Awoo.

Rev up for the SSMB All Stars Transformed Tournament!

Lady Soniko

Practice races for Xbox 360 went very well, I'm sure we'll be ready for this upcoming Staurday. Here's the results:

KrazyBean: 47 points

Me: 44 points

Chaos Warp: 34 points

Sephy: 32 points

Edited by Felix

Y'know, instead of playing as many stages as possible within the hour, why don't we just play 4 stages and a 5 stage if there is a tie between the 1st and 2nd player?

Y'know, instead of playing as many stages as possible within the hour, why don't we just play 4 stages and a 5 stage if there is a tie between the 1st and 2nd player?

Arena battle between the tied racers, at the end of the tournament would be better than at the end of every GP I think. It's more exciting.

Arena battle between the tied racers, at the end of the tournament would be better than at the end of every GP I think. It's more exciting.

...I've never even played an Arena battle before...LOL.

Was actually waiting for the updates to come out to fix issues so the race could be fair and fun, and then they came and what a fucking surprise nothing was fixed besides nerfing Super Difficulty in world tour. Cars still rebound you around like a sonic spring on fucking crack, some stages are still broken.

Anyway as the Host of this, seeing so many people drop out was a shame, I suppose this isn't classed as the proper tourney with prizes and such because out of 60+ contenders, only a handful actually took part, I'm willing to hold it off until a better time and place presents itself for everyone, I'm guessing round about the summer holidays when people have a ton of free time (besides the workers unfortunately) as for now this will remain the central hub for SSMB lobby races when you want to arrange them, the current tourney going on that Felix and several others are leading can resume as tester tourney's, however I will be expecting feedback from the hosts as to how it went, what problems they've encountered both with the game and connection issues and what potentially will need to be removed i.e. broken stages.

I will re-open submission forms sometime in the future if you're interested.

P.S all that waiting and the 3DS version turns out to be total garbage too, don't know how you guys can play it to be honest.

• Thumbs Up 6

I can report the collision wasn't a major issue in the PC version, though there was a disconnect (latency is either handled much better, or is just not nearly as bad for PC). That good old connection instability of SEGA. Wii U's collisions...my God. They were something else. Speaking of stages, I'll have to test Burning Depths next time, as that's been an issue since launch. I'll report on it once I've done so. 

As for restrictions, I'll just suggest we do not bother racing on Chilly Castle. It wasn't really designed all that well to begin with, and with all the latency in some versions, I would expect it just to annoy people more.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph
  • Thumbs Up 1

If there's one thing that kinda sucks IMO, is the bloody all-star move. You can't disable it, and some characters are really lucky on getting ASM, like, when they're in third or even second place. The races we did last week(PS3) were an ASM fest, sometimes even glitching others players. The only way to turn it off is doing a boost race, but it turns off all power-ups, so... I don't know.

• Thumbs Up 2

Boost Race has been the best mode in the game for a while.

Yeah, especially in World Tour...it's my favorite event. Just good racing without the item spam you'd normally get when playing S-Class.

The only problem with boost mode besides the lack of spammy weapons (lol) is that the tracks have a fair few more boost pads littered around the track, it's designed to keep a boost on your exhaust for boost mode events in World Tour, and a player who is ahead will always stay ahead unless they fuck up and crash somewhere on the course which means gaining on racers is pretty hard to do when your rivals are constantly boosting ahead of you.

It's also hell when the lobby is full of 10 racers and you just boost into each other, the rebound is far worse in boost race than it is in normal races.

Boost Race is great because you get to go really fast all the time. It's also more about skill and knowing how to race and less about whether you get an All-Star in 3rd place or not.

Even with items on, the person who gets ahead has a huge tendency to stay ahead so I don't really see how its superior outside of just liking the overall wackiness and zaniness of items more.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, Soniko got a point, and I think I agree. The power-ups are one way to make the race more fair, but the ASM sucks, since you don't need any skill to hit others players D=

It actually depends on the move. I can say I barely ever hit anyone with Ralph's because, it's area of effect. Now, Eggman, Joe Musashi, Tails, and AGES? Yeah, auto lock-on.

• Thumbs Up 2

On the whole thing about being disappointed in people leaving the tourney...

I kind of lost interest in the game. As said before, online has been pretty broken for quite some time. The promised patch apparently didn't even entirely fix the issue. I guess the game is fun but I just don't feel like loading it up anymore.

• Thumbs Up 3

It is ridiculous how long it took to get a patch to fix things I think that's been my main killer too, that and there's only like 16 tracks and S0L said there aren't going to be any more as DLC, he's also gone quiet on the poll racers and the possibilities of a soundtrack release, It's starting to look like the Generations DLC all over again lol.

Like I wouldn't be so bothered about playing online if there were more player options rather than game modes, for one I'd want to turn off the fucking A.I and just play with my friends, or switch off items or certain items kinda like brawl/melee, so yeah so much wasted potential on 4 extra modes no one bothers playing.

• Thumbs Up 6

On the whole thing about being disappointed in people leaving the tourney...

I kind of lost interest in the game. As said before, online has been pretty broken for quite some time. The promised patch apparently didn't even entirely fix the issue. I guess the game is fun but I just don't feel like loading it up anymore.

I'm also losing interest because of this very reason. I'm so FED UP playing 'pinball race mode' online...y'know what? Take me off the tourney. Thanks to the patch doing f*ck all I can't be bothered with playing this game online anymore.

I'd rather spend my time with the other new games I recently got now. The game is excellent...when you play it offline that is.

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 3

I don't know what are you talking about, Soniko, but the patch did fixed the bouncing collission online, at least on the PS3 version. But like Hogfather said, this time you don't bounce when you hit another player, both of them slowdown a little. It's not as game breaking as before, but it's certainly better.

And heck, really, I wish the game customization were as good as CTR, were you can make team battle, select which itens are going to be on and off... at least an option to turn off the all-star move or the AI in custom online race. If I'm playing online, of course I don't want AI!...

Well anyway, we should adress this ideas to Sumo, and see if they can add them(can't be that complicated) on the patch that will come with the DLC(if that really happens).

The patch fixing the major collision issues is the main reason I even give a shit about this game now.

I'm actually looking to play it more often.

• Thumbs Up 1

It sucks because the patch still didn't help with ramps while on boat and the trick glitch is still happening too so yeah this patch didn't really help all that much and while the collision is slightly better, it is still pretty easy to be bumped.

I don't really know what's up, the PC version has the least amount of collision issues. In fact, I've never encountered anyway. I don't see what's so hard about fixing it on consoles. Maybe it's not an issue in the PC version due to Steam servers being better, I don't know.