Awoo.

Digimon Adventure (PSP, developed by Prope)

Candescence

I have been playing this for some minutes now. I just beat Shellmon with Greymon, Patamon and Tentomon.

Even though I can't understand shit it has been pretty fun until now.

We need more of this stuff outside of Japan.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have been playing this for some minutes now. I just beat Shellmon with Greymon, Patamon and Tentomon.

Even though I can't understand shit it has been pretty fun until now.

We need more of this stuff outside of Japan.

You played this game before me, I officially hate you. D:

On a way more positive note...

HOLY

4CD9F525-190E-4F6F-AEFD-FDE33FE6CDE6-386

FUCKING

C3B0542D-C42B-4BBE-99CD-BC7AFC98C741-386

SHIT

5C61A01D-8F79-44B1-A5DA-38931F271EA4-386

YES!! biggrin.png

EDIT: Fun fact; I paid more for this game than I paid for my PSP. laugh.png

Edited by -Mark-
  • Thumbs Up 3

Gomamon's Mega stage has also become Vikemon instead of Plesiomon.  I assume it's because they didn't really have fantastic options available for Mega-level forms when they first conceived of these evolution lines, but since then some considerably more suitable final forms have been developed.

Also, Digimon can evolve into multiple things anyway. Technically both forms can be canon. 

Anyway, after a slight hiccup, I've done the WereGarurumon episode, AtlurKabuterimon (MegaKabuterimon) is up next. :)

I feel like a part of my childhood is now complete now that I've finally gotten to see all the other main Digimon characters finally reach their mega forms.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 4

I've been watching a playthrough on YT, and damn, the game is almost exactly like the anime! Sounds, sceneries, music, everything looks amazingly done and respectfull to the anime. Looks really fun too, I wish I had an PSP or a good PSP emulator :/

Pfft, this game was the main reason I even bought my PSP. :lol:

I'm up to the episode with Mimi and the TonosamaGeckomon (ShogunGeckomon), now. Also, I managed to sort out a Japanese PSN account so I could redeem my pre-order DLC code. :)

Pfft, this game was the main reason I even bought my PSP. laugh.png

I'm up to the episode with Mimi and the TonosamaGeckomon (ShogunGeckomon), now. Also, I managed to sort out a Japanese PSN account so I could redeem my pre-order DLC code. smile.png

Isn't that the episode were Mimi sings, or am I wrong?

Yeah, that's the one. :)

Made some more progress now, got everyone back to the real world for the time being!

So, I'm nearly thirty hours into this game and I've only just beaten VenomVamdemon/ VenomMyotismon. Daaaamn, long game is long. :0

Really enjoying this even more now that I have a better grip of the finer mechanics of the battle system.

I've only had two game overs so far. Once was my first attempt against VenomVamdemon... the other was embarrassingly against Pump(kin)mon. >_>;

So how is this game for someone who can't understand Japanese? Is it easy to pick up and play, or is it more challenging due to a lot of reading? I'm interested in this, especially after getting a Namco magazine which featured it on their front cover. That plus I've always had a soft spot for Digimon.

I can't judge entirely, since I know enough Japanese to make menu navigation relatively easy. 

Admittedly, familiarity with the language isn't massively necessary; the biggest language barrier issue is with the character Bond Ranks; you're given an option to respond to characters in certain ways, and depending on your reaction, their opinion of you can improve. This will help them join you for team combo attacks in battles (not essential but helpful), and you need a certain level of bond ranks by the end of the game to unlock all the final Ultimate (Mega) levels. Again, these are optional and not necessary to complete the game.

You'll probably need to check a guide for some item descriptions and uses, but GameFAQs has them covered even if there's no full walkthrough yet. 

Just trial and error and getting the hang of things will generally be enough to see you through most of the game, you'll just need to check around online for help with the odd thing here and there.

I've only had two game overs so far. Once was my first attempt against VenomVamdemon... the other was embarrassingly against Pump(kin)mon. >_>;

Don't worry man. I lost to him too. I was ill prepared and he hits like a friggin' truck. 

Last night I beat MetalSeadramon and the sub episode after it. Today is all about (hopefully) finishing the game. If nothing else I'd at least like to get passed Machindramon. 

Edited by Ichigo Storm

Beat the main story last night, did Our War Game earlier today. Just started the first crossover chapter. Holy crap the infinite SP DigiPiece makes you feel powerful. XD

Also, I managed to get all the extra Ultimate (Mega) levels, woo. :D

Oh, and the strategy guide turned up the other day. :)

308C7301-46C8-4E5F-9299-CA2CE622D8FF-240

Okay, so I pretty much finished everything last night, aside from the final Digital Dungeon which unlocks in a New Game +.

Oh, hi guys;

3B851A16-7AA9-4FAC-9BEF-AD6E079D4AE5-842

BD6E805E-0E52-493C-B044-953C62699A98-842

46C1B181-BE3A-465E-81CD-FC3509181ADD-842

6F93D6DB-A2F6-4BB8-9EDC-54FC50CCBDD5-842

4CCFAEAE-7038-4E8B-83AE-41781745D719-842

4541FCA4-7B59-48F7-A2A2-C1C7315DBF24-842

47F7C0EA-C836-4E81-A0FA-ABB03710402A-842

25CD33D8-914A-47BB-B4E8-4F018E78437E-842

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not entirely sure what Marcus is saying, but it probably has something to do with punching someone.

Really nifty to see the two art styles so directly compared.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

Some of his dialogue is really funny, actually. :lol:

The whole concept for the crossover chapter is that there are evil copies of all the leaders' Digimon lurking around. Masaru/ Marcus' reaction upon seeing Taichi/ Tai with his Agumon is along the lines of;

"HOLY CRAP ITS THE EVIL FAKE, KILL IT"

So he jumps you and you have to fight him. :lol: He then apologises after realising you're not. :P

Also, Taichi normally goes on ahead at the end of each crossover chapter and leaves the guest character behind. In this case Masaru pretty much says "You guys go off and do whatever, I'm gonna go find the one behind this and kick their ass". 

Tagiru gets a funny moment, too;

"I'm a Digimon hunter!"

*Taichi and Agumon recoil in horror*

"Oh wait, no! No, not like that! D:"

• Thumbs Up 2

6F93D6DB-A2F6-4BB8-9EDC-54FC50CCBDD5-842

Masaru? More like Mehsaru, am I right? I mean, just look at his facial expression here...

Also, they use his original outfit, which is really boring compared to his second one. Whyyy? D':

But yeah, the expressions do somewhat look like they just based their models entirely off single pieces of stock art, which is a bit of a shame. 

• 2 months later...

I'm actually am happy to know that they are still making Digimon games. This one in particular might actually get more people interested in Digimon games and the anime.

It sucks that this game isn't coming over to the states.