Awoo.

Other Villains in the Series

WarioBone

There was always Doctor Quark in AOSTH who was a rival to Robotnik.

Check out 1.50:

I think the idea of Eggman sharing the fights like he does with Metal Sonic in some of the games is quite good. Personally I want to see Eggman win which would make a change. Eggman takes over the world, Sonic then gradually saves the world over the next few games.

Edited by MilesKnightwing

I was thinking something like this the other day, but strictly for Nack.

Imagine what Sonic Generations would be like if Nack the Weasel was the Genesis Era boss instead of the Death Egg Robot. Imagine seeing him brought to life, slight redesign, a voice (maybe) and his personality brought to life as you face him one on one, hedgehog to weasel. The thought warms me up and reminds me further of how while I love Sonic Generations, it still missed several opportunities to become a five hour fangasm in a disc.

Eggman takes over the world, Sonic then gradually saves the world over the next few games.

To be honest, that sounds like the general plot to Sonic Unleashed, except expanding it to a few sonic games, creating a "Save the World Saga" or something! I sort of like that idea, but I would like to see it myself as long as the levels weren't "real world inspired" like unleashed. But for the sake of the topic, one of the reasons Eggman could have gotten so far so fast could be the addition of a side-kick and throughout the "Save the World Saga" Sonic will have to defeat Eggman and his new sidekick and by the end, the sidekick will be defeated and ejected from further use, keeping Eggman.

Edited by Scott

Metal Sonic should be given back his voice and his own agenda. Not saying that he cant work for Eggman anymore, but they should really make it clear that he does it only because he wants to beat Sonic and not simply because he is some mindless slave. Free Riders had the right idea.

I rather it be a completely new villain rather then use someone who hasn't been seen in over ten years plus. Either that or Darkspine sonic ( how ever his name is spelled. ) Actually that's what I WISHED sega was doing with shadow.. well before he became shadow. An actual dark sonic like Dark Hado Ryu.

The Babylon Rogues. In a main game. I think they should either be with Eggman or alone. They are thiefs and thugs.

I'd want a Sonic Tails and Knuckles game where they have to fight the Eggman Empire, Battle Kuku Army and the Nocturnus clan.

I'd kinda like for it to be like Generations, where Eggman overtakes the monster, but I'd like to fight the monster before fighting Eggman, kinda like a two/three part final boss like in Unleashed, except it'd be Boss 1: Versus random monster (Eggman finishes monster) Boss 2: Eggman. A role reversal, I guess.

Knack has potential to be a mercenary with no ties to anyone but himself. Pretty much a gun for hire to the highest bidder and occasionally works for himself if there is some financial benefit involved.

Outside of that, I'd like to see a fresh-faced villain. Somebody new, perhaps a person who plays to the more mythical side of the franchise (as opposed to Eggman who plays on the science/technology) and uses a kind of "Clay soldier" army analogue powered by mythical substances (in the vain of Chaos Emeralds, but not as powerful - perhaps ancient imitations) and/or magic, to contrast Eggman's very typical robots/machines. Perhaps said characters' goal is to return the planet back to nature or something (again to contrast Eggman who wants to control the world with his machines).

Perhaps the plot for one game could involve a territory war between said new character and Sonic, who acts as the sleeping giant for the game and decides to get involved when their fighting damages the environment/hurts his friends etc.

This is just brainstorming. Of course there are numerous other possibilities. There could be a Villain who works alone (maybe with minions or robots of his own), but never really reveals himself (quite unlike Eggman who always makes a show of everything he does) and operates by tricking powerful people (including maybe Gun) to fight among themselves while he persues another agenda amongst the arguments and fighting.

Just as long as Sonic doesn't have to fight living things. I think that would be a little too grim for this franchise. Just have Eggman Robots, GUN/military robots, corporate security bots etc.

Edited by Scar

Just as long as Sonic doesn't have to fight living things. I think that would be a little too grim for this franchise. Just have Eggman Robots, GUN/military robots, corporate security bots etc.

Ok, unless you think other platforming series such a Mario and Ratchet & Clank are "grim" there's nothing wrong with Sonic fighting living things.

Here's my two cents).

- Metal Sonic. Yup, he's been used in Heroes, but many people think he sucked in that game because he transformed in some kind of a dragon.. I'm OK with that but Metal could really be the great villain.

- Eggman Nega. I take it he's a more insane version of Eggman. I like that.

- A new villain. Storybooks nailed it, especially Black knight.

- Someone we all know well and they are villains because of their idea (which they think is good). Again, just like Merlina in BK. That could give more complicated characters a chance to shine. Characters like Shadow, Rouge, Omega (Team Dark basically) or maybe Jet or even Knuckles! I think if the plot and writing was good, it could turn out amazing don't you think? :)

Well Team Dark, and Jet I don't mind as the occasional antagonist, but why Knuckles? At this point he's basically one of Sonic's BFFs, so he has very little reason to fight against him, unless that stupid running gag rears it's ugly head again.

Well Team Dark, and Jet I don't mind as the occasional antagonist, but why Knuckles? At this point he's basically one of Sonic's BFFs, so he has very little reason to fight against him, unless that stupid running gag rears it's ugly head again.

Yeah, Knuckles has come to terms with his alliances. I can't really imagine him going after Sonic seriously.

Similarly, I can only imagine Nack is some intermediate villain or even comic relief ala Team Rocket. I suppose he's in the unique position of being completely without alliance, but with everyone having gotten significantly more powerful and capable since the Classic days of old I only see him as this cute character with a pistol, completely overestimating his own abilities against the rest of the cast; not a real threat so much as he is a nuisance.

However, Metal Sonic needs a moment or two to dominate a whole game as a serious threat and Eggman's right-hand man like Chaos did. He needs to be given the chance to actually wreck some shit throughout the game and live up to his reputation for once instead of being yet another ill-fated final boss. Really, all Sega has to do is watch the OVA and take a few notes. I'd love them forever if they did something like that.

Also, what is with the mentions of Imperor Ix and the Nocturnus? One game was seriously enough.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just as long as Sonic doesn't have to fight living things. I think that would be a little too grim for this franchise.

Might be kinda fun to have a game where the main threats are not only Metal Sonic, but Tails Doll and Mecha/Metal Knuckles, all working as a team.

What counts as "living"? Robots aren't flesh and blood, but Omega's as much a person as any other character, so isn't he "alive"? Do Iblis' and Dark Gaia's spawn count as "alive"? And there's never been a problem with Sonic fighting Shadow or Silver or whoever.

By living, I meant humans and/or other anthros. Yeah, they can be Boss-battles or Mini-bosses, but not the standard henchmen (a la Shadow's game), which are found everywhere within stages and are ploughed through by Sonic and/or any other playable character.

It would just look awkward for them to be knocked out and lying all over the stage like they did in Shadow, or even weirder if they just disappeared or turned into rings or other collectibles once jumped on/homing attack. I just don't think it fits the Sonic aesthetic.

I dunno, I guess it could be possible if done right, but I'm not really seeing it.

Edited by Scar

I'd rather like some villians who have vendettas against individual characters, rather than one major villian vs the Sonic cast.

Eggman Nega could be used for example as an antagonist to Blaze and Silver (possibly Sonic as well) Ix and his nocturnes would be good to at least give Knuckles some villians to play with (may'be throw in Metal Knuckles). I'd rather GUN be an antagonist for Team Dark (although it be quite easy to make some up for them). And so on and so on.

• Thumbs Up 1

I do get tired of some fans insisting that the Archie characters should be in the games. I only own one issue, it was free, I have no interest in getting more. Shops don't even sell then anywhere I've been. I could buy them over the internet, but the fact is, I just don't care that much.

I often worry that the Sonic franchise has way too many good guy characters, but the series has accumulated a large number of villains. But most of them were one offs though. That could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on who you speak too.

Fang The Sniper

Knack_5.png

Eggman Nega

Rush_eggman_nega.png

Grand Battle Kukku 15th

Battlecork.png

Mephiles The Dark

Mephiles_the_DarkST.PNG

Eggrobo

Eggrobo_generations.PNG

Metal Sonic

Metalsonic666.jpg

Pir'Oth Ix

Nocturnusix.png

Wendy Witchcart

WitchcartDarkcastle.png

I could go on, but the images of people like Erazor Djinn, Dark Queen and Black Doom, are quite large...

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd rather like some villians who have vendettas against individual characters, rather than one major villian vs the Sonic cast.

Eggman Nega could be used for example as an antagonist to Blaze and Silver (possibly Sonic as well) Ix and his nocturnes would be good to at least give Knuckles some villians to play with (may'be throw in Metal Knuckles). I'd rather GUN be an antagonist for Team Dark (although it be quite easy to make some up for them). And so on and so on.

Last I checked, Team Dark WORKS for GUN.

I dunno, have Dark go rogue? Wouldn't have to be that hard to have GUN and Team Dark go against each other.

I dunno, have Dark go rogue? Wouldn't have to be that hard to have GUN and Team Dark go against each other.

Unless GUN start killing little girls again, they have little reason to defect. Although GUN(and by extension Team Dark) being secondary Antagonists towards Sonic & co. sounds like a good idea, not villains, they're all vying for the same thing, but I doubt GUN would appreciate Sonic's Gung-ho, impulsive streak and would try to restrict him, and Sonic hates being restricted so there's potential for a conflict. Of course this is all dependent if GUN even appears again as a relevant force beyond Team Dark.

It always possible that there could be inside traitors that Team Dark could go after (alternnatively, Team Dark could be said traitors). There are ways around it.

I do get tired of some fans insisting that the Archie characters should be in the games. I only own one issue, it was free, I have no interest in getting more. Shops don't even sell then anywhere I've been. I could buy them over the internet, but the fact is, I just don't care that much.

I often worry that the Sonic franchise has way too many good guy characters, but the series has accumulated a large number of villains. But most of them were one offs though. That could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on who you speak too.

Fang The Sniper

Knack_5.png

Eggman Nega

Rush_eggman_nega.png

Grand Battle Kukku 15th

Battlecork.png

Mephiles The Dark

Mephiles_the_DarkST.PNG

Eggrobo

Eggrobo_generations.PNG

Metal Sonic

Metalsonic666.jpg

Pir'Oth Ix

Nocturnusix.png

Wendy Witchcart

WitchcartDarkcastle.png

I could go on, but the images of people like Erazor Djinn, Dark Queen and Black Doom, are quite large...

Also, Tails Doll, Babylon Rogues, Mecha Knuckles, Metal Knuckles, Mecha Sonic, Silver Sonic...

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, Tails Doll, Babylon Rogues, Mecha Knuckles, Metal Knuckles, Mecha Sonic, Silver Sonic...

Tails Doll its just a doll made to trick Sonic according to Sonic R, how can it be a villain?

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe there's something regarding the Master Emerald and Knuckles thinks he's doing the right thing but he's not.

Or maybe he is brainwashed by Eggman or maybe turned into a Mecha Knuckles partially.. Who knows what could happen if the plot was great...

But yeah, Knuckles is one of the good guys now, I'm merely speculating..