Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

So they're making little secret of the fact that:

Zamasu is Black here, and it seems likely that it is Present Zamasu that will use a Time Ring to warp to the future. With this being the case:

• We now know how Black knows of the Saiyans, Goku and Beerus and what his motives are from this episode. He has also been introduced to the Time Rings here, but hasn't been given a lot of information about them, explaining his surprise at it warping him to the past from Trunks' timeline

• We don't know how he knows Vegeta; how he ends up in Goku's body or why he travels to Trunks' future. It seems likely then that Zamasu goes rogue soon, either after betraying his master or becoming Supreme Kai and comes up against Goku and Vegeta. Finding them far too strong, he somehow steals Goku's body or fuses or whatever and disappears into the future (or rather Trunks' timeline because that's how time travel works in this series) in order either get used to the body or simply to escape from the Super Saiyan Gods. I could see Vegeta almost killing him, but losing out on the final blow again.

I suppose Zamasu could use a Ginyu-type body swap on Goku, meaning that Goku is still in the fight but in Zamasu's body (the shocked Zamasu in the intro may be Goku). How he comes to be in Goku's body is the biggest mystery at the moment.

Spoiler

Dunno, in the episode they made a big deal about how his ki is similar but not the same as Black, and how he had a pure heart slowly being corrupted by his hate of mortals. All this plus the intro where Zamasu looks shocked and the shot is dramatic, Zamasu almost looking like a tragedy is happening, makes me believe we'll have a Piccolo and Kami sort of deal, Zamasu will be split in two halves and his evil half will somehow take over the form/body of Goku.

If Zamasu does indeed perform a sort of Piccolo/Kami split because of his growing disapproval of mortals, that would mean that Goku Black is the physical manifestation of a god's fear of mortal beings growing in power to rival those of the gods themselves.

That's....actually quite deep and amazing/

22 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Dunno, in the episode they made a big deal about how his ki is similar but not the same as Black, and how he had a pure heart slowly being corrupted by his hate of mortals. All this plus the intro where Zamasu looks shocked and the shot is dramatic, Zamasu almost looking like a tragedy is happening, makes me believe we'll have a Piccolo and Kami sort of deal, Zamasu will be split in two halves and his evil half will somehow take over the form/body of Goku.

The problem I have with this theory is that Zamasu doesn't believe that his feelings towards mortals are wrong, while Kami and Buu did. So why split? At least I hope this is the case. It would be more interesting if Black believed what he was doing was right rather than simply being your typical DBZ villain.

Dragon Ball Super spoilers:

55: Hey, I wanna met Som Goku! A request from the Omni-King

56: Rematch with Goku Black! Introducing Super Sayian Rose!!

57: Untitled

Geekdom talks about the main idea for each episode, im not gonna write all of it.

Of course, subscribe to Geekdo, as the most ,,educated'' DB youtuber.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ThePrinceOfSaiyajins said:

Super Saiyan Rose, everyone!

Hide contents

CqV8ZFmVUAA28hf.jpg

Awww...I though that there was going to be a pic of Black with Rose Quartz hair shopped :(

3 hours ago, ThePrinceOfSaiyajins said:

Super Saiyan Rose, everyone!

Reveal hidden contents

CqV8ZFmVUAA28hf.jpg

So, how did black learn to go super saiyan in that body?

Is there any changes between SSR and regular SS1 state? or is it just a name?

16 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

So, how did black learn to go super saiyan in that body?

Is there any changes between SSR and regular SS1 state? or is it just a name?

I'd assume the SSR is on the same level, if not stronger than a SSB, so I doubt it'll be the same power as a normal SS1 state.

Also I fucking love that aura, the effect is beautiful.

If I have anything to congratulate Super and it's colorful transformations is that they keep the auras as different from each other as possible, the SSJG one looking fiery and intense, the Blue one looking calm, really detailed and with a lot of random static explosions, as if just using this form is already fucking up reality itself with a golden line around it, making it look godly, and finally, the new one, Super Saiyan Rose, which has a nice mix of purple, red and pink, and it almost looks like it's made out of space itself because of the color and the white specs around it

But how did he acquire SSR? hes not a saiyan in a technical sense (still going on the he stole F!Goku's body theory btw), transformations should be a foreign concept to him and its not like SSB is an easy transformation to just mimic like the SS1 state.

I'm gonna guess some magic fuckery ala SS2 Majin Vegeta boost has something to do with this.

Why am I not surprised that Omni wanted Goku as his friend? It's Toriyama, of course its gonna be a stupid reason. (I expected him to say hi and that would be it)

Also, is this gonna turn into Sonic Adventure 2 where everyone think Black is Goku / Goku is Black...Goku.

And that Super Sayian Rose looks amazing.  

10 hours ago, goku262002 said:

But how did he acquire SSR? hes not a saiyan in a technical sense (still going on the he stole F!Goku's body theory btw), transformations should be a foreign concept to him and its not like SSB is an easy transformation to just mimic like the SS1 state.

I'm gonna guess some magic fuckery ala SS2 Majin Vegeta boost has something to do with this.

People are guessing that since Zamasu's beef seems to be with present Goku, not the dead Mirai one, he'll take present Goku's body instead, and his power combined with the SSJB will create SSJR

Today they gave an interesting info regarding gods of destruction and Kaioshins. Could it be...

Spoiler

Zamasu fused with U10's god of destruction in Trunks' timeline thus Black was born

If Black gets Super Sayian Rose by Vegeta beating him in his SSB form, im changing my profile pic to episode 5 SSJ Goku until December.

I doubt that. They just used the Super tag because it's currently relevant.

Super likely won't last that long. Goku certainly will though. He's probably the most iconic Japanese anything right now on a global scale after Godzilla, Mario, and Pikachu.

So, I should probably clean something up here. I have not watched the entirety of Dragon Ball, or DBZ, or GT, or whatever. In fact, I've seen the first few DB episodes, I've played a shit ton of DBZ games, and watched a crap ton of DBZ random clips, and some Abridged, and none of GT whatsoever outside of random clips. However, I decided that I wanted to get into this franchise after practically getting to a point where I knew most of the cast, and I just needed to watch the show. So saying that, I got Seasons 1 and 2 for Christmas and finally got up the time and nerve to marathon Season 2 after finishing Season 1 back during January (For those wondering, the sheer reputation Namek had as a whole is what kept deterring me from Season 2).

So, I first watched Season 1 with some prior knowledge of DB, and DBZ beforehand, enough to know what the general backstory of the season was, such as Piccolo being the reincarnated/son of Demon King Piccolo, the prior relationship between him and Goku, and more. What I got was a really fun series that had some questionable pieces of filler (The starting episode of nothing happening while Gohan fucked around in a jungle was not a good way to start the series). But luckily, when things start getting into the exciting pieces of canon, it's all good. Raditz was a good starting villain for the series, and built up the stakes for the remainder of the season. The animation and music was good, and it was all good. (For those wondering, I am watching the Orange Bricks, which I'll explain further down). If there's one thing I loved about the season is it avoids generally all of the tropes DBZ is known for these days. There's no nonsense where Goku is this one overpowered character who will just pop in and save the day, and come out unharmed. Yes, the Vegeta/Nappa sections are based around this, but in the end, it's highlighted and pointed out as the Earthlings doing their best to stall for time, and simply survive until Goku arrives.

You'd expect Goku to be kicking ass from there. You'd kinda be wrong. Yes. Goku is stronger than the majority of other characters. He beats Nappa where everyone else fails, but then during the battle against Vegeta...Goku gets his ass kicked, and he gets his body broken in practically every possible way, and in the end, it's actually the combined efforts of Goku, Krillin, Gohan, and Yajirobe to actually win the saga for them. Overall, I think Season 1 was pretty good as an introduction. It had some very questionable filler, which was heavily mixed (Some parts I liked, such as Goku on Snake Way, and pieces of Gohan being trained). Others are terrible. The orphan episode, the random training bits with Gohan which ultimately don't amount to much, and just serve to bore me because this is long before Gohan undergoes training to stop crying all of the time, the random bug planet, and more. But overall, Season 1 was good.

...It however left a bad taste in my mouth.

You see, I got the Orange Bricks because that's the most accessible way of watching DBZ in the UK (Same applies with the blue bricks for DB and the green bricks for GT). You see in the UK, anime is something that's incredibly scarce. I mean unbelievably scarce. As in when Toonami UK was shut down, your anime fix was pretty much fucked. To this day, one of my biggest regrets is not having watched DBZ when I was younger, and when it was on in the UK alongside DB and GT. At the same time, UK still kinda got shafted with the series. All aspects of them. 

You see, throughout researching anime in the UK (Yes, I was that desperate to find out information about DBZ potentially airing in the UK again) that I found out that instead of the Funi dub that the US received when Toonami/Funi saw DBZ as profitable enough to continue the series, they instead decided to use the Ocean group to make a new dub of the series. I am not a fan of the Ocean group, but that's what the UK got then. Ocean dub for DBZ, and Blue Water dub for DB/GT. But it was also really inconsistent in the UK too, because through more of my research? I discovered that some random episodes of the Funi dub did air in the UK.

But anyway, as I mentioned, UK got a bit shafted in terms of everything DB. Instead of Funi dubbing the movies, or hell, even Ocean dubbing them, we got the mysterious AB group dubbing them. If you guys don't know who the AB group are? I'll give you guys a reminder.

Yes folks, that's right. The UK? That's what spawned the disgrace known as the Big Green dub, and to further answer your question, yes this is the version of the movies that got released on Toonami UK. Evidence? Here ya go.

You wanna know how the situation got worst? In the UK, these were the only DBZ DVDs until the orange bricks finally released over here. That's right. You could buy three of these shit dubs right now on Amazon UK (Those being Tree of Might, Lord Slug, and World's Strongest). Even to this day, the UK has never gotten the Funi DBZ movie dubs apart from Battle of Gods, and Resurrection F (Which I have seen both). If you want to go further, the rest of Europe actually had 12 of these shit Big Green Dubs released, with three movies being skipped, and being replaced with the Trunks/Bardock special. 

Anyway, what's the point of all this? Well DBZ Kai actually was airing in the UK, on a free channel called Kix! which has sadly turned to shit now with a lot of the crap shows that CN/Nick/Disney commissioned but abandoned after they proved unpopular (Like Rabbids Invasion and Annoying Orange). The worst thing was just a year prior to this, Kix was airing DBZ Kai, Justice League, The Batman, and many more great shows. But that's irrelevant. The point is Kai was mixed up and according to further research I did, it was rare for Kix to reair the Cell/Android saga, and even then the english dub of Kai is still unknown if it's actually gonna finish the Buu saga or not. 

So this christmas, I decided I wanted to finally get into the series proper, and got both Seasons 1 & 2 of the Funi Orange Brick dub as Christmas gifts, and as a person just trying to get into DBZ, rather than a die-hard fan, they got the job done perfectly well. But it also had the unfortunate job of making me not want to move onto Season 2. 

You see, I was well aware of the rep that Seasons 2 and 3 of DBZ had in general. I'm not the biggest fan of space/alien planet tropes/storylines so it already had a problem of needing to catch my interest, but on top of that, of course the Season 1 boxset decides to end on a cliffhanger of a boring filler episode (specifically, the alien kids episode). This bored me after the conclusion to the Saiyan saga, enough to deter me from continuing there and then. 

But I finally got around to watching Season 2 over the course of the last two days, and what do I think?! Well uh...it's alright I guess? I mean it's uh...not great but not bad either?

Uh.

W2DiXlT.gif

Yeah, it's pretty damn split down the middle for me. You see, as I mentioned, I don't particularly like space settings in general, and the sheer fact that Namek is the poster boy of arc fatigue and filler wasn't helping either. The fact that it goes on for two entire seasons, like 60 episodes long also doesn't help matters. It didn't help when the story focused more on Bulma, Krillin, and Gohan than the other characters. Don't get me wrong. I like all three of them. Krillin is one of my favourites with Goku, Vegeta, Trunks, #18, and Towa. It's just I don't think they were able to hold a story for such a long time, especially when the saga flip flops so much on good, and bad. For example, there's legitimately interesting story, like Vegeta's search for immortality, and Goku's X100 Training, but the problem is the arc draws them out for a completely stupid degree. Vegeta's story was interesting at the start, but around the time he escapes from Zarbon, it just turns into the same old shit until he tracks down Gohan and Krillin in rage mode. Goku's in the same place. He's just training while the narrator desperately tries to make a cliffhanger out of it for the next episode. It's fine for a few episodes, but for 10-20 episodes? Dear lord no. 

On top of that, the villains...aren't really good in this saga. Like here's my problem. Frieza's a good villain, but he doesn't have nearly as much spotlight as his minions, like Dadoria, Zarbon, or the Ginyus. Dadoria and Zarbon lack the unique personalities, and overall charisma that Raditz and Nappa had as Vegeta's second in commands. It got to the point where when Zarbon came on screen, I just ended up imitating the version  found in DBZ Kai Abridged, specifically Zarbon's "EMMMMM" and Super Zarbon's "PUSSY". 

As for Dadoria, he has even less screen time, or personality. He's there for a few episodes, goes on a killing spree of some Namekians, and then tries to kill Vegeta only to get his ass destroyed. The only purpose he really serves is exposition for the Saiyans' true fate. Things thankfully pick back up when the Ginyus arrive, but even that drags on after a few episodes, to the point where I just wanted the body swap to hurry up to end this section. The good thing is the Ginyus are more fun and unique than the previous set of villains we had in Dadoria and Zarbon. But everything in this Namek saga just blends together to the point it just gets fucking boring. Between the fact Namek looks the exact same no matter where the characters go, the Namekians aren't very interesting outside of Dante, Nail, and Guru, and a lot of the story is just the same thing with the same characters stretched out to unbelievable levels. 

But that doesn't even get to the biggest issue of this season. I mean the biggest. Like the one that made me consider just fucking quitting and skipping to the Android saga when I eventually move on to later seasons. The. fucking. filler. Good lord, this is the worst filler I've seen. Absolutely nothing. Fucking. Nothing. Is of worth in this filler. The space kids? Boring, and exists to try mention Frieza beforehand. Fake Namek? Absolutely fucking tedious, boring, and obviously of no worth because you know for a fact that it's fake from the geekgo because the Frieza saga is one of the most well-known in anime history, and you know it isn't going to end this easily. All of Bulma's stuff? Good lord, it's successfully managed to make me hate Bulma more because she acts like a selfish cry-baby who constantly whines and can never be pleased. "GUYS, TAKE ME WITH YOU DESPITE THE FACT I DON'T WANNA GET HURT SO THERE'S NO WAY TO SATISFY ME!". "I GOT KIDNAPPED BY TWO FRIEZA GOONS, AND I'M GONNA MAKE IT LOOK LIKE IMMA BE DEAD DESPITE THE FACT EVERYONE KNOWS TRUNKS IS MY SON SO IT'S OBVIOUSLY WORTHLESS" and so many more instances. This fucking filler is absolutely horrible, and it seriously made me consider quitting. Literally the only reason I even stuck through it is because I wanted to see the entirety of DBZ, including the entire Frieza saga. Otherwise, all of these filler bs episodes would've been skipped with no hesitation. So overall, Season 2 is an incredibly mixed bag.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well, starting Kai would have been your best bet, but yeah, the Orange Bricks are way cheaper. If you end up getting season 3, just know the entire season is basically one big fight. And regarding Bulma, she's always been a fairly selfish individual, but what made her character was her ability to use her wit and inventions to get out of situations. She was kinda badass. Unfortunately a lot of that stuff is lost in Z. It'll become more apparent as the series progresses, but if you ain't strong, you're pretty much useless. It's funny tho, the early portion of the Freeza arc is some of my favorite stuff. It's home to some of Vegeta's best moments. The Saiyan history is great too. Different strokes for different folks I guess. I'll agree the filler before Kuririn and co. get to Namek sucks tho. 

• Thumbs Up 1

As I said, Vegeta's story is one of the good points, including the saiyan backstory. It's just his antics stretch on to ultimately the same thing to the point even Vegeta gets boring, at least until the point he kicks Zarbon's ass.

If it makes you feel any better, once you get to the Cell Saga it's only uphill, that's probably one of the best sagas for me and there's barely any filler on it other than a few episodes between the big and long fights

• Thumbs Up 2