Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

Syn/Omega Shenron and Nouva Shenron are the only ones used because they're the only ones that truly mattered.

Syn was created from the most selfless/heroic wish made on the Earth Dragonballs, to revive the people killed by Freeza and his army on Planet Namek, and thus is the most corrupted of the Dragons. Nouva was created from the most selfish/impure wish, to restore King Piccolo's youth, and so is the most honorable of the Shadow Dragons. Omega is essentially the Eternal Dragon incarnated into a fighter, with the full might of the infinite power of the titular Dragonballs; obvious endgame boss.

The other 5 Dragons are all in between that Nouva - Syn spectrum, so don't get the limelight. SSJ4 Goku's "I'll beat you in 5 seconds!" ability in BT3, and Omega Shenron's Dragon Thunder and Whirlwind Spin are the most we're likely ever going to see from the other Dragons.

4 minutes ago, -Robin- said:

Syn/Omega Shenron and Nouva Shenron are the only ones used because they're the only ones that truly mattered.

Syn was created from the most selfless/heroic wish made on the Earth Dragonballs, to revive the people killed by Freeza and his army on Planet Namek, and thus is the most corrupted of the Dragons. Nouva was created from the most selfish/impure wish, to restore King Piccolo's youth, and so is the most honorable of the Shadow Dragons. Omega is essentially the Eternal Dragon incarnated into a fighter, with the full might of the infinite power of the titular Dragonballs; obvious endgame boss.

The other 5 Dragons are all in between that Nouva - Syn spectrum, so don't get the limelight. SSJ4 Goku's "I'll beat you in 5 seconds!" ability in BT3, and Omega Shenron's Dragon Thunder and Whirlwind Spin are the most we're likely ever going to see from the other Dragons.

It's been a long time since I've watched. Thanks for clearing it up.

Ryan, that's why I said properly. Omega Shen and Gogeta were just bonuses, in BT3 they were part of the main story, and even GT kid Goku was playable, SS3 form included for the first time.

14 minutes ago, Jango said:

Ryan, that's why I said properly. Omega Shen and Gogeta were just bonuses, in BT3 they were part of the main story, and even GT kid Goku was playable, SS3 form included for the first time.

Dude, no matter how short it was, GT still got a proper introduction in Budokai 3. GT Goku wasn't added because they already had an unlockable Kid Goku and therefore it would've been redundant. It's a stone cold fact that GT's first game representation was Budokai 3. They weren't bonuses either, they were actual story that Goku could play through during the Buu saga.

Let's not get too offtopic here. But stone cold fact? Ever heard of Dragon Ball GT Final Bout for the PS1? ?? Terrible game, which I've actually played a shamefull high number of times... As a kid I loved it! But anyways. Yeaaaah, no, in Budokai 3 they were bonuses, yeah, the "what if" sagas are all short extras, single meaningless battles. Also, Kid Goku from classic DB is nothing like GT Goku, don't use this as an excuse for Dimps' lazyness, please.

17 hours ago, Jango said:

Let's not get too offtopic here. But stone cold fact? Ever heard of Dragon Ball GT Final Bout for the PS1? ?? Terrible game, which I've actually played a shamefull high number of times... As a kid I loved it! But anyways. Yeaaaah, no, in Budokai 3 they were bonuses, yeah, the "what if" sagas are all short extras, single meaningless battles. Also, Kid Goku from classic DB is nothing like GT Goku, don't use this as an excuse for Dimps' lazyness, please.

I didn't mean full GT games, rather DB games that go over both it and GT and even then, Final Bout is extremely limited in it's release, and didn't even cover much of GT's story. I legitimately think more people remember it's intro more than the game itself. 

And how were the bonuses exactly? They were actual conclusions to the game's plots if you chose to use that conclusion rather than using the saga's actual conclusion. It is still however a story conclusion that takes around 30-40 minutes, and literally has unlocks for defeating that story, meaning it's not like Uub where you need a specific conclusion to unlock one character. You literally need to do a full story to unlock all of the GT characters. 

Exactly how is GT and Kid Goku that much different? You could do an argument that Kid has the Power Pole and Nimbus, while GT Goku has his Super forms, but that's really it. 

On 9/20/2016 at 3:54 PM, Lime/Key/Jormungand/Spica said:

Come to think of it, Ryan reminded me of how in Budokai 3 and the Tenkaichis I played, Syn/Omega and Nova were the only Shadow Dragons used. 

I'll have to ask Mike Begum/Brolylegs about his opinions on GT extras in the games, just to see what he thinks.

Anyway, I think I saw this figure at a con. And then fanfics became figures...

1000079265_1.jpg

http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000079265/

Super saiyan 3 Broly is a real thing, same with SS4 Broly and Gohan. all real concepts now, just not canon to anything except the Heroes universe.

DB Heroes tends to be crazy with the Super saiyan transformations but at least it gives these fan ideas an official design.

The first foreign dub of DB Super's started- Ep 1 aired today in Portugal.

It's awful, which is exactly what everyone wanted- they kept the same actors (as much as possible since some died) as the old shows, they kept the dumb voices, the limited actors having to do 20 voices each, the same old names, the old jokes to Portuguese culture, etc. It's only worse because the delivery feels stilted- probably before they'd all work in one booth together, dunno.

7 hours ago, SSJ Diamond said:

Well, thats pretty sad.

I am still waiting for other european countries dubs to be announde.

I checked, and surprisingly, my country doesn't seem to even have the intention so far to broadcast it here. Weird, considering the Dragon Ball anime series are some of the most beloved and re-proposed over and over shows in Italy.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, after today's episode...

Present Zamasu is out of the picture. The only explanation I can come up with for Future Zamasu surviving is that he made a wish to protect himself from such a fate. Toriyama's done a good job at hiding the truth, but according to the preview for the next episode, Black's origin is at least explained so perhaps they well finally reveal all.

1 minute ago, Pawn said:

So, after today's episode...

Hide contents

Present Zamasu is out of the picture. The only explanation I can come up with for Future Zamasu surviving is that he made a wish to protect himself from such a fate. Toriyama's done a good job at hiding the truth, but according to the preview for the next episode, Black's origin is at least explained so perhaps they well finally reveal all.

Spoiler

Thing is, Zamasu couldn't make his wish yet, since the Super Dragon balls are still on their cooldown period, that was the whole point of him killing Gowasu and getting the Time Rings.

6 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:
  Hide contents

Thing is, Zamasu couldn't make his wish yet, since the Super Dragon balls are still on their cooldown period, that was the whole point of him killing Gowasu and getting the Time Rings.

His future self could have though, since he was able to wish for immortality. What I'm saying is that he could have protected himself from being affected by other timelines, so that Present Zamasu's demise has no effect on him.

On 24/9/2016 at 11:44 AM, The KKM said:

The first foreign dub of DB Super's started- Ep 1 aired today in Portugal.

It's awful, which is exactly what everyone wanted- they kept the same actors (as much as possible since some died) as the old shows, they kept the dumb voices, the limited actors having to do 20 voices each, the same old names, the old jokes to Portuguese culture, etc. It's only worse because the delivery feels stilted- probably before they'd all work in one booth together, dunno.

Well, I have hope for the possible dub here because for the last 2 movies, they ditched the Kai cast and brought back the former VAs from the original DBZ.

As for the latest episode...I can't belive that Beerus has such technique. His "Hakkai" (Or "Destruction" as the subbers translated it) is a lot similar to Gogeta's Soul Breaker

Spoiler

But doesn't Trunks' timeline operate on multiverse theory? While I haven't watched Super as of yet, wouldn't Future Zamasu survive either way, the same way that when Trunks returned to his timeline, the Androids were still evil, and the Z-Fighters were still dead?

Seeing Black's Super Saiyan Rose...

Spoiler

Since Buu wasn't revived in that timeline...could it be they used him to create Black? We know that Trunks defeated both Dabura and Babidi, but he never mentioned anything about what happened with Buu's egg.

Spoiler alert! The identity of Black has been revealed in this the Jump preview for Episode 61 (October 9th):

And shit, it was Goten after all! And to the surprise of almost no-one, it is none other than Zamasu. Who else could he have been? While I guessed that he'd switch bodies via the Super Dragon Balls, I expected that it would be with Goku from the main timeline and that's looking just a tad unlikely now, what with main timeline Zamasu dead and all. He must hail from a timeline unexplored by the shows then; perhaps the one that caused a new Time Ring to appear, much to Gowasu's ire.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

Then I can imagine him like in that Steven Universe episode "Glass of Time" going through different time lines and forming the Zamasu Band XD

• Thumbs Up 1

So, apparently Team Four Star worked their magic on a couple or so clips from DBS. Slight spoilers ahead.

I heard they were originally on Twitter, but I found them on YouTube so...

• Thumbs Up 2

New episode spoilers for the 16th.

CuCVyYnUAAACMPO.jpgCuCVyYqVMAA9vUY.jpg

MAFUBA! IT'S BACK. HOLY.

Oh, and r.i.p Trunks.

I effin knew it!

Spoiler

The past weeks I was thinking the only chance to defeat an immortal being like Zamasu was using a technique similar to Mafuuba. Guess my thoughs weren't wrong after all