Awoo.

The topic of severely over-thinking things that don't really need to be overthought about...

SenEDDtor Missile

The creators of the ruins in Jungle Zone in Sonic Jump were known as the Hovolls. The Hovolls were crocodiles. They belived in a legend of a blue hedgehog who would defeat a large lizard which was a descendant of their dark god Virtrazaxx. The carvings in Jungle depict Virtrazaxx, who is said to be sealed in the top of the mountain. They were wiped out by the Kullags, who built Marble Zone. They were dogs. They believed in a legend of a lavender cat who would find a blue hedgehog and love him. Their dark god, Navhexnor, is under Scrap Brain.

SEGA should just hire miru.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, I'm playing Heroes right now and something just occurred to me. You know the Rocket Accel move that Sonic and I think Shadow has? It reminds me of a much weaker version of the boost. Could it have been a precursor to the boost and Sonic just didn't have the hang of it yet?

sonic can't generate energy guys, he uses the fucking rings.

he doesn't subverts the thermodynamics laws you know?

I think that Sonic (and various other characters) have (chaos/so/time/etc) energy stored within, and it's shown when they attack, but the power of the rings unlock their full potential (at least temporarily).

So, I'm playing Heroes right now and something just occurred to me. You know the Rocket Accel move that Sonic and I think Shadow has? It reminds me of a much weaker version of the boost. Could it have been a precursor to the boost and Sonic just didn't have the hang of it yet?

I remember a few years ago, I used to do the Rocket Accel a certain way so that it launches Sonic while he's running, so it looks like he's boosting.

No, it's Tails and Knuckles punting him forward.

The events of Generations created another timeline.

Let's look at the facts. Classic Sonic has visited locales that he won't traverse until later periods of time, many of these adventures taking place years down the line. He learns the Homing Attack by watching Modern Sonic do it. At the end of the game, Classic Eggman, trapped with his Modern counterpart in the White Space (which they'll most likely escape sooner or later) muses about he'll go back and become a teacher. Eggman may have told his Classic self that the Time Eater plan would soon become his own, but the prospect of a Stable Time Loop seems nigh-impossible, mainly due to the fact that C. Sonic, C. Tails, and C. Eggman have at least some degree of knowledge about future events (and we all know how often future knowledges tends to muck up the future in stories involving time travel).

And now the conjcture: Eggman got more knowledge than Sonic, since he'd have more time to talk to his future self. When Classic Sonic goes back, he finds a bad present where Robotnik has become far more successful, and managed to conquer a good portion of the planet.

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic died

No, really, did you ever totally think about it when playing Generations? You didn't? Cool, that's normal.

See when Sonic was having a picnic with his friends this big monster came and totally slaughtered them all.

What you were playing was Sonic's life flashing before his eyes.

The friends that appeared couldn't really say much other than what sonic "Thought they might say" after releasing them, hence why there's not much dialogue between them, because.. they're not really there.

Classic Sonic is really just a manifestation of Modern Sonic's youthful memories crossing over with recent memories of him all grown up.

The picnic scene at the end is what could've been had Sonic survived the attack by the giant monster.

That picnic scene is the last thing Sonic thinks about before closing his eyes and laying to rest

//posted from my own thread in SEGA forums.

• Thumbs Up 3

Let's look at the facts. Classic Sonic has visited locales that he won't traverse until later periods of time, many of these adventures taking place years down the line. He learns the Homing Attack by watching Modern Sonic do it. At the end of the game, Classic Eggman, trapped with his Modern counterpart in the White Space (which they'll most likely escape sooner or later) muses about he'll go back and become a teacher. Eggman may have told his Classic self that the Time Eater plan would soon become his own, but the prospect of a Stable Time Loop seems nigh-impossible, mainly due to the fact that C. Sonic, C. Tails, and C. Eggman have at least some degree of knowledge about future events (and we all know how often future knowledges tends to muck up the future in stories involving time travel).

And now the conjcture: Eggman got more knowledge than Sonic, since he'd have more time to talk to his future self. When Classic Sonic goes back, he finds a bad present where Robotnik has become far more successful, and managed to conquer a good portion of the planet.

Considering that Sonic Generations also included timelines that'd been erased (Bad Future Stardust Speedway and Crisic City), I figure if a Sonic and Eggman with full memories of Sonic Generations were to go through Sonic Generations again...it'd break existence. Completely. Nothing left but cosmic cobwebs.

Sonic died

No, really, did you ever totally think about it when playing Generations? You didn't? Cool, that's normal.

See when Sonic was having a picnic with his friends this big monster came and totally slaughtered them all.

What you were playing was Sonic's life flashing before his eyes.

The friends that appeared couldn't really say much other than what sonic "Thought they might say" after releasing them, hence why there's not much dialogue between them, because.. they're not really there.

Classic Sonic is really just a manifestation of Modern Sonic's youthful memories crossing over with recent memories of him all grown up.

The picnic scene at the end is what could've been had Sonic survived the attack by the giant monster.

That picnic scene is the last thing Sonic thinks about before closing his eyes and laying to rest

//posted from my own thread in SEGA forums.

You win the thread.

This all makes so much sense :P especially as the next to games are a prequel and a non-canon racer.

wow guys....the sonic series is over....

• Thumbs Up 2

The nature of Blaze's world and what kind of places are in there. Especially since SEGA is unlikely to expand on that.

Another one on Generations, that explains continuity errors: The Time Eater ate several games that were never restored into the timeline.

Games such as SegaSonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Chronicles, and Knuckles Chaotix. These games were never restored into the timeline after the end of the game. It also erased parts of many character's lives which explains the changes in personality some of them experience.

Solaris wasn't truly erased.

After Super Sonic, Super Shadow, and Super Silver defeated Solaris in the Present, Past and Future, and blown out by Elise when it was just a flame, he may have been erased from the Time line and possibly dimension, but Solaris itself still exists. Not fully, though. Instead Solaris broke up into several pieces. These pieces became the Ifrit, Blaze's Dimension, the Time Eater, and that Mephiles in the No-Zone Prison in the Scourge: Lockdown arc in Sonic Universe, as well as maybe some other things I'm forgetting about.

Solaris wasn't truly erased.

After Super Sonic, Super Shadow, and Super Silver defeated Solaris in the Present, Past and Future, and blown out by Elise when it was just a flame, he may have been erased from the Time line and possibly dimension, but Solaris itself still exists. Not fully, though. Instead Solaris broke up into several pieces. These pieces became the Ifrit, Blaze's Dimension, the Time Eater, and that Mephiles in the No-Zone Prison in the Scourge: Lockdown arc in Sonic Universe, as well as maybe some other things I'm forgetting about.

But they said that Blaze's story in Sonic 06 didn't exist. They try to deny everything that happened in 06 because of the shame of a rushed game. She was essentially destroyed in 06, not to mention the comics have nothing to do with the series itself...so not sure what you're over-thinking about when that's all fan based stuff.

for that I will take some small parts of generations as non-canon, like, the whole FUCKING CRISIS CITY and the fact that Blaze rembembers being in it despite of she never being there to begin with.

I take that as a meta thing you know?

Hahah, it's unfortunate that people voted that Crisis City be in Generations because of confusion levels...yet fortunate at the same time since the level is infinitely better than what it was before.

I guess so.

Thing is, Generations didn't involve time travel, it was time disruption. All the characters and places were pulled together from across time and dumped in one spot. At the end of the game, time was fixed and everything went back to normal. So Classic Sonic and Classic Tails went back in time as though nothing happened. It wasn't like the events of '06 that were totally undone due to time resetting itself- the Modern cast will still remember everything and technically had already experienced back when they were their Classic selves. But of course, the Classic cast wouldn't remember a thing.

for that I will take some small parts of generations as non-canon, like, the whole FUCKING CRISIS CITY and the fact that Blaze rembembers being in it despite of she never being there to begin with.

I take that as a meta thing you know?

Heh. I always consider Crisis city to be a fixed event in time. No matter what Silver or anyone else does, his future will always be ruined.

Heh. I always consider Crisis city to be a fixed event in time. No matter what Silver or anyone else does, his future will always be ruined.

Thing is, Generations didn't involve time travel, it was time disruption. All the characters and places were pulled together from across time and dumped in one spot. At the end of the game, time was fixed and everything went back to normal. So Classic Sonic and Classic Tails went back in time as though nothing happened. It wasn't like the events of '06 that were totally undone due to time resetting itself- the Modern cast will still remember everything and technically had already experienced back when they were their Classic selves. But of course, the Classic cast wouldn't remember a thing.

So that makes the second theory far more valid.

Edited by Blue Blood

I already mentioned this in the 06 thread, but I wanna hear a proper overthought answer after proper overthinking:

"Who is that cat with Silver in Crisis City in Sonic 06?"

It's not Blaze the Cat, princess of that other dimension, and guardian of the Sol Emeralds. Izuka explicitly confirmed that, according to The Great Clement. Her bio in Sonic Generations also confirms that her Sonic Rush origin is the canon one for her. But even though Sonic 06's timeline got erased, the game is still canon and Crisis City was tangible enough to get brought back in Generations, so I ask you again:

"Who the fuck is that cat from the future?"

• Thumbs Up 1

"Who the fuck is that cat from the future?"
How about, there are two Negas and two Blazes. There's also two Sonics, two Tailses(?), two Amys, etc. They have different versions: Chaos Dimension, the realm where the Chaos Emeralds are held and the majority of the series takes place, and the Sol Dimension, the world where you shipped around the world destroying Robot Pirates.

The Chaos Dimension Nega and Blaze reside 200 years into the future of the Chaos Dimension, relative to Sonic. However, in the Sol Dimension, Nega and Blaze fight in the present, relative to Sonic. Going by that measurement, two hundred years into the past, Sonic and his friends roamed the Sol Dimension. This is backed by the fact that the Sol Dimension have their own versions of zones in the Chaos Dimension. So in the end, Sonic and Blaze are not counterparts, neither are Eggman and Eggman Nega. Instead, Sonic is Sonic's counterpart, Blaze is Blaze's, and we have double Negas.

Edited by Homem
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I need a shot in the head for getting pissed about fanbase things but I really hate this:

*reads fic about Blaze*

"I always been alone and always did everthing alone, so when me and my childhood friend Silver..."

FUCK!!!