MachSpeed

1kr74.png

This pissed off look?

No this:

XtGAO.jpg

=P

*But mainly his sprites in Sonic 1.

Edited by MachSpeed

That doesn't look pissed off in the slightest.

Alright you got me there but I mean his sprites.

The 16 bit sprites. They don't have a mouth and the brow which is important for expression barely changes.

Well because even though I enjoy Sonic's Episode I don't like all the other characters that much. And the story is a bit silly. I would enjoy a stripped down version, just Sonic saving the princess but with no drama or the kiss revival, etc. The final boss should just be Egg Wyvern and it ends there.

God you want pissed off look to Hedgehogs Boost's Avatar. That's the best angry Sonic I've seen.

• Thumbs Up 5

The 16 bit sprites. They don't have a mouth and the brow which is important for expression barely changes.

That's what I mean. He always has that 'static' pissed look. I like it.

@Komodin: Haha no way I want the glitches fixed at least a little not 1:1

Edited by MachSpeed

I fail to see any pissed off look, he is just looking straight at whatever is in front of him.

• Thumbs Up 1

You're saying that the sprite not showing expression is the best way to show expression?
  • Thumbs Up 1

God you want pissed off look to Hedgehogs Boost's Avatar. That's the best angry Sonic I've seen.

HIGH FIVE MAN!*High fives*

Seriously though. Almost every sonic game(even heroes) depicted Sonic's attitude and facial expressions and better than 06.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

Botox abuse leading to facial paralysis is a serious issue it is not something to admire.
  • Thumbs Up 9

Yes, exactly.

rFjuB.png

The lack of mouth in his Sonic 1 sprite and the frown makes him look extreme. I love it.

Yes, exactly.

rFjuB.png

The lack of mouth in his Sonic 1 sprite and the frown makes him look extreme. I love it.

Extremly bland?

Yes, exactly.

rFjuB.png

While I like the sprite, I don't think it suits what you want.

I don't think they were boring. There were some death pits but the levels were still fun. Kingdom Valley is one of the best stages in the whole Sonic series.

If it were in a better game it might be. It's a level with quite a few interesting ideas (as expected as it was the level with the most development time and the most competent developers) but let down again by how naturally shitty Sonic 06's engine is. Honestly, it's abysmal. Every other Sonic game has had at least a competent grasp of momentum and physics. Even Shadow the Hedgehog had a better engine and that engine was pretty dang bag. This all stems actually from the main issue of Sonic's top speed being so horribly gimped.

- You run up a slope and jump at the top of the slope in 06 you will gain no additional height

- Sonic reacts so weirdly to slopes

- Sonic cannot run on walls unless the wall is scripted to allow him to do so

- Same with loops (gotta love the loops and how they're scripted to the point where no matter what button you press you will go forward, and how you can literally walk through them)

- Sonic can't jump on enemies. Extremely stupid design decison.

You don't have any real freedom because of this. You can't do amazing leaps of faith off inclines. You can make proper use of momentum, the main gameplay element that's what made the original games so good in the first place. Again, EVERY OTHER Sonic game has a better designed engine than this one.

• Thumbs Up 2

@sprites

The mother FUCK is that last one?

SpinBall I think. Edited by Rainbow Ring

While I like the sprite, I don't think it suits what you want.

Well he has that similar static frown when he runs in Adventure and 06. With his head down and pissed off look things get serious. But anyway I think we should get back on the topic xD

Yes, exactly.

rFjuB.png

Hm... his Sonic 1 look is extreme, alright. Extremely dull...

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh yeah back on topic! No. I don't want it. No one here besides you want it. Only a small few want it, and that is not going to warrant them making it just for that small few.

Sega needs to stop porting in general, and just make new stuff that's good.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

Okay. The topic has kinda turned into why Sonic '06 shouldn't be re released and every one is against the idea mind you. But seriously,if you want to play just Sonic's story without the story and other characters. Just play Sonic's story on the '06 out. You don't have to you the other characters,you can skip cut scenes, so that is what you wanted.

• Thumbs Up 1