Awoo.

Sonic 2006 Re-Release?

MachSpeed

Well, why do you need it re released? You can buy it dirt cheap and you can just play Sonic's story anyway.

So they can fix some glitches and streamline it to Sonic only, and add online multiplayer.

There were some glitches but the level design was great. Alternate paths, shortcuts and actual platforming that wasn't Sonic Colors blockathons.

• Thumbs Up 5

It's called an update, it can usually do things like that. And still, why would they update a 6 year old game the majority hates?

So they can fix some glitches and streamline it to Sonic only, and add online multiplayer.

i really hope you aren't trying to say 06 had better platforming sections than colors.

Edited by MachSpeed

Okay, 06 is by far worse than Colors. Let's be honest here. Colors is one of the best games in the series. 06 is shit. You can't even argue this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why? The fastest person to pick Sonic wins. Shadow and Silver are too slow.

• Thumbs Up 1

There were some glitches but the level design was great. Alternate paths, shortcuts and actual platforming that wasn't Sonic Colors blockathons.

I think it did. Some good examples are Kingdom Valley and Crisis City (Section 2) before the mach speed area.

Kingdom Vally I found a buggy bitch and while I see what you mean with Crisis City, it's no Colours and that section of the level is 20/30 seconds.

Bland, generic, broken, repetitive platforming>Sonic colors? While that game is mostly 2d at least it's 3d sections have playable, somewhat enjoyable platform sections that beat the crap out of 06's.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

Why? The fastest person to pick Sonic wins. Shadow and Silver are too slow.

And then one factors in Sonic's Custom Gems, which are indeed available in the multiplayer mode...

Okay, 06 is by far worse than Colors. Let's be honest here. Colors is one of the best games in the series. 06 is shit. You can't even argue this.

Wanna bet?

• Thumbs Up 1

I just miss Sonic games being real free 3D worlds with precise controls like Adventure. I love Sonic's Episode and I know there are some people who will agree with me on this. The levels are much larger and less repetitive than Colors which reuses lots of assets and has short levels.

I just miss Sonic games being real free 3D worlds with precise controls like Adventure. I love Sonic's Episode and I know there are some people who will agree with me on this. The levels are much larger and less repetitive than Colors which reuses lots of assets and has short levels.

Unleashed happened. Well, not control wise. But is superior over '06. Edited by Rainbow Ring

Unleashed happened. Well, not control wise. But is superior over '06.

Plus is updated the Mach speed into me! Which...means...Mach speed is my Classic...Sonic....D:

I'm siding with the majority here, 06 was a crushing disappointment to me. Every trailer managed to fool me into thinking it would be the most epic Sonic game ever using some form of cruel, dark magic. Out of the entire game, there were maybe 3 levels that had a single fun part to them. The glitches, the boring level design and art style (although I did like the Egg Guardians)...there's just no point in revisiting it. I would prefer they focus all their resources on making new games, and maybe someday a return to the SA/SA2/06 style of Sonic gameplay, but that's all.

Unleashed happened.

I like Generations and Unleashed but the levels weren't as free. Well they made them more open in Generations (Sky Sanctuary, Seaside Hill, etc) but it still feels restricted. Anyway that's besides the point I mean for the people who enjoyed Sonic's Episode in 2006 a rerelease for XBLA/PSN/PC with glitch fixes and online would be great. Not to mention modders can finally look inside 06 better.

I just miss Sonic games being real free 3D worlds with precise controls like Adventure.
Then ask for a new game instead of trying to revive Sonic Team's biggest mistake. Nothing good comes from '06.
  • Thumbs Up 7

Very few people enjoyed 06. To go back and tweak a 6 year old game that nobody liked is pointless and a waste of money.

Oh yeah, about Sonic's model you mentioned. That thing shows now emotion other than through the mouth, which can be found in the wrong place of his face (in the middle). I could go on.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh yeah, about Sonic's model you mentioned. That thing shows now emotion other than through the mouth, which can be found in the wrong place of his face (in the middle). I could go on.

That's why I like it. He looks much cooler with the same angry expression like in Sonic 1.

Open world gameplay =/= good gameplay. 06 Is the prime example of this. What did ST gain from making it basically a sandbox? Bland empty worlds?Check. Easy death pits?check. boring levels?check.

Open world gameplay =/= good gameplay. 06 Is the prime example of this. What did ST gain from making it basically a sandbox? Bland empty worlds?Check. Easy death pits?check. boring levels?check.

I don't think they were boring. There were some death pits but the levels were still fun. Kingdom Valley is one of the best stages in the whole Sonic series.