver and Blaze are randomly thrown in and out of side titles. They're just thrown in when they've used up all the mains. 

Okay, I have to ask;

When developing the ultimate lifeform, how did Gerald go from a giant lizard thing to a tiny black hedgehog?

The same way we went from gigantic computers that filled up rooms to ones that fit in the palm of your hand.

Trial and error, really. It's how science works; for all we know there were failed models between Shadow and the Biolizard, with the Biolizard merely being the first.

Although I believe that either A) Pr. Gerald, while researching Echidna ruins, came across the Hidden Palace mural, possibly a whole bunch of Sonic prophecies (wouldn't be hard to believe), and thought that Sonic's form would be best. Or cool.png The Chaos energy used to make Shadow made him into an exact physical replica of Sonic the Hedgehog due to him possibly being the one with the most powerful connection to chaos energy.

This is... actually a pretty genius theory. He was surely smart enough to reason the connections between Chaos Emeralds and hedgehogs and probably decided hedgehogs would make the best host. Shadow even LOOKS like Super Sonic to an extent (most evident in the quills), just recolored due to Black Arms DNA.

The only problem that arises is how did he get to Angel Island? It seems the island's rarely encountered by surface dwellers unless it falls, and assuming all echidna ruins are located there...

==

There's a question. Does Angel Island have any sorts of defenses? It seems hard to believe Eggman was the only one to have ever found it after centuries. Did Earth gain modern technology in the span of a decade or two?

Okay, I have to ask;

I don't remember right now where I read it but about this I learnt it was because lizards have the power to regenerate themselves, that's why he started with one (and it was a normal lizard). About Shadow I don't have idea lol

It's not a direct line from one to the other. The Biolizard was a dead end; they tried to kick the natural regeneration abilities of a salamander (or something like it) into overdrive, but they ended up creating something that was huge, mutated, and unable to survive without mechanical life support. Its "immortality" was highly questionable and it was a pretty piss-poor weapon. So, they scrapped that plan, stuck it in the back of the fridge, and tried something new.

Why they picked a hedgehog in particular, who knows. I like the theory that it came from echidnean prophecies, but there's nothing in the games that confirms it.

How did Dr. Robotnik managed to shatter the Master Emerald in Sonic Adventure?

How did Dr. Robotnik managed to shatter the Master Emerald in Sonic Adventure?

You see the Egg Carrier approaching the Island.

Presumably he shot it with a quick laser shot. That thing is very, very fragile. It's a wonder it took until Adventure for the Emerald to shatter into a ton of pieces.

...that we know of, anyway...

The only problem that arises is how did he get to Angel Island? It seems the island's rarely encountered by surface dwellers unless it falls, and assuming all echidna ruins are located there...

==

There's a question. Does Angel Island have any sorts of defenses? It seems hard to believe Eggman was the only one to have ever found it after centuries. Did Earth gain modern technology in the span of a decade or two?

The Hidden Palace mural was probably replicated in other echidna civilisations that met their own end either due to Chaos or other means (war, famine etc.). Gerald likely stumbled onto the mural in a different set of ruins.

As for Angel Island having defenses, it's possible that the Master Emerald has some sort of field that stops satellites from seeing it or something.

The Hidden Palace mural was probably replicated in other echidna civilisations that met their own end either due to Chaos or other means (war, famine etc.). Gerald likely stumbled onto the mural in a different set of ruins.

That kind of makes one wonder the plausibility of all echidnas dying out if they split up between the surface and island, though. How far did the echidnas spread out before the island rose into the heavens? Assuming it was on the ground to begin with, of course.

As for Angel Island having defenses, it's possible that the Master Emerald has some sort of field that stops satellites from seeing it or something.

Would make sense. Sonic X did have the emeralds causing most machinery to malfunction... and who's to say that the same doesn't apply to the game's emeralds?

==

Here's one that just hit me. What happened between SA2 and Heroes? I mean, let's be honest here. They all went home, but I find it hard to believe the heroes thought Eggman had changed, and I find it hard to believe Eggman wasn't planning some way to backstab them now that the imminent threat was over. Are both these sides really that dense?

Didn't Eggman openly say to Tails during the credits that nothing's changed and that he'd still be trying to rule the world?

Also, the landmass that would become Angel Island was still part of the Mystic Ruins before Chaos' attack.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

Didn't Eggman openly say to Tails during the credits that nothing's changed and that he'd still be trying to rule the world?

I don't remember that at all. I recall the exchange going:

"As a child I looked up to my grandfather for all he accomplished in his life. He was my hero, and I wanted to be a great scientist like him. But, did he really mean to destroy us...?"

"I don't know. But what I do know is, we all did it together!"

"You're right."

That was Eggman and Tails' exchange; I've watched the final story so many times I probably would have noticed Eggman being a nemesis. Perhaps it was somewhere in the gameplay? I know all sorts of minor details are often in the gameplay segments.

It's likely that it was a momentary ceasefire of sorts. The heroes knew Eggman would attack again (he's too much of an egomaniac to resist), but after saving the world from an insane dead guy, they'd stop for a bit.