Awoo.

The topic of severely over-thinking things that don't really need to be overthought about...

SenEDDtor Missile

It's not Blaze the Cat, princess of that other dimension, and guardian of the Sol Emeralds. Izuka explicitly confirmed that, according to The Great Clement.

IIzuka did confirm it - at Sonic Boom 2012. He also said that Nega's Rivals backstory was canon.

How about, there are two Negas and two Blazes. There's also two Sonics, two Tailses(?), two Amys, etc. They have different versions: Chaos Dimension, the realm where the Chaos Emeralds are held and the majority of the series takes place, and the Sol Dimension, the world where you shipped around the world destroying Robot Pirates.

The Chaos Dimension Nega and Blaze reside 200 years into the future of the Chaos Dimension, relative to Sonic. However, in the Sol Dimension, Nega and Blaze fight in the present, relative to Sonic. Going by that measurement, two hundred years into the past, Sonic and his friends roamed the Sol Dimension. This is backed by the fact that the Sol Dimension have their own versions of zones in the Chaos Dimension. So in the end, Sonic and Blaze are not counterparts, neither are Eggman and Eggman Nega. Instead, Sonic is Sonic's counterpart, Blaze is Blaze's, and we have double Negas.

I remember seeing this on TvTropes. Also, I think that it's pretty clear Sonic and Blaze are counterparts: fighting an egg-shaped scientist, similar shoes, collecting 7 emeralds that make them more powerful, having a friend who's a mechanic ect. Also, I think that there's only one Nega - Eggy's descendent pretending to be a doppelganger (though he drops the act after Rush Adventure). Eggman's TRUE counterpart - if he even has one- is unknown.

I remember seeing this on TvTropes. Also, I think that it's pretty clear Sonic and Blaze are counterparts: fighting an egg-shaped scientist, similar shoes, collecting 7 emeralds that make them more powerful, having a friend who's a mechanic ect.
That's actually what I believe in, but I was browsing TV Tropes and thought it was interesting so I pasted it here (without the ridiculous parts).

Yeah, I need a shot in the head for getting pissed about fanbase things but I really hate this:

*reads fic about Blaze*

"I always been alone and always did everthing alone, so when me and my childhood friend Silver..."

FUCK!!!

Yeah, another thing 06 contradicted: in Rush (and every game after 06) she is stated to have always been alone. However, 06 said she was childhood friends with Silver. Despite Iizuka saying 06 wasn't her backstory, fans still make her and Silver friends since birth to keep their ship alive.

Yeah, another thing 06 contradicted: in Rush (and every game after 06) she is stated to have always been alone. However, 06 said she was childhood friends with Silver. Despite Iizuka saying 06 wasn't her backstory, fans still make her and Silver friends since birth to keep their ship alive.

I've came to a conclusion, Blaze's derailing in fanfics is just a matter of choosing Blaze's characterization vs Silver's characterization.

If someone likes Silver, (and most fanfic writters do, I really hope i'm not being sexist, it's just because I notice a bigger female appeal for Silver in the fanbase, as most guys seems to hate him) it will favour his character and his characterization, Silver however is that broken, crappy character from Sonic Rivals, but less so with Blaze, so it's easier to bring Blaze "back" to Silver, redeem his character and screw her characterization, but at least, Silver becomes a less crappy character.

If you choose Blaze however, you will tend to preserve her canon characterization from the Sonic Rush games, with no derailing involved. (like writers like me tend to do)

IIzuka did confirm it - at Sonic Boom 2012. He also said that Nega's Rivals backstory was canon.

I would call foul on Eggman Nega being from both the future and Blaze's dimension, but he and Eggman can dimension-hop at will, so I'm fine with it. Hell, by this point the Sol Dimension practically has a revolving door. Oh hi, Blaze! Wanna embark on a cross-dimensional trek that may threaten the very fabric of the multiverse...so you can attend Sonic's birthday?

I already mentioned this in the 06 thread, but I wanna hear a proper overthought answer after proper overthinking:

"Who is that cat with Silver in Crisis City in Sonic 06?"

It's not Blaze the Cat, princess of that other dimension, and guardian of the Sol Emeralds. Izuka explicitly confirmed that, according to The Great Clement. Her bio in Sonic Generations also confirms that her Sonic Rush origin is the canon one for her. But even though Sonic 06's timeline got erased, the game is still canon and Crisis City was tangible enough to get brought back in Generations, so I ask you again:

"Who the fuck is that cat from the future?"

06 Blaze is an Utrom.

Miru never fails to baffle me. Which is saying a lot considering some of the ideas I have for the characters in my headfiction.

• Thumbs Up 2

Colours DS isn't canon. When a console version of a game and a handheld version come out, the console version is the one that's canon.

As for Generations, either there's a place in her world that's just like Crisis City (right down to the (nick)name) or another theory is required to explain that comment of hers.

I like to think Blaze remembering Crisis City Is a meta concept, just like Lancelot having jet boots as early as in 7th century

I like to think Blaze remembering Crisis City Is a meta concept, just like Lancelot having jet boots as early as in 7th century
Lancelot could have little candles inside the roles in his boots.

/trolllogic

• Thumbs Up 2

After Iblis is defeated once and for all, "Blaze" absorbs Iblis and disappears. However, seeing how she is a delusion of Silver's mind, it's possible Silver absorbed Iblis after all, and "Blaze"'s disappearence is symbolic: Silver sealed Iblis in himself, but was corrupted in the process.

When Silver appears in the Last Story, because time is mixed up, Silver is uncorrupted, but at the same time, his conscience doesn't exist; therefore, "Blaze" doesn't exist. After the reset, "Blaze" ceases to exist altogether: Silver is no longer the last thing alive in the future, therefore he sees no reason to have an imaginary friend.

Whaddya think of that?

It all makes sense now.

S3%26K_Sop_Ghosts.PNG

I always figured that Eggman wanted to go the extra mile to make Sonic's journey that bit harder so he got to painstakingly placing one of his Prison Capsules inside Sandopolis' pyramid where Sonic would unavoidably land on it's button, set out to hunt down Hyudoro's (The ghosts) and imprisoned them inside the capsule, awaiting the time for Sonic to accidentally free them.

Heh, it's a funny mind image, Eggman catching ghosts with a net/a mechnical ghost capturer

:lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

If you wanna overthink the ghosts, who's to say Eggman even left a capsule full of ghosts there? They could just as easily be the vengeful spirits of Flickies that Sonic took too long to rescue.

Mind possibly blown.

• Thumbs Up 1

Whaddya think of that?

Wait, so Dreams of an Absolution was about some delusional psycho singing to his imaginary friend?

You killed the song for me D:

• Thumbs Up 6

Lancelot could have little candles inside the roles in his boots.

/trolllogic

I always assumed that Shadow's shoes are fueled by his Chaos Energy, and that's the same for Lancelot and his shoes.