Awoo.

Game Grumps

Soniman

This is pretty much the way it goes when I play games with friends locally. I mean, honestly, who is totally focused in a situation like that?

• Thumbs Up 1

This is pretty much the way it goes when I play games with friends locally. I mean, honestly, who is totally focused in a situation like that?

As long as they don't blame '06 for their lack of focus...

It's at least as much a game's duty to communicate information well as it is the player's to attend to it. As a game designer, I always get excited when they miss a fundamental rule or instruction because it's interesting to see how well the design is able to communicate information on its own merits. For instance, that one Mario Party 4 minigame seems pretty obvious to people who played it, but it actually made me realize how poorly made Toad's speech bubble was; it contrasted with the floor and was briefly hidden by the timer when it first appears. There was nothing to guide their eyes to it. And then there was the infamous Milky Way Wishes thing; I was desperately hoping they would beat the game without even realizing the power change option existed because it's just interesting to see how a game plays out when played against the developer's intention. But that was also poor communication on Nintendo's part as well; the Copy Deluxe tutorial prompt looks just like the normal tutorial prompt and could easily be skipped by anyone brisking through and wanting the play the game. It comes back to what Egoraptor discussed in his Megaman Sequelitis about conveyance; there's always a more effective and elegant way to communicate information than wall-of-text instructions. I'm not saying they're not at fault for ignoring information, but designers can't necessarily assume the state of mind of the players either and in most cases, guiding or directing the player is a better tool than simply telling the player what to do, for this very reason among others.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's at least as much a game's duty to communicate information well as it is the player's to attend to it. As a game designer, I always get excited when they miss a fundamental rule or instruction because it's interesting to see how well the design is able to communicate information on its own merits. For instance, that one Mario Party 4 minigame seems pretty obvious to people who played it, but it actually made me realize how poorly made Toad's speech bubble was; it contrasted with the floor and was briefly hidden by the timer when it first appears. There was nothing to guide their eyes to it. And then there was the infamous Milky Way Wishes thing; I was desperately hoping they would beat the game without even realizing the power change option existed because it's just interesting to see how a game plays out when played against the developer's intention. But that was also poor communication on Nintendo's part as well; the Copy Deluxe tutorial prompt looks just like the normal tutorial prompt and could easily be skipped by anyone brisking through and wanting the play the game. It comes back to what Egoraptor discussed in his Megaman Sequelitis about conveyance; there's always a more effective and elegant way to communicate information than wall-of-text instructions. I'm not saying they're not at fault for ignoring information, but designers can't necessarily assume the state of mind of the players either and in most cases, guiding or directing the player is a better tool than simply telling the player what to do, for this very reason among others.

Yes but it's instructions for MIlky Way Wishes, and some of the first since the early levels. Surely it must mean that something is different, or some gimmick is used if you need instructions.

At first I was like: "Baaawwww, Sanic OH SEX!"

But now I'm like: "...Best thing ever."

Edited by SweeCrue
  • Thumbs Up 1

Antigravity, out of control tails, Lord cocaine Regis, Hedgehogs constantly facepalming and more on the next thrilling installment of Sonic 06!

Edited by chaoscontrol14

The retarded Tails was the best thing ever. I do hope they do what Jon wants to do and complete this crackfest. It's freaking hilarious.

Ever watch the Continue episode on that Rugrats game? Well...

It looks like Jon and Arin are ready to take a crack at one! laugh.png

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 1

Aw shit, that game takes me back.Totally looks like shit now, but man, I used to play that hours on end. (The minigames actually got better.)

Dil Pickle! That cracked me up.

Sometimes Jontron can be pretty annoying, like with the random yelling and stuff.

Even Arin? That's his name right? You can tell he gets slightly annoyed too.

tumblr_md7tgjVuWB1r6spqho1_500.jpg

Even Arin? That's his name right? You can tell he gets slightly annoyed too.

What with them being best friends I think it's the kind of vitriol they learn to put up with each other, at least going by a few earlier episodes such as Banjo and SMBL2.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've got best friends too and even I get annoyed at things they do. It's what happens.

I'm just going by what I've seen from the game grumps playthroughs.

Fuck man, did I hear that right?! It's making 06 look good?!?!

Franklin and Arin feel the glow and run into walls on another Sanic Ohseex.

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Oh Ego, saying you can control Sonic in 06 because he's slower is such a....not true thing.

No matter how fast or slow you are going Sonic is always uncontrollable.

I really liked this episode. At this point I'm kind of concerned with how they'll cope with Silver or Radical Train though. Just how far down the rabbit hole are they willing to go before they call it quits basically. I really hope they don't stop since it's really starting to pick up for me.

• Thumbs Up 6

I was worried they were getting bored with the game and wouldn't be as funny, but this episode killed all worries. Them running into the wall all the time was awesome.

OHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

YES. YES. ALL OF MY YES. I HAVE WANTED THIS FOR SO LONG.

Edited by Pissy Dissy
  • Thumbs Up 2

[/media]

OHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

lol oh my days.

They are in for amazing and pain all at the same time.