Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

This is definitely going to be unpopular. But overall I prefer the Advance games to the Genesis games. Don't get me wrong I adore S3K but something about the Advance games has just always felt "right" to me. They have beautiful level tropes, specifically Advance 2 and 3, a beautiful soundtrack, lovable sprites and really nice attention to detail. Not saying the Genesis games don't have this, they definitely do. But the Advance games definitely aren't lacking in any of these categories. 

In Advance 3 when you partner Amy up with Sonic she sways back and forth with hearts flying out of her head, that doesn't happen when she's with someone else. And Amy, Tails, and Cream all sort of sweat and struggle when carrying their partner, but Sonic and Knuckles don't as they're stronger then those 3. Everyone's idle animation in the entire Advance series is so nice to look at and portrays the characters personality really well. Plus these games are just so unique and tried new things. Advance 1 plays more or less like the classics, so when you're in the mood for that this one's perfect. 2 added such a sense of speed that I don't think we've seen before in a 2D Sonic game, at least not to that level. And yeah it was hard, and the level design isn't always the best, but I still had a blast playing it and it feels so satisfying when you know the level layouts and play the levels really well. Kind of how Unleashed is. Though I understand that type of this isn't for everyone, but it just so happens it's right up my alley (I love Unleashed). Advance 3 added the super cool partner mechanic, and honestly it's probably my favorite mechanic that's been added to the series. It's a shame we've never seen anything like it again. Well S4ep2 kind of did but it wasn't really as fun and felt slow in that game, but I digress. All the buddy combinations and all the different attacks you have depending on the characters you choose. It's such an adventure that's fun in and of itself. I can sort of understand why people don't like this series but I for one have always loved it, and always will. But I really do think the Advance games are incredibly underrated. But whatever. I really just find myself wanting to replay these games as opposed to the genesis ones more often. 

Plus the Advance games have always been really good to Amy. She really deserves it <3. Honestly the Advances have been good to all the main characters and Cream. If only the main games could do this too.

• Thumbs Up 5

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

latest?cb=20140922143707

Does anyone else like this character? I do! 

I love her design as it is very colorful and detailed. Not only that but she is cute in personality to with being polite and formal to everyone. Gameplay wise, she's fun to play with, the flying ablties are pretty cool and attacking bosses at a far rage can be tricky but awesome as well. 

I want to see this character make a return soon :)

• Thumbs Up 4

latest?cb=20140922143707

I love her design as it is very colorful and detailed. Not only that but she is cute in personality to with being polite and formal to everyone. Gameplay wise, she's fun to play with, the flying ablties are pretty cool and attacking bosses at a far rage can be tricky but awesome as well. 

Cream's a cute character, but I find her to be a bit lacking the personality department.

latest?cb=20140922143707

Cream is a cute character but her personality could be more......fitting(?) with the main series. Like Sonic is an action series (in terms of the main series atleast), we all can agree to that. But of course, it's also a kids series too so of course, a franchise like Sonic is gonna have its kid characters. Cream is one of those characters.

I don't mind her being sweet and innocent and stuff but she should still be able to fight and stuff, like in Advance 2 (LITERALLY BROKEN AS FUCK!) and Battle!

I just feel that Cream should have more of a personality outside of "sweet and nice" which is kind of hard since Amy can also be portrayed as the "sweet and nice one" too but it helps that Amy is allowed to be a bit more of a ditz/wackjob when she needs to. So I guess Cream can be played more straight, I guess in contrast with Amy.

I don't know, I don't hate her but I just feel like she could be much more.

• Thumbs Up 4

Cream is a cute character but her personality could be more......fitting(?) with the main series. Like Sonic is an action series (in terms of the main series atleast), we all can agree to that. But of course, it's also a kids series too so of course, a franchise like Sonic is gonna have its kid characters. Cream is one of those characters.

I don't mind her being sweet and innocent and stuff but she should still be able to fight and stuff, like in Advance 2 (LITERALLY BROKEN AS FUCK!) and Battle!

I just feel that Cream should have more of a personality outside of "sweet and nice" which is kind of hard since Amy can also be portrayed as the "sweet and nice one" too but it helps that Amy is allowed to be a bit more of a ditz/wackjob when she needs to. So I guess Cream can be played more straight, I guess in contrast with Amy.

I don't know, I don't hate her but I just feel like she could be much more.

Yeah, I agree that Cream should be more than just the "sweet and nice" character since we already have that character in Amy.

I also don't really like the fact that Amy is usually flanderized (like in Free Riders, or Rush) in games that Cream is in.

Personally, I would like to see Cream & Amy have a relationship like Sonic & Tails. I mean, SEGA say that they have a sisterhood, and I would like to see that explored.

Edited by D.H
  • Thumbs Up 5

Archie Cream is the best Cream.

She sweet, innocent, yet can still fly into a hilarious rage when witnessing cheating and rude manners. Plus she's capable too - she may not be involved in too much action, but she stands out when she does.

• Thumbs Up 5

I wish I could find the page where Cream was telling Amy that he was dating Princess Sally haha

latest?cb=20140922143707

OMG YES!!! I love Cream! In fact, she's one of my favorite characters of all time! (Though she shares that spot alongside Sonic, Tails, Amy, and a few other characters in other fiction)

I could write a huge paragraph as to why I love Cream but I'll just keep it brief and say I love her cause she's adorable, she's a badass (Seriously, am I the only one who noticed that in most of Cream's playable appearances she's a "Game Breaker" or one of the more powerful, useful characters to play as?), and because of how under-appreciated she is. Of course, I understand why Cream doesn't get much appreciation in the first place (SEGA/Sonic Team and their love for mishandling characters) but I think Cream has a lot of good potential that just needs to be tapped into, though bits of her characters could also use some work to both fit in Sonic and be a proper contrast to Amy Rose (because I see incredible potential in her friendship with Amy Rose that I'm willing to admit was not handled well, again thanks to SEGA/Sonic Team's love for mishandling their characters). Just like you, I seriously want to see Cream return in the games soon and, unlike Sonic Runners, actually be utilized in a favorable way.

Archie Cream is the best Cream.

She sweet, innocent, yet can still fly into a hilarious rage when witnessing cheating and rude manners. Plus she's capable too - she may not be involved in too much action, but she stands out when she does.

Well, I want to agree with you wholeheartedly but there's one thing that prevents me from fully appreciating Archie!Cream: she doesn't do anything. At least, nothing of importance or significance. If it's perfectly acceptable, I'm just going to link a post that may or may not have been written by me in another Sonic-based forum that gets across my thoughts on Archie and its treatment of Cream http://www.bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8380.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic CD, while not necessarily better designed than the Genesis trilogy, is more enjoyable for me to play and is actually my favorite classic title. The creative level tropes, time travel concept that encourages level exploration, simple plot that works, and both soundtracks pretty much cement it over 1, 2, and 3 & K for me. It's the 2D Sonic game with the most personality, and I appreciate it for that.

Edited by Chaos Incarnate
  • Thumbs Up 1

I actually think that Sonic '06 was a lot better than Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric. I had fun trying to play '06, while RoL wasn't fun at all.

• Thumbs Up 7

I love Sonic 2006. That was my first Sonic game it got me to the series. It was fun and I was attach to the plot

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I want to agree with you wholeheartedly but there's one thing that prevents me from fully appreciating Archie!Cream: she doesn't do anything. At least, nothing of importance or significance.

That's...kinda what I meant when I said she wasn't involved too much.

But Cream (and Big) did help out Sally and the other Freedom Fighters when they were ambushed by 3 E-100 series robots in the comics. That's what stood out as far as her action role went. Mind you, I'm talking about the Nu252 Post-Reboot. If we're talking overall, including before the reboot, her roles were a lot more subtle as a support, but not necessarily insignificant as part of Team Freedom - she's not exactly an active fighter, but fighting isn't the only thing you can do in a story.

It's really more that she doesn't do a lot. But when she's present Cream generally does do something provided she gets more than a page to do something other than fill background, such as finding the missing constitution that was planned to be ratified in issue 44 of Sonic Universe, and airlifting people to safety when a building was going to fall on people thanks to Tails Doll in Issue 236, helping Blaze find the Sol Emerald with Team Hooligan, Team Dark, and the Babylon Rogue trying to go after it.

EDIT - also, reading Ian's run of Pre-Genesis Wave Archie Sonic brings back such grand memories.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

Opinion: I think the comics are way too confusing to get into. I mean, there's what, 277 issues now? Excluding the reboot (whatever it's called), there's be a ton to read just to catch up on it all.

I think the key problem with Cream is that she's in a universe where her traits of being super happy, sweet natured and pacifistic, are sparsely challenged or treated as flawed, which makes her kinda one note, and given her nature, a bit too sickly sweet without the pro of any irony or jokes at her expense. The nearest to any exceptions generally come off as out of character humour (eg. the Knuckles abuse gags) which generally just make her personality seem even weaker and less likeable.

This is what makes the difference in Sonic being the charismatic super ace in Sonic X or an arrogant blowhard in Boom or Archie, whether the story earnestly contradicts the character at any time. I think it's also why development for a lot of characters such as Sally falls because changing a character to have traits for the specific story isn't the same as challenging their defining ones.

I think this is why Battle and parts of Archie are seen as stronger displays of character for Cream, they test her personality. She's shown the world isn't always going to be idealistic and being nice and opposed to confrontation all the time can result in you being a doormat or a burden. She comes off as having more flaws and the ability to grow as a result. Some of her neuroses in these examples are also kinda funny and endearing.

Edited by E-122-Psi
  • Thumbs Up 1

My opinion: I think that Sonic Unleashed is a good game while the other portion of fans say that the game is mediocre or terrible. I think Unleashed was fun in my opinion but many people don't seem to agree with me.

• Thumbs Up 3

My opinion: I think that Sonic Unleashed is a good game while the other portion of fans say that the game is mediocre or terrible. I think Unleashed was fun in my opinion but many people don't seem to agree with me.

I agree with you.

I enjoy playing Unleashed, day and night. It also has what I think is the best story in the entire franchise, but that's just me.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's...kinda what I meant when I said she wasn't involved too much.

But Cream (and Big) did help out Sally and the other Freedom Fighters when they were ambushed by 3 E-100 series robots in the comics. That's what stood out as far as her action role went. Mind you, I'm talking about the Nu252 Post-Reboot. If we're talking overall, including before the reboot, her roles were a lot more subtle as a support, but not necessarily insignificant as part of Team Freedom - she's not exactly an active fighter, but fighting isn't the only thing you can do in a story.

It's really more that she doesn't do a lot. But when she's present Cream generally does do something provided she gets more than a page to do something other than fill background, such as finding the missing constitution that was planned to be ratified in issue 44 of Sonic Universe, and airlifting people to safety when a building was going to fall on people thanks to Tails Doll in Issue 236, helping Blaze find the Sol Emerald with Team Hooligan, Team Dark, and the Babylon Rogue trying to go after it.

I don't know... I still feel like Archie!Cream is severely lacking in the "action" department, especially compared to other characters and when you take into account Cream's LONG absence from the comics before her official debut and how long she has been in the comics since her debut. I mean, she wasn't allowed in the comics for eight entire years and when she finally gets in, what major stuff has she done in the five years she's been in them? At most, two: saving Bunnie in 231 and rescuing the entire FF (sans Sonic) in 267, but even then both examples weren't treated as "big" moments for Cream. Especially 267... That should've been the big moment for Archie!Cream, a turning point for her character that lets her grow and become a more active Freedom Fighter as well as earn the acknowledgement from the other Freedom Fighters that she is a capable member of the team and thus can partake in missions. But Cream doesn't get any acknowledgement whatsoever for her essentially saving everyone's lives and afterwards she continues to be sidelined and not allowed to go on missions.

Meanwhile, the other stuff Archie!Cream has done in her five years in the comic: airlifting people (the most basic thing any flying character can do), blindsiding an enemy, chickening out of a fight, finding a lost folder, trying to do something legitimately useful only to be shown ineffective (such as attempting to get Bean and Bark to help out against Metal Sonic), directing the FF while Sally was having a nervous breakdown (which is even more negligible as we don't even see her do it), serving cookies and coffee to the Freedom Fighters, and giving Sally a band-aid... Compare that with all the other characters, who actually get to do shit. As rare as Team Dark, Blaze, Silver, and Team Chaotix's appearances are in the comics, whenever they do appear they get stuff done and look awesome doing it! Even Big gets to take part in plenty of action, meaningfully contribute to the story in certain ways, and gets a very heartfelt moment in SU 72. Cream meanwhile, ends up looking completely useless in all her appearances, even for a support role, and most of the "emotion" she brings is humor. I don't recall any "heartwarming" or "tear jerking" moments from Archie!Cream (ironic since her character is pretty much made for both of those emotions) and she only has two good "awesome" moments to list. I guess I wouldn't mind that so much if Cream wasn't already presented as at least useful, even game-breakingly powerful, in the games (making her being sidelined for "inexperience" and all those ineffectual moments jarring to me) and if her character wasn't already being criminally under-utilized. The comics usually expand the roles of the characters who don't appear very often in the games (as is the case with Team Dark, Team Chaotix, and Silver) but what part of Archie!Cream is any better than how she was treated in the games and Sonic X? Sure, she's an official member of the Freedom Fighters but, again, most of that time is spent being a waitress and staying on Sky Patrol doing nothing, most often without a compelling reason.

Though maybe I'm making too big a deal out of this and missing a lot of points. I seem to be the only person who sees a problem with Cream's depiction and treatment in Archie so perhaps that is the case. All I know is that I desperately want Archie!Cream to start doing actual stuff soon but it doesn't appear that will happen for a long time... And I've already been waiting for that to happen for four years so, of course, I've become rather impatient.

Well don't worry, I agree with you :) I too think Unleashed is a good, fun game! Hell, Unleashed is #1 in my list of favorite Sonic games! The graphics and atmosphere are breathtaking, the story, while perhaps lacking in certain areas and could've been better, was at least engaging and kept a good balance between light and dark tones, and I really enjoyed both Day and Night gameplays. Though, I am willing to admit the choice of gameplay for the Night Stages was not a good one and SEGA/Sonic Team really should've went for a gameplay that complements the Day Stages, rather than contrasts, and didn't intentionally make it tedious to lengthen the game. But even then, I think the Night Stages were at least competently made and so I'd be hard-pressed to legitimately call them bad

• Thumbs Up 1

Weird and unpopular opinion: Wave deserves to be the leader of the Babylon Rogues.
She's actually the one who does every job inside the thief group. Yes, Jet is the fastest one...but Wave is more responsable.

I think Jet only got to be leader because his father chose him to and his dad supposedly being the leader of the past Babylon gang. It really has nothing to do with being who's less or more responsible for the position in this case.

Besides, there's more to being a leader than being responsible. There's bravery, charisma, and being able to rally and support your teammates, etc. Aside from being the mechanic and occasional straight-man to Jet and Storm's antics, Wave doesn't really have any of the qualities I just listed. 

Edited by DarkLight
  • Thumbs Up 1

I agree. Theres more to be a leader then being smart. To be a leader, you have to have confidence in your team and you have to understand your team and lead them to victory. For that Tails could be the leader of Team Sonic. But he doesnt have the bravery, heart or the charisma to lead the team like Sonic does. Same with the Rouges. 

Edited by Sonikku/
  • Thumbs Up 2

On this particular forum, that seems like a pretty popular opinion.

Opinion: I think the comics are way too confusing to get into. I mean, there's what, 277 issues now? Excluding the reboot (whatever it's called), there's be a ton to read just to catch up on it all.

Honestly, pre-reboot this is understandable, but post-reboot it's really not that confusing. The universe is much more similar to the games and there hasn't been a chance to build up years and years of complicated material. There's not only no need to read all the issues, you don't even need to read all the post-reboot to get what's going on.

• Thumbs Up 5

I don't know... I still feel like Archie!Cream is severely lacking in the "action" department, especially compared to other characters and when you take into account Cream's LONG absence from the comics before her official debut and how long she has been in the comics since her debut.

Though maybe I'm making too big a deal out of this and missing a lot of points. I seem to be the only person who sees a problem with Cream's depiction and treatment in Archie so perhaps that is the case. All I know is that I desperately want Archie!Cream to start doing actual stuff soon but it doesn't appear that will happen for a long time... And I've already been waiting for that to happen for four years so, of course, I've become rather impatient.

I really think you're making a bit too big a deal out of it and are rather downplaying certain moments she's taken part in.

Yeah, I recognize that she hasn't done much in the "action" department - that's why I said she wasn't much of an active fighter and was more subtle as a support. But you're missing the forest for the trees - you just flat out listed many of the things Cream has done, and you think she's lacking in action? Game!Cream barely has anything close to that resume, her only noticable roles being her involvment in Heroes and Battle, where as in games like ShTH and Generations she hardly did anything. (where the Advance series applies storywise, I've no clue, so feel free to explain that if you want). Plus, let's not forget when she helped out Amy in fighting Captain Metal in the final issue of the Pirate Plunder Arc before Blaze went Super...er, Burning.

And given how much more inactive she was in Sonic X (the cartoon, haven't bothered with the comics), I'd say that Archie!Cream is a lot better. That's especially considering that Sonic himself was damn near treated as a side character despite his name being the title of the show, so I don't think Cream fared any better. The only notable thing I can remember of Sonic X (and you're more than welcome to remind me of what I don't know) was her and Emerl, which while that's a strong moment in the character, that kinda makes her seem weak everywhere else in the cartoon.

Now, I fully encourage Cream taking even greater action than what she has been doing when the opportunity presents itself, but let's not downplay everything here as if she's been flat out useless or isn't as noticable as other portrayals. Compared to her rather meager roles in the games, and her more background roles in Sonic X besides the Battle arc, Archie!Cream is a much more active character by comparison.

Meanwhile, I can't remember much of what some of my favorite characters like Conquering Storm did, besides give orders. But I'm cool with waiting. :lol:

Really, don't sell your favorite character short here - she may not have done much, but the very little she has done in the comics is a mountain compared to what she's done in every other continuity she's been in (at least the ones I know of). And the fact that she's well liked in the comics compared to other settings says something.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

I really think you're making a bit too big a deal out of it and are rather downplaying certain moments she's taken part in.

Yeah, I recognize that she hasn't done much in the "action" department - that's why I said she wasn't much of an active fighter and was more subtle as a support. But you're missing the forest for the trees - you just flat out listed many of the things Cream has done, and you think she's lacking in action? Game!Cream barely has anything close to that resume, her only noticable roles being her involvment in Heroes and Battle, where as in games like ShTH and Generations she hardly did anything. (where the Advance series applies storywise, I've no clue, so feel free to explain that if you want). Plus, let's not forget when she helped out Amy in fighting Captain Metal in the final issue of the Pirate Plunder Arc before Blaze went Super...er, Burning.

And given how much more inactive she was in Sonic X (the cartoon, haven't bothered with the comics), I'd say that Archie!Cream is a lot better. That's especially considering that Sonic himself was damn near treated as a side character despite his name being the title of the show, so I don't think Cream fared any better. The only notable thing I can remember of Sonic X (and you're more than welcome to remind me of what I don't know) was her and Emerl, which while that's a strong moment in the character, that kinda makes her seem weak everywhere else in the cartoon.

Now, I fully encourage Cream taking even greater action than what she has been doing when the opportunity presents itself, but let's not downplay everything here as if she's been flat out useless or isn't as noticable as other portrayals. Compared to her rather meager roles in the games, and her more background roles in Sonic X besides the Battle arc, Archie!Cream is a much more active character by comparison.

Meanwhile, I can't remember much of what some of my favorite characters like Conquering Storm did, besides give orders. But I'm cool with waiting. :lol:

Really, don't sell your favorite character short here - she may not have done much, but the very little she has done in the comics is a mountain compared to what she's done in every other continuity she's been in (at least the ones I know of). And the fact that she's well liked in the comics compared to other settings says something.

My dream game is to have a Treasure Team Tango-esque plotline with Cream, Blaze, and Amy as the stars in game that feels like the spiritual successor of Sonic 3 & Knuckles

That being said, I feel Cream has the most potential to fill the role of the kid who wants to get better at taking on challenges and to pull her weight within the group, and for the most part she has been portrayed as this in the comics albeit in the background most of the time but it's more than what can be said about her game appearances.  Cream looks up to Sonic as a hero and role model.  I'd love for the games to use that as a motivation to do something instead of having her appearances be boiled down to she got lost playing and happened upon whatever Sonic and team were doing.  Something else I'd like to see more of is Cream and Amy interacting. She is to Amy what Tails is to Sonic and it saddens me they don't take advantage of this dynamic friendship whenever Sonic Team lets Amy come off the sidelines.  It's why SU #21-24 and SU #55-58 are two of my favorite arcs in the comics.  Amy and Cream's interaction with each other is entertaining to watch as she plays straight-man to Amy's antics. I feel there is a lot of untapped potential that so far is only be satiated in the comics but put aside in the medium most people pay attention to. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Answering for the "charisma and brave post" (I lost it.)
Problem is that Jet has nothing of these. He treats pretty bad both Wave and Storm.
But yeah, it seems like his dad give him the leader position.

Edited by Rondineviola

Okay, when you put it all like that, you make a very good point, if not the best point anyone has made in favor of Archie!Cream in response to what I've said. That isn't to say what they have said were "poor" but I think what you've said will finally make me shut up about this subject (cause I have voiced this argument many times before and needless to say I think it's getting annoying, assuming it hasn't already :lol: ) But yeah, looking back, Archie!Cream has done a lot more than either her Game and X version have (though I will say I think Cream canonically rescued Vanilla (the first time) in Advance 2 since she only appears in Cream's ending and Cream did actually partake in some action in Season 3 of X, but yeah for the most part Cream literally did nothing else throughout X) and I have been unconsciously downplaying her legit moments, especially that Captain Metal fight! For some reason I thought Cream didn't actually participate in that fight and only airlifted Amy around like she had done plenty of times beforehand but reading it again she actually does get involved in a true support fashion.

I guess I just got overly frustrated because, obviously, I'm very passionate about Cream (strange as that may sound) and I had high expectations for how Archie would utilize her, especially after not using her for so long (granted, due to a stupid mandate by SEGA). So, of course, I would only become disappointed when her actions were mostly limited to airlifting people (which I still don't find very useful since, again, any character who can fly can do that and there are quite a lot of them) and other stuff that, to me, are underwhelming or negligible. Of course, Cream's infrequent appearances don't help (seriously, she didn't appear for nearly an entire year after TTT and I don't think I need to mention her complete absence in World's Collide) and I still think that Cream's current treatment in the book, being an official Freedom Fighter but acting mostly as a waitress and getting sidelined on all the missions, doesn't do her any favors since she's now in a rather important position but she's not being allowed to do anything to justify it (especially when you take into account all the other character's actions, such as Big), which anyone can use as an argument as to why Cream doesn't "belong" in the franchise or why she would be better off at home with Vanilla instead of venturing off. Also I swear if the next thing she does is find a lost object or give someone a band-aid I'm going to legit scream. But you are still correct in that I'm making too big a deal out of this and have been downplaying her actions as completely useless. Besides, if you're willing to wait for when your favorite characters get to actually do stuff then I should too.

Hidden Content

That being said, I feel Cream has the most potential to fill the role of the kid who wants to get better at taking on challenges and to pull her weight within the group, and for the most part she has been portrayed as this in the comics albeit in the background most of the time but it's more than what can be said about her game appearances.  Cream looks up to Sonic as a hero and role model.  I'd love for the games to use that as a motivation to do something instead of having her appearances be boiled down to she got lost playing and happened upon whatever Sonic and team were doing.  Something else I'd like to see more of is Cream and Amy interacting. She is to Amy what Tails is to Sonic and it saddens me they don't take advantage of this dynamic friendship whenever Sonic Team lets Amy come off the sidelines.  It's why SU #21-24 and SU #55-58 are two of my favorite arcs in the comics.  Amy and Cream's interaction with each other is entertaining to watch as she plays straight-man to Amy's antics. I feel there is a lot of untapped potential that so far is only be satiated in the comics but put aside in the medium most people pay attention to. 

Here, here! I'd also love for Cream's curiosity (which she is stated to possess in some background material) is used as a "motivation" for her by way of making her want to explore and learn more of the world. It can also work as an effective flaw, when used correctly at least.

And yeah, that's something I'm fully willing to give Archie credit for in regards to Cream: they actually treat Amy and Cream as good friends, as a dynamic duo, whereas the games this isn't all too apparent (especially in Battle, Rush, and Free Riders, where their relationship can easily come off as abusive) and Sonic Boom decided to create Sticks instead of importing Cream. Of course, I wish they'd go on a lot more missions together (which makes Cream's forced sidelining in the Freedom Fighters even more bothersome, for me at least) but I guess that's just something I'll have to be patient with as well.

Edited by Kaotic Kanine