Awoo.

Telltale's The Walking Dead: The Game

Brad

• 2 months later...

The Walking Dead: 400 Days Trailer

Oh yes! OH GOD YES! This is going to be the best year ever.

Ah was just gonna post that myself.

Quite interested to see how this one is going to go about, also curious as to what the price is, for some reason I'm under the impression it's including in the Vita version as an all in one bundle.

This looks so great.  5 storylines... with the average episode being 2 hours long I guess this'll be like 25 minutes per character?  Or maybe even a little longer.

I would say something empty like "I hope these are good characters" but I have complete faith in the team.  Even the characters I hated in Season 1 were good characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

400 Days DLC is coming this week. All the release dates have been announced for each individual platform. Also, your choices in 400 Days may lead into Season 2.

Today, IGN can confirm that 400 Days will launch this week. Specific dates for various platforms are below.

• Tuesday, July 2nd – PlayStation Network (North America)
  • Wednesday, July 3rd – PC/Mac (Steam, Telltale Games Store)
  • Friday, July 5th – Xbox Live (Worldwide)
  • Wednesday, July 10th – PlayStation Network (Europe)
  • Thursday, July 11th – iOS (Worldwide)

Keep an eye out for our The Walking Dead: 400 Days review, coming very, very soon.

Source

Perhaps most interestingly, the choices that you did or didn't make in Season One "will come into play in 400 Days," Ainsworth confirmed. "And then, the events of 400 Days may or may not come into play in Season 2. Depending." Pink elaborated: "Depending on your choices." Zombie cameos, anyone?

Source

Edited by Symbotic
  • Thumbs Up 1

400 days coming this week.

• Tuesday, June 2nd – PlayStation Network (North America)

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/07/01/the-walking-dead-400-days-has-a-release-date?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

you need to have at least episode 1 on your system for it to work. The episode takes place after episode 5 and acts as a branching point for season 1 to season 2.

Edit: God dammit everybody is beating me today with the news! Someone is to blame... ... *looks around... finds nobody... tips over Carbos desk*

400 days coming this week.

• Tuesday, June 2nd – PlayStation Network (North America)

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/07/01/the-walking-dead-400-days-has-a-release-date?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

you need to have at least episode 1 on your system for it to work. The episode takes place after episode 5 and acts as a branching point for season 1 to season 2.

Edit: God dammit everybody is beating me today with the news! Someone is to blame... ... *looks around... finds nobody... tips over Carbos desk*

Sorry 'bout that Hogfather. tongue.png Didn't mean to ninja you. 

Updated the main thread anyways with 400 Days info. Not much but y'know every little counts.

Edited by Symbotic
  • Thumbs Up 1

So, I've replayed all the episodes recently and finished up the new DLC. Time to do the whole "share your thoughts" thing.

All in all? It's hard to say honestly. Everything I liked about Season One was here for sure - interesting, fleshed out characters with some great voice acting, but due to the length of each of their stories it's difficult to properly connect to them all. I feel like just as I'm about to really delve into them it just sorta ends. But if these characters are going to be our headliners for Season Two, then this is a great introduction to their lives and gives us a little freedom to customise our own group, I guess. Everything you love about the game is here - tough choices with likeable characters.

Some nitpicks? 

• In Wyatt's story, the whole "we hit a dude so lets go check up on him" is really redundant to me and an incredibly easy choice for me to make. Even if he was alive, there's no way he'd survive that so he's obviously going to turn. So I definitely didn't leave the car.
  • Vince's outcome is determined by who he saves, but each one doesn't exactly give the vibe of how they will influence his decision. In fact, I thought Danny would be the choice to help you out because he seemed likeable, but I ended up going with Justin just because he seemed resourceful.
  • I mostly enjoyed Russell's story, except I would of liked more freedom to stay away from Nate, the obvious antagonist. Also, excuse me while I go cry over Carley just rotting there at the side of the road. *sob* 
  • Like in Russell's, I would have liked more freedom in Bonnie's story with the fate of Dee and how I interacted with Leland, especially after I knew it was going to be an affair.
  • Shel's story never seemed to have clear narrative strings, but I'm thinking that might of been intentional? Nothing seemed right or wrong, and I didn't think I was influencing my sister much.
  • Finally, just the ending again - I enjoyed it mostly but it seemed sort of oddly determined as to how people would follow you. Some straight up won't consider if you didn't make a choice that wasn't particularly obvious. This is most evident in Vince's story.

Also, my result? Got 'em all to come. Awwww yeah. Hopefully this is a good thing.

Edited by Symbotic

On my playthrough:

I got everyone but Chell to come.  Overall I really enjoyed it, I think Vince and Wyatt were my favourite characters overall.  I agree that some felt really short though or had too much of no brainer choices.

Also I watched Mollfie do her playthrough and the ending cut-scene is generally quite weird.  The main difference between her and mine was that Chell and her sister weren't so skeptical.  I don't recall Vince saying ANYTHING different yet she got everyone but him (she shot the dude that was sitting behind while I shot the guy in front - toughest decision in the game btw, I went with the first guy because he suggested the idea).

Edited by JezMM

Drat. I've already read up on all the alternate paths and such on the Wiki so it's hard to justify a purchase of Season 1. But at the same time I'm curious and wish to play this... ffff!

Wow, 

Bonnie was the only person I managed to get to come with me. D:

Definitely enjoyed this set of little stories, it had a nice nod or two to Season One. I will admit that the almost Warioware-like quick-fire nature of five short stories thrown at you one after another meant I was starting to forget some of the earlier stories by the time I'd finished the fifth one. In retrospect I probably should have taken them at a slower pace and maybe done just one or two a day so each one could really sink in, but I wanted to find out what happened in all of them right away. D:

I do almost think it had a case of throwing too many new characters at you in too short a space of time, again due to the nature of it being five 20-25-minute stories, but then I realised that most of them aren't important in the grand scheme of things (probably). Interested to see how Season 2 fills in the gaps in 400 days and where they take it from here.

EDIT: One thing I found amusing was that, I guess due to the episode just being out, the decision results screen at the end of it basically said everything was a 50-50 split on the major decision. How boring. :lol: I'll check on the site at a later date to get a more accurate picture of what the majority are choosing.

Edited by -Mark-

^ It's actually better to play them all in one go really because you notice little details and references to each other.  Here's a handful of obvious to not so obvious ones in case anyone missed them:

• The guard who bolts in Vince's story, the man hit by the car in Wyatt's story, and the first Walker Guard Dog in Shel's story, are all the same person.
  • The old lady in Russell's story is the Walker Guard Dog eating the puppy in Shel's story.  I've read that depending on the order played and choices made, her husband can appear here too.
  • The people chasing Bonnie, Leland and Dee were the group from Shel's story.  Easy to miss if you play them from left to right, due to a throwaway line in Shel's story about losing a flashlight "in the cornfield" not meaning much without having experienced Bonnie's story.  If you've played Bonnie's story first there'll be a conversation moment where Roman will mention whether or not they got the supplies back, depending on whether Leland went with Bonnie (taking the bag) or not.
  • The Walker with a screwdriver in its head Russell can encounter is the one that attacks Bonnie after she falls off the cliff.
  • The man chasing Wyatt and his friend is the man from Russell's story.  I haven't played the sequence where you stay in the car, but apparently you get a good look at him there.
  • This might be obvious due to the achievement pops up, but just in case: The body Russell can hide behind is Carley/Doug from Season 1.
  • When Boyd mentions Vernon and the boat, he also describes what they did exactly how it went down in your playthrough, assuming you have the save data to do so.

Of course, some of these connections only show up in certain orders of playthrough, as the game won't "guess" what variation of events to use when referencing stories you haven't played yet - it just skips over them if it's not something that can be explained as "happened anyway".

Personally found the five stories so different and diverse, both in character, events and gameplay, I didn't forget any of them.

Got the game today and.... I didn't really feel anything. It's a good DLC but... ehhh. I hope that season 2 is going to feature only one player character.

Also

CLEMY-COO WHERE ARE YOU?!!!!!

• 3 months later...

Oh shit, we finally find out what happened to Clem? Awesome. Was afraid after 500 Days about the direction it was taking.

Just got season one off of PSN from the holloween sale and man, I love this game so far, would argue that its the best game I've played on my PS3! I've never been so attached to characters in a video game then I have with Lee, Clem and the other cast members; they all feel so human with flaws and their own personal history (Lee's in particular was quite shocking at first blink.png).

I didn't finish the game yet, as I'm half way through Ep. IV, but I cant wait to see what happens next; really wondering if Lee and Clem make it, they've been through alot from what I played :(.

Didn't get the 400 Day's DLC, but will soon (its only 2.50 after all on PSN :)), and I'm really wondering what this news is; TellTale are busy with the Wolf Among Us, so I hope production on that game will have any effect on production of Season II of Walking Dead.

Pssh as if they'd ever abandon Clementine's story.  Can't wait, but hope they don't reveal too much either.

I'm wondering if the game will make us become Clementine, but that would be a waste of all our teaching efforts as Lee would it not? Hopefully it doesn't go down that road.

Just got season one off of PSN from the holloween sale and man, I love this game so far, would argue that its the best game I've played on my PS3! I've never been so attached to characters in a video game then I have with Lee, Clem and the other cast members; they all feel so human with flaws and their own personal history (Lee's in particular was quite shocking at first blink.png).

I didn't finish the game yet, as I'm half way through Ep. IV, but I cant wait to see what happens next; really wondering if Lee and Clem make it, they've been through alot from what I played sad.png.

Didn't get the 400 Day's DLC, but will soon (its only 2.50 after all on PSN smile.png), and I'm really wondering what this news is; TellTale are busy with the Wolf Among Us, so I hope production on that game will have any effect on production of Season II of Walking Dead.

I haven't played TWOU (I hear it's pretty good) but there's no way they'd go half ass on this franchise which has helped define them as expert storytellers. Plus it's got such a huge fanbase that there's no way they'd bury this under TWOU. They've probably been developing both at the same time I'm expecting over the last few months.

Edited by Spooky Symbotic