Awoo.

Rev up for the SSMB All Stars Transformed Tournament!

Lady Soniko

So is the 360 tourney still on for tomorrow or has it been pushed back?

Just so I know to practice tonight instead of loading up Infinite...

The patch fixing the major collision issues is the main reason I even give a shit about this game now.

I'm actually looking to play it more often.

Going off previous posts, apparently it's still a problem.

Felix's test tourney is still up and running I believe, and Ralph seems to be holding open races when he can, as for the collision issues on consoles it has been toned down slightly, like it's not as bad? But it is Still bad enough to be obnoxious and unfair on racers.

However I've just gotten around to upgrading my gaming experience with a HDMI Cable for my 360 (god, get with the times Soniko you retro bitch!) and my TV is now spouting out 1080i full HD and now I'm actually playing better as it's much brighter and vibrant and I can see more stuff on track now :P

It still doesn't excuse there being a severe lack of online customization options to really set up the ideal Tournament environment, but if we have to make do with what we have we'll just have to deal, find a suitable time where most of you will be up for this, get some prizes and really shoot this off big time.

• Thumbs Up 3

The collision still seems like ass on the Wii U. On the PC, it seems to be fine though. Generally both racers just get slowed.

So since the test tourney is later today, do I add Felix's gamertag to participate? Haven't played for a few weeks now so I'm kinda excited to see what this patch did and how the tourney will go.

Felix's test tourney is still up and running I believe, and Ralph seems to be holding open races when he can, as for the collision issues on consoles it has been toned down slightly, like it's not as bad? But it is Still bad enough to be obnoxious and unfair on racers.

However I've just gotten around to upgrading my gaming experience with a HDMI Cable for my 360 (god, get with the times Soniko you retro bitch!) and my TV is now spouting out 1080i full HD and now I'm actually playing better as it's much brighter and vibrant and I can see more stuff on track now tongue.png

It still doesn't excuse there being a severe lack of online customization options to really set up the ideal Tournament environment, but if we have to make do with what we have we'll just have to deal, find a suitable time where most of you will be up for this, get some prizes and really shoot this off big time.

I'm still holding test tourneys, and as you said before, it'd be better to kick this off during the summer season, as most people will be much less busy than usual. I'll be sure to report the results on each console I'm hosting the test tourneys on (Last time we raced with the patch, collision issues were much, MUCH better for 360/PS3, still terrible in the Wii U version.)

To answer your question Coral, yes, you do.

Edited by Felix

So we're going by the same schedule as last week, right? 

And if so, what was that again?

Sorry, I can't participate today. I won't be home in time for it.

I do hope in the future we can do more of these and with more people.wink.png

The 360 test tourney starts at 4:30 pm est, I'll be making a lobby if anyone wants to join.

For people on other platforms, go click on that "Rules/Times" thing in my siggy.

Edited by Felix

That was a fun few races! Thanks a lot. The game doesn't seem so different after the patch...

The PS3 test tourney starts in a few minutes (5:30 pm est), be sure to get in the lobby, I say.

(PSN ID is sonicguy2, add me, and I'll invite you to the lobby.)

Edited by Felix

Oh man, I only saw your message now :(

Sorry, I forgot about the tournament and only now I turned my PS3 on.

I'm gonna have to withdraw from any 3DS races. My 3DS is have some weird issue with internet connections. My bad...unsure.png

• 4 weeks later...

Can i still sign in if i can sign me for the PC version my steam name is annar11 

• 4 weeks later...

Fake Bump:

How are things coming along? I feel like my signature is a lie with the participating buttons there for so long, I was wondering if this is still happening.

dont think so and i would join but im no good at the game anymore, i lost my pro skills, and i still need the team sonic and house of the dead achievement

• 2 weeks later...

This is an awesome idea, I hope you guys do another one soon.   We should do a Sonic R tournament! Basically record yourself or stream over twitch tv and see who can do the fastest lap time. Everyone has to play as the same character......except amy......you can always play as amy at any time.

Welp. I guess this isn't happening? :(

Oh well. I'd still love to race all you guys. No one is ever online anymore and it saddens me. My PSN is: silversapphire. 

I'm gonna concur with Sapphire, can we have some official clarification whether this is still happening or not? Soniko did say that it'd be better to start in the summer season where everyone has free time, and it's summer now, so...

If people still want to do this, despite the patches doing pretty much nothing, then yeah a lot of the people dropped out though, unless they're willing to come back.

What day would you want it to be on? I know most of you are finished school/college but I'm also taking into account people who work too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Haha, oh lord I haven't played the game in ages that I've gotten super rusty but I'd still be up for a weekend tourney definitely. Got all my school stuff out of the way so now all I have to worry about is work. I'm free for sure all day on most Sundays. Saturdays are up in the air but if it's the only option, I could try to squeeze in a time in the schedule if we can get a solid time set.

Sunday's are most definitely out of the question since I work all day Sunday, unless it's after 8pm, I know time zones can work in our favour since the UK is further ahead than most places.

Sunday's are most definitely out of the question since I work all day Sunday, unless it's after 8pm, I know time zones can work in our favour since the UK is further ahead than most places.

Should we have US and UK divisions?

Edit: I say this because of lag; yesterday I was playing AC with SonHOG and then when you tried to go to his town, you dc'd us and broke a trade we had... Not your fault but it did make me think of a cause for concern, especially with something as sensitive as Transformed.

Edited by tenchibr

Don't worry tenchibr, the lag in Transformed is pretty well controlled, at least I never had any issue like someone winning a race because his lag was 1 or 2 seconds ahead of mine.

I'm on for the tournament again, by July 6 I'll be free of college for a almost a month, winter vacation!

Edited by Jango