Awoo.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity (Nintendo 3DS)

Cola

pmd_gti_maindetail.jpg

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity is the latest installment in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series. The game features Unova Pokémon heavily, with Snivy, Oshawott, Tepig, Pikachu and Axew being the starters of the game. This game implements full 3D gameplay via the 3DS's 3D capabilities. It also takes advantage of the 3DS's AR functions. By recognizing different round objects, it transforms them into a Magnagate leaving an infinite labyrinth of dungeons to be explored.

The story involves you falling out of a dream as a Pokemon, only to be found by your partner, a Pokemon of your choosing. From there, your adventure begins! Your main hub is a town called "Pokemon Paradise", where all the familiar shops can be found, along with some new ones.

Also, there's gonna be an Anime special, as is tradition. The animation looks fantastic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=r69hFgRXtbM

Original Post:

Hey guys!

Like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon? Like the Nintendo 3DS?

Well, Good News, Everyone!

GoodNewsEveryone.jpg

Corocoro has just announced a new title to be released this year in Japan under the title Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth. It'll start out with you turning into a Pokemon while falling into a dream. The Pokemon you can become are: Pikachu, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, and Axew. WOW GEE WHAT A CUTBAalso the game's in full 3D and I don't mean those shitty My Pokemon Ranch models

It seems to be a single version, rather than a pair, which is interesting.

Augmented Reality also plays a part in the game. By scanning things, you can have them turn into Magnagates, which lead to new dungeons!

corocoro102.jpg
corocoro101.jpg
corocoro103.jpg

(thanks to MarcelloF for posting those scans)

Edited by Comet
  • Thumbs Up 6

I can't wait for this! I adore the Mystery Dungeon games and this looks awesome as well! biggrin.png

Edited by Thigolf
  • Thumbs Up 1

Looking forward to this. I never got around to the second set of games but I really loved Blue Rescue Team. I'll probably pick this up when it comes out.

Surely this confirms the next main series game on the 3DS will be in full 3D.

Doubtful, since the last Pokemon Mystery Dungeon was 3D as well. It was Japan exclusive though (Wiiware service).

I'm so excited for this game honestly! The Mystery Dungeon series was always one of my favorites.

It should be noted that while you have the four Pokemon to choose as partner Pokemon, it doesn't mean you can't recruit other Pokemon later in the game like with Explorers of the Sky. So there could be many more playable characters in reality.

• Thumbs Up 1

Are you sure those are the only Pokémon you can start out as? They may simply be keeping the others a secret, since I know the other PMDs have a bigger selection.

Well, this is certainly the first tiem I've been at all interested in Pokémon Myster Dungeon. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Alright fine Nintendo I'll buy your stupid 3DS you happy now geez.

Edited by Soma

Are you sure those are the only Pokémon you can start out as? They may simply be keeping the others a secret, since I know the other PMDs have a bigger selection.

I hope there's a bigger selection! This is a HUGE cutback!

how will i become a charizard now

SWEET, A NEW MYSTERY DUNGEON!!

The Pokemon you can become are: Pikachu, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, and Axew.

... -sigh- okay.jpg

Edited by Ladies' Man Wario

The Pokemon you can become are: Pikachu, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, and Axew.

Why are they trying to force the Unova Pokémon when all the previous games in the series let you chose any starter and "cute" Pokémon?

I hope they are keeping them as secret by now, I want to be a fucking Charmander.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guys, you don't need anyone else, you have Axew

Iris_Axew_debut.png

Why would you wanna be anyone else?

Anyways, I'm hyped for this, since I've been waiting for a new Mystery Dungeon game since Sky. Can't wait.

Edited by Rawrdom
  • Thumbs Up 3

I hope there's a bigger selection! This is a HUGE cutback!

how will i become a charizard now

It says your partner Pokemon are only able to be those four. For every game in the series you've had a limited number of partner Pokemon, but about 1/3 of the way into the game, you could recruit almost any Pokemon in addition. The article never says the only Pokemon you can play with are those four, but your original partner Pokemon.

Those are two different things entirely.

I've never been able to force myself to complete a Mystery Dungeon game, but there's something about the concept that's just so appealing that I can't imagine not picking a new one up, especially one that looks like a little more effort's being put into it.

...pity about the playable Pokémon, though. I mean, I still like all of the options, but that's a pretty huge step down.

Guys, I'm pretty sure there will be more Pokémon for both partner and player. They're probably only advertising a small selection right now to get people hyped.

Yeah, I seriously doubt it'll just be those few.

And YES! I've been waiting for a new PMD game ever since Gen 5 itself was announced. My dream is finally coming true~

I've looked into it, and it seems that those 5 are only possible choices.

Hot dog!

That would stink a lot if true, I want to start with Druddigon :c