Awoo.

Underrated Sonic Games

Konata1000

Lately Sonic Colors has been getting a lot of shit. And to that I must say fuck you that game was awesome. It was basically the perfect merge of classic and modern games.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm going to say this once, and say it now. I like Sonic Labyrinth. It's a rather...decent game and I feel the only reason people hate it is because it doesn't have the tradition Sonic sense of Speed. But that's just my take on it.

I fucking love you!

• Thumbs Up 1

'06 is one of the most underrated Sonic games ever because it had open levels, and amazing and breathtaking story, great music, great graphics. Yet it gets so much hate! It's mind boggling!

(Nah, I'm kidding. '06 is a piece of rotten crap, and deserves all the hate it gets.)

Lately Sonic Colors has been getting a lot of shit. And to that I must say fuck you that game was awesome. It was basically the perfect merge of classic and modern games.

Sonic Colors has nothing Classic Sonic in it. Unless if those Sonic 4 2D sections count as Classic Sonic.

You know, I could just play Mario Kart instead. It's the same game with better characters.

Okay? The game is still fun nonetheless. If you prefer Mario kart over it fine. That wasn't my point at all.

Personal opinion:I find the all stars cast more likable.

Knuckles Chaotix is seriously underrated, but not really for the level design. It's the alternate gameplay. Sonic 3 & Knuckles's extra characters are basically the same with the exception of an added moveset, a different skin, and some changes in the level design (for Knuckles, much more so than Sonic & Tails). These characters have gameplay that all relate to one another, but separate just enough to give them individual identities. Personally, it's the first Sonic-'verse game on a home console to successfully execute alternate gameplay.

Sonic Jam

I don't understand WHY THE HELL this title is hated. …

Sonic Jam — the compiliation — ISN'T hated by the fandom. The problem is that it was sold on the Sega Saturn and didn't have a great turnout. But it's a great compiliation, the best one if you ask me. It's just not as well-known compared to the Sonic Mega Collection. You're thinking of Sonic Jam from Game.com, which is a completely different game and isn't a compiliation.

Games such as Sonic Labyrinth, on the other hand, deserve to be hated because its controls, pace, graphics, and music (to an extent) are terrible. If anything, it's underrated because it isn't hated enough.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Thumbs Up 1

'06 is one of the most underrated Sonic games ever because it had open levels, and amazing and breathtaking story, great music, great graphics. Yet it gets so much hate! It's mind boggling!

Don't forget its lovable characters and biting message.

Sonic Colors has nothing Classic Sonic in it. Unless if those Sonic 4 2D sections count as Classic Sonic.

Could you stop trying to argue with EVERYBODY please?

• Thumbs Up 6

(Nah, I'm kidding. '06 is a piece of rotten crap, and deserves all the hate it gets.)

Yet it has broken game play, horrendous character design, the story wasn't fit for a Sonic game and it was horrible, a hedgehog named Silver? Sega's taking ideas from their fans, and it has glitches, glitches everywhere.

Yet it has broken game play, horrendous character design, the story wasn't fit for a Sonic game and it was horrible, a hedgehog named Silver? Sega's taking ideas from their fans, and it has glitches, glitches everywhere.

...Did you even read what I said below? I was joking.

Colors' 2D sections are nothing like Sonic 4 due to it actually being fun.......and good.

*boring

...Did you even read what I said below? I was joking.

Oh, I didn't see it.

Nobody liked Black Knight but me. Satisfying swordplay. A GOOD plot with GOOD dialouge for once. Multiple playable characters. It was good, man.

Oh, I liked Black Knight too. A LOT. I sure as hell wouldn't say it was good though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is all of that really necessary? sleep.png Atleast Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing is still a great game. I wish I can say the same for Sonic R. The only reason why I'll play it is cause of the music.

exactly, R was a disaster. I rather a game be a bit of a rip-off than suck completely asides the soundtrack.

I seriously think Sonic Riders was a bit underrated. The spin-off series had such potential and I feel Zero Gravity and Free Riders ruined it. Riders may have been basic, but it was solid and all SEGA had to do was build upon that the proper way. Not being able to do your own tricks in ZG and only being able to play via the Kinect for Free was a disaster. Not to mention that fucking with the gravity in ZG seemed a bit dumb. Not that ASR is popular the way it is, I doubt we'll see another Riders any time soon.

Sonic Shuffle as well. Make another and add a shit-ton of mini-games already SEGA, come on. People need to stop looking at the game as being a MP rip-off and just enjoy the game for what it is... a mini-game compilation game with a gameboard.

• Thumbs Up 1

*boring

Oh, I didn't see it.

They may be bland at times but at least they have original gimmicks that are more interesting then the entirety of Sonic 4.

As for an actual contribution I'd say SA2 is surprisingly pretty underrated nowadays. Sure you hear people say it's overrated, but outside a weird fringe-group I've mostly heard bad things about the game. Sure it's not Generations, but it's still pretty fun and I don't regret playing it.

• Thumbs Up 6

As for an actual contribution I'd say SA2 is surprisingly pretty underrated nowadays. Sure you hear people say it's overrated, but outside a weird fringe-group I've mostly heard bad things about the game. Sure it's not Generations, but it's still pretty fun and I don't regret playing it.

And since I never played it (Grew up with a playstation) I'm looking forwards for the HD Re-release. :3