Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

Dayum! So now it turns out that...

Spoiler

Zamasu and Black not only aren't the same person, but they are also in cahoots with each other and now they'll fight together against Goku and the rest...And to top it all, Zamasu seems to be immortal!!!

The Zenkai boost became rather small after the events on Namek, according to the Daizenshuu

Even after the battle with Freeza, formidable enemies surpassing human knowledge appeared one after the other to face Goku. Though the power-ups received after having wounds healed became small, Goku and co. began using transformations and fusions to increase their battle powers, to the point where they could no longer be measured numerically…

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/battle-power/databook/

I don't think that's the case. Despite of what was recently revealed, they still described Zamasu's ki as being similar to Black's

• Thumbs Up 1

Zamasu is confirmed to have an immortal body, making him the first since Garlic Jr. to be explicitly confirmed to have such a quality. (Cell and Buu are also technically immortal, but only from aging, not complete destruction.)

If ever there was a time for Goku and Vegeta to fuse and use Gogeta's Soul Breaker attack, this would be it.

Also it appears that Goku Black was created via the Super Dragon Balls. What Super Shenron did to create Black from the wish is still unknown.

After today, I want to enter in GodTube and watch some PewDieKai videos...or maybe some KaiossGaming too. Then go to Zamasu's channel and watch his video about how humans ruin this world and then finish the video with a "But hey, it's just a theory, a Kai Theory! Thanks for watching"

• Thumbs Up 3

22 minutes ago, Ice Vec said:

After today, I want to enter in GodTube and watch some PewDieKai videos...or maybe some KaiossGaming too. Then go to Zamasu's channel and watch his video about how humans ruin this world and then finish the video with a "But hey, it's just a theory, a Kai Theory! Thanks for watching"

Honestly I just wanted to see a God of War LP by Zamasu and Goku Black.

They'd freak out every second because this mortal is brutally killing all the gods 

• Thumbs Up 2

I only just noticed that Future Zamasu isn't in possession of a time ring. That would suggest he is from Trunks' timeline. His personal desire to kill Goku could be explained, assuming that Black is Zamasu from Goku's timeline, by simply Black informing him of the saiyan's strength in his time.

Some episode titles and summaries have been released with major spoilers:

Courtesy of Herms98 on Twitter:

Dragon Ball Super Episode 58 Zamasu and Black: Their Mystery Deepens! September 11th

Goku and the gang have been defeated by Zamasu (the now immortal apprentice Kaioshin of Universe 10) and Goku Black (a mysterious warrior who looks just like Son Goku), but for the time being have returned to the present after being getting by Mai and Yajirobe. Meanwhile, present day Zamasu visits the all-knowing Zuno to ask him about the Super Dragon Balls.

<No episode September 18th>

Dragon Ball Super Episode 59 Protect Kaioshin Gowasu, Destroy Zamasu! September 25th

Since the future Zamasu had on a pair of Potara, which only Kaioshin are qualified to wear, Goku and co figure that the Universe 10 Kaioshin Gowasu’s life is in jeopardy. They immediately head for Universe 10.

Dragon Ball Super Episode 60 Back to the Future: Goku Black’s Identity Revealed October 2nd

After finding proof that the present day Zamasu has murdered Gowasu, the God of Destruction Beerus destroys Zamasu. With present Zamasu destroyed, the future should be safe, but future Trunks still feels uneasy, and goes to the future to check things out.

Dragon Ball Super Episode 61 Zamasu’s Ambition: Presenting the ‘Zero Mortals Plan' October 9th

N/A

At first I assumed that Zamasu will wish for immortality, with Beerus believing that he killed him, but now I'm wondering if he wishes to switch bodies with Goku after killing Gowasu. That way, Goku is killed in Zamasu's body by Beerus. Zamasu, now Goku, could travel to Trunks' future via the time rings and encourage his counterpart to collect the seven super dragon balls and wish for immortality. The comment from last episode about them being 'kindred spirits' rather than allies would make sense if they were the same person in this way.

It's going to be interesting to see how it actually plays out.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think Schemmel is going to walk away or anything. Seems he's just fed up with people asking him questions he can't answer either because he's under NDA or because he just has no idea what FUNimation is doing since he's not very high up the ladder anyway (people like Chris Sabat and Justin Cook are). It's probably one thing to deal with it at cons, it's another to have people bombarding your social media with it over and over again. Can't say I like the fuck you directed at Chris Sabat, but I kinda feel bad for Schemmel too. Poor guy, hopefully he'll rest a little easier once FUNi actually announces something.

Sean Schemmel has always been kinda a douche in my eyes, his actions here don't really surprise me. I mean, I don't know what it's like to be bombarded with questions about the release of a dub, but l feel like it'd be pretty easy to ignore. 

I heard that even Vic Mignogna was annoyed that Broly had the same line repeatedly in some games and movies. I have met Vic, but I do not know him that well.

Without spoiling too much of Super, is it more comedy-based like the original or more like Z with a fighting focus?

Semi off-topic, but for those of us in North America, Discotek got the license to release 5 Dr. Slump movies, subtitled.

https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Slump-Movies-Theatrical-Films/dp/B00KB3PZAQ

Its a combination of both. 

While the characters are more childish, the fights are somewhat serious and can make the characters go serious too.

32 minutes ago, Lime/Key/Jormungand/Spica said:

Without spoiling too much of Super, is it more comedy-based like the original or more like Z with a fighting focus?

Depends on the arc, I suppose. The current one is the darkest Super has been, and the previous one was more lighthearted fun, with a lot fighting thrown in of course. On the whole though, there definitely seems to be a greater focus on character interactions and comedy, which is mostly hit or miss. I can say that this most recent arc is really good, but confusing when it comes to power scaling if that's something you care about.

Off topic from Super, and I know a lot of people are likely gonna be pissed at me due to most seeing it as the best part of the series but...

Am I the only one who is really fucking sick of The Shadow Dragons from GT? I mentioned this in the statuses, but I am really sick of seeing them every time. Every single Dragon Ball video game, it's always the same thing. All of it is Z, and then it throws in a bonus Shadow Dragons mission for GT, and I'm just so sick of it. Say what you want about GT, but I think it had a lot of potential for good story battles, and yet every time, it's just the same thing. Like I get it. SSJ4 Gogeta is cool. Omega Shenron is cool, but there's only so many times where you can hand me a series which you barely took any material from, and constantly shovel the same mission to us. It's always the Shenron VS SSJ4 Gogeta fight. Every. Single. Time. I just don't get it. Why is DIMPS so obsessed with this saga and this one fight as to constantly repeat it in every game and make it the only usable piece of GT? 

Where's Baby Vegeta? or Super 17? or Truffle Gohan/Trunks/Goten, or Pan & Goku VS Gohan, Videl and Goten, or Goku VS Perfect Cell & Full Power Frieza?. So many GT fights *other* than the dragons that could be used up, and instead it's just the same fight again and again. It really pisses me off because I think the Baby saga had a crap ton of potential, and it's constantly underused in order to just have Shenron again, something that's disgraceful considering it's where SSJ4 even began. Even the GT packs for Xenoverse had a strong focus on the dragons. All the characters added were either GT variants (Trunks, Goku), There during the whole series (Pan), or fucking Shadow Dragons again. Like seriously? What the hell? 

All I can do is hope Xenoverse 2 fixes it by giving the GT sagas proper stories.

• Thumbs Up 1

Gogeta vs. Omega Shenron was the absolute strongest a Dragonball battle ever got before Super came around two decades later, so that moment has some notoriety to it.

As for the Shadow Dragons as a whole, the concept of overuse of the Earth Dragonballs consequently creating seven anti-Shenrons is an appealing concept, so I don't think it's any small wonder they get reused.

12 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Off topic from Super, and I know a lot of people are likely gonna be pissed at me due to most seeing it as the best part of the series but...

Am I the only one who is really fucking sick of The Shadow Dragons from GT? I mentioned this in the statuses, but I am really sick of seeing them every time. Every single Dragon Ball video game, it's always the same thing. All of it is Z, and then it throws in a bonus Shadow Dragons mission for GT, and I'm just so sick of it. Say what you want about GT, but I think it had a lot of potential for good story battles, and yet every time, it's just the same thing. Like I get it. SSJ4 Gogeta is cool. Omega Shenron is cool, but there's only so many times where you can hand me a series which you barely took any material from, and constantly shovel the same mission to us. It's always the Shenron VS SSJ4 Gogeta fight. Every. Single. Time. I just don't get it. Why is DIMPS so obsessed with this saga and this one fight as to constantly repeat it in every game and make it the only usable piece of GT? 

Where's Baby Vegeta? or Super 17? or Truffle Gohan/Trunks/Goten, or Pan & Goku VS Gohan, Videl and Goten, or Goku VS Perfect Cell & Full Power Frieza?. So many GT fights *other* than the dragons that could be used up, and instead it's just the same fight again and again. It really pisses me off because I think the Baby saga had a crap ton of potential, and it's constantly underused in order to just have Shenron again, something that's disgraceful considering it's where SSJ4 even began. Even the GT packs for Xenoverse had a strong focus on the dragons. All the characters added were either GT variants (Trunks, Goku), There during the whole series (Pan), or fucking Shadow Dragons again. Like seriously? What the hell? 

All I can do is hope Xenoverse 2 fixes it by giving the GT sagas proper stories.

The Shadow Dragons are exploited because they are the most unique and popular thing about GT. The Bebi arc is definitely my favorite, but Bebi as a concept is also just a carbon copy of Hatchiyack fused with Dr. Raichi. Same backstory, same motive. Super 17 is often forgotten because, well, it's the worst thing about GT according to a lot of people. I agree, I'd like to see more of GT, but I think DIMPS realizes they can get away with the bare minimum.

Yeah, ever since Tenkaichi they've been using the same battles. Actually, GT was only introduced properly in Tenkaichi 3, adding kid Goku and Pan, untill then, all we got was Goku's SS4 transformation as a stand alone character (save a few games in which they made SS4 a transformation for the Z saga Goku, who didn't even had a tail!).

Also, some people call bullshit (mostly because of the Naruto games), but adding different versions of the same character was a great idea IMO. The Goku that fought the saiyans isn't the same that fought Buu. In BT3 they even have different animations, speed, special attacks, etc.

Anyways, yeah, GT had a lot of cool fights, but the only they remember is Omega Shenron. Sure it's the best and most known, but GT had some memorable moments that could be represented. The alien guy that fought kid Goku as SS for the first time (in GT), that guy who could turn things into metal, Freeza and Cell in hell, all the people Baby corrupted... Hell, throw adult Goku vs Uub, the first fight of the saga. And the shadow dragons, they actually added one of them in BT3, the fire dragon (for some reason they've didn't added his brother the ice dragon, but still...).

Also, movies.

6 hours ago, Jango said:

Yeah, ever since Tenkaichi they've been using the same battles. Actually, GT was only introduced properly in Tenkaichi 3, adding kid Goku and Pan, untill then, all we got was Goku's SS4 transformation as a stand alone character (save a few games in which they made SS4 a transformation for the Z saga Goku, who didn't even had a tail!).

Also, some people call bullshit (mostly because of the Naruto games), but adding different versions of the same character was a great idea IMO. The Goku that fought the saiyans isn't the same that fought Buu. In BT3 they even have different animations, speed, special attacks, etc.

Anyways, yeah, GT had a lot of cool fights, but the only they remember is Omega Shenron. Sure it's the best and most known, but GT had some memorable moments that could be represented. The alien guy that fought kid Goku as SS for the first time (in GT), that guy who could turn things into metal, Freeza and Cell in hell, all the people Baby corrupted... Hell, throw adult Goku vs Uub, the first fight of the saga. And the shadow dragons, they actually added one of them in BT3, the fire dragon (for some reason they've didn't added his brother the ice dragon, but still...).

Also, movies.

Budokai 3 had a What-If saga which features Omega Shenron, SSJ4 Gogeta, and their fight, so no. Budokai 3's the first.

Come to think of it, Ryan reminded me of how in Budokai 3 and the Tenkaichis I played, Syn/Omega and Nova were the only Shadow Dragons used. 

I'll have to ask Mike Begum/Brolylegs about his opinions on GT extras in the games, just to see what he thinks.

Anyway, I think I saw this figure at a con. And then fanfics became figures...

1000079265_1.jpg

http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000079265/

• Thumbs Up 1