Awoo.

Other Villains in the Series

WarioBone

There are a bunch of characters that could fit that roll.

I think the Babylon Rouges could be a perfect fit if you wanted to slide them into place (its not like they are busy with anything else). They are already established as as a greedy group that isn't afraid of getting their hands dirty. They don't have to pander to the hero or the villain. They could literally just be there to "be in the way".

non-offensive screen time is a win-win.

If you're going to have greedy, selfish people who are there to make life tough for everyone, give us Fang, not some two-bit spin-off annoyances.

• Thumbs Up 1

Are the Rogues part of the main canon?

Looking back on this, Eggman is more than enough in terms of main villains... Such a larger than life character, yet he's had his role stolen by characterless monsters so many times... I like the odd Metal Sonic and whatnot as a side-villain, but no one must ever, EVER steal Eggz's role again. Remember how that's worked out in the past.

Edited by Joker the Magnificent

If you're going to have greedy, selfish people who are there to make life tough for everyone, give us Fang, not some two-bit spin-off annoyances.

The Babylons could work under Fang.

Are the Rogues part of the main canon?

Looking back on this, Eggman is more than enough in terms of main villains... Such a larger than life character, yet he's had his role stolen by characterless monsters so many times... I like the odd Metal Sonic and whatnot as a side-villain, but no one must ever, EVER steal Eggz's role again. Remember how that's worked out in the past.

I'd find Eggman's presence much more intimidating and meaningful if he weren't CONSTANTLY behind EVERY SINGLE FAILED PLOT EVER. A lot of people have talked about a nature-based rival that would be a threat to the planet, as well. I'd love that, two extremely powerful forces going at it, with Sonic and the rest of the planet caught in the middle.

The Babylons could work under Fang.

I think of Fang as independent. Can't imagine him wasting his time on some lousy birds, but then again we know so little of him...

And on the Eggman thing, I'd like to see him actually *win* for once, if mostly to see how disturbed and uneasy it could make him. ;D

Edited by Joker the Magnificent
  • Thumbs Up 1

Don't listen to Sonic X. If Robotnik won, he'd have the time of his fucking life.

Oh sure, maybe now and then he'd have memories of the times he and Sonic fought countless battles... but then he'd remember that - oh right - he hated Sonic, proceed to give a toast to his death, and then carry on his merry way on a hydraulic-powered Car with Drill on Front, killing many a shitty fancharacter's parent on the way.

Besides, he's got a creative mind. He could just capture some other loud-mouthed animal and pretend they're harboring Sonic's soul.

Edited by Dr. Crusher
  • Thumbs Up 8

Besides, he's got a creative mind. He could just capture some other loud-mouthed animal and pretend they're harboring Sonic's soul.

Or just program Metal with Sonic's personality and drop him in the middle of the woods somewhere, with a sticky note on his visor:

"Dear Metal Sonic,

I'm going to do some bad things. You better stop me!

Love your glorious creator evil nemesis, Dr. Eggman.

P.S. If you're not too busy fighting your way back here, please pick up some groceries on the way. I'm friggin' hungry.

P.S.S. If you buy twenty cartons of eggs again I'm melting you into a keychain."

EDIT: Holy shit, Indigo, we had a broment there.

Edited by Ladies' Man Wario
  • Thumbs Up 2

...actually, that opens up an interesting possibility.

Eggman defeats Sonic, and a couple years down the line, Metal Sonic, who was programmed not only with all of Sonic's data, but actually believes he's the real Sonic, starts to assume the identity and begins to try to defeat Eggman...!

Hey, it'd be pretty interesting.

Or just program Metal with Sonic's personality and drop him in the middle of the woods somewhere, with a sticky note on his visor:

"Dear Metal Sonic,

I'm going to do some bad things. You better stop me!

Love your glorious creator evil nemesis, Dr. Eggman.

P.S. If you're not too busy fighting your way back here, please pick up some groceries on the way. I'm friggin' hungry.

P.S.S. If you buy twenty cartons of eggs again I'm melting you into a keychain."

...provided of course there's a bomb planted inside Metal's hardware that will explode if Metal were to pull a Heroes and rebel for real.

Even then, I imagine Robotnik would only do that for a retelling of how the mighty Eggman slayed the demon hedgehog. Just like what Porky did in Mother 3.

Edited by Dr. Crusher
  • Thumbs Up 1

but no one must ever, EVER steal Eggz's role again. Remember how that's worked out in the past.

Its worked fine in the past (examples include Emerl and Perfect Chaos and Final Hazard).

The problem with people stealing Eggy's spotlight is when it starts to happen so often that it becomes a bit of a running gag. (Generations poked fun at that a little bit with its storyline).

Sonic Team doesn't need to shy away from making other villains the big bad if its appropriate, they just need to be waaaaaaaay more conservative with their implementation and when they do choose to go back to it, make it tasteful.

I'd find Eggman's presence much more intimidating and meaningful if he weren't CONSTANTLY behind EVERY SINGLE FAILED PLOT EVER. A lot of people have talked about a nature-based rival that would be a threat to the planet, as well. I'd love that, two extremely powerful forces going at it, with Sonic and the rest of the planet caught in the middle.

Kid Icarus Uprising plus Sonic?

Fund it.

Maybe Amy Rose could go nuts (well, more nuts than usual) and be a bad guy?

I jest, of course. :B

Professor Gerald was sort of the true bad guy in SA2, perhaps that could be used as a reference again? It's still something to do with Eggman but it wouldn't be him as the villain directly. Then again, didn't they make him "good" again for Shadow the Hedgehog? wacko.png

Edited by MamboCat

Then again, didn't they make him "good" again for Shadow the Hedgehog? wacko.png

Gerald was always good. He just kinda sold out the planet for a chance to save Maria, and then went off the deep end when she croaked.

Can't really blame him for that. At least he made up for it with the Eclipse Cannon.

Can't really blame him for that.

Uh, no, you most certainly can. You can lose a loved one without attempting to destroy the planet afterwards. Gerald was weak and it was his fault for almost destroying the planet as much as it was Shadow's for helping.

Oh Gerald, you rogue, you. You and your cannons and secret projects doomed to fail as the plot demands, what are you like?

Uh, no, you most certainly can. You can lose a loved one without attempting to destroy the planet afterwards. Gerald was weak and it was his fault for almost destroying the planet as much as it was Shadow's for helping.

I meant from a character standpoint. Yeah, his overall weakness was a big time character flaw, but it wasn't enough for me to see him as a bad guy.

I meant from a character standpoint. Yeah, his overall weakness was a big time character flaw, but it wasn't enough for me to see him as a bad guy.

I can see where you're coming from, but in my book, attempting to destroy the planet (trying to rectify it later or not) automatically makes you a bad guy.

Gerald is more of a Tragic Villain than anything, he had nothing but good intentions, but unfortunate circumstances led to him becoming vengeful genocidal bastard. You feel sorry for him, but his actions are clearly villainous, no matter how justified.

I think of Fang as independent. Can't imagine him wasting his time on some lousy birds, but then again we know so little of him...

Well, he and the Rouges (with Rouge in addition) do share an eye for treasure, and Fang has his hoverbike thing he calls The Marvelous Queen. If they were to work together, it could be a very uneasy alliance. Adding Bean and Bark as well could also raise tensions for the rest of the Rougescrew-Storm may feel intimidated by Bark, while Wave can't stand Bean merely because of his screwball personality (that is, if he's based off his Archie personality) as well as his (probably exxagerated) use of his bombs.

Well, at least that's some ideas I had regarding Fang/Bark/Bean and the Rouges, anyway.

I have an idea: a villain that turns Sonic's love of chili dogs against him! He uses chili dogs with disgusting and horrible fillings such as knives, grenades, rotten eggs, and starfish to attack. He goes from hot dog stand to hot dog stand, claiming victims. Rouge is especially horrified of him.

And then he turns out to be Whisker 2.0, who's the mascot for Robotnik's latest chilli-dog business.

Genius.

• Thumbs Up 2

I have an idea: a villain that turns Sonic's love of chili dogs against him! He uses chili dogs with disgusting and horrible fillings such as knives, grenades, rotten eggs, and starfish to attack. He goes from hot dog stand to hot dog stand, claiming victims. Rouge is especially horrified of him.

... Why, exactly?