Awoo.

Classic Sonic: The Design

I prefer the Japanese one... It looks like they tried to make the American one look somewhat angrier.

That's why it's so cool. I love the American design.

I like the fact that he's more menacing and less cute. It looks cool.
He's not menacing, he's a sack of mashed potatoes. He's a wax sculpture left out in the sun.
  • Thumbs Up 3

He's not menacing, he's a sack of mashed potatoes. He's a wax sculpture left out in the sun.

He has this cool gritty metal graffiti look to him. I LOVE IT. So badass!

Meh, I don't think you have the same views as many of us. Though, they're yours so, I don't care. Opinions are opinions.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Japanese is probably my favorite Classic Sonic design, the American version is hideous. The japanese one looks so much cuter...and the design is way better as well.

Edited by Solid Winston

Are you always going to post about how cool the American design is every time somebody criticizes it?

if so you're going to have a long night

I cannot belive the American version is so loved by mainstream gamers that aren't Sonic fans, and yet is so hated hear. Anyway, I pick the Japanese one.

The Japan design is a beautifully crafted masterpiece. The shading really helps the colours flow together, and the proportions are just right. You really do get a 'spin' kind of feel form the Japan design. The palette is vibrant and very appealing to the eyes, and the smile tops it all off nicely.

The American one looks like vomit an shit blended together.

• Thumbs Up 1

Even as a kid I didn't like the way Sonic looked on the boxart in America.

Sonic_1.5.png

I honestly would've taken this over the American design they came up with. A good mix of both designs.

Is this an American one? Now, see, this looks cool -- aside from that annoying blinking pupil thing 90s America seemed to like doing...

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic_1.5.png

I honestly would've taken this over the American design they came up with. A good mix of both designs.

Huh. I like this. They should have put this on the boxart.

Sonic_1.5.png

Ooh, I like this one; that blinking pupil aside, it's really the best of both worlds. Why they didn't went with this design honestly baffles me.

Why they didn't went with this design honestly baffles me.

Not angry enough, I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ewuchk!!1 The American design! Kill it with fire, throw salt from all directions!

Sonic CD design is still my favorite Classic version of Sonic though.

Edited by Extruder
  • Thumbs Up 1

Uhg, the American design is so god damn ugly. I know they were trying to appeal to us stupid American kids back then by making him hip and with an attitude, but did they have to make him so freakin' ugly? Worst part is, they used...THAT thing in the cartoons, comics, just...EW!

• Thumbs Up 1

Thing is though, the cartoons are much better in having the design, and the comics don't even use the design because it all depends on the artist.

Japan's easily. It's cleaner, more timeless, and has much more appeal.

The American one has such sloppy looking structure and line work. As stated before, he looks like he's melting. That's bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why does it even matter? Sonic Team said that Classic Sonic is not coming back. Damn shame.

Hey, I've got an idea! Sega should make a game in the classic era that has nothing to do with the Modern Era or Episode 4. If they were to do that, I'd like to see the original gameplay make a return.

I honestly don't care for either, but Japanese Sonic looks a lot better by a wide margin. American Sonic looks like a partially melted wax figure to be honest.

I still don't get what they were going for with the American version.

I'm kind of guessing that they were trying to make him shark like. If that makes any sense.

Also lol put me in the pro blinking pupil camp. It gets a lot of hate for some reason but I don't know why. So what if its weird or physically impossible? It's just another cute quirk to the character. Though its something I only really prescribe to classic Sonic.

Lol my mina picture has blinking pupils. Pour gasoline on it quick!

Edited by Dejablue
  • Thumbs Up 2