Awoo.

Sonic 2006 Re-Release?

MachSpeed

Money that could be spent making 06 just playable is better spent making a new game genuinely good.

That's why I like it. He looks much cooler with the same angry expression like in Sonic 1.

Angry is an emotion. Something the model doen't do. My point was it was bad without showing emotion, you said that is why you like it. What do you mean?

Money that could be spent making 06 just playable is better spent making a new game genuinely good.

Well they could do this project after earning revenue from the next big Sonic game.

@Rainbow: I like it because Sonic looks cool with that frown expression while running, like in Adventure 1. I don't like him smiling it looks silly. Sonic looks good with that 'extreme' expression with his head down and arms back. I love it.

Edited by MachSpeed

Well they could do this project after earning revenue from the next big Sonic game.

Use that revenue to make more good new games.

Or they could burn the money. That's probably a better use of it, considering it doesn't mean more '06.
  • Thumbs Up 3

@Rainbow: I like it because Sonic looks cool with that frown expression while running, like in Adventure 1. I don't like him smiling it looks silly. Sonic looks good with that 'extreme' expression with his head down and arms back. I love it.

But the running animation in '06 didn't have his arms back, they were to the side.

I don't think they were boring. There were some death pits but the levels were still fun. Kingdom Valley is one of the best stages in the whole Sonic series.

It's great if you like the stages, however, you also have to understand how the general majority would react to such a game being 'ported'. Even with glitch fixes, the game would still gain a generally negative reception. Sure, some people may like it, but considering Sega's financial status, this isn't a good idea at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

You don't know much about Sonic's personality do you?

• Thumbs Up 3

But the running animation in '06 didn't have his arms back, they were to the side.

Well yeah but you know what I mean. Side to side and back both look cool. I think the 06 model is the best. If it were higher poly like the Unleashed one it would be perfect in my opinion.

@Tmsp: Sonic's true personality is full on attitude, just like in Sonic 1.

Edited by MachSpeed

I'm wondering how do you even re-release something that's not only on current gen systems but is also a mess of a game? But however in OP's post...

We know Sonic Adventure 2 is getting a rerelease, would you want a Sonic 2006 port for Xbox Live Arcade and PSN? They could take away everything except the Sonic levels and improve the gameplay. If they added online multiplayer I would really love it. I think Sonic's Episode in 2006 is underrated and I would love a Sonic Episode as a standalone game.

Are you suggesting to re-release it with just prettier graphics or something? There's a difference between a polished turd and actually fixing the problem you know. Either way while I prefer the game to be fixed I don't really see the point of re-releasing the train wreck of a game that cost Sega a lot.

We know Sonic Adventure 2 is getting a rerelease, would you want a Sonic 2006 port for Xbox Live Arcade and PSN? They could take away everything except the Sonic levels and improve the gameplay. If they added online multiplayer I would really love it. I think Sonic's Episode in 2006 is underrated and I would love a Sonic Episode as a standalone game.

FUCKING NO!

Why the hell does this keep being brought up?! The only thing this would be is a severe waste of peoples time which should be put into developing the next Sonic game! Or better yet getting that Skies of Arcadia Port up and on PSN/XBLA

Well yeah but you know what I mean. Side to side and back both look cool. I think the 06 model is the best. If it were higher poly like the Unleashed one it would be perfect in my opinion.

Well, his attitude is also cocky. There is very little points in '06 where he is cocky. Unleashed, Black Knight. Much better portrayals of Sonic.

I'm wondering how do you even re-release something that's not only on current gen systems but is also a mess of a game? But however in OP's post...

Are you suggesting to re-release it with just prettier graphics or something? There's a difference between a polished turd and actually fixing the problem you know. Either way while I prefer the game to be fixed I don't really see the point of re-releasing the train wreck of a game that cost Sega a lot.

Yes maybe slightly better graphics but more importantly streamlining it to Sonic's Episode only, less glitches and online multiplayer.

@Rainbow: I was just talking about expressions anyway not dialogue.

Edited by MachSpeed

Sonic's true personality is full on attitude, just like in Sonic 1.

1. Attitude doesn't mean angry.

2. Not really anymore.

1. Attitude doesn't mean angry.

2. Not really anymore.

I mean that's what his true personality should be. They need to go back to how he was in Sonic 1, just getting the job done with that pissed off look. But this can be combined with modern elements too.

Yes maybe slightly better graphics but more importantly streamlining it to Sonic's Episode only, less glitches and online multiplayer.

Look please, nobody want's this. You do, but I asume you have the game. So, instead of wasting Sega's money and time. Why don't you just play '06?
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was just talking about expressions anyway not dialogue.

CS_S_00.png

There is far more to Sonic than simply "attitude."

• Thumbs Up 7

Look please, nobody want's this. You do, but I asume you have the game. So, instead of wasting Sega's money and time. Why don't you just play '06?

Well because even though I enjoy Sonic's Episode I don't like all the other characters that much. And the story is a bit silly. I would enjoy a stripped down version, just Sonic saving the princess but with no drama or the kiss revival, etc. The final boss should just be Egg Wyvern and it ends there.

I mean that's what his true personality should be. They need to go back to how he was in Sonic 1, just getting the job done with that pissed off look. But this can be combined with modern elements too.

First person ever to pair up '06 and Sonic the Hedgehog. How?

sonic5_qjpreviewth.jpg

This IS NOT attitude. It's not. It's Sonic having no expression on his face. It's him looking like he has no soul. It's him looking derp. It's anything but him looking like he has attitude. attitude or emotion is more like this,sonic-unleashed-01.jpg

img_87275_dixi-does-sonic-unleashed-part-1-so-much-cutscene.jpg

Hell, even Sonic heroes depicted sonic better.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost
  • Thumbs Up 2

No....NONONO.

That sounds more like Shadow than Sonic.

You want a Sonic game that REALLY reflects is personality? Try Sonic and The Black Knight.

• Thumbs Up 1

1kr74.png

This pissed off look?

• Thumbs Up 2

Well because even though I enjoy Sonic's Episode I don't like all the other characters that much. And the story is a bit silly. I would enjoy a stripped down version, just Sonic saving the princess but with no drama or the kiss revival, etc. The final boss should just be Egg Wyvern and it ends there.

Well here. You don't have to play as other characters to progress with Sonic. If you hate the story, Skip the cut scenes.