Awoo.

Digimon Adventure (PSP, developed by Prope)

Candescence

I'd wager it'd have more to do with the fact that PSP is pretty much dead in the west right now.

That too. Though, really, the Vita is pretty much dead in Japan as well, so that's a catch-22 in itself. I wish they'd actually release it on another platform, like the 3DS.

Anyhow, before I forget, trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4a3O-HWmvQ&feature=player_embedded

• Thumbs Up 1

If this got an English release, I'd buy a PSP just to play it in a heartbeat.

EDIT: Screw that, seriously considering importing a Japanese PSP just for this game.

Edited by -Mark-
  • Thumbs Up 4

Wow, wow, this is really cool and looks like they are indeed adapting everything from Adventure! Sounds like it's gonna be a nice game, too bad it's for the PSP, derp... By the way, Naka-san is working on it, this sounds so weird lol

Edited by Jango

If this got an English release, I'd buy a PSP just to play it in a heartbeat.

EDIT: Screw that, seriously considering importing a Japanese PSP just for this game.

The PSP is region-free, last I checked, so that's hardly necessary.

I think Bandai could seriously revitalize the franchise outside of Japan like they did with Tamagotchi a few years back. That would, of course, involve actually putting effort into doing stuff outside of Japan, which Namco Bandai is seemingly incapable of, really, outside of a few big franchises.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

Wait, you serious? It is? Holy fucking shit, if I can get a 100% confirmation on that, I'm totally there.

Then start learning moonlanguage, son.

I've bought/ played/ finished games in Japanese before (even RPGs), so I'm sure I'll manage. I generally know enough Japanese to navigate menus without much trouble, and the story itself is an adaptation of the anime. That, and aforementioned knowing-enough-Japanese will help me get by anyway.

And hey, if all else fails, someone will probably write a walkthrough for it anyway. :)

This is like the game of my absolute dreams. And Naka's shiny new company is making it!

So why in fuck couldn't it have come out 3-4 years ago when Digimon was in the middle of its temporary revitalization and the PSP was still alive?

• Thumbs Up 6

This is like the game of my absolute dreams. And Naka's shiny new company is making it!

So why in fuck couldn't it have come out 3-4 years ago when Digimon was in the middle of its temporary revitalization and the PSP was still alive?

There was a temporary revitalization, aside from Digimon Savers (which is my favourite Digimon anime)? Could've fooled me, I thought Bandai was trying to revitalize Tamagotchi in the west instead and then left it to die shortly after.

And to answer your question, Namco Bandai are idiots, that's why. I don't get why this is not on the 3DS as well.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

I meant Savers/Data Squad.

Yeah, I thought so. It's a bit of a shame that NB stopped localizing the Digimon games after Dawn/Dusk, too (namely Lost Evolution, Digimon Story: Xros Wars, both on DS, and Re:Digitize, which is also on the PSP), but that's Namco Bandai for you. There's also the Digimon Masters MMO, but while that has its good ideas, it's yet another hotkey MMO with a terrible translation.

It's rather aggravating, really. It's a great franchise, but it's in the hands of a bunch of incompetent morons who are terrible at doing anything outside of Japan.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

I'd hit that buy a PSP just for that. Seriously, Digimon Adventure 01 is one of my biggest guilty pleasures of anime and to finally have a videogame based around the anime is a dream come true. I pray it gets a U.S./English release.

What they should have done, make a PSP and a Vita(i.e God Eater 2) version available in Japan while in west it's only on the Vita, win win(and some lose for people not wanting to upgrade)

It just breaks my heart that this will probably never come to the states. Digimon adventure played a huge role in my childhood and I would buy this game in a heart beat. And wouldn't it be awesome if they got all the original English cast back together for this game?

Have some screenshots!

Digimon-Adventure_2012_09-20-12_006.jpg

Digimon-Adventure_2012_09-20-12_010.jpg

Digimon-Adventure_2012_09-20-12_011.jpg

Digimon-Adventure_2012_09-20-12_012.jpg

It IS basically the end of the PSP's lifespan, so it's a given, but the clean, colorful cell-shaded visuals are very well-done. Why the fuck is this not on the 3DS? Jesus.

Also, anyone who has watched the trailer might notice something particular at the end... Five bucks says Our War Game is the final story arc and Diablomon is the final boss, fought with Omegamon (or a bonus chapter with the Diablomon Vs. Omegamon fight as a bonus boss). Considering it's being hinted at in the trailer, it would be a crime for that movie to be left out of the game, Our War Game is one of the best licensed anime films of all time, after all (well, the original - I do NOT want to talk about the Frankenstien's Monster-like monstrosity that was Digimon The Move).

Edited by Masaru Daimon
  • Thumbs Up 3

Here's to hoping 'Our War Game' is the last chapter / final boss story. That was really one of the best animated films I've ever watched.

And yeah this game looks nice. Why isn't this on another portable, again? Or better yet give it a PC port. I'd buy it, I promise.

• 3 weeks later...

Prepare yourselves for this big ol' update on the game.

According to Anime News Network this game will recreate every episode from Adventure in addition to Our War Game. Also, all eight children and their partners will have their original voices and so will some characters who appeared in more than one episode including Etemon, Myostismon, Wizardmon, Puppetmon, Piedmon and the Narrator. Apparently the voice track for the game is over 70 hours long.

Fuck I want this game. Our War Game and the original cast? Definite import right here. In fact, gonna import this and the Romance Dawn bundle so I can play this presumed masterpiece on a One Piece PSP. That's how important this is. New PSP important

• Thumbs Up 4